Unicorn talents

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Unicorn talents

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Honestly, I'm not sure what the ruling should be on this. In real life a pony weighs around 800 lbs. Any thoughts folks?
Right, but these are "ponies," not ponies.
They are comprised of three major traits: My, Little, and Pony.
Firstly, My. Our ponies are supposed to be like humans. That would suggest they weigh close to our weight (100-200 lbs).
Secondly, Little. They're probably smaller than real ponies. I've seen sizes between 2 1/2 feet to just under 5. I... don't recall off hand how that relates to real ponies, but I'm sure it would cut their weight down quite a bit.
And, of course, they're Ponies. That means they should have a weight either equivalent to a real pony, or they've been scaled down.
If you put them at 150 lbs, they'd be about 3/16 the weight of a real pony. If I bungle the square-cube law, that suggests they'd be about half as tall. Anyone got numbers for that?
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Er, Twilight can teleport to places she can't see but is familiar with.

She also *might* not be a level 1 character. Wink

Plus, remember that this system isn't just meant to mirror the show - it's to create a fun and balanced roleplaying experience. If a pony does something overpowered in the show, or something that would break a roleplaying system, we shouldn't necessarily include it in Pony Tales. I don't think we want to let players teleport back home out of jails, dungeons or what-have you at will.

Masterweaver wrote:As for the weight issue... teleportation seems to work on more of a volume basis then a mass basis. You could teleport a pillow and a turkey with equal ease, they're about the same size, but teleporting a pillow is harder then teleporting a sword, even though the sword's heavier.

I think we're talking about Ponykinesis.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 pm

...you can just edit a post.
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:24 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:
Honestly, I'm not sure what the ruling should be on this. In real life a pony weighs around 800 lbs. Any thoughts folks?
Right, but these are "ponies," not ponies.
They are comprised of three major traits: My, Little, and Pony.
Firstly, My. Our ponies are supposed to be like humans. That would suggest they weigh close to our weight (100-200 lbs).
Secondly, Little. They're probably smaller than real ponies. I've seen sizes between 2 1/2 feet to just under 5. I... don't recall off hand how that relates to real ponies, but I'm sure it would cut their weight down quite a bit.
And, of course, they're Ponies. That means they should have a weight either equivalent to a real pony, or they've been scaled down.
If you put them at 150 lbs, they'd be about 3/16 the weight of a real pony. If I bungle the square-cube law, that suggests they'd be about half as tall. Anyone got numbers for that?

Very good points. 150-200 lbs sounds about right.

Masterweaver wrote:...you can just edit a post.

Yep, I accidentally double-posted. Believe it or not, I do have the capacity to make mistakes. Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 pm

SimpleZen wrote:The line of thought on the Teleportation utility actually brought up a character creation issue. Who'd a thunk? What I'm getting it is how much does a pony weigh? I bring this up because of the potential combo of Master Ponykinesis, the theoretical Teleportation, with maybe Precise Ponykinesis. A 100lb is a lot, but is it enough for a fully grown pony?

Well, it's hard to say, since for all we know the ponies are the size of fleas. Assuming that they're closer to typical sizes, though, I should think typical weight would also apply. Heck, even if they're only half the weight, that still won't work.
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Teleport - 5/Day
Preparation Time: 30 Seconds
You or target ally can teleport to a location up to 25 feet away. You must be able to clearly see the location you're trying to teleport to.
Yes, that's quite a bit more elegant than what I came up with. I like it, with one reservation*. Does it have any sort of skill check, or is it just an automatic success? (I prefer the latter, but wasn't sure if it would be too overpowered which is why I added the skill checks.)

*The only suggestion I'd make would be to increase the range somewhat. Per the discussion on Pony size, 25 feet is probably like the width of an average house or less, which doesn't seem very "tele" to me. But then your comment about Twilight not necessarily being a level 1 character got me thinking: when leveling up is implemented, could we see something like additional utility talents become available that improve existing abilities? I'd love to see something like “Increases the range of Teleport to 100 feet.” or “Allows you to teleport up to 5 additional ponies/creatures.” If something like that is the case, I'd be fine with it the way it is with the option of improvement at a higher level. Otherwise, 25 feet just feels kinda...short. Thoughts?

Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MirrorImage on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Philadelphus wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Teleport - 5/Day
You or target ally can teleport to a location up to 25 feet away. You must be able to clearly see the location you're trying to teleport to.
Yes, that's quite a bit more elegant than what I came up with. I like it, with one reservation*. Does it have any sort of skill check, or is it just an automatic success? (I prefer the latter, but wasn't sure if it would be too overpowered which is why I added the skill checks.)

*The only suggestion I'd make would be to increase the range somewhat. Per the discussion on Pony size, 25 feet is probably like the width of an average house or less, which doesn't seem very "tele" to me. But then your comment about Twilight not necessarily being a level 1 character got me thinking: when leveling up is implemented, could we see something like additional utility talents become available that improve existing abilities? I'd love to see something like “Increases the range of Teleport to 100 feet.” or “Allows you to teleport up to 5 additional ponies/creatures.” If something like that is the case, I'd be fine with it the way it is with the option of improvement at a higher level. Otherwise, 25 feet just feels kinda...short. Thoughts?

