Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 40 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Hero Machine 3. It's an Alpha build, so it isn't finished yet. A bunch of options are missing or out of place, and have to be improvised. Case in point, Zthulan's head. I can either use a screeching Velociraptor, or I can do my best to improvise a reptilian/draconic head (which I did, not the prettiest). Forming clothing over non Human bodies, especially ones with poses, can be a nightmare as well.

I did finish Zthulan, but Imgur is being retarded, so I can't show him yet. I uploaded one pic, but it was cut off at the top. I moved some stuff around and tried uploading one that fits, but the site keeps uploading the original cut one- which I had deleted prior. I don't understand how or why it's doing that.

"Is this it?" Horizon says as he looks around at the damage and scorches. Magic explosion, probably. "Someone go touch it."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am

"...What concerns me is the cloth. Think about it: Kobolds find coffin. Kobolds undo traps and unlock coffin. Zilean busts out of coffin and starts shooting fireballs everywhere, killing everyone. And then...Zilean goes back and puts a non-burnt piece of cloth over his coffin? Why?"

He looks over at the surroundings. Another blast could break the last support pillar and collapse the soil on top of them. "Everyone stay back and get toward the entrance. I'm going to pull that cloth off the coffin with Mage Hand, and I want everyone ready to run in case he put an explosive rune on it or something for laughs."

Once everyone had gathered at the entrance to the room, Rolf cast Mage Hand and pulled the cloth away from the rectangular object.

Roll for Mage Hand (if necessary) and Perception on the cloth and revealed coffin (assuming nothing horrible happens.

Bronymous, Rolf's description: Brown hair, blue eyes, about 5'9". Greyish clothes, look more like rouge or mercenary wear, has a cudgel hanging from his belt, which have several pouches. Now that he's got a few wands, he might have them somewhere on his person (not to mention his fancy glove). He is clean shaven, and his face...well, let's try for adult Neville Longbottom.

However, let's just say that if we ever go to Master Nester's place, Rolf may be required to wear...something else in exchange for free assistance.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:27 am

NO WAIT I FORGOT TO TAKE MY HELMET OFF! This would have been the perfect setup for "HDSS: One More Again".

Lyntermas wrote:Bronymous, Rolf's description: Brown hair, blue eyes, about 5'9". Greyish clothes, look more like rouge or mercenary wear, has a cudgel hanging from his belt, which have several pouches. Now that he's got a few wands, he might have them somewhere on his person (not to mention his fancy glove). He is clean shaven, and his face...well, let's try for adult Neville Longbottom.

However, let's just say that if we ever go to Master Nester's place, Rolf may be required to wear...something else in exchange for free assistance.

Hooray, more grey. I'll try for God Face, but I make no promises.

Zarhon, that "something else" is prime for exploitation. I vote Bunny Girl costume.

Edit: Figured out the problem. Just wow. Anyway, here's the closest thing to Zthulan I could come up with, complete with almost-Koras.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 am

Bronymous wrote: Zarhon, that "something else" is prime for exploitation. I vote Bunny Girl costume.

Oh, no. I'm not leaving it open to interpretation. I'm just not telling you. I'll PM Zarhon what it is, if he's really interested.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 am

See now, look at that. Gave me an actual description and I finished Rolf in record time.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 am

Why you guys got to be so awesome.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Bronymous wrote:See now, look at that. Gave me an actual description and I finished Rolf in record time.

...How...you got the cudgel and wands and...I must say, I'm quite impressed.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

The "Items" section is fairly complete on it (no wands, but a resized sword blade and resized scepter work fairly well). If it weren't for the clothing thing, I would have had dozens of other characters made just to hold those weapons alone- swords, staves, scythes, exotics, EXTREMELY detailed firearms. This thing is really neat.

Protip: You should link those in the Character list on Page 1 so we know where to find them.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Rolf pulls the cloth off the object. A rather large, ornate and very regal coffin lies before you. It is made of shiny silver, but has no handles for carrying it, or any decorations. Many intricate runes, pulsing occasionally with magic, cover its surface. On the center of the lid is a very large slab of some unknown metal, fused to the coffin, with some kind of engraving on it. The edges separating the lid from the rest of the coffin appear to be bolted in several places, as well as secured by devices resembling locks, with no apparent keyhole. The coffin's closed, oval lid is facing you, the whole coffin apparently positioned on it side, like a sarcophagus that was pushed over sideways.

Perception rolls:

Horizon notes the following:
- The lid is sealed shut, securely and firmly, and doesn't seem to have been tampered with.
- The coffin appears too heavy to move and does not seem to have been moved from this position, judging from the markings on the ground. It most likely fell from the roof.
- Something is very faintly glowing where the coffin's backside is. You can't see what from here, as the backside isn't facing you.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Bet money there's a big shiny hole in the back, that the priests that sealed him in didn't put any protection on because it was on the ground and they couldn't reach it. Diggers hit it, it fell, tumbled onto its side, magic 'splosion out the back. Bet.

"Moment of truth..." Horizon walks around to the back of the coffin, Kukri in one hand and an Alchemist's Fire in the other- ready for anything.

Actually, if there is a big shiny hole in the back, then let's have Horizon tell them the above stated theory. If not, then we'll work on it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm

"Horizon, there is a safer way..." With a gesture he lets Koras to fly by Horizon's side to both defend and if need be, take a hit.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 am

Horizon continues around to the back of the coffin. "I thought it was clear that 'safety' is of little concern for me. If I wanted safe, I'd be topside hiding in my room until the bad guys went away." He looks at the coffin, and then, almost as an afterthought, removes his helmet. Dropping to a knee, he examines it more closely.

Same as before; if hole, copypasta escape theory.

Last edited by Bronymous on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:40 am

Jeraylia stands at the ready, equipped with bandages. If someone wants to jump head first in, well that's their choice. She'll stand a safe distance away from the potentially magically trapped coffin that probably killed that whole bunch of kobolds, thankyouverymuch.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Skitter mentally prepares to have to kill a mind-controlled Horizon.... mostly by enjoying the prospect.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Perception:

Horizon inspects the backside of the coffin. This side of the coffin isn't covered in runes and is plain. The surface appears scratched, dented and damaged by multiple impacts. An amorphous hole, about the size of a small shield, appears to have been punched through from the outside inwards. Within the hole emanates a glow, but you cannot see of what. The inside of the coffin appears to be lacking any of the usual padding a coffin of this quality would have. The end of a long, thin metallic chain is peeking out of the hole, the majority of it inside the coffin, trailing towards whatever is causing the glowing inside the coffin.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 am

Hmmm, reworking.

"Ok, so, this is what happened. The ones who built this coffin lacked foresight and common sense, and didn't put any protection on the underside- probably because it was facing the dirt and no one was getting out that way. In come some Kobold diggers, who hit the bottom of the tomb. The coffin falls through, lands on its side. The big slab, locks and runes on the lid "discouraged" them from trying to open it from that side, probably by blowing half of them to hell when they tried. One of them got smart, took a peek at the soft underbelly, smashed it in, and got the rest of them killed. So the only answer left is..." Horizon gives them all a serious look, before grinning, "Is what is this chain attached to?" Without hesitation he grabs it and yanks it, hard.

Horizon Does Something Stupid: Part Awesome- Yankin' Your Chain. This should be fun.

-------

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=311
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40