Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 21 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am

Yawnmon wrote:((Perception: 17 (roll) + 8 (Perception) = 25))

((^No idea what that perception check was for, but if you were trying to perceive more information on the posters, Blade Blocker can make out a letter or two here and there on some of the strips of poster remaining, and they seem like they could potentially spell out the word MISSING.))

Later on Spyro Street...

As Clue Seeker, Blade Blocker, and Coffee Mug take the detour around Equinade, you all find yourselves neck-deep in traffic. Spyro Street is a two lane road with a small sidewalk and not much else for open space. It's obvious it wasn't made with this much traffic, and the street's already become clogged up, the traffic on the street reaching a standstill - while the traffic on the sidewalk isn't much better.

You realize you're cutting back through Vieux Mare' and more residential areas, so there are lawns and side-streets that you could potentially use - if it weren't for the local residents yelling at you to keep off their grass and the fear that if you turned down another side-street, you'd be going off the grid again (the map grid, that is), and there's no telling where you'd end up then.

So you imagine it best to keep moving forward, fighting your way through the hoof-traffic, and moving at a snail's pace...

After about 30 minutes struggling through Spyro Street - the traffic still doesn't get any better - but you do make a switch over to another street by the name of Bonnabell, and after another 30 minutes of struggling through Bonnabell, you finally make it back out of the proverbial Tartarus that is early afternoon traffic, and find yourselves on BonBon Street at three o'clock.

At this point you're all getting pretty hungry - you haven't eaten since roughly 11pm last night.

((Make an Endurance Check to fight off hunger pangs))

It might be a good idea to grab something to eat before you continue on to the University. Then again - if you do get something to eat, it'll be that much later when you finally get to your destination...

Looking around BonBon Street, you see the same three restaurants Whisper and Chitin saw hours earlier - The Cafe Pone', The Attack the Day Cafe', and The Horse of Blues. There are probably other places to eat if you keep heading further uptown though, and that's where your destination lies in any case...

Decisions, decisions...

What will you do?

((Preferably I'd like you to not choose the Horse of Blues [since the Pegasisters are already there], but if you want to you can. You'll be arriving after Whisper and Chitin would have already left for Big Mike's))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:03 am

OOC:Endurance Check
1d20+11
12+11 = 23
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:40 pm

"I'm not the best with celebrities to be honest..." Chitin said as she set her larger bag down by her chair, keeping the smaller on her back as she took a seat. "What do you think they serve here? ...more seafood?" She asked trying to get a feel of the place. She was quiet for a moment looking around before focusing on the stage while they waited.
((10(roll)+11(perception)=21 to just generally look around for anything that might stand out.))
((12(roll)+8(streetsmarts)=20 to ask a waiter or waitress about who Z-rock is?))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Going by the map and that description, it's now 3 o'clock? Damn, how slow are we?

Clue Seeker ignored the rumbling in his stomach. He was used to going long days without eating and if he wanted to get anything done this day, he better made his way over to the University. Lunch could wait.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

((Endurance = 10 (roll) + 15 (stat) = 25))

"Let's keep moving,"
Blade says feeling the hunger coming on, "It looks like it's gonna rain soon. We need to get to the university before it starts coming down." He didn't mind the rain very much himself, sometimes it even felt pretty nice, but he knew it would make traveling a pain, especially with Coffee's injuries.

((Wish I could just carry you guys there. Blade probably has the strength to carry you guys, but trying to carry you both would with two hooves might make flying awkward, and it'd probably hurt Coffee in his current state))

Last edited by Yawnmon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

"If its going to rain that means the bandages are going to get wet. What a pain"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 am

Ramsus wrote:"Huh, does he look familiar to you?" Whisper asks Dawn as she acquires a table just as a waitress finished busing it and then picks up the menu to have a look at what there is to offer. She also takes a gander at one of those little sheets of paper that would say who else is playing tonight or other nights this week and finds herself looking for acts that involve birds and other wildlife for some reason she can't quite put a hoof on.

Looking over the menu, Whisper reads the following...

