Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Rolf looked down into the hall as he heard the scream below him. "I'm afraid that might have to wait a moment, cleric. I've still got the dove, but I want to check out what's happening downstairs first. Wait here." Rolf then quickly cast Spider Climb on himself and climbed down the side of the balcony. Upon reaching the ground, he quickly pulled out the "unknown effect" wand and walked to the two doors near the entrance (well, the door and the gaping hole) and peered down them.

If he sees the cultist, Rolf will try to use the "unknown" wand on him (unless Horizon is gripping him or in the way or something).

Oh, and Counter-Story Time!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Rolf

Perception (Rolf) -> nat20
Perception (Cultist) -> 17

Peeking down the corridor, Rolf sees the cultist, loading his crossbow, focused on Horizon, as well a tall, pitch-black robed figure, standing next to him, near the door he is using as cover from someone. It appears to be focused on the cultist and is holding something, but you cant see if from this side. The cultist turns his head whilst reloading and sees Rolf. Startled, he tries to get a proper aim of his wand. Rolf fires his wand first, however.

Wand -> 8
Cultist -> 12

The wand shoots a streak of fire, but the cultist manages to roll out of the way, into the room.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Zarhon wrote:The cultist manages to hit Horizon with a bolt, slightly above the knee, forcing him to stop and stumble before reaching him, about 2.5 meters away. The paladin rushes to aid him, to which the cultist aims his wand at him.

He just cannot follow directions, huh? Is 2.5 meters within diving distance? Let's find out!

Horizon uses the distraction to move again. He staggers forward a step, and then lunges off of his good leg at the Cultist.

I would continue, but this is a pretty important roll. Roll for jump and tackle.

Or not.
Damn, so close. Horizon took note of Rolf before doing his best to stack up by the door. He motions to Rolf, and then to the Paladin. Drawing his Scimitar, he rounds the door and lunges for the cultist.

I imagine you'll have to roll for the next shot. If its no good, have Horizon close and attempt to disarm him.

Last edited by Bronymous on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Rolf got near the door. As Knife-Guy went through it, he cast a Flare spell through the doorway. Knife-Guy's back was to it, so he shouldn't be affected. But hopefully it would startle the cultist and get a better look at Mr. Tall and Shady.

Roll for Flare.

Also, unless Ramsus logs in the next couple of minutes, I think I'll play "What would Skitter do?"

Skitter rushes to the hole and looks inside. "Matilda? Sweetie? The bad leg is dead now! You can come out!" He turns to Tiffany. "Tiff, can you send a healing spell or something down the hole? It will heal Matilda. Or maybe hurt undead arm. Either way." Skitter turns back to try and peer into the hole.

Roll for Perception.

Ramsus, if this is NOT what your character would do, let me know.
edit: Got confirmation from Ramsus that this is what Skitter would do..

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Skitter rushes to the hole and looks inside. "Matilda? Sweetie? The bad leg is dead now! You can come out!" He turns to Tiffany. "Tiff, can you send a healing spell or something down the hole? It will heal Matilda. Or maybe hurt undead arm. Either way." Skitter turns back to try and peer into the hole.

Roll for Perception.

Ramsus, if this is NOT what your character would do, let me know.
Errrm, I'll wait for Ramsus.

*Throws a brick at the cicada outside my window* GO AWAY!
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 am

Lyntermas wrote:Oh, and Counter-Story Time!

I see what has transpired here. So three things
1. Timeline. While neither of our stories really point one way or the other continuity-wise, I should point out that my story takes place roughly 2 years prior to campaign start, so if you were thinking otherwise, we should work on that.
2. Jakob- in my story- was intended to be a higher-up of another organization, not just the leader of a group of thugs. Technically you didn't say anything contradictory, but you did kind of write him into obscurity. That might go back to timeline issues, as well.
3. WHAT is this city's name? We're in the same town, I gather, so I'd like to know what to call it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 am

Lizzie

Stealth -> 14 + 8 = 22
Intimidate -> 16 + 8 = 24

Horizon

Before you get a chance to see into the room and leap, a familiar roar thunders from the room. You then hear the sound of footsteps and running. Followed by a blood-curling scream as the door suddenly pulls itself closed. The screaming abruptly stops afterwards.

