The P-Files

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Within the University...

Cardbo wrote:Coffee rubs his head.
"Was that some sort of bizarre hazing ritual. I can't remember the last time I had to go through so much paperwork."

"Hazing ritual?" Ivory Tower shakes his head seriously, "No, no. Of course not. What a ridiculous waste of time that would be... Not surprising, considering you're the one who brought it up."

Taking a deep breath, Ivory holds his head up high. "I'll have you know Professor Mug, that paperwork is vital to the order established and kept at this most prestigious of universities. It was put in place at the college's founding by my great, great, great grandfather - Higher Learning - and insures that nopony works at this facility without getting the proper background checks, double checks, and triple checks first. This is to ensure even further that everypony's credentials meet our high standards and expectations..."

Ivory looks down his nose at you. "However... I suppose that even with the most stringent of checks, a few slackers will slip through the cracks and find themselves teaching a class or two..."

Shaking his head, Ivory glances at his watch - then looks slightly surprised. "Only 8:30? Well, I must say this - for all your lackadaisical nature and incompetent ways Professor Mug, you've finished your paperwork in relatively good time at least... Took less than half an hour. Not like that Professor Ploy. Would you believe? She hasn't even filled her paperwork out yet and she's been teaching here for years now! The gaul of some ponies!"

Ivory begins pacing back and forth, muttering to himself about, "One of these days Ploy... Oh - one of these days... Mark my words..." But then he stops and turns back to you. "Well, I intended to have you meet your fellow professors and continue down the line of mandatory tours and procedures that all professors must go through before they can be fully recognized in our system... But it is still quite late... The rest of the staff are probably off doing Hooves know's what at this hour..." And then he grumbles to himself, "Slackers... All a bunch of slackers... Why must I be surrounded by incompetence?"

Then Ivory clears his throat. "I suppose the rest of your orientation will have to be put on hold until tomorrow - bright and early. Do I make myself clear?"

Before you can respond, Ivory's horn glows again with white energy and a ring of keys materializes before him. "By the way, since you were at least agreeable enough to finish all your paperwork, I decided to take the liberty of summoning these for you." The keys float before Coffee's face, and each key rises on the ring in turn, as if lifted by an invisible hand, while Ivory rattles off, "This key is for the Computer Lab... This key is for the Wash Room... This one's for the Cafeteria... This building... The Faculty Break Room... The Astrology Lab... And this one..."

Ivory pauses on the last key of the ring.

"This one is the key to your office Professor Mug." He motions to one of the doors leading out of the Faculty Break Room. "It's down that way... last door on your right..." Then Ivory's gaze darkens, "But I wouldn't recommend you spend much time there... Your predecessor Night Light made quite the mess of things, and the janitorial staff have yet to find a way to clean it up..."


Last edited by XandZero2 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:22 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
"This one is the key to your office Professor Mug." He motions to one of the doors leading out of the Faculty Break Room. "It's down that way... last door on your right..." Then Ivory's gaze darkens, "But I wouldn't recommend you spend much time there... Your predecessor Night Light made quite the mess of things, and the janitorial staff have yet to find a way to clean it up..."

Coffee raises and eyebrow as he takes the proffered keys in his PK grip.

"In what way. I'd rather avoid any of my predecessor's mistakes if I can."

OOC:Persuasion check.
Roll(1d20)+5:
5,+5
Total:10
Bweh.

EDIT:OOC: Coffee is going to use Telepathy to contact Blade Blocker.

'Hey Blade Blocker. I'm finished with my paperwork. Going to check out the creepy office of my predecessor. Head back to that window and let me know what your doing.'

OOC: Since Blade Blocker isn't line of sight, going to use Arcana to make sure he gets the message.
Roll(1d20)+17:
13,+17
Total:30



Last edited by Cardbo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Going to have Coffee contact Blade Blocker.)
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 am

"Telepathic Audio Receptors....wouldn't that be TAR?" Chitin thought out experimentally before shrugging. "My name is Chitin. I also go by Dawn Trek at times, and Snowy Skies at others. It's been a pleasure already." She admitted with a smile. "Speaking of business transactions. That's part of why I came to town in the first place. I'd heard you were looking for hired help?"
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:12 am

XandZero2 wrote:"Oh. Dude." Airborne makes broad beats of his wings, shaking his head slowly. "You did not just question my ability. Oh, it's on."