THE HORSE OF BLUES

Appetizers
Red Bean Gumbo
Cup $4/Bowl $6

Pan Seared Voodoo Oats $12
With fresh in house baked cornbread

Clawjun Pizza $12
Brick Oven roasted pizza, mozzarella cheese, spicy tomato sauce, Italian, Andouille, and Alligator Iris. Spice it up with a dash of Cholula Original or Chili Garlic sauce

Creamy Spinach Dip $10
Served with house made kettle chips

Crispy Cattail Fingers $10
Spicy tartar sauce

Cornflower Cheesecake $11
Savory crawfish cheesecake, remoulade sauce, green onion.

Salads
Add grilled or blackened soy beans or sautéed tofu $4

Field Greens Salad $10
Bleu cheese, spiced pecans

House of Blues Salad $5
Romaine and iceberg lettuce, carrots, diced tomatoes, red onions, croutons

Caesar Side Salad $6
Topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese

Baby Spinach Salad $11
Strawberries, bleu cheese, toasted almonds, honey poppy seed dressing

Entrees
Add Soup or Side Salad $3

Rosemary Ricepatties $17
Mashed potatoes, chef’s section sautéed vegetables

Smoked Sunflower Chop $24
Smoked center cut Sunflower chop, sweet potato gravy, black eyed peas, braised red cabbage.

Snapdragon and Seitan Creole $17
Louisiana Creole over pan seared Seitan patty, while rice, sautéed fresh vegetables

Linguine w/ Lillies $17
Linguine pasta, Lillies, green onions, parmesan cheese, light cream sauce

Creole Seitan Jambalaya $7
Seitan, soy, Andouille Tofu, spicy Tasso Oats, roasted green onions

Burgers
Substitute Sweet Potato Fries $2

The Blues Burger $11
Choice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle

Mushroom Swiss Burger $12
Sautéed mushrooms, onions. Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle

Bleu Cheese Blues Burger $12
Sautéed onions, bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle

Baby’s Breath Blues Burger $13
Housemade grilled Baby’s Breath burger, jalapeno, onions, lettuce, tomatoes

Sandwiches
Substitute Sweet Potato Fries $2

Po-Boy Combo $11
Traditional black bean patty, or combination with spice tartar sauce, bleu cheese slaw

The Elwood Blackened Soybean Sandwich $10
Lettuce, tomato, green chili sour cream

Smoked Pulled Peanut-Butter Sandwich $11
Served with Bleu Cheese slaw

Honey Hay Brie Sandwich
Grilled Hay, Brie cheese, toasted roll, garlic mayonnaise, Vidalia onion, watercress

Desserts

Sinful Triple Layer Chocolate Cake $6
Served with chocolate sauce

Fresh Florida Key Lime Pie $6
Whipped topping, raspberry coulis

BonBon Peach Compote w. Mini Waffle $6
Mini waffle, bonbon peach compote, vanilla ice cream, toasted almonds

Sides
Mashed Potatoes $4
Sautéed Vegetables $4
Hay Fries $4
Sweet Potato Fries $6
Coleslaw $4
Our Famous Rosemary Cornbread $7

((That one was pretty easy to make too! I found a copy of the real House of Blues Menu online!))

Looking over the "Coming Attractions," Whisper's disappointed to see there are no animal acts coming up, but she does notice that "The Black and White Stripes" seem to be playing at the Horse of Blues all this week. She also sees that there are notices for a local comedian, Rubber Nose, performing tomorrow and Friday night, as well as George Thoroughbred, David Bowow, Little Rancherd, and Havoc Entertainment, who'll be performing over the coming weeks.

Dr Blight wrote:"I'm not the best with celebrities to be honest..." Chitin said as she set her larger bag down by her chair, keeping the smaller on her back as she took a seat. "What do you think they serve here? ...more seafood?" She asked trying to get a feel of the place. She was quiet for a moment looking around before focusing on the stage while they waited.

Chitin doesn't notice anything that really stands out, besides the Zebra rock-band anyway... They look like quite a colorful cast of characters, and the lead one with the pink mohawk especially seems extra impressive. Chitin notices that he's wearing a headset that's also connected to his black and white amp - and the amp is generating smoke as well as sound.

-All part of the act, you assume.

((BTW - Here's a better PMV of their song...))

Spoiler:

Chitin flags down a blue Pegasus waitress with a dark blue mane zipping down from the balcony. The waitress hovers next to your table, smiles and nods, "Sup? Welcome to the Horse of Blues. What can I get you guys?"

When Chitin asks about Z-Rock and his band, the waitress crosses her arms, sighs, and tosses her head. "Oh. Him. He ain't nothin' special. Can't even believe we let his kind perform here. But if ya really wanna know, I hear he's on tour... s'posed ta be from Manehattan or somethin'..."

The waitress spins a hoof in the air - the universal sign for, Whoopty-buckin'-do.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:31 am

((Burgers? Really? Well, now I have to order one just so you'll tell me if they're really meat.
Also, reading that menu made me incredibly hungry.
Also, there was a typo somewhere in there but...I forgot where.))

Whisper comments, "Well, seems fun at least. Ah, right, ma' order. Um....I think ah'll 'ave.... a Bleu Blue Burger an' a caesar, please."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Chitin nodded slightly deciding not to press it further since the waitress seemed to have a distinctly poor opinion of Z-Rock and it's generally a poor idea to upset the ponies handling your food. She blinked hearing Whisper order and quickly gave her own menu a look through. Her eyes went wide for a moment noticing something before gulping and trying to regain her composure somewhat. "Oh um...I'll have one of those too, with cheese and the side of fries. and uh...also... one of those 'Sinful Triple Layer Chocolate Cake's" She looked off to the side a little as she finished her order chuckling somewhat awkwardly.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 am

((BTW - The prices should be all in bits for the menu, but I suppose you guys already assumed as much))

The Pegasus waitress produces a pen and notepad, scribbling down your orders, "Two Bleu Blues Burgers... a-huh... one Caesar... gotcha... one Triple-decker Sin... that's some good stuff... an' an order a hay fries..." She nods briskly and looks up, "-Got it. Anythin' else I can get you girls?" Then she smiles, "By the way, name's Blue Blazes. Guess I'll be your waitress this'afternoon. -Oh, an' what would you two like ta drink? We got every flavor a' Cida' under the sun, along with root beer, soda, coffee, water - 2 bits a pop - an' we got the strong stuff if you're interested." Blue leans in and winks, "But I wouldn't recommend it this early in the day. It'll cost ya extra in any case..."

Back on stage, the Black and White Stripes finish their latest song to another round of cheers and applause from the ponies on the dance floor. The song was so good, you feel compelled to cheer yourselves (Chitin and Whisper gain a +1 morale bonus from Z-Rock's greatness).

The band takes a bow and Z-Rock springs back up with another smile on his face. His body glistens with sweat as he talks into his headset, sweeping his gaze out across the crowd, "You're a wonderful audience, I must say. IT'S TRULY AN HONOR TO BE HERE TODAY!" The crowd lets out another cheer, and Z-Rock nods, seeming to soak in the energy. He waits for the crowd to quiet down before continuing, "This is our home city, you should know - and there's no other place we'd rather go. Zeb? Zee? Would you agree?"

Z-Rock glances at his two companions and they both nod their heads, each doing a quick solo with their instruments - to even more cheers from the crowd.

"I'd thought so," Z-Rock raises both his hooves in a stylish shrug, "Wouldn't ya know?" The crowd explodes again as Z-Rock takes hold of his guitar, " -Alright, my little ponies, we ain't no phonies. Let's show the whole world how we rock with the bronies!"

As the band starts breaking into another song...

Spoiler:

...Z-Rock flips a switch on his guitar and his black and white amp slides open, more speakers folding out of the top and sides. Even more smoke starts billowing out of the amp now, covering the stage and sweeping out onto the dance floor - and as Z-Rock begins to sing, the amp starts sparking...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Two and a half hours later...

As the guys marched (or flew) on down the street, Blade Blocker and Coffee Mug pushed their hunger pains to the back of their minds and kept moving - but Clue Seeker's stomach felt like it was about to shrivel up and die. Every few minutes it would rumble again, and Clue would have to hold his breath and wait for the pain to pass (I rolled Clue's Endurance check, and he got a mighty 13 - so CS currently has a -2 hunger penalty to all checks until he gets something in his stomach).

Still your group presses on, making their way past multiple shops, stores, and restaurants that all smell so wonderfully of food...

-But you stay (relatively) strong, continuing down BonBon street, all while the sky grows darker and other ponies begin clearing the street.

40 minutes later, as you near a side-street marked St. Bernard, you're some of the only ponies still out on BonBon. The sky has grown even more ominous, but you also know your getting pretty close to your destination. Judging from your map, Neigheart is only a block or two further down, and from there you can hit the museum, and beyond that - the university!

Just as this lovely thought occurs to you though, you catch sight of two very well-dressed ponies, a stallion and a mare, coming from St. Bernard. They trot at a brisk pace (probably trying to escape the rain, you imagine), and as both your parties near the corner of Bernard and BonBon, the new-comers slow down and come alongside you.

Now that you get a good look at the pair, the first thing that strikes all of you is the mare - she's gorgeous (in a breathtaking; heart-pounding; show-stoppin'; smokin' hot; burn you up at a touch; stop dead in your tracks, keel over, and die happy; am I in heaven? 'Cause I think I just saw a celestial - kind of way). She's nothing but long legs, smooth curves, and silky black coat, dressed in a white pin-striped vest, cape, and silver jewelry, sporting a gently flowing, majestic mane and tail the color of crimson.

-Oh yeah, and she's a unicorn...

"Greetings friends!" the stallion nods companionably, grinning as he addresses the lot of you, your combined herd traveling down the street at a good clip.

-Now, if you take the time to unglue your eyes from the jaw-dropping beauty of the mare, you notice that her companion is quite the remarkable-looking character too... A red stallion, but with black stripes like a zebra? He sports a mohawk like a traditional zebra too, but his mane is a kind of dark gray - not due to age you take it, but natural coloring - this pony looks too well-built and rugged to be much older than you yourselves. You're really not sure what to make of him, but he also sports a short goatee, and wears a monocle, along with a white pin-striped vest, cape, and cuff-links that match the mare's ensemble.

"Mind if I ask why you haven't ducked indoors by now?" the stallion continues as you pass more shops on either side of the street, "It looks like it might rain, you know."

Just as he says this, you feel the first drops of rain on your heads, and up above, you hear a roar of thunder as lightning splits the sky.

The mare sighs, "Somehow, I think they already know that Mr. D'Orreigns."

"Oh yeah?" Mr. D'Orreigns glances back at his companion, "Ya really think so?" -There is no hint of sarcasm in his voice. "And how many times do I have to tell you, BB? Call me Zeek!"

"Yes sir, Mr. D'Orreigns, sir." The mare's smiling as she says it.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:41 am

XandZero2 wrote:
"Mind if I ask why you haven't ducked indoors by now?" the stallion continues as you pass more shops on either side of the street, "It looks like it might rain, you know."

"Promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep."

As the rain starts falling, Coffee looks up and sighs.

"And how about yourselves? I'm sure there's a reason better for you to stay outside and be wetter."

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 am

XandZero2 wrote:-Now, if you take the time to unglue your eyes from the jaw-dropping beauty of the mare, you notice that her companion is quite the remarkable-looking character too...
Blade (who was previously just trotting along with the rest of the group on the ground) just stares at her for a bit before smacking himself in the face, trying to regain focus. He returns to watching the road (and averting her eyes from the mare as to not get lost in a trance again) and comments, "We're almost at are destination actually. The university is around here right?"

(I think he's only half-zebra cardbo Razz)

Last edited by Yawnmon on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:25 am

Cardbo wrote:"Promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep."

As the rain starts falling, Coffee looks up and sighs.

"And how about yourselves? I'm sure there's a reason better for you to stay outside and be wetter."

As he says this, Coffee feels a searing pain in his chest as his galloping jostles his broken ribs.

"Ah yes," D'Orreigns gives you a winning smile as you speed up down the sidewalk (and Coffee feels even more pain), "Robuck Frost I believe! I take it you're a learned pony then? Heading off to the university? Makes sense - though I'm a bit puzzled by the mummy outfit... A little early for Maredi Gras, wouldn't you say?"

"Sir," the mare cuts in, galloping alongside Blade Blocker, "you know he asked you a question, right?"

"Oh," D'Orreigns laughs, "Of course!"

Spoiler:

((^I could not help myself...))

Then, while still maintaining his speed, he cocks his head to one side, "What was it again?"

"He asked -," the mare starts, then shakes her head, "Oh, forget it. Mayor D'Orreigns was talking with the police about a traffic hold-up on Equinade."

"Oh yes," D'Orreigns nods vigorously, "I was, wasn't I?"

"And we were just trying to get back to town hall before the storm caught-"

Another roar of thunder interrupts the conversation, as more lightning splits the sky. Then D'Orreigns laughs again, "Right you are, Ms. Beauty! Right you are! And here we are, trying to outrun the storm! Isn't life just so exhilerating?"

Ms. Beauty rolls her eyes, "I don't know if I'd use that word exactly... Though I've got a few choice ones in mind right about now..."

Right at about this moment, Blade Blocker smacked himself in the face, causing Ms. Beauty to glance at him curiously as he looked away.

"We're almost at our destination actually. The university is around here right?"

"Yes!" D'Orreigns nods again, "Of course!"

"We're heading in the same direction actually," Ms. Beauty chimes in, "The Mayor's Office is right outside the school grounds."

((BTW-

Here's Ms. Beauty:
Spoiler:

And here's D'Orreigns:
Spoiler:

I don't like how Beauty's mane got spliced through her cape, but what can ya do?))

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hours earlier...

After taking Chitin and Whisper's drink orders, Blue Blazes had zipped off, leaving the two of them to enjoy the Black and White Stripe's performance. It was a good show. They played quite a few kicking tunes, and though that amp continued to spark, it seemed to be holding up well enough.

-Before you know it, Blue comes back with Chitin and Whisper's orders.

"Yo!" Blue Blazes nods, fluttering down beside their table, " Here ya go ladies. A Burger an' Caeasar for you..." She slips a huge bleu cheeseburger and a moderate-sized salad before Whisper, "And a Burger, Fries, and a Sinful Threesome for you..." she slips another huge blue cheeseburger, fries, and a slab of cake before Chitin.

Blue Blazes smiles and nods to you both, "Enjoy! Anything else I can help ya with, jus' holler."

As she zips off to another table you both take a moment to examine the food - and everything looks buckin' delicious!

Meanwhile, back on stage the Black and White Stripes are working the crowd up again. Z-Rock mentions something about playing the song that got him famous, and the crowd breaks out in another wave of cheers.

The band starts up again...

Spoiler:

-But just as they're about to kick it into overdrive ((at about 20 seconds in)), smoke erupts from Z-Rock's amp and the band stops playing abruptly - instead coughing and sputtering into their mics.

Z-Rock glances back at his amp, then turns to the audience, "Don't worry folks. No need to be troubled..."

The amp bursts into flames behind Z-Rock.

He grins awkwardly, "Oh - I think the fun has just been doubled..."

Before Z-Rock can say anything more, there's a huge explosion on stage, and the Zebra rock star goes flying (and screaming) across the room - guitar and all. He slams into a table beside you, flips it up and over atop him, and then groans heavily.

"Ouch... Ohhhhhhh my pouch..."

Back on stage, the other band members begin putting out the fire.

((I decided to move things along a bit more, since it looked like Whisper and Chitin didn't know what to do))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 am

((We knew what to do....wait for our order to arrive. Our order of cameo for two! Ok...I think I hurt myself with that one.))

Whisper, having been so hungry she already finished eating before the zebra landed nearby, rushes over to Z-rock and asks, "Are you-" at which point she gives a tiny soft little belch, flushes in embarrassment, and continues, "....ok?" Of course the question was more to be polite as she's already ponyhandling him checking for injuries.

((Pre-emptive Heal roll so if he is injured Xand doesn't have to stop the action just to go "yes, he's injured" and I can respond "well, I heal him, duh". Heal: 12 + 5 for pony care (though I suppose the GM would be within his rights to be totally asinine and say I can't apply it to zebras) + 13 roll = 30. + 10 more to be 40 if he has any broken bones.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:32 am

"Wow... Um, Nice to meet you Mayor," Blade says taking a good look at D'Orreigns for first time. "And you too Ms. Beauty," he adds, looking back at her, prepared for what he's looking at this time... The moment his eyes start to wander against his will he immediate averts his sight again and says, "My name's Blade Blocker. This is Coffee Mug, and this is Clue Seeker," pointing a hoof when appropriate. He considers mentioning that it's not a costume, and that Coffee is seriously hurt, but he remembers where the pair just came from and decides not to tell the government officials about injuries that came from a fight with the police that happened at the exact location they were returning from. Instead he gives Coffee a quick look in the eye and hopes that he's following the same train of thought.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 am

[quote="XandZero2"]
Cardbo wrote:

As he says this, Coffee feels a searing pain in his chest as his galloping jostles his broken ribs.

Coffee winces for a moment.

"Ah yes," D'Orreigns gives you a winning smile as you speed up down the sidewalk (and Coffee feels even more pain), "Robuck Frost I believe! I take it you're a learned pony then? Heading off to the university? Makes sense - though I'm a bit puzzled by the mummy outfit... A little early for Maredi Gras, wouldn't you say?"

"Yes, I studied a little literature back in the day. As for outfit, I thought I'd get a jump start."

"He asked -," the mare starts, then shakes her head, "Oh, forget it. Mayor D'Orreigns was talking with the police about a traffic hold-up on Equinade."

"We saw that earlier on the way here and had to detour around it. What had happened over there?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:05 am

Yawnmon wrote:"Wow... Um, Nice to meet you Mayor," Blade says taking a good look at D'Orreigns for first time. "And you too Ms. Beauty," he adds, looking back at her, prepared for what he's looking at this time... The moment his eyes start to wander against his will he immediate averts his sight again and says, "My name's Blade Blocker. This is Coffee Mug, and this is Clue Seeker," pointing a hoof when appropriate.

"The honor is all mine, I assure you!" D'Orreigns says, glancing back at Blade Blocker and nodding as you continue galloping past rows of shops on either side, "Always a pleasure to meet a new acquaintance! And please, call me Zeek! All my friends do!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well Mr. Blocker," Ms. Beauty smiles, "Same goes for your friends, Mr. Mug and Mr. Seeker." She winces as the rain starts coming down harder, "Where's Airborne's team when you need them? There wasn't a thunderstorm scheduled for today."

"Neigh?" The mayor asks, grinning, clearly enjoying himself.

"Neigh." Ms. Beauty frowns, looking up at the sky, "I should know, I keep the records."

As Coffee asks about Equinade, D'Orreigns picks up again, "Oh! Quite the story, that. Seems the police had a run-in with Theorycraft of all ponies! -Can you believe it!"

"The Mayor's quite a fan..." Ms. Beauty mutters beside Blade Blocker, smirking in spite of herself.

"Of course!" D'Orreigns exclaims, "Who doesn't like a good vigilante?! They've got the masks, and the mystery, and all the cool moves and gadgets! Hm... Ms. Beauty, take a note - I need a grappling gun."

"Yes, Mr. D'Orreigns..." Ms. Beauty replies dutifully - then jumps as another bolt of lightning splits the sky. "Mr. Blocker? You wouldn't be able to do anything about this storm, would you?"

((A not-so-subtle hint for Yawnmon, but you can effect the weather if you're worried about Coffee Mug getting wet you know. Thought I'd call it out since this is the first time I've given you the chance to use the weather-shaping powers.

-And I'm going to hold off on furthering the story for DB and Ramsus until I hear what's happening with Chitin))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 am

XandZero2 wrote:

As Coffee asks about Equinade, D'Orreigns picks up again, "Oh! Quite the story, that. Seems the police had a run-in with Theorycraft of all ponies! -Can you believe it!"

"The Mayor's quite a fan..." Ms. Beauty mutters beside Blade Blocker, smirking in spite of herself.

"Of course!" D'Orreigns exclaims, "Who doesn't like a good vigilante?! They've got the masks, and the mystery, and all the cool moves and gadgets! Hm... Ms. Beauty, take a note - I need a grappling gun."

"I know I could use a grappling gun. Maybe with a costume, I could do a passable imitation of Spidercolt."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 am

Chitin reached over, picking up her burger almost before the plate was even set down. "Thank you!" And with that Chitin proceeded to tear into her meal. Before long, the burger and fries were gone and Chitin pushed the plate away like an afterthought. Pulling the plate containing her piece of cake over closer to her. Picking up her fork Chitin cut into the chocolate separating a smaller piece and spearing it, bringing it up to her mouth. Unlike the rest of the meal, Chitin was being deliberately slow with the cake, savoring the taste. Or she would've, had an explosion from the stage not shocked her into swallowing the piece whole. She turned in her seat and saw smoke from the stage, turning the other way, she saw Whisper leave her seat and check on a zebra. Recognizing him as one of the ones that were on the stage before, she sighed before turning her attention back to her cake. Chitin frowned slightly before quickly devouring the slice and and wiping her mouth of any stray chocolate with a napkin. That done, she hopped down from her chair and walked up next to Whisper, looking over the zebra she was attempting to treat for injuries. "What happened?
((yes most of her response is about a cake. Chitin has a sweet tooth. XD))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:59 am

XandZero2 wrote:((A not-so-subtle hint for Yawnmon, but you can effect the weather if you're worried about Coffee Mug getting wet you know. Thought I'd call it out since this is the first time I've given you the chance to use the weather-shaping powers.))
((I considered doing this a couple posts ago but decided against it because I thought this was part of the weather team's forecast. Now that I know it isn't...)

The very moment Ms. Beauty finishes speaking Blade spreads his wings, jumps into the, air and gets hard at work popping those clouds like balloons.

((Stunts check: 17 (roll) + 13 (stunts) + 5 (FK: Flying) + 5 (FK: Weather Crafting) = 40 unless I can't add freaky knowledge twice in the same check in which case 35))
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 pm

"Just out of curiosity, but the usual weather crafters aren't unionized or on strike, are they?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm

((BTW guys, the burgers were delicious - made with a kind of daffodil, tulip, and bean patty...

-No wait, scratch that.

They were 'made with a green wafer advertised to contain "high-energy plankton," more nutritious and palatable than its predecessors "Red" and "Yellow," but in short supply'...

Spoiler:

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAAA!!!

-Okay, so it was really a flower bean patty - but it was green.

Oh, and the cake was to die for. Soft, moist, and delicious, stuffed with chocolate filling, topped with chocolate shavings, and smothered in icing that had the consistency of cream and an aroma of chocolaty goodness that rocketed you up to cloud nine...

Spoiler:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Yes, in that one moment that Chitin scarfed down the rest of her cake, she felt truly content.))

Ramsus wrote:Whisper, having been so hungry she already finished eating before the zebra landed nearby, rushes over to Z-rock and asks, "Are you-" at which point she gives a tiny soft little belch, flushes in embarrassment, and continues, "....ok?" Of course the question was more to be polite as she's already ponyhandling him checking for injuries.

((Pre-emptive Heal roll so if he is injured Xand doesn't have to stop the action just to go "yes, he's injured" and I can respond "well, I heal him, duh". Heal: 12 + 5 for pony care (though I suppose the GM would be within his rights to be totally asinine and say I can't apply it to zebras) + 13 roll = 30. + 10 more to be 40 if he has any broken bones.))

As Whisper checks over Z-Rock, she doesn't find any broken bones, but he does have a pouch of bits that's bleeding out onto the floor. He must have landed on it, because his midsection's a bit bruised with coin-shaped whelps. The back of his head and shoulders are also a bit bruised where the table landed on top of him, but it's nothing Whisper hasn't seen before. As she applies the last of her ointments and a couple bandages, Z-Rock staggers to his feet and dusts himself off.

"Much obliged, my pony friend - didn't expect that to be how our set would end..." He glances back on stage as he says this, watching his companions beat the flames out of his amp and blast it with an extinguisher. He laughs and shakes his head, then glances at his bandaged mid-section. "Hooh - and you leave no room for debate," Z-Rock turns to Whisper and slides his shades down his snout, smiling with his muzzle and his blue eyes, "you're healing skills are definitely first rate."

After hopping down from her seat and walking up to the Zebra, Chitin asked,

Dr Blight wrote:"What happened?"

Z-Rock shrugged, "Beats me, I didn't see. This doesn't usually happen to be. As far as our performances go, we're usually ready to put on a great show. My Con Cannon's usually up to snuff, but maybe today it just wasn't enough? Been having a rough time ever since we came to town, but I keep thinking our luck's bound to turn aroun'."

Z-Rock pauses, glancing between the two of you for a moment. He chuckles. "Forgive my manners, I don't mean to be rude, it's just not everyday your amp gives you a 'tude. The name's Zero Z-Rock Zevron - Z-Rock to my friends, sorry to interrupt your meal, but maybe shaking hooves will. Make. Amends?"

He offers the two of you a hoof of good will.

((And I like that Chitin's got a sweet tooth. For an insectile creature, it just seems to fit))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Whisper takes the offered hoof and shakes it, "Nice to meet you Z-rock, I certainly understand hoping your luck will turn around, though having your stage blow up must be quite the shock." Whispers give a pause before asking in a worried tone, "We don't have to have a battle now do we?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Yawnmon wrote:The very moment Ms. Beauty finishes speaking Blade spreads his wings, jumps into the, air and gets hard at work popping those clouds like balloons.

((Stunts check: 17 (roll) + 13 (stunts) + 5 (FK: Flying) + 5 (FK: Weather Crafting) = 40 unless I can't add freaky knowledge twice in the same check in which case 35))

((I don't think there's a rule against stacking FKs if they're all relevant to a particular skill test, so I'll allow it here))

As the rain starts to really pound the pavement, Blade Blocker tears through the sky, becoming a red blur in the storm-tossed tempest - bucking clouds, dodging bolts of lightning, and spiraling through the firmament. It takes him no time at all to break the snarl of clouds looming over the party - thus allowing the first rays of light to come shining down - and after ten minutes, he's calmed all the storm clouds within a 100-foot radius.

Blade Blocker hovers in the sky, the sun at his back, his wings spread out behind him ((and right about now, he should be feeling pretty good about himself)).

Back on the ground, everypony's come to a complete halt.

-D'Orreigns pumps a hoof in the air, "YES! YES!"

Spoiler:

((For no reason whatsoever, D'Orreigns has strangely become Bison to me...))

"WOOH!" He starts stomping his hooves on the pavement, "Encore! Encore!"

Meanwhile, Ms. Beauty stares up at Blade Blocker, blinking, her eyes wide. Wow. She mouths silently to herself.

Cardbo wrote:"Just out of curiosity, but the usual weather crafters aren't unionized or on strike, are they?"

Turning from the spectacle, D'Orreigns glances at Ms. Beauty, as if waiting for her to say something (though she doesn't). Then he laughs and shakes his head, "Strike? -Oh no, of course not! Why would they ever be on strike? Weather crafting's just so much fun! And we pay them well too, I assure you. Yes, the PWDF is well taken care of..." D'Orreigns strokes his goatee thoughtfully, "Though... they have been quite busy as of late. Seems we keep getting more and more storms out of the Surefire Swamp..." D'Orreign's grins, "And they just keep getting more and more exciting too! All the lightning, and thunder, and rain - it makes for quite the atmospheric setting, wouldn't you say?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Turning from the spectacle, D'Orreigns glances at Ms. Beauty, as if waiting for her to say something (though she doesn't). Then he laughs and shakes his head, "Strike? -Oh no, of course not! Why would they ever be on strike? Weather crafting's just so much fun! And we pay them well too, I assure you. Yes, the PWDF is well taken care of..." D'Orreigns strokes his goatee thoughtfully, "Though... they have been quite busy as of late. Seems we keep getting more and more storms out of the Surefire Swamp..." D'Orreign's grins, "And they just keep getting more and more exciting too! All the lightning, and thunder, and rain - it makes for quite the atmospheric setting, wouldn't you say?"

"I can't speak for Blade Blocker, but it seems like weather crafting would be a good job for him. Especially, if the current weather crafters are being overworked."

Coffee pauses.

"Has anyone checked out the Surefire Swamp, yet? That can't be normal."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next