Rolf

As you move closer towards the door, the dark figure suddenly turns and enters the room. Whatever it was holding, it stashed into its robes. As you approach the room, you can see a gigantic tail in one of the corners of the room. Right afterwards, a roar thunders from the room. The cultist exits the room, stumbling and tripping. He is stopped by Lizzie, who grabs his lower legs with his her maw. He screams in terror, gripping to the door's handle in desperation. Lizzie easily pulls the cultist back into the room, causing the door to close. The screaming abruptly stops afterwards.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 am

Oh. I guess she was there.

"Damn Cat. I wanted to kill him." Horizon sunk to a sitting position, and turned his attention to the bolt protruding from his leg. "That was close. Almost ruined my career..." His voiced trailed off as he attempted to remove it. He motioned for Rolf "Come check on the Paladin, I think he's having a rough day." Horizon removed his helmet and set it down. It was beginning to feel constricting, harder to breathe in it. He took a deep breath, and yanked the Bolt from his leg, covering the wound. Keeping pressure on it, he fished around one of his pouches and pulled out a small cloth, and used it to stifle the bleeding.

Roll for first aid? I guess. Haven't done that one yet.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:01 am

1. There's not much of a timeline problem from my view. This is just meant to showcase "a day in the life" before Campaign Start. The events that transpired could have happened at any time after Rolf started training with Nester. Let's say he's 21 in campaign, and 19 when this story and the crossover happens (Story happens a few months before crossover).

2. Just because Jakob got kicked out of the Finder's Guild doesn't mean he couldn't have started again. Let's say that flashback occurred when Rolf was 13. That's six years for Jakob to have broken out of jail and climbed the ranks of some other organization.

3. We live in Fezaris, the capital city of the Silken Empire, where the campaign takes place.

Although I do see what you mean, what with the whole "and he was never heard from again" vibe. I think I'll modify my script once I better come up with Jakob's backstory. Which I will do right now.

Jakob Trelawney
Jakob was never destined to become a model citizen. He just loved money too much. His father was a prominent member of the Merchant's Guild, so Jakob got a bit of an education (as well as an air of superiority). Growing up, he felt that his father was weak, always kowtowing to his clients and bending over backwards to get them in an agreement. In an act of rebellion, he decided to join the Thieves' Guild, because that's where the quick money is, right? But what did he find? Procedure and hierarchy and the blasted Code. They were thieves for crying out loud, why would they need a Code? After going through the motions and trying to get enough cred to go up in the ranks, he decided the only way for him to be somebody was to do something drastic. Something memorable. Something that would show this whole town that the Guild was not to be messed with. Something that would put him in the history books.

And it all got f@&$ed up by some kid who couldn't handle a little blood.

After being kicked out of the Guild (what, so 20 guards dying was fine, but 3 little maids was a TRAVESTY?) and rotting in prison for a year, he finally managed to break out. With no other alternatives, he decided to do something stupid: he snuck back into his father's estate. Then they had a little talk.

"So, you believe that the Thieves' Guild treated you unjustly? How so? You broke their code, you pay the consequences.
"They wouldn't have kicked me out if it had worked. People will let you get away with anything as long as it gets results."
Harold Trelawny leaned in. "And how do you become the man who gets better results than anyone?"
Jakob thought for a moment. "...By being the one who is willing to do what the other guys would never dream of. And if that means breaking their rules, then so be it."
Harold smiled. "Jakob, I think it's time for you to know what I do for a living."

Harold revealed his primary role in the Merchant's Guild: ripping people off. He'd wine and dine them, promise them the moon and the whole Silken Empire, as long as they put their signature on the dotted line. After that, he could pull a few strings, a forgery here, misplacing a few documents there, and soon he would own all that they had. Seeing the looks of despair on their faces was just a bonus.

"And the Merchant's Guild just lets you get away with it?" Jakob asked.
"After I increased their revenue by 50% per year, son, I could commit murder in their face and they'd look the other way."

