Morpher skillset (an offshoot of the Summoner skillset)

Go down

Morpher skillset (an offshoot of the Summoner skillset)

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:12 pm

This is a thread where everyone can make Conjurations for the game but these are not just any Conjurations these are Conjurations that change the Conjurer these Conjurations are called Morphs. See next post for examples.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morpher skillset (an offshoot of the Summoner skillset)

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:14 pm

reposts from the main tread

[+3] Obnoxious Goblin Morph
All current stats and abilities are unable to be used. Instead, you have access to the following stats and abilities. This skill ends when demorph is used also it automatically ends when HP reaches 0. When demorphed you are returned to how you were before useing this skill with appropriate PiP change.

HP 8
Traits
-Stubborn resolve
This morph may not be defeated by an attack that uses a D10 or higher and is left with 1HP when it would be defeated by an attack that uses a D10 or higher
[+3] Goblin Punch
If this Conjuration's PiPs are equal to target's PiPs deal 1D20 damage if not deal 1D4 damage.
[0] Demorph
Return to your normal stats and abilities
[-6] Goblin Rush
Deal 3D8 to target

[-28]Bahamut Morph
All current stats and abilities are unable to be used. Instead, you have access to the following stats and abilities. This skill ends when demorph is used also it automatically ends when HP reaches 0. When demorphed you are returned to how you were before useing this skill with appropriate PiP change.

HP 100
Traits
-Guardian
This Morph takes all the damage that any ally would take.
[+2] Flare
Deal 3D8 damage to 2 targets
[+1] MegaFlare
Deal 3D10 to Target and adjacents
[0] Demorph
[-8] GigaFlare
Deal 8D20 to all enemies

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 am

I think your goblin needs to also steal any damage that the player would take, clarified in it's traits. I like seeing +pip summons.

And I enjoy this Final Fantasy style summoning.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Hmm... Those ideas are... kind of like what I was thinking of. Maybe I was thinking of something like:
[-6] Sylph Morph
All current abilities are unable to be used. Instead, you have access to the following abilities:
[+2] Healing Wind
Restore d8 HP to yourself or d4 to two allies.
[+1] Buffeting Gale
Enemy takes d6 damage and is Weakened.
[-1] Tornado Hold
Enemy takes 2d6 damage. For each turn until they deal damage to you, they take another d6 damage.
[-4] Gathering Storm
On your next turn, deal d12 damage to all enemies that attack you this turn.
[+3] Cease Form
Lose your Sylph Morph abilities. Your previous abilities are unlocked. [Possible: you may take another turn.]
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 am

AlicornPriest wrote:Hmm... Those ideas are... kind of like what I was thinking of. Maybe I was thinking of something like:
[-6] Sylph Morph
All current abilities are unable to be used. Instead, you have access to the following abilities:
[+2] Healing Wind
Restore d8 HP to yourself or d4 to two allies.
[+1] Buffeting Gale
Enemy takes d6 damage and is Weakened.
[-1] Tornado Hold
Enemy takes 2d6 damage. For each turn until they deal damage to you, they take another d6 damage.
[-4] Gathering Storm
On your next turn, deal d12 damage to all enemies that attack you this turn.
[+3] Cease Form
Lose your Sylph Morph abilities. Your previous abilities are unlocked. [Possible: you may take another turn.]

Editing to match your format well similar but not the same which everone seems better will be used as the standard.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

Absolutely no responce... so I have to resort to the only thing that works... new stuff.

[+1] Soldier of Stone Morph

HP 30
[+1] Draw attacks
This Morph becomes the only possible target for enemies to attack. Adjacent and attacks that target all function normally.
[0] Demorph

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:15 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Absolutely no responce... so I have to resort to the only thing that works... new stuff.
Oh, sorry about that. I honestly didn't expect you to retroactively fix the other ones. I mean, I have my vision for the class, and you have yours. Actually, it'd be nice if Stairc or another person in high places would look at this and give their two cents.
Oh, and none of them actually have the "Cease Form" ability I gave the Sylph Morph. It's... rather important, since otherwise you have no way to get out... Laughing Unless you meant for them to be one-way, which could be interesting too.
The Soldier of Stone might be a little overpowered. Since the enemies can't attack anyone except for you, and those attacks are massively weakened, it'll really misbalance the battle.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:24 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:Absolutely no responce... so I have to resort to the only thing that works... new stuff.
Oh, sorry about that. I honestly didn't expect you to retroactively fix the other ones. I mean, I have my vision for the class, and you have yours. Actually, it'd be nice if Stairc or another person in high places would look at this and give their two cents.
Oh, and none of them actually have the "Cease Form" ability I gave the Sylph Morph. It's... rather important, since otherwise you have no way to get out... Laughing Unless you meant for them to be one-way, which could be interesting too.
The Soldier of Stone might be a little overpowered. Since the enemies can't attack anyone except for you, and those attacks are massively weakened, it'll really misbalance the battle.