Then Airborne folds his arms across his chest. "So, think you can race with the big boys, dude? Alright then, but mane, if we're gonna race... Why don't we make this a bit more radical? Ever heard of a little something we down in the PWDF like to call... Low Flying?" The captain paused for a moment, giving time for his words to sink in. "Well, it's the height of flight racin' 'round here. A true test of skill and stamina. And here's the thing... Anypony can fly in the sky, little mane... But only a real motha' bucka' can race through the city at night."

"Rules are simple. We race to the edge of the city and back -But- And here's the totally rad part, dude... We can't go above the second story of any of the buildings."

Airborne glancing back at his squad, then turns back to you and shrugs. "So what's it gonna be dude? Ya in, or ya out?"
"Hmm, sounds very difficult and possibly quite dangerous. Of course you'll have the advantage seeing how you know the city better and have more experience flying in the dark what with your sunglasses training. You're also apparently the best in the city so only a total idiot would think he stands a chance at beating you at your own game." With his hoof to his chin and his eyes on the city blow, Blade just hovers there for a few moments thinking. After lowering his hoof and shaking his head a bit he says, "Aw, what the heck. I've been called worse things and this sounds way too interesting to pass up. I'm in! Pick a starting line and lets get flying. I promised a friend I'd meet up with them later."
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:44 am

Coffee heads over to the window, opens it and looks outside to see if he can see Blade Blocker.

OOC: Perception.
Roll(1d20)+5:
16,+5
Total:21

He shrugs, grabs a blank paper, and writes the following. "Finished up early. Went to check out office. I'll try to check back here soon."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Ramsus wrote:"I am Whisper. It is.... nice to meet you I suppose. I'm already friends with a Changeling, a Psychic Warrior, and a Griffon run-away Princess, why not an alien too?" Whisper literally mentally broadcasts to everypony in the room, probably beginning to freak them out a little as her "mental voice" sounds not like one voice but, like many different hushed voices that form together to reach audible volume. In some cases the "voices" use different inflections or accents all layered on top of each other.

Mike raises an eyebrow, "Mighty Mike knows that stranger things have happened in the mooooo-viiiiiiiies..." He turns towards Buck. "Where'd you say you found this one again?

Xel Unknown wrote:"Now who here doesn't believe Whisper's "Mike's an alien" claim?" Gleeda asked and raised her right claw...

Buck raised his own right claw and Mike raised his hand - looking somewhat amused as he did so.

Gleeda's thoughts didn't ring out over the loudspeakers however - and that realization probably made the Griffon Princess feel a little relieved.

Dr Blight wrote:"Telepathic Audio Receptors....wouldn't that be TAR?" Chitin thought out experimentally before shrugging. "My name is Chitin. I also go by Dawn Trek at times, and Snowy Skies at others. It's been a pleasure already." She admitted with a smile. "Speaking of business transactions. That's part of why I came to town in the first place. I'd heard you were looking for hired help?"

At this, Mike leans forward, resting one arm of his emerald suit on his golden desk. "OHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!" He roars with excitement, before giving an approving nod. "You heard right Chitin. Mighty Mike is always on the look out for new em-ploy-eeeees, especially as far as the security of his many fine business establishments are concerned. He has shops all up and down New Orreigns - with new ones being built dailly - so the need for security per-son-eeeeel is on-going."

Mike pauses for a moment, and his grin turns to a frown. "Is it right for Mighty Mike to assume you've all heard about the string of rob-ber-ies plaguing the city as of late?"
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 pm

"Ok... So it can tell the difference between Privet and 'sent' thoughts... So that's something..." Gleeda thinks not really sure if it'll get sent or not. And not totally caring if it did. "But still, no clue if it could just be recording our thoughts... For who knows what evil reasons... I BUCKING HATE THIS TYPE OF MAGITECH!!!"
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:09 pm

"Probably not. Gleeda seems pretty clueless. Snowy Chitin Dawn and I have though." Whisper replied, half spoken and half mentally projecting.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Chitin rolled her eyes a little at Whisper's mixing of her names. "I...just try to keep them separate when we leave this building would you Whisper? I have heard about it, though I haven't gotten many details." Chitin nodded, turning back to face Mike. "I noticed all the security on the train too, I'm guessing that you're worried the thieves will target one of your stores?" She asked, shifting her wings slightly.
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:20 pm

"Well... When it comes to security, I'm good with a fight, and got overall good eyes." Gleeda said with a shrug, not wanting to respond to Whisper's comment.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 pm

In the University...

When Coffee asked about Night Light's fate, Ivory Tower had just yawned in reply. "Oh, pardon me," he said, before shaking his head and waving a hoof dismissively, "Does it really matter what happened to your predecessor? As long as you keep your Celestia-given sense, you should be fine..." Ivory yawned again, then looked down at you with a weary look, "At least, as fine as fine can be for one of your caliber..."

With that, Ivory Tower turned towards the exit. "Now, if you don't mind Professor Mug, I've wasted enough of my valuable time today waiting on your sorry excuse for a doctorate of the sciences. Some of us have more important things to do than to babysit foals like yourself you know."

Ivory turned the door knob with his white ponykinetic aura - then paused, turning back to Coffee Mug and glaring through his spectacles, "Don't forget. Bright and early tomorrow morning Professor Mug, bright and early. You will meet me right - here." Ivory stamps his hoof on the floor. "And you've been warned. Be tardy at your own peril..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the University...

After agreeing to Airborne's terms, he leads Blade down to a busy and brightly-lit intersection. Bon Bon and Ponychartrain - Blade reads the street signs as he and the captain stand on a thin line of cloud running the width of the street, a line of cloud that Airborne's squadron had sculpted only moments before, and which hovers no more than 10 feet above the sidewalk.

Up above, the rest of Airborne's squad look on, muttering amongst themselves as their leader flexes his wings and kicks up cloud beside you in his black and gold flight suit.

"Yo dude," Airborne nods to Blade, even as the captain still stares off down a city street lit up with neon and packed with wagon, wing, and hoof traffic, "Rules are simple. We start here, fly to the city walls, then turn 'round and fly back to the starting line. No flying above the second story of any buildings. Everything else is fair game. No holds barred..."

Airborne pauses for a moment then shakes his head. "Gotta hoof it to ya dude," the Captain of the PWDF says, his shades shining in the streetlights as he turns toward Blade, "You're pretty gnarly to take up a challenge like this..." Airborne turns back to face down the street, crouching low and leaning forward, looking ready to dive off the starting line at a moments notice. "But let's see just how gnarly you really are. When the lightning splits the sky - It's time ta race with tha Ace."

((Okay, I want to try some new mechanics for this race. It's going to play out as something like a mixture of Combat and RP, so roll initiative on Blade Yawn, and I'll explain how things'll work from there... Fair warning ahead of time though. This could work out to be really cool or really horrible - but hopefully it'll be the former and not the latter... Fingers crossed people, fingers crossed...))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 pm

XandZero2 wrote:In the University...

When Coffee asked about Night Light's fate, Ivory Tower had just yawned in reply. "Oh, pardon me," he said, before shaking his head and waving a hoof dismissively, "Does it really matter what happened to your predecessor? As long as you keep your Celestia-given sense, you should be fine..." Ivory yawned again, then looked down at you with a weary look, "At least, as fine as fine can be for one of your caliber..."

With that, Ivory Tower turned towards the exit. "Now, if you don't mind Professor Mug, I've wasted enough of my valuable time today waiting on your sorry excuse for a doctorate of the sciences. Some of us have more important things to do than to babysit foals like yourself you know."

Ivory turned the door knob with his white ponykinetic aura - then paused, turning back to Coffee Mug and glaring through his spectacles, "Don't forget. Bright and early tomorrow morning Professor Mug, bright and early. You will meet me right - here." Ivory stamps his hoof on the floor. "And you've been warned. Be tardy at your own peril..."

As Ivory Tower leaves, Coffee finishes up his note. He stuff it in an envelope writes to "To Blade Blocker" on the side, and puts it in the window sill, and closes the window over it. Hopefully, it won't be needed.

He then heads outside and makes a beeline to Night Light's old office. He examines the outside carefully.

OOC:Arcane and Perceptions checks. Anything suspicious on the door physically or arcanely on the door?
Arcane Check
Roll(1d20)+17:
2,+17
Total:19

Perception
Roll(1d20)+5:
7,+5
Total:12

avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Airborne pauses for a moment then shakes his head. "Gotta hoof it to ya dude," the Captain of the PWDF says, his shades shining in the streetlights as he turns toward Blade, "You're pretty gnarly to take up a challenge like this..." Airborne turns back to face down the street, crouching low and leaning forward, looking ready to dive off the starting line at a moments notice. "But let's see just how gnarly you really are. When the lightning splits the sky - It's time ta race with tha Ace."
"Well what's life without a few risks, right? I gotta live while I'm alive." 'And I've been living lavish today,' Blade thinks. "Sounds like I've gotta take this seriously though." Blade quickly slips both of the 10 pound training weights off of his fore-hooves, tosses them to one of Ace's crew and says, "Hold onto those for me will ya?" Then he digs himself into a starting position, not too different from Ace's, and waits for the Lightning.
XandZero2 wrote:((Okay, I want to try some new mechanics for this race. It's going to play out as something like a mixture of Combat and RP, so roll initiative on Blade Yawn, and I'll explain how things'll work from there... Fair warning ahead of time though. This could work out to be really cool or really horrible - but hopefully it'll be the former and not the latter... Fingers crossed people, fingers crossed...))
((Initiative: 10
Hmm, interesting. Well I'm always up for trying something new, especially when it comes to D&D or Pony Tales. Whether it fails or not, this should be more fun than the skill challenge I was expecting. I'm assuming I'll need Combat Talents, and I've only got 4 (well, more like 3 & 1/2) that I can use when I'm by myself so they've picked themselves out for me.))
Spoiler:
[+3] Warning Blow [Draw Blood]
Target creature suffers 1 ongoing damage (save ends)
[+1] Selfless Strike [Invigorating Strike]
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and target ally gains 5 temporary hit points.
[-3] Defender’s Plight [Furious Rage]
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, you 3d12 damage instead.
[-7] Nothing Held Back [Midnight’s Blade]
For the rest of the battle you may reroll all 1s on your d8s, d10s and d12s. Once per turn, you may have one of your attacks deal an extra 6 damage.
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:39 pm

As Blade and Airborne kick up cloud and dig their hooves into the cumulus, Blade senses the air pressure changing as above them, Airborne's squad begins working up a storm cloud.

The wind-speed picks up, the rising gale howling through the street...

Unicorns and Earth Ponies on the sidewalk stop in their tracks, looking up to stare...

Meanwhile, Pegasi flying above the street rush out of the way as they realize what's going down...

Airborne sweeps his wings back and you do the same...

A shadow falls across the street...

You hear the first rumbles of thunder up above...

You both lean forward even further, looking out over the edge of the cloud line, looking out into the city lit up with neon light...

-A bolt of lightning splits the sky, bathing the city in a moment of pure daylit clarity - and you both kick off and dive off the edge of the starting line.

((Alright Yawn, Blade and Airborne both start off with 0 PiPs, but gain 1 each at the beginning of this turn, representing adrenaline in the excitement of the race. Your Adrenaline PiPs can be used to make attacks (though combat will work differently here). They can also be used to boost your racer's speed over the course of the race - I'll get to that as it becomes a factor. The main thing you need know right now is that you need to make a DC 20 Flight check, and you get a +1 bonus to your check because you currently have an Adrenaline PiP total of 1.))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:46 am

At Labyrinth's United...

Chitin wrote:"I noticed all the security on the train... I'm guessing that you're worried the thieves will target one of your stores?"

"Oh yeah," Mighty Mike nodded slowly, "And actually - they already have." The gold-tufted minotaur raised three fingers, "That's how many times they've broken into Mighty Mike's buiz-ness-eeeessss, two times it was one of Big Mike's Novelty Goods Shoppes (Shoppes is pronounced 'Shop-ies') and once it was a Mikey Likey Toy Store - but in all three cases, Mighty Mike's security forces scared them off before an-y-thing could be taken. Unfortunately, none of the thieves could ever be identified or caught, but it's a good thing Mighty Mike's motto is - Better to be safe than chafe - chafe as in sorry, that is. That's one reason Mighty Mike keeps such a large - and may he add, well paaaaid - security task force on hand - to stop these types of incidents before they become a real problem, to his businesses or the businesses of his many valuable cust-o-meeeeeers. Speaking of which, Labyrinth's United started off as a security and insurance company... and it continues to be proud dealers of security and insurance to many businesses in the New Orreigns area to this day."

Mike pauses for a moment, looking back over the tips of his clasped hands at the three of you, his gaze stopping on Chitin.

"By the way, fancy you should bring up Mighty Mike's shipment on the train, for Mighty Mike was planning to mention that. You see - Buck, Mook, and Minion were guarding a very precious cargo... A very precious cargo indeed..." At that, Mighty Mike reaches down behind his desk, then plops something down on top. You realize, possibly with some amount of surprise (but then again, maybe not - considering what you've already been through today), that the object on top of the desk is none other than... a little, stuffed, chibi Baby Dragon doll.

-It's adorable too, in case you were wondering.

Mighty Mike grins, watching your reactions. "What you see here is the latest creation of Mikey Likey Toys - the first in a line of super-cute Dragon Tales stuffed magical critters. Mighty Mike's men were transporting the very first shipment to the grand opening of the newest Mikey Likey Toy Store in New Orreigns. Since the hit on the first toy store, Mighty Mike wasn't taking any chances. If it hadn't been for you and the rest of your friends though, Buck might not have had the plea-suuure of delivering this little guy," Mike nods to the doll, "or his friends to Mighty Mike himself. As he believes he mentioned earlier, Mighty Mike is very grateful for what you've done."
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:09 am

"My Friend Alien, how nice it is of you to give us this lovely present in commemoration of our first contact of the third kind." Whisper mentally projects and said aloud while reaching out for the doll.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Gleeda's mind just melts into only thinking one thing so loud. "SO CUTE MUST HAVE, SO CUTE MUST HAVE, SO CUTE MUST HAVE, SO CUTE MUST HAVE!!!" Her face reflexes these thoughts.... Until she realized that these thoughts were being picked up by the mind reading tech. And then she recollected herself and blushed. "I can see why it was a good idea to have good deal of guards for that... Cuteness..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Out on Bon Bon Street...

Blade and Airborne both burst forward through the crowded city street, jockeying for position as ponies all around watch on in silence. Blade senses that his was a slightly stronger start, but for the moment, both Pegasi are neck and neck...

((For those keeping up at home, Yawnmon rolled a 19 + his bonus of 18 = 37 + the 1 Pip = 38 for Blade's first flight check, and seeing as the first check was only at DC 20, he's doing good.

Yawn, it occurs to me now that I should have asked you last night over Skype if you wanted to make an attack on Airborne. You two are currently side-by-side, so the option's there if you want to take advantage of it. I'll warn you though, taking a cheap shot at your opponent might be considered bad etiquette, even in a street race.

For now I'll assume you don't attack to keep things moving, but if you'd prefer to do so, it's not a problem. I'll alter my post.))

As the race continues, both Blade and Airborne beat their wings faster and faster, picking up speed and momentum as they soar down the street.

((Assuming Blade doesn't wish to attack, a new round starts. Both racers gain another 1 PiP and should make another flight check, this time at DC 25 due to the increase in speed and the progressively greater challenge of keeping control of your flight. Yawn, don't forget that you currently have a +2 adrenaline bonus to your check because you have 2 PiPs on Blade))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:12 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Blade and Airborne both burst forward through the crowded city street, jockeying for position as ponies all around watch on in silence. Blade senses that his was a slightly stronger start, but for the moment, both Pegasi are neck and neck...

As the race continues, both Blade and Airborne beat their wings faster and faster, picking up speed and momentum as they soar down the street.
((Hmm. As useful as those extra Pips I could get from attacking would be, Blade is too nice of a guy to deal the first blow. Regardless of if the rules allow it or not.))

Blade knows he'd just taken off at what was probably his best starting speed and expected to be a bit ahead of Airborne. He's a bit surprised to find out that despite that Airborne didn't seem to be having any trouble keeping up. Keeping his attention focused on the street in front of him, he does his best just to keep his previous momentum going without crashing into anything.

((Flying: 8 (roll) + 18 (total bonuses) + 2 (pips) = 28))
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:17 am

Sensing nothing out of the ordinary, Coffee enters the office of the pony he's replacing.

OOC:What Coffee seeing? Room full of crazy? Blood-splattered walls? Papers scattered all over the floor?
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:22 am

"How much for one?" Chitin asked without hesitation upon seeing the doll before blinking a few times and shaking her head. "I mean... So the thieves have been stealing toys?"
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:55 am

Cardbo wrote:OOC:What Coffee seeing? Room full of crazy? Blood-splattered walls? Papers scattered all over the floor?

((Mwwwahahahahahhahhhaaa!!!!))

Silence fills the hallway deep in the Department of Astrology as Coffee takes hold of the door to the office that's soon to be his, turns the knob, and pushes...

The door creaks open, a shaft of light from the hall pouring into a dark room of bare, wooden floorboards.

Coffee takes a step inside, the floorboards creaking beneath his hooves, and as he tries to make out anything lurking in the shadows beyond the edge of the hall light, a cold chill runs down his spine. He can't explain it, but something about the very room itself puts him on edge.

He fumbles around with his ponykinesis in the dark until he senses a light switch.