The search for the criminal Jakob was "called off," and Jakob soon got to work. He quickly learned the arts of "diplomacy" and soon was helping his father "close deals" with great success. He enjoyed his work, and the rewards, immensely. Then he decided that the time (and company) were right for a "distinguishing move." The only hitch was that it involved making a rather large exchange with...the Finder's Guild. Obviously, they'd think twice about dealing with him directly, so he'd have to find some middleman to do the work. Someone reliable. Someone who wasn't afraid to get violent.

Someone with an Honor Code to exploit. And most importantly, someone expendable.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 am

Yeah, like I said, "lifespan of about five seconds."

Rolf looked over at Knife-Guy. "After I finish making sure that the paladin is stable, we've got a lot to talk about. I saw a man in dark robes enter the room before the door closed, so be careful in case he tries to sneak out." He went toward the end of the hall to where the paladin was lying down. He had apparently managed to snuff out the flames, but he was still burnt pretty badly. "Are you alright? I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I'm afraid your brother was killed by the cultists. His body is...well, his armor is...you see, Lizzie went and...he's at peace now, that's the important thing. Now there's a cleric in the main hall, but he's recuperating as well. Can you heal yourself, or do you think you need to see Sister Ivy? She's barricaded with another paladin in the hall outside of the wine alter room." .
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 am

Lyntermas wrote:Someone with an Honor Code to exploit. And most importantly, someone expendable.

I know we're collaborating on this, but god damn do I love where you're going with that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 am

Lynt's version of what Skitter would do was so close to what I was going to write that I don't even see the point of re-writing it. So yeah, let's go with that.

Edit: I haven't managed to read either of you guys' latest stories yet. Hopefully I'll get the time tonight. You'll know I did if I cross this out.
Well, those should lead to some more interesting stories... Now I feel sad that I sorta ended up writing myself into a corner with Skitter's backstory.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 am

Ramsus wrote:Now I feel sad that I sorta ended up writing myself into a corner with Skitter's backstory.

As well you should.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 am

It's okay, Ramsus. You can still write about how Skitter got kicked out of his seat of power.

As for the crossover, I can leave the specifics of the deal to you, but here are a few ideas:
1. Jakob would try to make sure that he profits even from a fair deal, but they may be more profit if the deal goes sour.
2. Jakob is not planning to pay Horizon "just like that." He may want either to have him join Jakob's crew fulltime, or just kill him outright.
3. Jakob messed up with the Finder's Guild because he underestimated what their Code entails. He will mess up with Horizon because he OVERESTIMATES Horizon's moral code.

Use these ideas as you see fit.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Lyntermas wrote:It's okay, Ramsus. You can still write about how Skitter got kicked out of his seat of power.

As for the crossover, I can leave the specifics of the deal to you, but here are a few ideas:
1. Jakob would try to make sure that he profits even from a fair deal, but they may be more profit if the deal goes sour.
2. Jakob is not planning to pay Horizon "just like that." He may want either to have him join Jakob's crew fulltime, or just kill him outright.
3. Jakob messed up with the Finder's Guild because he underestimated what their Code entails. He will mess up with Horizon because he OVERESTIMATES Horizon's moral code.

Use these ideas as you see fit.

Already on it. I have a general idea of what goes down, I just need detail and padding. It should be done by next week.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Skitter & Tiffany

Perception -> 15

You see the end of Matilda's tail go just out of view as you look through the hole. The hole is pretty long and partially man-made: The beginning of it was cut smoothly, before it starts widening slightly and erratically as it reaches a natural cave formation. You can see what looks like the tip of a stalactite on the other side, as well as cave-like walls, much like this room. A cold breeze is coming from the hole. The hole itself is too small to crawl through (although your head does fit into it), but natural formation looks like it barely has enough room to crawl through.

Rolf

The paladin is pretty badly hurt from the fire: It seems the heavy burns caused some of his armor to stick to his skin. He'll need a professional healer and is in no shape to fight. He can still walk, but it is clearly very painful for him to do so, as his armor shifts. He says he'll go to Sister Ivy, as he doesn't know how to treat burns properly. He slowly, but surely, starts moving to her room.

Horizon

First Aid -> 4

The improvised bandage doesn't help much. The pain is too great to run, whilst walking has Horizon limping. He's also pretty certain that it will infect if he doesn't get it cleaned or otherwise cleansed properly.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Eh, got it covered.

"Yeah, you do that. Baby; it's just a little third degree burns." Horizon chuckled, attempting to ignore the pain in his leg. It wasn't working. "Magic healing might be fine for them, but I prefer to be a little more visceral in my own treatment. Wanna hook me up with some magic fire, buddy?" He looked to Rolf, while still applying pressure on the wound. "This is pretty deep- I need something to clean it up quickly or risk it getting worse than I'm willing to deal with." He held up his Kukri to Rolf. "Heat this up so I can cauterize the wound. It's a temporary solution, but it will work for now." Horizon checked the wound one more time, noting the blood flow. "And hurry up, if you don't mind. Up until now I've been running on a delightful cocktail of Adrenaline and Rage, but that's starting to wear off, and I feel like this really about to hurt."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm

"Knock four times to get in," Rolf told the paladin as he limped off to the dormitories. He then took the knife and modified his Burning Hands spell so that it would give a smaller, concentrated blast of flame. Once the blade had been heated so it was white-hot, he handed it back to Knife-Guy.

"I'll give you an update of what I've run into, if for no other reason than so you can be annoyed at me rather than the pain while you work," Rolf said. "Turns out there's a whole mess of cultists who've infiltrated the temple. I've been trying to capture them rather than kill them, both for questioning and because the staff here doesn't like "death on hallowed ground". I counted four in the dormitories (captured three but one ran off toward the graveyard), three in the balconies above the great hall (two captured, one fell to his death being pushed by a lion cub), and of course the cultist we've just seen (which, considering he entered Lizzie's room, I'm willing to consider a suicide). As for bombs, the cultists in the dormitories said they hid one in the secret tunnels (where I sent Skitter and Tiffany), and I've personally found one in the great hall and one in the balcony above it. Assuming that the cultist pairs stay relatively close to their bombs, I'm guessing there might still be one in the wine ritual room. I've found three clerics, two regular paladins, one paladin who got turned into a zombie, and of course Lizzie the giant lioness."

He paused to catch his breath. "What else? There's a supply closet near Sister Ivy where you might find something useful. I've got a device that will modify the bells so that the holy cavalry can start heading back. There's a chance that the Zilean we're dealing with is not the original. Oh, and apparently I got cursed by an orb that predates the dragons and if we don't find a cure I've got less than two months to live.....trying real hard not to think about that right now."

"But, hey, how've you been? Find any cultists? Any bombs? Have you run into Skitter and Tiffany? And...are those bones? Where did...why do you have bones?"

Zarhon, I've got a bit of a layout question that's been bothering me.
To the left of the great hall: Dormitories, one entrance to catacombs, wine alter room (right below bells), attic with food storage and unknown staircase
To the right of the great hall: wine cellar, Lizzie's room, attic with zombie room, balcony that lead to bells?

If the wine alter room is on the left, how can the access ladder to it be on the right?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 pm

"Well, let me see. I got the bones down in the catacombs, where I found two cultists- who subsequently managed to kill themselves- and what I assume was another bomb. Two problems with that- one, its more complicated then what we've seen. And two-" Horizon choked back a scream as he pressed the searing blade to his exposed wound. After a moment, he took a breath and continued, "...and two, it is now safely tucked away in the middle of a decent-sized inferno. I don't think we need to worry about it- no ones getting to it for the time being, and if the fire was going to set it off, it would have by now." Horizon fished out a new bandage, and wrapped it around his leg.

"I met up with the other two down in the meat freezer. The bomb down there is defunct, but we had another abomination to deal with- a small one. Also, Skitter might be coming back up with a new pet." Horizon resecured his helmet, and then tired to stand. Shakily, he put weight on his leg, and immediately collapsed. Horizon swore. "FUCK that hurts. A lot."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Lyntermas wrote: "Knock four times to get in," Rolf told the paladin as he limped off to the dormitories. He then took the knife and modified his Burning Hands spell so that it would give a smaller, concentrated blast of flame. Once the blade had been heated so it was white-hot, he handed it back to Knife-Guy.

"I'll give you an update of what I've run into, if for no other reason than so you can be annoyed at me rather than the pain while you work," Rolf said. "Turns out there's a whole mess of cultists who've infiltrated the temple. I've been trying to capture them rather than kill them, both for questioning and because the staff here doesn't like "death on hallowed ground". I counted four in the dormitories (captured three but one ran off toward the graveyard), three in the balconies above the great hall (two captured, one fell to his death being pushed by a lion cub), and of course the cultist we've just seen (which, considering he entered Lizzie's room, I'm willing to consider a suicide). As for bombs, the cultists in the dormitories said they hid one in the secret tunnels (where I sent Skitter and Tiffany), and I've personally found one in the great hall and one in the balcony above it. Assuming that the cultist pairs stay relatively close to their bombs, I'm guessing there might still be one in the wine ritual room. I've found three clerics, two regular paladins, one paladin who got turned into a zombie, and of course Lizzie the giant lioness."

He paused to catch his breath. "What else? There's a supply closet near Sister Ivy where you might find something useful. I've got a device that will modify the bells so that the holy cavalry can start heading back. There's a chance that the Zilean we're dealing with is not the original. Oh, and apparently I got cursed by an orb that predates the dragons and if we don't find a cure I've got less than two months to live.....trying real hard not to think about that right now."

"But, hey, how've you been? Find any cultists? Any bombs? Have you run into Skitter and Tiffany? And...are those bones? Where did...why do you have bones?"

Zarhon, I've got a bit of a layout question that's been bothering me.
To the left of the great hall: Dormitories, one entrance to catacombs, wine alter room (right below bells), attic with food storage and unknown staircase
To the right of the great hall: wine cellar, Lizzie's room, attic with zombie room, balcony that lead to bells?

If the wine alter room is on the left, how can the access ladder to it be on the right?

Actually, everything except the staircase Horizon/Tiffany fell through is on the right side (the door that was smashed and door leading to the dormitories are on the same wall, under the balcony Rolf was on). The catacombs and tunnels go a level below the temple (and goes upwards for the dormitory).

Order of rooms, from top to bottom:

Roof
Scaffoldings, attic, bells
balcony
main hall, dormitories, lizzie's hall/room
wine cellar, catacombs, cold storage
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Rolf winced as Knife-Guy fell back to the floor. "I'll help walk you to Sister Ivy after I've checked Lizzie's room for that guy in black robes. You might like more "visceral" means of healing, but the clerics are reliable. I'm glad to hear the others are okay, although I'm not sure about having a snake follow us around. But back to my earlier question: WHY would you pick up the bones in the catacomb?"

Bronymous, your name speech is coming up soon.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I figured. Lucky I have it written down.

"You're going into the Lion's Den? You know she eats people, right?" Horizon looked at him for a second, and then answered. "The bones are for whatever. Call them a souvenir. You got the wands, Skitter got food, I got bones." He paused, hefting the clavicle, and fingered the edge as if it was a blade. "I do get the feeling something downstairs didn't like it, but I vacated the area before it could voice its concern."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Rolf stared at Knife-Guy for a moment. "Yeah, see, this is something I wanted to talk to you about. Due to...recent events, there is a possibility that I might not be able to see this through to the end. Out of the rest of the team, you seem to be the one most likely to take the lead if something happens to me. I'm not sure if I'm okay with that, because I don't really trust you. Now I'm not questioning your loyalty, but, well, I'm afraid you might be insane. And not in the casual "doing random stupid things" type of crazy. I mean the "danger to himself and people around him" crazy.

Let's break this down for a moment. First, arbitrarily deciding that we are on "your team". In and of itself, I'm okay with that. Your reasons are your own, and as long as Zilean is dealt with and the town is saved, I don't really have a problem with that. Second, your willingness to inflict extreme pain on your enemies without so much as batting an eye. Not the best of character traits, and I would think twice about having you as a drinking buddy, but in this context, sure. We're not here to "play nice", we've got to defend ourselves against people who actively want us dead.

However, Tiffany told me that you tried to scare Lizzie into doing what you wanted. I've met Lizzie. She's a giant battle-hardened lion who used to be the mount for the "savior" everyone keeps mentioning. She's ruthless to her enemies, but usually leaves "neutral" parties alone. But apparently you took a look at her and thought, "I can show her who's boss"? And now you're carrying around bones because "that's your thing now"?

With anyone else, I might attribute that behavior to sheer stupidity. But since I know that you're not an idiot, and combining it with the previous two traits I mentioned, I'm afraid that you're operating in a different frame of reality from the rest of us. Once we go there, there's no telling what you might do, because we literally don't know your thought processes.

Maybe you think you're some kind of demigod, and you think torturing mortals and yelling at lions is "just good fun." Maybe you don't tell your own teammates your name because "the good fairy will hear and use your name to turn you into a goon." Maybe you'll stop our investigation to stomp on flowers because "they're agents of the Mole King." Or maybe you'll kill someone we need to find Zilean because "the demons in your head told you to do it."

What I'm saying is, how can I trust you if I'm not even sure you're operating on the same level of sanity as the rest of us? Hell, how am I supposed to trust you when you won't even tell your "teammates" your own freaking name!?!"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 am

Horizon listened to Rolf's progressing rant. He would have been smiling, as he stood, but two words stood out to him. Name. Demons. He remained silent, before removing his helmet, and leveling his gaze at Rolf. There was no anger, no cold rage, or spark of insanity in his eyes. He spoke, calm, neutral, and at the same time full of turbulence.
"My name?" He stepped forward, no hint of a limp. "A soldier is named by rank and merit. A hero, by word and deed. A champion is named by king and pauper alike. A man’s name means little, and his face only has weight so far as he carries himself." In a flash, the Kukri met the wall, inches from Rolf's face. "What do you know of Demons, I wonder? Your magic, your books, all nothing next to what I've seen." Horizon continues to stare at Rolf, but his eyes are glazed, as if lost in thought. But he still spoke. "I marched with Nerevarine on Akavir and Artaeum. I watched Seraph break sacred blackness to forge his mask. I have seen invisible and heard silence. I have held court with Aldmer, Dwemer, Chimer, and Kynmer. I have slain some demons while serving others, and never the same twice. De'h vash arke vel rutaln." He paused as if snapping out of a trance, but continued. "Many men have fallen under my blade, but more still have fallen at my sides. I have no compassion for my enemies, because I know what is to become of them. I have buried friends, stronger than I, and I stand still." His voice rises in volume, but still speaks in the same calm tone. "The old gods look upon me with contempt and hate, the new ones with bitterness and fear; bitter that I am all that their predecessors wanted them to be. Fear that they may not be enough to strike me down. The Demons in my head? You know nothing of them, and they are far more dangerous than you think. Tevak S'tri nik Almasster."
"Know that I have seen what waits for strong men in the coming dark. No name I can carry serves me in that place. If I must be so named, call me Horizon, for I am the last comfort, the last line to cross, the last bastion to fall, before those devils come to collect their due. And from you, ignorant child, pious mage, from all of you, they will have much to collect."

Horizon looked past the wizard, into the eyes of the Demon. He smiled, the battlefield stretching out behind him. Horizon shook with rage, but fell silent, as the Wizard once again captured his attention.

Last edited by Bronymous on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 am

Rolf stared wide-eyed in fear as Horizon finished his speech. While Skitter may have been joking about his technique "rending souls asunder", it was clear that Horizon's speech was no laughing matter. He tried desperately to recall what little he had studied of demons, in an attempt to figure out the names and strange language that Horizon had used. But at the end, all he was left with was the armored man who had told him in all seriousness that demons were coming to "collect".

"Demons. Old gods and new gods. Horizon. Got it," Rolf said weakly. "Um, why don't you stay here and recuperate and, uh, I'll check on Lizzie and the dark cloaked man, okay? Okay." He quickly scrambled away from Horizon and opened the door to Lizzie's room, certain that whatever he found inside couldn't be as frightening as what he had just experienced.

Roll for Perception.

That. was. AWESOME. Good work, Bronymous. Oh, and I had a thought that could give us a clue to my curse once we meet back with the others.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next