I always add stuff retroactively... prehaps that is why I get so little responce. YOU are a person in a high place an Admin if you did not froget. Cease form I replaced that with Demorph but that is just my take also how could it be one way confused did you read the description? Finally soldier of stone has been nerfed retroactively!
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Cease form I replaced that with Demorph but that is just my take also how could it be one way confused did you read the description? Finally soldier of stone has been nerfed retroactively!
Ah, that's why I was confused. I put it as last, even though it was a (+) skill. But yours works fine, too. Smile
Nah, I don't think it has anything to do with retroactive fixing. I've had a set of monsters up for a while, and I got no response from them. Sad Just depends on what people want to respond to, I guess.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:48 am

Hmm, I like the idea behind these abilities, but I can't help but feel as though these hold too much power within them (Not so much a balance issue, but in terms of versatility). I mean consider having 3 of these talents in a battle. One gives you a set of support-type moves, another single target attacks, and another area of effect attacks, and if each of these forms have three moves or so, then it's like you get to bring in a set of 11 talents instead of five.

Perhaps these could work better if you make the form you take perform a very specific function (Probably only have 2 moves at most). Such as that soldier of stone one, I rather like how specific it is. Where as with the Sylph it's a support/damage dealer. While the move itself is probably quite balanced, there's still the matter of gaining such a large variety of options that aren't available through other moves.

That's my take on these Morpher talents.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:11 pm

SilentBelle wrote:Hmm, I like the idea behind these abilities, but I can't help but feel as though these hold too much power within them (Not so much a balance issue, but in terms of versatility). I mean consider having 3 of these talents in a battle. One gives you a set of support-type moves, another single target attacks, and another area of effect attacks, and if each of these forms have three moves or so, then it's like you get to bring in a set of 11 talents instead of five.

Perhaps these could work better if you make the form you take perform a very specific function (Probably only have 2 moves at most). Such as that soldier of stone one, I rather like how specific it is. Where as with the Sylph it's a support/damage dealer. While the move itself is probably quite balanced, there's still the matter of gaining such a large variety of options that aren't available through other moves.

Hmm. That's true. Part of the balance, I thought, was that you lost all of your other abilities while you were "morphed." In other words, you still only have five moves or so, it's just a different five.
But perhaps you're right. Maybe just having a specific function would be best. That way, it's almost like you're Encoring yourself. Or maybe we should just stick to summons and leave it at that. XD
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:30 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:
SilentBelle wrote:Hmm, I like the idea behind these abilities, but I can't help but feel as though these hold too much power within them (Not so much a balance issue, but in terms of versatility). I mean consider having 3 of these talents in a battle. One gives you a set of support-type moves, another single target attacks, and another area of effect attacks, and if each of these forms have three moves or so, then it's like you get to bring in a set of 11 talents instead of five.

Hmm. That's true. Part of the balance, I thought, was that you lost all of your other abilities while you were "morphed." In other words, you still only have five moves or so, it's just a different five.
But perhaps you're right. Maybe just having a specific function would be best. That way, it's almost like you're Encoring yourself. Or maybe we should just stick to summons and leave it at that. XD

Wait just a second before you shut down this page ALL of the morphs that I made have specific functions. And I could try to rework Sylph if you want me to.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:00 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:And I could try to rework Sylph if you want me to.
Sylph is mine! You can't touch it! It's mine, all mine! Nasty tygerses, trying to steal my precious...
Okay, I'm just kidding. Go for it. We'll make this idea work yet.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 pm

now let us see if I split it into two...

[-2] Sylph Morph
All current stats and abilities are unable to be used. Instead, you have access to the following stats and abilities. This skill ends when demorph is used also it automatically ends when HP reaches 0. When demorphed you are returned to how you were before useing this skill with appropriate PiP change
HP 15
Trait
-Kind fairy
gain regen 2
[+2] Healing Wind
Restore 1d8 HP to yourself or 1d4 to two allies.
[0] Demorph
[-4] Healing Storm
At the start of your next turn, Heal 1d20 HP to all allies.

[-2] Fey Morph
HP 15
Trait
-Vindictive Fairy
All enemies make saving rolls at -2
[+2] Buffeting Gale
Target enemy takes 1d6 damage and is Weakened(save ends).
[0] Demorph
[-3] Tornado Hold
Target enemy takes 1d8 damage and is Stuned(save ends).

so what do you think?
Edit added on slient's ideas.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:now let us see if I split it into two...

[-2] Sylph Morph
All current stats and abilities are unable to be used. Instead, you have access to the following stats and abilities. This skill ends when demorph is used also it automatically ends when HP reaches 0. When demorphed you are returned to how you were before useing this skill with appropriate PiP change
[+2] Healing Wind
Restore 1d8 HP to yourself or 1d4 to two allies.
[0] Demorph
[-4] Healing Storm
At the start of your next turn, Heal 1d20 HP to all allies.

[-2] Fey Morph
[+2] Buffeting Gale
Target enemy takes 1d6 damage and is Weakened(save ends).
[0] Demorph
[-3] Tornado Hold
Target enemy takes 1d8 damage and is stuned(save ends).

so what do you think?
Hmm. I like it, I think. Let's see what the other peoplez think.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Say, what if every morph also had a passive trait you gain while in it's form (very minor buff) Like sylph gets regen 2 or something. And the fey gives -1 to all enemy saving throws. That way you get some sort of functionality as soon as your morph.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:23 pm

[-6] Spreader Morph

HP 10
Trait
-wanton destruction
Deal extra damage equal to the number of targets

[+2] Starstreak
deal 1D6 damge to target and 1D4 damage to three different targets.
[+1]Bouncer
Deal 1D8 damage to target and 1D6 to adjacents
[0] Demorph
[-6] Airburst
Deal 1D20 to all enemies
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 am

Dam this skillset looks awesome. I wish I could add more to this... But I've got nothing, maybe I'll think up something later.
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Putting this here for buff/nerf.

[-1] Dr. Jekyolt and Mr. Clyde
Transform self or willing target ally. All current stats and abilities are unable to be used. Instead, target has access to the following stats and abilities. This skill ends when Reversion is used; it also automatically ends when HP reaches 0. When reverted, one is returned to how one was before using this skill, with appropriate PiP change.

HP 28
Traits:
From the Heart of Tartarus- When HP is reduced to 0, deals 1d10 damage to attacker.

[+2] Teammate Tornado
Deal 1d8 damage to a random enemy and a random ally.

[+1] Juggernaut Trot
Choose a random target and deal 1d8 damage, plus 1d6 to adjacents.

[0] Hoof of Iniquity
Flip a coin. On heads, deal 2d8 damage to a random enemy, plus 5 ongoing damage (save ends); on tails, deal 1d10 damage to a random ally, plus 3 ongoing damage (save ends).

[-1] Strategic Madness
Choose two targets, one of whom must be an ally, and flip a coin. On heads, target the former; on tails, target the latter. Deal 1d12 damage.

[-3] Conscience [Interrupt]
Trigger: Attacking an ally
Ally gains Resistance 5 for the duration of the attack.

[-7] Reversion
Return to natural stats and abilities.

Last edited by GentlemanOtherwise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:12 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:
Traits:
No Impulse Control- Must use one combat talent per turn in combat.
What does this mean, first off? I thought people already used one combat talent per turn.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Must use. As in, you can't decide to- say- not do anything this turn. So if you're fighting one guy, and don't want to use your risky, likely-to-damage-the-party attacks? Nope. You have to use it.
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:33 pm

First off welcome to the forums!

second your wording needs work

third as it stands it would be better as a -1 or even a +1

fourth needs a +2 or 3 skill

fith trot needs a nerf 1d8 and 1d6 prehaps

six madness could work as a + if one target is required to be an ally

seven revision in my opinion reversion should be 0 but that is just me

eight in general you always take one normal action unless under an effect
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:First off welcome to the forums!

second your wording needs work

third as it stands it would be better as a -1 or even a +1

fourth needs a +2 or 3 skill

fith trot needs a nerf 1d8 and 1d6 prehaps

six madness could work as a + if one target is required to be an ally

seven revision in my opinion reversion should be 0 but that is just me

eight in general you always take one normal action unless under an effect

I might not have represented the power right- essentially, the idea is that the result of the talent is creating an absolute combat monster... who is a danger to allies and enemies alike, and who needs to accrue power and possibly do some serious incidental damage to the team in order to change back to normal.

Didn't know #8. Thanks!

Last edited by GentlemanOtherwise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 pm

constant damage is not one of the normal keywords we use ongoing damage other than that it looks good

side note do not make a new post just edit your old one.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum