EARTH PONY TALENTS!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: EARTH PONY TALENTS!!!!!

Post  Zarhon on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Zarhon wrote:The Applejack Maneuver - 2 / Day (For interrupting), At will (Other)
You force your hoof into someponys mouth, immediately interrupting any type of persuasion check against you and preventing any such checks from the target for 5 minutes. This also prevents them from talking as long as you have your hoof stuck in their mouth. You can also use this to forcefully stick a small object into their mouth, forcing them to taste it and giving them a choice of either spitting it out, or eating it. If spat out, there is still a chance (DC20 endurance) for the tasted object to affecting the target, if such effects are present.

(Example of use: Interrupting a "He did it!" persuasion check against you, or force-feeding someone cupcake with poison joke, making them roll to save against it (unless they just choose to eat it).

I like the basic ideas here, but this needs some fine-tuning. For example, why should it only interrupt Persuasion checks against you? Also, why exactly is this Earth Pony? They're not the only ones who can do this.

Well applejack was the main one to do that (as you can see from the images). And it would be weird if a minotaur or griffon stuck its hand/claws into someponys mouth.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:26 am

Zarhon wrote:
Zarhon wrote:The Applejack Maneuver - 2 / Day (For interrupting), At will (Other)
You force your hoof into someponys mouth, immediately interrupting any type of persuasion check against you and preventing any such checks from the target for 5 minutes. This also prevents them from talking as long as you have your hoof stuck in their mouth. You can also use this to forcefully stick a small object into their mouth, forcing them to taste it and giving them a choice of either spitting it out, or eating it. If spat out, there is still a chance (DC20 endurance) for the tasted object to affecting the target, if such effects are present.

(Example of use: Interrupting a "He did it!" persuasion check against you, or force-feeding someone cupcake with poison joke, making them roll to save against it (unless they just choose to eat it).

I like the basic ideas here, but this needs some fine-tuning. For example, why should it only interrupt Persuasion checks against you? Also, why exactly is this Earth Pony? They're not the only ones who can do this.

Well applejack was the main one to do that (as you can see from the images). And it would be weird if a minotaur or griffon stuck its hand/claws into someponys mouth.

I realize that Applejack did that, but there's nothing here to suggest that it should be Earth Pony only; there's no reason that couldn't have been Rarity or Fluttershy doing that. As for those guys with hands or claws, just stick the hands over the mouth, like us weirdo humans do. XD
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Hoo boy, I bet this'll be controvercial:

Gypsy Magic
You can now select any Unicorn utility talents except for Ponykinesis ones.
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Gypsy BARD- Magic
Prerequisite: Gypsy Magic
Choose a style of song- for example: Bittersweet, Sad with a deceptively happy tune, etc- Anypony within hearing distance is tranced by your song for the next 3 minutes in game. They will react either by covering their ears, humming along, or reacting emotionally reasonably to the song.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Jason Shadow wrote:Hoo boy, I bet this'll be controvercial:

Gypsy Magic

That would be...slightly overpowered. There'd be basically no reason to play unicorns any more except for the ponykinesis, especially with earth ponies' nice racial bonuses. Something a bit more balanced might be: "You may select one of your remaining talents from the unicorn talents section, as long as you meet all the prerequisites (no ponykinesis talents)." And I would also (personally) exclude It's Witchcraft.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Philadelphus wrote:

Gypsy Magic

That would be...slightly overpowered. There'd be basically no reason to play unicorns any more except for the ponykinesis, especially with earth ponies' nice racial bonuses. Something a bit more balanced might be: "You may select one of your remaining talents from the unicorn talents section, as long as you meet all the prerequisites (no ponykinesis talents)." And I would also (personally) exclude It's Witchcraft.

I do like the basic idea, but I'm in agreement with Philadelphus here; that would be much more balanced.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:35 am

Philadelphus wrote:

Gypsy Magic

I do like the basic idea, but I'm in agreement with Philadelphus here; that would be much more balanced.
[/quote]

I have an idea...

Gypsy Magic 1/day
Preparation time: 5 minutes
You may select any one Unicorn utility talent and use it for the next 5 minutes.

It's like she's using a gypsy ritual. Still, it might be overpowered.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 am

SilentBelle wrote:I have an idea...

Gypsy Magic 1/day
You may select any one Unicorn utility talent and use it for the next 5 minutes.

Hmmm, it's kind of like a more specific version of the Element of Magic. It actually sounds pretty good to me. Maybe put something in there about only taking talents you fill all the prerequisites for (so no ponykinesis), unless you want that to happen.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:25 am

Philadelphus wrote:

Gypsy Magic 1/day

Hmmm, it's kind of like a more specific version of the Element of Magic. It actually sounds pretty good to me. Maybe put something in there about only taking talents you fill all the prerequisites for (so no ponykinesis), unless you want that to happen.

Well I was thinking of adding that clause, but then I thought, it might be fun to see some completely random things happening. Of course it probably should include the limitations of having prerequisites for balance purposes.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:30 am

[quote="SilentBelle"]
Philadelphus wrote:

Gypsy Magic

SilentBelle wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:

Gypsy Magic 1/day

Well I was thinking of adding that clause, but then I thought, it might be fun to see some completely random things happening. Of course it probably should include the limitations of having prerequisites for balance purposes.

I was joking anyways, but hey, if we get something usable out of it...!
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Gee, this thread hasn't been touched in a while... But anyway, another talent idea:

Temporal Regression - Magic
You "jump" a short distance backwards in time. For all intents and purposes, the last five minutes did not happen, and nopony (besides yourself) has any recollection of the events that had (until recently) just transpired. Note, however, that events will still unfold exactly as they had previously - unless you actively try to change them.
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Moved this from the Unicorn Talents

Hyperspace Arsenal - At Will
You have an extradimensional space available, about the size of a meter squared, to put stuff and pull stuff out of of. The arsenal is available only to you and you always know whats inside it and can instantly pull whatever you want from it.

Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 am

Cardbo wrote:Moved this from the Unicorn Talents

You have an extradimensional space available, about the size of a meter squared, to put stuff and pull stuff out of of. The arsenal is available only to you and you always know whats inside it and can instantly pull whatever you want from it.

I'm pretty sure we have something like that for EPs already. I don't remember where, but it stores items in your mane.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm pretty sure we have something like that for EPs already. I don't remember where, but it stores items in your mane.

I looked back over the thread and found this. It only limits you to three items, though. We could make Disheveled Depository a pre-requisite to Hyperspace Armory.

Disheveled Depository
You are capable of carrying and concealing up to three objects within your mane (or tail) hair with no weight penalties. Items stored within are safe from any harm, and can be retrieved at will. The items can be anything, as long as you can lift them without assistance and they aren't harmful to you (e.g. burning items). It is impossible for others to discern what items you are concealing, unless they see you place them into your mane. Other ponies cannot retrieve the items within, unless they roll a search check at a -10 penalty.

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Cardbo wrote:

I looked back over the thread and found this. It only limits you to three items, though. We could make Disheveled Depository a pre-requisite to Hyperspace Armory.

Disheveled Depository
You are capable of carrying and concealing up to three objects within your mane (or tail) hair with no weight penalties. Items stored within are safe from any harm, and can be retrieved at will. The items can be anything, as long as you can lift them without assistance and they aren't harmful to you (e.g. burning items). It is impossible for others to discern what items you are concealing, unless they see you place them into your mane. Other ponies cannot retrieve the items within, unless they roll a search check at a -10 penalty.

With Disheveled Depository as a prerequisite, that could actually work quite well.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Disheveled Depository

With Disheveled Depository as a prerequisite, that could actually work quite well.

Ok, and this may be going overboard, but..

Dirac Sea
Prerequisite - Disheveled Depository, Hyperspace Arsenal
You can store nearly anything in extradimensional space. Ships, boats, live dragons, eldritch abominations. If it physical, and isn't nailed down, you can store it in there. The actual storage size is a cube of 100 meters in length.

Very Happy
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

Disheveled Depository

Ok, and this may be going overboard, but..

Dirac Sea
You can store nearly anything in extradimensional space. Ships, boats, live dragons, eldritch abominations. If it physical, and isn't nailed down, you can store it in there. The actual storage size is a cube of 100 meters in length.

Very Happy

Yeah, I think "overboard" is a good adjective here. I mean, seriously, you could qualify the Faust as an eldritch abomination from the character perspective and stuff him in there!

Okay, that's probably an exaggeration, but you see where I'm going with this. Big Bads? Otherspace! Rocks fall? Otherspace! Lightning strike? Put yourself in otherspace to avoid it!
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:07 am

Hmm..okay then.

Dirac Sea
You can store nearly anything in extradimensional space. Ships, boats, carriages. As long as its not nailed down, its fair game. However, you can't enter the Dirac Sea yourself, nor can you pull anything living into it. The size of Dirac Sea is a cube thats 10M X 10M X10M.

EDIT:Modified can enter the Dirac Sea to can't.

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 am

Cardbo wrote:Hmm..okay then.

Dirac Sea
You can store nearly anything in extradimensional space. Ships, boats, carriages. As long as its not nailed down, its fair game. However, you can enter the Dirac Sea yourself, nor can you pull anything living into it. The size of Dirac Sea is a cube thats 10M X 10M X10M.

Much better. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum