Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files Empty The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:04 am

First off, here's the setting intro for those who may have missed it and those just joining us.

I present to you, the city of - NEW ORREIGNS!

Spoiler:

New Orreigns is a port city in the southern reaches of Equestria. Located at the base of the Mustangippi River (which empties into the Gulf of Maneco), the city has slowly sunk further and further down into a bowl-shaped valley over the course of generations, due in no small part to the swamplands the city was founded on. The city itself actually lies below sea level, and this is why it’s surrounded on all sides by a levy system that protects the inhabitants from flooding (most of the time). New Orreigns is also surrounded by swampland, an area known as the Surefire Swamps, and these swamps are a popular tourist attraction, boasting beautiful scenery and a diverse bayou ecosystem outside the city limits. New Orreigns boasts a surprisingly large Zebra population, and the city itself is a popular tourist attraction for the centuries of culture it represents – bridging the gap between Pony and Zebra kind with shared history of food, architecture, and celebrations. Speaking of which, the city is legendary for its wild Maredi Gras parties and it’s delicious food (from oat-wheat jambalaya to hayseed gumbo to queen cake), which is exported all across Equestria.

Strangely enough, for a city that deals with so much Zebra traffic, the pony population often seems very distrustful of Zebra kind, and since the city’s founding, many Zebras have felt more comfortable at the city’s fringes, living in the slums, or even outside the city’s walls in the Surefire Swamps. There are rumors that this latter group of Zebras are “evil enchanters,” and visitors are warned not to cross their paths. But for all this racial tension, the city has come a long way from its original Zebra discriminating tendencies. So much so, that the much-loved current mayor of New Orreigns, Zechariah d’Orreigns, comes from a mixed parentage of Zebra and Earth Pony stock.

As far as the climate goes, New Orreigns and the surrounding area remain relatively warm and humid year-round. The pegasus weather ponies only ever make it snow once in a decade, but they make it rain often. Tropical storms and hurricanes are also not uncommon in the fall months during the Great Sea Serpent Migration (that’s why the city's strong levy system is necessary – along with a well-equipped Pegasus Weather Defense Force). Likewise, the summer months can be nigh-unbearable due to the oppressive heat and humidity. That’s why most ponies try to spend the longest days of summer in-doors (with air-conditioning).

Our quest begins in early spring, one month away from the most anticipated event of the year, the Festival of Maredi Gras. Business is booming, tourism is just starting to pick up after the winter months, and many companies are looking to hire new staff for the season. Colleges throughout the city are also beginning a new spring semester, and all in all, it's a great time to be a young (or old) colt or filly entering the city for the first time.

EDIT: Because you asked for it (and because I've been meaning to do it), as your GM, I hereby declare that the following section will be from here on out designated the...

THE P-FILES SOUND ROOM

Over the next couple days/weeks, I'll be going through the backlogs in my spare time, hunting up all the stray achievements and songs that we've used throughout the campaign so far and compiling them here. From here on out, whenever you unlock another achievement, I'll also be posting it here as well.

Dr Blight's "BUCK BATTLE MUSIC" - I think that this is appropriate.
---DB's battle music for the first fight of the game - that ended really quickly!

FRIEND OF THE BUCK/BUCK'S THEME - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1LQvovjZ8
---Awarded for befriending Buck Quicksilver and taking his side against the Police Ponies.

DERP-POSSIBLE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eqrn4NFB3M
---Awarded for awesome role-playing of a Derp Crit Fail while attempting to sneak past the Vodun Zebras!

"SAMPLE ZEBRA-LIKE FACE-OFF" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFA-rOls8YA&feature=BFa&list=SP505BA1F19CCEF7C2
---Sample used at the start of the epic rap battle of Equestria: Zimbabwe vs. Whisper/Clue Seeker/Chitin. GO!

Yawnmon's "WHAT?!" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0yQbrY9Pw
---In response to Whisper's rapping.

Yawnmon's "EPIC POETS OF EQUESTRIA LINK" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc1oA9bdbM
---Sooo totally would have used this as the sample zebra-like face-off if I'd known it existed at the time!

FIRST NIGHT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40COsFSvUo
---Awarded for getting through the first night in New Orreigns.

Yawnmon's "PANIC POST" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrxH1CuuSA
---Posted upon finding Coffee Mug in a crumpled heap the following morning.

More to come!

Last edited by XandZero2 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 am; edited 4 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The P-Files Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 am

(And now, it begins...)

Theorycraft’s Journal
January 18th, 2012

Diamond Dog sleeping in alley this morning, jewel sack on bloated stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true hooves.

The streets are extended parties and the parties are full of fake friends, and when the presents are finally opened and all the boxes are emptied, there’ll be nothing left – but lies.

The accumulated filth of all their play and ignorance will foam up about their waists and all the horses and ponyticians will look up and shout “save us!”

…and I’ll look down, and whisper “Neigh.”

Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Tartarus, all those liberals, and intellectuals, and smooth talkers… and all of a sudden nopony can think of anything to say.

Beneath me, this awful city, it screams like a nursery full of spoiled foals, and the night reeks of discord and bad consciences…

Tonight, a comedian disappeared in New Orreigns.

Somepony knows why.

Sompony knows…

------------------------------------------------

(Think of that first section as prologue - and also me having a bit of fun. Sweet Celestia, how I love the Watchmen! And now that I've got that out of my system [for the time being at least] here's where you guys come in...)

As our story truly begins, it's a lovely spring morning and you have all bought tickets, boarding a train headed to your final destination – the city of New Orreigns. The train is pretty crowded this time of year, what with Maredi Gras only a month away, many ponies have found reasons to make the trip out to “Equestria’s Fishbowl” - and you are no exceptions. Each of you has their own reasons for going to New Orreigns, be it for business or pleasure, but none of you yet know quite what adventures await when you get there.

When you booked your seats, you’d expected to be sitting in coach – but due to overcrowding issues, you’ve been reassigned to a more spacious compartment car. Basically, this is a room in itself with two rows of cushy seats facing inward. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your outlook), you’ve also been forced to share this compartment with four other ponies.

There’s still plenty of time before the train reaches New Orreigns, and lacking anything better to do for now, perhaps it would be best to get to know your fellow passengers? After all, you’ll be sharing this compartment with them for the majority of the day.

Last edited by XandZero2 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 am

Coffee Mug reached the coach. Empty. It was still time before the train left. He stowed the luggage in the overhead, pulled out the magazine Astronomy. He took a seat and began to read.

5 minutes later the magazine covered his face and you can loud snores coming from underneath it.

OOC: Coffee Mug is a blue unicorn with a black mane and a Coffee Mug In Front Of A Moon cutie-mark.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:05 am

When Whisper found out she had been bumped up to a cushy apartment car, she'd at first thought of giving her spot up to someone else who looked like they needed it more. But, as exhausting as the last few days had been for her, it seemed like she turned out to be one of those the most in need of a little R&R. Perhaps there had been a passenger or two she'd spotted who might have needed it more but, she'd been rushed along rather quickly and she hadn't wanted to make a fuss and slow things down for everyone and she was sure, even if he was being a bit rude, the pony who had showed her to the car had a lot to do and she didn't want to cause him trouble.

When she arrived, she saw a unicorn fast asleep with a magazine on his face. She walked quickly, but softly, over to him and gently removed the magazine from his face and placed it down on a nearby surface. She left it open to the page it had been on just to make sure he wouldn't lose his place. She looked around for a moment and found one of those flimsy blankets you really need two of to even get a bit warm behind his seat and laid it over him. It would be sad if you caught a cold right before you were expected to be staying up all night partying even if that wasn't really your thing. She sighed, lost in her thoughts. Satisfied with the completion of her minor self-appointed task of the moment, she trotted over to one of the seats next to a window and laid down on it, preparing to watch the scenery go by once the train got on it's way.

((Edit: Oh right, as a reminder/for those too lazy to check the sign up thread, Whisper looks like this:
Spoiler:
Edit 2: Why is she wearing a pin-stripe suit (sort of thing) you ask? Why aren't you, is what I say to that!))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:25 am

A short while later the door opened again and a unicorn mare with a rust red coat, orange mane, and bright green eyes entered, a horseshoe cutie-mark on her flank. Chitin froze for a moment noticing the other passengers before nodding a quiet hello, using the opportunity to discretely look at her hooves and check if her disguise was still in place. Satisfied that she was well hidden, she levitated a book out from her bag before stowing it up in the overhead compartment and made herself comfortable in a seat near the door. Settling in to read as she waits for the train to depart. Occasionally casting glances at the other ponies in the cabin.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 am

Dreamsmoke looked up as the newcomer entered the coach, her eyes widening. That unicorn would be the perfect match for the white pony sitting across from her! She could see it now; the red one would take her mate gently into her hooves, green eyes glistening with love so passionate it would make Cadance herself shed a tear of joy, and the white mare would look up and smile as her own heart melted....

Dreamsmoke sighed happily.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 pm

'This trip is getting better and better.'

Clue Seeker hummed silently to himself. Anything that could make his trip more pleasant, he would happily accept. After all, sharing a cabin with some other ponies is more preferable than trying to squeeze your way through an overcrowded train. He placed his leather suitcase on the floor and slid the door open. Inside, sitting on the seats, he saw 4 ponies trying their best not to talk to each other.

One was a blue unicorn with a black mane who succeeded remarkably in this feat, on account of being vast asleep underneath his blanket.
The second pony, a grey and white earth mare, turned her head to see who had entered the cabin but just as quickly turned her head back to continue watching the scenery pass by.
The third pony, sitting the closest to the door, glanced up to take a look at Clue Seeker. She had a rust red coat and an orange mane and seemed to be the most interested in the other ponies. Or at least the one who kept glancing at the others with regular intervals.
But the most peculiar one was the fourth pony, a second grey and white earth mare, who, unlike the other, seemed to be entirely lost in her own thoughts, to the point of not even noticing Clue Seeker standing in the doorway.

"Good day, ladies and gent. Mind if I join you on this trip?"

And without waiting for an answer, Clue Seeker walked in and swung his suitcase in the overhead compartment. He then took a seat next to the red rush unicorn mare, for there he had the best view over the entire cabin.

"Always a pleasure to meet now ponies. So what's taking you lot to New Orreighs this time of year?"

Here's a pic of Clue Seeker for reference.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Demonu on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Coffee Mug tossed slightly in his sleep. "Yes, the stars are right, and the planets are sammwiches...snxxxx"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Chitin fidgeted a little in her seat. One of the ponies in the cabin had been paying an usual sort of attention to herself and the other mare by the window. A small voice in the back of her mind panicking that her disguise had been seen through, a worry honed by several missions that were blown and ended with her squad being chased out of town by fire and pitchforks whenever such a thing occurred.

Her attention was taken from that however as the door opened and in stepped a brown earth pony with a red mane who greeted the cabin before putting away his luggage and taking a seat next to her. "Hello." she said, nodding slightly to accompany her greeting. She was silent for a few moments after the pony spoke, considering how best to answer. "For my part, I'm looking for work." She said, after thinking it over. She glanced over at the sleeping pony, trying to make sense of his mutterings but gave up quickly enough before turning back to the new arrival. "And you?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Clue Seeker sat down next to the red rust unicorn mare. She seemed friendly enough, giving him a polite hello and a nod before telling him that she was on her way to New Orreigns to look for work. She then inquired as to why he was on the train. Clue seeker spoke up with a friendly voice:

"You're looking for work? Sound exciting." Clue Seeker closed his eyes for a bit before continuing. "I'm..."

"Yes, the stars are right, and the planets are sammwiches... zzz..."

Clue Seeker turned his head to see who interrupted him. As he noticed, the blue unicorn in the other corner of the cabin appeared to have the habit of talking in his sleep.

"As I was saying, I'm on my way to New Orreigns for some r&r and to meet up with an old friend." Clue Seeker smiled as the memory of his friend drifted into his mind. He then turned his head to address the other ponies in the cabin, sans the sleeping unicorn obviously.

"And if you don't mind me asking, what brings the rest of you to this little cabin of ours?"

But before anypony could answer, he put his hoof to his face with a sigh and a small smile. "Oh, how terribly rude of me to ask you that while I haven't even introduced myself yet."
Clue Seeker cleared his troat. "My name is Clue Seeker. Charmed."
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:00 pm

"Oh." responded Whisper, slightly startled. "Um...I'm visiting home." she answered, almost inaudibly. She wondered why that other pony was looking at her like that. It was a bit strange to say the least.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 pm

"zzz...Oh Luna, you saucy mare..."

Spoiler:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 pm

WHO WAS THIS INTERLOPER?!

Realizing that Clue Seeker was shoving himself between the two fillys fate selected, Dreamsmoke Glitter stood and rapidly formed a plan of action. "My name's Dreamsmoke Glitter, I'm a student at the local university. You want me to take you on a tour, handsome?" She nuzzled Clue Seeker, making it VERY CLEAR he was claimed and, incidentally, opening the pathway between Whisper and Chitin. BECAUSE THAT WAS HOW SHE ROLLED.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Clue Seeker gets all the ladies Cool

Not being accustomed to being nuzzled by random strangers he just met on the train, Clue Seeker was almost overwhelmed by the grey and white earth mare but managed to drive her off, back into her seat before regaining his composure.

"Please don't jump me like that." He said as he sat upright again. "Going home to family? Must be nice."

Clue Seeker then turned his head to address his past assailant, who seemed to be focusing all her attention on him, bar the aside glances at the grey and white mare and the rust red unicorn.
"You know, normally ponies don't jump and nuzzle a random stranger out of nowhere. So I would appreciate it if you could refrain from doing so please."

He could go on about formal train etiquette, common courtesy and the rudeness of invading ponies' personal bubble without proper introduction and conversation starter but she seemed to be calmed down at the moment.

"So, Dreamsmoke Glitter was it?" Clue Seeker asked, more to confirm it for himself rather than expecting an answer. "And a tour of the university? Well, I was planning on asking my friend for that but perhaps I'll get to see or hear more if a local showed me around." A small smile appeared on his lips. "Careful now, I might take you up on your offer if..."

"zzz...Oh Luna, you saucy mare..."

The abrupt sounding of that being muttered interrupted Clue Seeker from continuing his sentence.
"Okay... Do you think we should wake him up?"

Clue Seeker pulled out a watch from his jacket pocket. "Because according to my watch, we should arrive in New Orreigns any time now."
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Chitin was silent watching the group begin to introduce themselves one by one. "My name is..." she stopped mid-sentence hearing the sleeping pony mumble something else, this time something that made some form of sense. "Dawn Trek..." she finished, officially dubbing her disguise, at least for the moment. "A pleasure I'm sure."

A small, mischievous smile began to form on her face at the mention of waking up the sleeping passenger. "May I try?" *her horn lit up lightly with magic as the magazine resting nearby lifted into the air and rolled up tightly. It swung experimentally in the air, engulfed in her magic, before drawing back once more and quickly slapping into the wall just by the sleeping pony's head with a very loud smack.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Wah!. Coffee Mug jerked backward. He looked around at the various ponies surrounding him.

"When did you all get here?"

He raised his left hoof and look at his watch. "Are we there yet? New Orreigns, I mean.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Whisper flinched at the noise. "No, we just left actually. Sorry. I don't know why she did that. Soooooo rude." Whisper normally wouldn't audibly pass judgement on ponies she just met but, she felt safe doing so since she could just claim they misheard her.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Chitin hid her face behind her book and giggled to herself, levitating the magazine back down to rest beside the formerly sleeping pony. "Sorry, you talk in your sleep. I figured you might rather wake up than unknowingly regale us with the saucy adventures of Luna." After a few moments she sighed and adjusted the book in her front hooves, regaining her composure. "Sincerely, sorry. I suppose I should've chosen a gentler way of waking you."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

"What was that, dear?" Clue Seeker asked upon barely hearing the mare near the window speak up. "We only just left the station?"

Clue Seeker raised his hoof to take a closer look at his watch. "Huh, it appears my watch has stopped ticking. Fancy that."

He grabbed the antique looking piece with both hooves and started to rewind it.

"Well," he said as he looked up from his watch, "it appears we still have some time left before we reach our destination."

He placed the watch back into his pocket.
"Now, I don't think we've been properly introduced yet." Clue Seeker said to the blue unicorn who had just been woken up rather unorthodox. "My name is Clue Seeker, the rust red mare next to me is named Dawn Trek and the excited mare across is Dreamsmoke Glitter."

He extended a hoof towards the grey and white mare near the window. "And this is..." Clue Seeker paused as he tried to remember the name. "Actually, I don't think I catched your name yet."

He then turned back to the blue unicorn. "And who might you be?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 pm

"Sorry, you talk in your sleep. I figured you might rather wake up than unknowingly regale us with the saucy adventures of Luna."

"Right. That was embarrassing.

He then turned back to the blue unicorn. "And who might you be?"

Coffee mug telekinetically lowered a thermos from overhead. Sorry, I need a bit to fully wake up, He poured himself a cup and took a sip. I'am, somewhat predictably, Coffee Mug

I took a position at the University of New Orreigns teaching Astronomy.

Last edited by Cardbo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 pm

She hadn't given her name? How rude of her. Oh dear. She hoped they didn't think it was on purpose. "Hello, my name is Whisper."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:18 pm

By the time Whisper had found the courage to introduce herself, the train had already traveled a few hours into it's journey. Out the cabin window however, the sun was still high in the sky, and there were many hours to go before the train reached New Orreigns.

Before anypony could acknowledge Whisper's words, they were interrupted as the door to their cabin slid open. A cute, smiling mare attendant looked in and nodded. "Good afternoon everypony! I hope you're all enjoying the ride. Can I interest you in anything?" She rolled a dolly of goods halfway into the room and took a deep breath, "I've goooot - snacks, beverages, adult beverages, magazines, tourism brochures, maps, copies of the New Orreigns' newspaper - The Times Picapony..." She rattled off half a dozen other choices, then inhaled another deep breath and exhaled, "Pretty much anything you'd like," her smile brightened, "that is, if you'd like it."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Damn, Ramsus. I get your character is shy to a fault but there's being shy and then there's forcing people to strain their eyes trying to make out what you typed.

Clue Seeker's ears perked up at the sound of their cabin door sliding open. In the doorway stood a smiling mare attendant, who quickly began rattling off what kind of merchandise she had for whoever was interested.

"I'll have a map of New Orreigns and today's newspaper please."

After handing the mare the appropriate amount of bits, Clue Seeker tucked the map into one of his pocket and procured a pipe from another.

"Does anypony mind I lit my pipe while reading the paper?" He asked out of courtesy towards his fellow travellers.

So what kind of articles or headlines can I find in this newspaper?

And do you share a map of New Orreigns with those who have one or is that to be filled in when it comes up? I'm merely asking as to prepare things (hehe) but you don't have to draw out an entire city plan if you don't feel like it.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 pm

"I'll a Times PicaPony and a coffee, extra cream and sugar." Looking at the cup of coffee already in his possession. "What? You can never have too much coffee."

Coffee Mug handed a some bits to the pony attendant and sat down with his paper and other cup of coffee. He took another sip and started to read.

OOC:Whats in the paper?

"Does anypony mind I lit my pipe while reading the paper?" He asked out of courtesy towards his fellow travellers.

Coffee Mug opened the window a bit. "Nope. Go ahead."

Last edited by Cardbo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 pm

((Nooooo the PH got to do something before 5 pages!
Edit: Haha, sorry. You were trying to read the type in tiny form? I just assumed people would do like I do and just copy paste it so they could read it normally.))

"Oh. I could use a map as well, just in case. Oh and I am kind of hungry and thirsty. I'll take....these" she pointed at a sammich (*grins*) and then a can root beer, "as well. Thank you." she finished with a friendly smile.

She looked over at Coffee Mug. "I should probably catch up on the news, can I borrow that when you're done Mr Mug?" she asked, shy of requesting favor of a pony she had just met.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next