Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread)

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Piracy on the Seven Skies (Sky Pirates IC Thread)

Post  Senshuken on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:31 am

Apollo grumbled a little at the idea of them being set up, but there wasn't a whole lot that they could do about it now. Since there wasn't much else to do at the moment, he decided to pass the time by taking a couple of the smaller stones from their hiding place and attempting to create a usable set of dice in order to pass the time with a couple of games of liar's dice... if he could managed to craft enough usable dice out of the stones anyway.

Actions:
Brawn (Actually shaping the dice): 7+9=16
Mechanics (Make the dice usable): 7+5=12

After what felt like hours of trying to mess around with pebbles, Apollo's attention was brought to the sound of an airship landing nearby... and another red dragon entering the cave to give them a heads up that the rescue had arrived. Abandoning his attempts at creating makeshift dice completely, he stepped out of the cave and took a look at the ship that had come to get them, as well as those who seemed to be crewing it. Seeing the bat winged unicorn mare, he couldn't help but snicker as he shook his head. "Seriously, is it now some kind of latest trend to get a pair of wings to match the horn?" Still chuckling to himself, he politely bowed down a little for Miss Purse as he asked "Would you care for one last lift that doesn't require us jumping off an airship or being chased by feral beasts, Miss Purse?

Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Frisky dons her pirate outfit and follows her mates out to meet their rescuers. On getting outside, she looks over the ali-bat.

"Frisky Risk, pirate mage," she says on her way into the sky ship, then she unfurls one of her own wings. "Not natural, either. Pegasus crystal when I was a filly." She folds it back. "Kind of a weirdness magnet. Fair warning."

In response to Apollo's question, she mutters to herself, "I'll take a lift on anything, so long as I don't have to plug myself into the engines again."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Seeing the psuedo-alicorn donning the pirate outfit, Grey Horizon begins to laugh to herself. That... actually was hilarious. Calming her self, she decided to field a few of the statements the ponies had made. Looking to Trigger, Grey nods to her statement on the validity of the relics.

"Those were not the real Elements of Harmony, your correct on that. Which is why I think we need to leave, quickly. My benefactor knows that little tidbit, and I can assure you it won't take the Black Sky long to figure it out either."

She then pointedly looks to Apollo and let out a huff.

"Again, My boss had a... funny sense of humor. I didn't choose to get these wings, but I'm not complaining. In my line of work, being able to fly is far more useful then any other tool you could carry. And quietly flying is better."

Grey unfurls her wings, taking into the air, deciding to fly along side the boarding ship, lest anyone have more questions.

Last edited by Goldstone14 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Espresso wrote:Grey Horizons, you watch as a strange assortment of a griffon with a jetpack, a black drake carrying a pony-sized tankard and wearing a mask, an alicorn, an earth pony mare with guns for legs, a pale blue pegasus, and a mare in a ripped and torn dress emerge from the cave.
(How could you forget about poor ol' bat pony Mori? That's literally going against his name Memento Mori...)

Leaving the cave with a stretch and a yawn having tried to salvage a nap unsuccessfully, Mori dawdles towards the boarding ship, listening to the conversation. "Got any food on board?" he asks aloud...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:12 am

(Oops! My bad!)

"Yes, of course we have food, my batty friend! No blood though, so you'll have to make do!" The other dragon, apparently Vulcan's twin, Hephaestus, laughs jovially as he gets onto the boarding ship as well. He nudges Vulcan in the side. "But yes, food. Wouldn't want my little brother to be any more of a twig than he already is, eh?"

The ship lifts up, going into the hold of the larger ship in the sky. It's quite busy in the ship - unlike the Huntress, this is a properly outfitted skyship with multiple layers of below deck and a crew of more than a hundred. Hephaestus looks over all of you. "Now, my boss wants to talk to you all about the mission, so we'll be heading to one of the Gold Sky strongholds. It's pretty far, and my ship ain't quick, so it'll be the greater part of a day before we get there. There's food in the kitchen, and I'm sure there's somewhere quiet if you want to take a nap. My job's just to make sure you all get to the base, so if that's all, I'll get back to captaining."

He glances at Grey Horizons. "And I'm sure you can find something to entertain yourself with as well. Maybe mingle a little, I don't know."
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:39 am

Grey Horizon gives Hephaestus an angry glare, eyes flashing a soft green as she stares him down. Channeling her mental magics into her words, she sent the spell out to Hephaestus, attempting to influence his mind

"How about you worry about your brother and his friends instead of me, hm? I'm not important to you for your current goals, so focus on the ponies and such that are."

After speaking to him like this, she tries to speed up and pass the ship, to arrive to the ship before them, her wings working as hard as they can, hoping to pull ahead now.

-----
Actions:
Mental Magic (Mind Sculpter Destiny, Psychic Speaking, Arcana Roll): 19+13=32
Flight (Acrobatics, Attempting to Fly Fast): 9+7=16
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:01 pm

"She's pleasant," Vulcan comments as Horizons goes ahead. "Must be a hit at parties."

Turning back to Hephaestus, Vulcan reluctantly asks, "So, you mentioned your bosses. Which one? Not the big one, is it?" His lip curls in distaste - even if he respects Prince's authority, draconic rivalries die hard.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:32 am

Frisky steps off the small ship and onto the larger one. She barely notices Grey doing something with her eyes; after the day she's had, poor Frisky's mind isn't quite up for her usual inquisitiveness.

"Food," she mutters as she trudges in the direction the new dragon pointed when speaking of the kitchen. "I'm gonna go get food. Then bed."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:50 am

Mori follows after Frisky, eager to end his starvation...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:33 am

"Do you have a workshop where I can give myself a tune-up?" Trigger asks, noting her burned-out rocket legs. "That's all I really need."
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:04 pm

With his offer to give a lift to the lady turned down politely, Apollo shrugged a little before deciding to fly up to the ship himself. He had two goals in mind right now; Secure food and somewhere to take a nap. After everything they had just been through, he needed a bit of time to get his feathers unruffled and re-oiled. Granted he didn't expect to go swimming anytime soon but the act would make him feel better about this awful, awful day.

Dice Rolls:

Flying: 6+14=20
9+14=23
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:53 pm

At Vulcan's question, Hephaestus shrugs. "You know how the Gold Sky is - all chain of responsibility, and bureaucracy. I get my orders, and I execute them. I don't know who's issuing them" He pauses, before lowering his voice. "But you know, I heard down the grapevine that your bounty was issued by someone high up in the Hidden Sky. Maybe even Mistral Step herself. Gotta wonder what the Sneaks want to do with this whole thing, eh?"

Mori, Frisky and Apollo all head for the kitchens, and after explaining their situation are issued each a loaf of bread, a small platter of salad, and a small bottle of water. For Apollo, the head chef is even generous enough to slap a slice of smoked salmon onto his salad. It's not a large meal, but it tastes alright and most important of all seems to not be poisoned.

Trigger is directed to the main engineering deck, where there are plenty of empty workbenches to fix herself up.

For now, all seems calm.

(Long rest time! if there's anything you'd like to do during the long rest, post it! Otherwise we'll be time-skipping to the next day!
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Frisky digs into her meal...then notices the water.

"Um...can I get something stronger, please?" she asks, giving the chef her most pleading look. "Anything that takes the edge off from feeling like hell?"

Actions:
Persuasion Check
Roll: 15+5+1=21
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm

After a bit, Grey Horizon would seek out Apollo, the penguin griffon, trying to bring the attention of the griffon to her. Once she gotten had gotten his attention, a sigh escaping her.

"Your name was... Apollo, yes? Can we speak privately, if you don't mind? I do need to talk to someone, and I think you simply are the best to speak to. I have a room, that is, if you don't mind."
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:18 pm

After enjoying a wonderfully filling meal (and expressing his thanks to the cook for going above and beyond by providing some rather tasty smoked salmon), Apollo had retreated to a somewhat more private area of the ship in order to preen and oil his feathers in order to... well, relax and feel better about himself after everything that had happened.

He was somewhat surprised that anyone had decided to track him down for any reason, but as the 'bat alicorn' requested his presence in order to discuss something, he couldn't help but narrow his brow briefly before nodding his head. "Alright, lead the way."
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:44 am

Trigger breathes out in relief as she sits down in the workshop, relishing in the smell of smoke and metal. She pops her chest open, and unrolls a length of fake fur, starting on the lengthy process of re-skinning herself, not to mention giving herself a full tune up so she's back to a hundred percent.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 am

The chef shakes his head at Frisky's request. "Regulations are regulations, lil' lady. Not even the captain gets to drink on the job. It ain't the Gold Sky way. Sorry."

As the group rests up, the skyship steadily chugs along the airways, and the night passes peacefully, for once.

In the morning, a bell sounds, jolting everyone to attention. It's a call for port - they've arrived. Crew members track down each of the members of the group, and urges them to congregate on deck, where Hephaestus is waiting.

In the distance, a massive city of brass and steel gleams like a golden crown in the morning sun, suspended in the air by vortexes of condensed cloud. Countless ships mill about the city's airspace, with new ships constantly docking and casting off.

Hephaestus gestures at the city. "Welcome to El Dorado, the city of a thousand splendors. Here lives the riches pirates you'll ever find in all the lands. We'll be docking with the city very soon, and then I'll take you to where you're supposed to be debriefed. Do we have any questions about what's going to happen? Or about El Dorado?"
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:17 am

Grey Horizon sighs, flexing her wings as she joins the group on the deck of the ship. After seeing Apollo though, she looks anywhere but his direction, unsure how to... approach that situation publicly. She stands a decent distance away from him, looking to Hep and speaking shortly.

"Whats the rules around here? I imagine they favor pirating law, so no stealing and such. But I'd hate for someone to get in trouble if theres something stupid like a 'don't walk there' kind of rule."
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 am

In much the same way that Grey was looking away from him, Apollo also seemed to be looking away from her in return. It would seem that both of them were traveling in uncharted territory and weren't quite sure how to go forward from here.

However, as question time came around the griffin did have one question in mind. "Where exactly in Equestria is El Dorado? Are we even in Equestria anymore?"
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:29 pm

"We're not." Vulcan yawns as he shuffles up above deck. "El Dorado sits off the west coast. We're in no-man's sky right now."

He seems tired, and haggard. His tank sits loosely on his shoulder, and he blinks against the sunlight. "This is why I hate the Gold Sky... no alcohol..."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

"So what happens to us after this debriefing?" asks Mori...

(History Check on El Dorado: 14 (Roll) + 13 (Skill) + 1 (Apollo's Grandeur) = 28)

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm

"Hopefully, another job. I'm still broke," Trigger says. She has her fur coating back on, so she looks more normal and less like a terminator. "I don't imagine we still get paid for this nonsense..." She pauses. "What about the noblemare? What'll happen to her?"
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Frisky takes in the sight, stretching a wing and then tucking it back under her cloak as she does. Her own pink covering has regenerated enough to cover the exposed parts of her body. Under it and her pirate costume, the pegasus crystal in her belly has returned to its usual glow, replenishing her pegasus magic.

"I think we'll probably get shipped out on another job," she says in response to Trigger's comment. "I'm not plugging myself into any more pegasus engines, though. It hurts."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 pm

"The standard rules apply. No violence except for self-defense, no insulting other Skies, no stealing and looting," Hephaestus lists off his claws. "And then Gold Sky rules. Don't ignore the chain of command, it exists for a reason. Never cheap out on someone. They'll know, and you don't want to get mixed up with the enforcers. Treat your money like you treat your own family... infinitely disposable. Big spenders are welcome additions"

He gives Vulcan a toothy grin.

"As my brother says, El Dorado is a cloud complex that is currently parked off the west coast of Equestria. It's outside of Equestrian jurisdiction, so they can't do jack shit to us. It's owned by the Gold Sky, so you play by our rules."

Mori knows that El Dorado has traditionally served as a sort of 'vegas' resort for pirates - a place where they can let their manes down and relax without worrying about having the Royal navy breathe down their necks. Also known as the City of a Thousand Splendors, all manner of goods and services are provided, given you have the bits to afford them. However, due to the strict bureaucratic nature of the Gold Sky, there are also many rules and regulations that must be followed, enforced by a ruthless security force known as the enforcers. As such more rowdy Skies such as the Blood Sky tend to prefer their own brands of entertainment.

In response to Mori, he says, "To be honest, I have no clue. Unlike my brother with his old crew, I'm not all that high up. I'm just a captain, you see. From what I can tell, you're not in trouble, or anything, but the bosses want to hear about what happened from your own mouths,"

He then looks at Trigger. "Best I can figure, she'll either be ransomed back to her family, or be sold to the Sun Sky; Those guys always have a use for nobility." He shrugs. "She's being held in the brig right now, and she'll be handed over to the authorities once we get to El Dorado. Frankly, she's lucky she's even alive; if we were Blood Sky, or Black Sky, she'd be mince by now."
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Frisky hums to herself. In the time that she wasn't asleep, Frisky had heard a bit about Purse Flower. Noblemare, descended from a noble family of antiquarians and collectors, some of them donors to the Canterlot archives.

The kind of pony that'd be more useful helping Frisky realize her dream of becoming a relic hunter than being Sun Sky's new torture doll.

"What if she were join a pirate crew? Y'know, willingly?"
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top