Flipping the switch, he watches as the overhead lamps spark, then flash to life above him.

The room is awash with light, and finally, Coffee Mug can get a good look at his surroundings...

Stray sheets of paper and crumpled up garbage lie strewn about the edges of the room... A bookcase stand in one corner, old tomes filling the shelves... A desk stands across from it, stacked with more tomes, binders, and notebooks... A window at the far side of the room looks out upon the university quadrangle, the stars, and the night sky... The walls of the room are green... And... carved all along those walls and even the ceiling... are hundreds - if not thousands - of words, characters, and symbols... carved upon each other, running into themselves, blurring together in one horrible amalgamation of insane ramblings and nightmare runes, all painted in a sickly shade of yellow that seems to almost glow in the overhead lamplight.

You get the feeling something very, very strange went on in this room... but you have to ask yourself - just what the buck happened?

((It's late guys, so I'll update the rest of the group as I find time tomorrow))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Coffee wrinkles his nose. "Pony must've run out of paper."

/puts on Sunglasses

"YEAHHHHHH!!!!


OOC: Arcane check. Any sources of suspicious arcane activity in the room?
Roll(1d20)+17:
15,+17
Total:32

OOC: Healing What are chemical or biological sources(poisons, toxins that can induce madness?
Roll(1d20)+9:
18,+9
Total:27

Coffee shivers for a moment and then gets to work. Coffee checks around Night Light's former desk, carefully trying not to touch anything. He specifically looking for chemical residues, but also anything else that looks suspicious. If he needs to move anything aside, he's going to use his PK.

OOC:Perception check. Feel free to use a magic point on this one if would reveal something in addition to what he'd otherwise find.
Roll(1d20)+5:
9,+5
Total:14
Bleh.

avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:29 am

As Blade and Airborne zip down Bon Bon, picking up speed as they pass City Hall on the right and Labyrinth's United on the left, Airborne slowly but surely starts to pull ahead. He grins, yelling over the roar of the wind whistling in your ears, "THAT ALL YA GOT?! WEAK, DUDE! WEAK!"

Up ahead, the traffic seems to be growing more congested - hapless pegasi choking the air while wagons own the road - but Airborne doesn't seem anywhere near to slowing down, instead speeding up even more as the two of you race on down the street.

((Unless BB wants to initiate combat, the race continues on into the next round. Blade and Airborne are still tied for now, so you both gain +1 Adrenaline PiP. You need to make another Flight check, at DC 30 this time, but remember Blade has a +3 bonus to his check now that he's got 3 Adrenaline.

I'll update Labyrinth's United next.))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 am

Ramsus wrote:"My Friend Alien, how nice it is of you to give us this lovely present in commemoration of our first contact of the third kind." Whisper mentally projects and said aloud while reaching out for the doll.

Grinning, Mighty Mike tossed it to her. "Keep it in good health. Least Mighty Mike can do as thanks for backing up his associates."

Xel Unknown wrote:Gleeda's mind just melts into only thinking one thing so loud. "SO CUTE MUST HAVE, SO CUTE MUST HAVE, SO CUTE MUST HAVE, SO CUTE MUST HAVE!!!" Her face reflexes these thoughts.... Until she realized that these thoughts were being picked up by the mind reading tech. And then she recollected herself and blushed. "I can see why it was a good idea to have good deal of guards for that... Cuteness..."

Mike nodded, "It's actually enchanted to be supernaturally cute - and magic doesn't come cheap."

Dr Blight wrote:"How much for one?" Chitin asked without hesitation upon seeing the doll before blinking a few times and shaking her head. "I mean... So the thieves have been stealing toys?"

"Well, it sure as buckin' Tartarus seems that way..." Buck grumbled.

"CO-RREC-TION!" Mighty Mike shook his massive, horned head - loud, but not obnoxiously so, and he doesn't seem angry either as he adds, "They have been try-iiiing to steal toys - at least from Mighty Mike." He shrugs. "Don't know for sure if that's the case with all the rob-ber-riiiiiiies, but Mighty Mike's more worried about keeping his own businesses secure than worrying about the businesses of his com-pe-ti-tors. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

"Then again..." Big Mike rubs his chin thoughtfully, "Mighty Mike's Novelty Shoppes don't sell toys... Hm... Wonder what he could want with them..."

There's a long pause, broken only when Mighty Mike adds, "Oh, and they're 49.99 retail." He nods to the doll in Whisper's hooves, "But that one's free of charge."
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum