Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 37 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 pm

How is that supposed to be mocking Skitter? He himself calls Kobolds dumb. He doesn't consider himself the same as them.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Well then he thinks its mocking him, even if it isn't really.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Uh...you can't dictate how my character thinks. From Skitter's viewpoint you're just mocking Kobolds, which is perfectly reasonable.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm

HORIZON thinks it's mocking him, even if it isn't.

Edit: New pics, one with (almost) helmet design, one with the cloaked outfit from earlier.
https://imgur.com/H9rvE,DSjak#0
protip: hit "next" on top left for other pic

Last edited by Bronymous on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 pm

With a shake of his head Zthulan follows Horizon.

If they speak in Draconic does that mean I can also read it as well? Or do they write in kobold?
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

"Well, that answers a few questions. We've still should check in further, see if there's some clues near the coffin or something. I say we continue."

Good designs, Bronymous. Of course, you now have to do that for ALL our characters now.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 am

The black cloaked version certainly gives the right feel to it.

Yeah, Kobolds speak and write draconic. Kinda weird for a bunch of morons to use the same language as where you find the most secret and dangerous magical lore. Kinda shocked they can understand it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 am

Lyntermas wrote:Good designs, Bronymous. Of course, you now have to do that for ALL our characters now.

Give me a description. Skin color, hair color, type/color of clothing/armor, etc.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Ramsus wrote:The black cloaked version certainly gives the right feel to it.

Yeah, Kobolds speak and write draconic. Kinda weird for a bunch of morons to use the same language as where you find the most secret and dangerous magical lore. Kinda shocked they can understand it.

According to the wiki...

In the 3rd edition of the game, kobolds are distantly related to dragons, and are often found serving them as minions. Kobolds speak a version of the Draconic tongue, with a yipping accent (their voices are said to resemble the sound of small dogs barking). Some also learn to speak Common, Goblin, Orcish, and Undercommon.

The written form of Draconic was originally developed by kobolds in the service of dragons, as dragons themselves see little reason to write.

Makes sense. I see no reason why the Kobolds would "unlearn" the knowledge/language of a noble (for reptiles, that is) race as dragons. Especially if they happen to worship and/or admire their big scaly relatives.

Bronymous wrote:New pics, one with (almost) helmet design, one with the cloaked outfit from earlier.
https://i.imgur.com/DSjak.png
Zilean's Revenge - Page 37 1204138-0vader_large

Just to be clear, no psionic and/or telekinetic abilities for Horizon. Ever. Enchanted swords are negotiable.

Is the gang done with this room, then?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Bronymous wrote:New pics, one with (almost) helmet design, one with the cloaked outfit from earlier.
https://i.imgur.com/DSjak.png
Zilean's Revenge - Page 37 1204138-0vader_large

Just to be clear, no psionic and/or telekinetic abilities for Horizon. Ever. Enchanted swords are negotiable.

Zilean's Revenge - Page 37 Darth_revan_by_hentiafan4432-d3dktcr
Bitch, Please.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Yeah, I think we're done with the room.

Originally developed by Kobolds...in service to dragons. And a lot of fancy wizard spells are stuff they find written in draconic (originally at least). Oh wow. I'm surprised more wizards don't die learning spells. Or that there aren't a ton of kobold wizards.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Ramsus wrote: Oh wow. I'm surprised more wizards don't die learning spells. Or that there aren't a ton of kobold wizards.

Well, I'm guessing that after the first wizards got their hands on it, they just sort of shared it amongst themselves. Darn piracy. As for kobold wizards, well, it's like elves in a coal mine: the riches are there, but they completely lack the skills to get to it.

But yeah, I think we're done with this room.

Bronymous wrote: Bitch, Please

...Aaand this is now my head-canon for what Horizon's helmet looks like.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Good. The original inspiration for the original mask that took the form of that helmet in this game was Revan's mask. Also, I'm dead serious about those descriptions. I can't find any form before, and now I really want to make them. I already made Skitter.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Why haven't you shown us that then?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

I was going to put them up as a group. I tried the others off the top of my head, but the clothes are maddening.

https://imgur.com/OX4mz
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:37 am

Before you ask Ramsus, no, you can't be Darth Yoda.

I'm fairly certain both those outfits would warrant your immediate arrest in any populated area. Or at the very least, a search warrant and the notice of every criminal/policing/bounty/assassination organization in the city.

Are you dressing up Rolf as Luke Skywalker/Han Solo next? Or Jeraylia as Leia?

Also, Lynt needs to make Star-Wars alt scripts now.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Zthulan is probably C3-PO if anything than.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Is that snake a ki focus shaped like a snake or.....just a snake? Either way, awesome addition.

Zarhon, I don't see how those outfits would be any more suspect than any other adventurers outfits. And we've already established that adventurers are a thing.

Also, clearly Skitter is Darth Sidious. Twisted Evil geek
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 pm

It's not my fault you see black cape and hood and immediately thing Sith Lord (...I do too). But that's what those two look like, and as soon as I can get a read on what the thers' clothing ACTUALLY looks like, I'm sure you will pick out traces of Solo and the Wookiee (Jeraylia) as well.

I'm just happy that they had a character model for a kobold, and that I didn't have to build one from scratch, like I will with Zthulan. And yes, it is just a snake.

I'm fairly certain both those outfits would warrant your immediate arrest in any populated area. Or at the very least, a search warrant and the notice of every criminal/policing/bounty/assassination organization in the city.

Maybe in this day and age, but in this day an age I'm pretty sure the sight of a Kobold would warrant more attention than what he's wearing.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Bronymous wrote:Maybe in this day and age, but in this day an age I'm pretty sure the sight of a Kobold would warrant more attention than what he's wearing.

Well, kobolds by themselves aren't unusual. They're already known for being used as runners/message senders and their presence is tolerated as most other races in the city (Though not without skepticism, stereotyping, racism or scorn, much like with Thieflings or other "evil" looking races). And they aren't that unusual, considering the presence of much more impressive humanoids such as the Dragonborn, Deva or Thieflings.

The kobolds themselves, however, aren't known for being rich: Seeing a kobold wearing fine jewelry, for example, doesn't send off the message that he's rich, so much as it sends a message that he's his ornaments used to belong to someone else a few minutes ago.

Zarhon, I don't see how those outfits would be any more suspect than any other adventurers outfits. And we've already established that adventurers are a thing.

Most adventurers don't look like they've just come from a cult/business meeting with one of the dark/death/eldritch gods.

Adventuring gear fits more to the rule of "fighting equipment, weird gadgets, cool outfits" and they generally don't look, well, evil, since it attracts the wrong kind of attention (Adventurers care about reputation, after all!). As for adventurers themselves, they aren't seen more than once or twice in normal occasions (they're a traveling bunch, or out on quests most of their time, as opposed to hanging around the city). Their huge presence today is due to the festival and copious amounts of beverages.

Horizon would stand out due to his outfit being designed to hide his face and the general suspicious nature of it. The kind of people that hide their face in public are the kind of people that tend to hide from authority or plan on doing crimes.

Skitter would stand out due to his eyes (though this can be dismissed as part of normal kobold genetics), his gear looking suspicious and ominous, and the fact that he has gear at all: Kobolds aren't known for being rich/well equipped, or dressing as such.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Zarhon wrote:Horizon would stand out due to his outfit being designed to hide his face and the general suspicious nature of it. The kind of people that hide their face in public are the kind of people that tend to hide from authority or plan on doing crimes.

Aha, but we've already established Horizon doesn't walk around in full gear on a daily basis. If you remember waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, He was wearing regular (granted, probably darker) clothing, not helmet or armor, and only his Kukri and a few pouches on his belt. When Skitter an Tiff were dragging those thugs to the guards, Horizon took the sack back to his room and geared up.

And what do our fashion choices have to to with walking into the next tunnel?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Zarhon, some problems with that argument.

First, knights and paladins and such wear helmets all the dang time.

Secondly "adventurers" include a lot of your anti-hero types who totally do go in for the dark and mysterious look.

Thirdly, Skitter's outfit isn't particularly sinister. It's a black cloak and leather. Neither of those things is "evil" by virtue of itself and if you would say people would treat that alone as being a reason to be suspicious of others, you're depicting a world of constant witch trials to the point of probably not managing to have wizards out in the open at all.

Fourthly, you can't really say all or even most adventurers care about their reputations. The entire point is that each character has different motivations. Some may care about fame and glory but, others might care just about doing good, or money, or finding arcane lore, or whatever.

Fifth, considering magic gear probably comes at least as much from random monster hoards and evil enemies as it does from wizard enchantment workshops, most adventurers are probably not clad in 100% "I am a goody goody" brand adventuring wear and probably have to deal with the occasional ridiculously dark and pointy helmet, skull paldrons, spider themed cloaks, werewolf feet boots, and so on. I would imagine any town that has even seen more than a single handful of adventurers would have figured out not to judge solely by appearances.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Zarhon wrote: Also, Lynt needs to make Star-Wars alt scripts now.

Rolf: I'm a young man with a head full of dreams. I go off on an adventure, but find tragedy and horrible villains.
Horizon: I'm a mercenary who happened to take a job that will end up saving everybody. I'm the guy that will shoot first, and I'm cooler than you'll ever be.
Skitter: I'm a strange little creature who used to hold a position of authority, but am now stuck in the boonies. I use mysterious powers, and I'm often deliberately obtuse with my answers.
Zthulan: I'm the gentleman who seems to be in over his head. I feel ill at ease with some of my less savory companions, and it seems I was made to suffer.
Jeraylia: I'm a woman with refined tastes. I would prefer solving problems with diplomacy, but I'm not afraid to shoot in my defense.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Zarhon wrote: Also, Lynt needs to make Star-Wars alt scripts now.

Rolf: I'm a young man with a head full of dreams. I go off on an adventure, but find tragedy and horrible villains.
Horizon: I'm a mercenary who happened to take a job that will end up saving everybody. I'm the guy that will shoot first, and I'm cooler than you'll ever be.
Ramsus: I'm a strange little creature who used to hold a position of authority, but am now stuck in the boonies. I use mysterious powers, and I'm often deliberately obtuse with my answers.
Zthulan: I'm the gentleman who seems to be in over his head. I feel ill at ease with some of my less savory companions, and it seems I was made to suffer.
Jeraylia: I'm a woman with refined tastes. I would prefer solving problems with diplomacy, but I'm not afraid to shoot in my defense.
Excuse me!?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Ha. Is Zthulan.... oh, 3PO. I was thinking Chewy for a minute.

Tiffany: Beeep whirr beep-boop beeep
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next