Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming Soon...

+15
A1C Bronymous
SimpleZen
threezeus
Prof. Charles Hoofington
AProcrastinatingWriter
LoganAura
Philadelphus
XandZero2
Jason Shadow
Videocrazy
Inferno1114
Demonu
Ramsus
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Coming Soon... - Page 8 Empty Re: Coming Soon...

Post  Philadelphus Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Videocrazy wrote:
You can. You can also use the Level 7 Destiny to take the Self Discovery 4 again. At level 10, if you were dedicated enough to it, you can get training in 8 or 9 skills, depending on if you're a pony or not.
Play as an earth pony, take I've Read a Lot About It 3 times and Applejack of All Trades, and you could have +4 to every skill. And your cutie mark, of course.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Philadelphus wrote:
Videocrazy wrote:
You can. You can also use the Level 7 Destiny to take the Self Discovery 4 again. At level 10, if you were dedicated enough to it, you can get training in 8 or 9 skills, depending on if you're a pony or not.
Play as an earth pony, take I've Read a Lot About It 3 times and Applejack of All Trades, and you could have +4 to every skill. And your cutie mark, of course.

First, talents can only be taken once, unless otherwise stated. Second, Applejack of All Trades only affects skills you DON'T have training in.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 pm

D'oh! Yeah, you're right. On both counts. Oh, well, another beautiful hypothesis slain by an ugly fact. Smile

So I guess you could get training in 9 skills that way, plus a +1 bonus to the other two. Not quite as exciting, but still.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Snagging Roots Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Videocrazy wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:
Videocrazy wrote:

First, talents can only be taken once, unless otherwise stated. Second, Applejack of All Trades only affects skills you DON'T have training in.

Just so I know I'm understanding correctly, the part about training a lot more skills is still valid; right? Because, these aren't talents...
Snagging Roots
Snagging Roots
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Snagging Roots wrote:
Videocrazy wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:
Videocrazy wrote:

Just so I know I'm understanding correctly, the part about training a lot more skills is still valid; right? Because, these aren't talents...

Yes, it is. With the current official talents, you can have a maximum of 9 trained skills using the method described above.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't know if you guys are minmaxing like champs, or straight up breaking the game wide open, but let me know when you finalize that so my next character can do it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Bronymous wrote:I don't know if you guys are minmaxing like champs, or straight up breaking the game wide open, but let me know when you finalize that so my next character can do it.

What, the training in skills? You do realize the downside to that is that you'll get NO Destiny-related perks aside from training in 6 additional skills, a mere +3 modifier, right?
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Videocrazy wrote:What, the training in skills? You do realize the downside to that is that you'll get NO Destiny-related perks aside from training in 6 additional skills, a mere +3 modifier, right?

Oh, no... Everything I do in this game comes down to a skill check, one way or the other.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 am

The Ace
You're a living legend, succeeding in impossible feats like its no big deal and coming back from suicide missions just in time for breakfast.

Smoke me a kipper
Your great reputaion causes others to rush to your aid when performing great feats. You gain a +10 bonus to convincing others to assist you, when attempting to do something that is clearly impossible or incredibly unlikely (DC40+).

What a guy/gal!
You're such a legend that even your enemies can't help but respect you and admire you. Twice a day, you can treat opposing skill checks against hostile or unfriendly creatures as critical successes (non-cutie mark) if you roll a 15 or higher on the die.

I'll be back by breakfast
You've adapted your insane feats into your daily routine. All checks you perform have their DC lowered by 10. In addition, once a day, you can lower a single check by an additional 20 and it cannot critically fail. If it critically succeeds, it counts as a cutie mark critical success.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:18 am

Zarhon wrote:The Ace
You're a living legend, succeeding in impossible feats like its no big deal and coming back from suicide missions just in time for breakfast.

Smoke me a kipper
Your great reputaion causes others to rush to your aid when performing great feats. You gain a +10 bonus to convincing others to assist you, when attempting to do something that is clearly impossible or incredibly unlikely (DC40+).

What a guy/gal!
You're such a legend that even your enemies can't help but respect you and admire you. Twice a day, you can treat opposing skill checks against hostile or unfriendly creatures as critical successes (non-cutie mark) if you roll a 15 or higher on the die.

I'll be back by breakfast
You've adapted your insane feats into your daily routine. All checks you perform have their DC lowered by 10. In addition, once a day, you can lower a single check by an additional 20 and it cannot critically fail. If it critically succeeds, it counts as a cutie mark critical success.

Oh. My. God. I love you for this. Now I have a sudden urge to make, among other things, a character with his own Mr. Flibble...
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8