Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge]

+4
A1C Bronymous
Faege
Senshuken
AleneShazam
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge] Empty Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge]

Post  Goldstone14 Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:49 am

So, this is more of an interest gauge I guess. Basically, the short and skinny of the campaign is this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Four major crime families, and quite a few gangs have turned Manehatten into a cesspool of crime. Buckleggers illegally cart Hard Cider to Neigh-Easies, ran by the biggest mafia family in the city. Not just that, but strange foods keep finding their ways on the street, getting ponies addicted to their narcotic like effects. And lets not forget the smuggling that is as prevalent as ever, black market goods getting sold to the highest bidder.

The police do nothing, powerless to fight back.

But not everypony is gonna lay there and take it.

A few ponies stand up for themselves, trying to crack down on the crime by going vigilante.

Will you be one of the few?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few story aspects first, put into spoilers to keep this nice and clean.

Factions:

Players:

Last edited by Goldstone14 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge] Empty Re: Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge]

Post  AleneShazam Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Noir? Ponies? I'm in!!!!

So are we looking at PI type characters? I'll start drafting something up when I'm less busy cheers
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge] Empty Re: Big Manehattan Blues. [1920 Noir Setting, Pony Tales, Interest Gauge]

Post  Goldstone14 Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Not exaclty PI. But I would like players to not be gang members. You can be a renegade cop, or a vigilante, or heck, just a citizen that gets pulled into a fight.

Just tell me what you want to do!
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Would play! I love seedy crime Noir stories. I'll get working on something.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Im happy to have ya join!

Just PM me or send me a skype message if you want, Faege, to talk your character concept
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:31 am

Alright, I have a character sheet all set up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-tLYqxykTMVeuqi88ayk5OCo_b5irO9m5EEK6ka_Gho/edit?usp=sharing

Meet Gravedigger Sparky, the Corgi Diamond Dog.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:43 am

Was hoping for one or two more players possibly. Ill give it one more day for people to trickle in maybe, then we could start if noone else joins, sound alright?
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:48 am

Any character restrictions, or will you take just about anything?
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:11 am

Restrictions? Well, no alicorns, obviously, and no being a member of one of the gangs, not actively a member at least.
Other than that? I mean, no, not really.
I will mention minotaurs are rare, as are diamond dogs, so no more diamond dogs currently since we have one already.
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:08 pm

My sheet

Hotshot, disgruntled ex-cop who is sick and tired of all y'all's shit

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Alright, I put up a character I've had done up for a while.

Voyager/Lavender Blossom
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:08 pm

This campaign is starting at level 1, also... Im not digging the dark matter wntity angle on the character. Simply cause of how odd it is, i guess. Do you have any other cs' you want to toss at me to read?
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Hm, I have some kind of interest... mostly because I already have a character who might fit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U3s-zpzmW1rUBbEu6S60rwqI4WSZX2qssL0pULea27k/edit

He's a US Equestrian Marshall, tracks fugitives and assists local police. Just needs a tweak or two (and someone to verify if all of his mechanics are in order) to fit the setting. Tell me what you think.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Putting together a minotaur.

Ivan Leadhoof
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 pm

A cop in this setting is... a bad idea.

And for the minotaur, tis fine, but how do your sense skills have 11, but your sense attribute is only 8?
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Goldstone14 wrote:And for the minotaur, tis fine, but how do your sense skills have 11, but your sense attribute is only 8?
Looking at his sheet, he's missing two ability points and two training indications. I would imagine Jag's taking Read A Lot twice and forgot to mark his training in his sense skills...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Goldstone14 wrote:A cop in this setting is... a bad idea.

Good thing he's not a cop then. You can consider him the "vigilante" type for the purposes of this setting- say he's tired of the cops not pulling their weight and trying to end the violent crime, so he goes a bit off the books.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 pm

I was taking Read A Lot About It once, but misread it as applying to two skills instead of just one. Persuasion is supposed to be trained, but Perception is not. Already fixed it.

The spreadsheet I used to plan this out says the abilities on my sheet total up to 30 points exactly.
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh, my bad, you're right...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm

A1C, im sorry i misunderstood his concept. It seemed like he was a cop, though I was just skimming his backstory at the time, as I was in a rush. That is my issue. I was going to fast and misunderstood. He... should work?

Jag, if its fixed, den its fine. I was just wondering is all.

And is Paper Shadow joining or just lurking? Curiosity is killing me :3
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 am

I will concede, I am torn. I love film noir, I've done projects on it. I've even played a detective character here complete with lingo and internal monologues. But I'm a slow poster with the games I'm in as it is, I'd hate to slow this one down too...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 am

If you want you can, but also dont feel like you have to. Its entirely up to you, Paper Shadow
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 am

So I thought about it, and I'm interested in joining, but I have little idea what everyone else is doing, both character-wise and build-wise. Could you update the first post with urls to the character sheets?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Reposting my sheet in case it was missed

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QlSxfK6-vEcPY-uavVhTNSYKblKgaRV6a0aVQI3MMSA/edit

Hotshot the retired cop

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next