Teleportation: 5*/Day
You or target ally can teleport up to 25 feet away. You can expend additional uses to increase this range by 25 feet per use. You can expend a Magic Point to double the range. You must be able to clearly see or be very familiar with the target location.

(Because Twilight was able to teleport to inside her tree, so it stands to reason that you basically need to know that you're not going to teleport inside of something). And by using all 5 uses at once, you'd go about the length of a city block then, yes?
MirrorImage
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:43 pm

New talent idea!

I've Read A Lot About It or Egghead – 2/day
You may add +3 to a skill check in a skill that you have neither training nor a cutie mark in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MirrorImage wrote:Teleportation: 5*/Day
You or target ally can teleport up to 25 feet away. You can expend additional uses to increase this range by 25 feet per use. You can expend a Magic Point to double the range. You must be able to clearly see or be very familiar with the target location.

(Because Twilight was able to teleport to inside her tree, so it stands to reason that you basically need to know that you're not going to teleport inside of something). And by using all 5 uses at once, you'd go about the length of a city block then, yes?
I like the idea of expending additional uses (maybe call them something else, like "charges"?) at a time to go farther, and I had toyed with the idea of a Magic Point doubling the range myself. So with all uses and a Magic point as an extreme measure you could go 250 feet? I like it.
I do agree with Stairc though that it should be only to places you can clearly see to prevent abuse (“Is the prison within 250 feet of my house?”) and arguments about what your character is "very familiar" with. Maybe a higher-level talent could add the ability to go places sight unseen.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Philadelphus wrote:New talent idea!

You may add +3 to a skill check in a skill that you have neither training nor a cutie mark in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MirrorImage wrote:Teleportation: 5*/Day

I like the idea of expending additional uses (maybe call them something else, like "charges"?) at a time to go farther, and I had toyed with the idea of a Magic Point doubling the range myself. So with all uses and a Magic point as an extreme measure you could go 250 feet? I like it.
I do agree with Stairc though that it should be only to places you can clearly see to prevent abuse (“Is the prison within 250 feet of my house?”) and arguments about what your character is "very familiar" with. Maybe a higher-level talent could add the ability to go places sight unseen.

I like Egghead the name, as well as the thing associated with it, but I'd move it to Everypony; unicorns don't have the monoploy on reading, after all.

No comment on the teleportation, though. I'm still formulating my opinions on the matter.
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:41 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:New talent idea!

I like Egghead the name, as well as the thing associated with it, but I'd move it to Everypony; unicorns don't have the monoploy on reading, after all.
That's an excellent point, I'll post it over in the everypony thread.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Teleportation - 5/Day
You or target ally can teleport to a location up to 30 feet away. You must be able to clearly see the location you wish to teleport to. You may expend additional uses of this power to increase this range by 30 feet per use, or expend a Magic Point to increase the range of this power to 60 feet for the next five minutes.

I think this is nice and solid. We can use later level options to teleport to places you can't see.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Looks good to me.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Zarhon wrote:Force Field - Daily
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Conjures a mostly-transparent spherical force field around a location, object or creature, preventing others from passing through. You may assign at the start of the spell which objects or creatures can cause the force field to automatically open a small gap for, allowing them entry or exit. Other creatures can enter or exit the force field through these openings as well. You can also manipulate the force field yourself, opening holes in it. The field lasts 10 minutes on its own, but it can be manually maintained (Precision check) for up to 4 hours by the caster. The field is large enough to encompass a small building. It cannot be repositioned after it is cast. If cast in the air, it floats, immobile. The field forms around other solid objects, wrapping around them, or stopping if it is blocked (e.g. it forms a semicircle on the ground, and you can dig under it). Air can pass through the shield, allowing for breathing. The field can shatter if enough force is applied to it. Size is irrelevant for shield durability: All shields can take the same amount of force. It can be broken instantly by a very powerful projectile (e.g. getting hit by a cannon-fired Tom), or gradually weakened and eventually shatter from repeated forces (e.g. Pony with a sledgehammer). A caster can maintain a shield while it's being assaulted to keep it repaired and stable: this requires a precision check, depending on the assaulting force. The shield can be partially disrupted by anything that can disrupt magic. The shield can roughly take between 1000-2000lbs (Roughly a ton, half a ton).

Made a shorter version of the description, as per Stairc's request.

Force Field - Daily
Sustainable Force: 1000-2000lbs
Duration: 10 mins - 4 hours (sustained with check)
Size: Small building
Conjure a spherical, semi-transparent force field at a chosen location, that only you and chosen creatures can enter and exit at will. Holes open for allies and allow others to enter, or can be opened at will. It is considered under the effect of the "Immovable" talent once cast. The shield allows for breathing and can be dug under (if it is on the ground). It will shatter if hit by an object of more than 2000lbs of force, or under repeated attacks. Caster can maintain the shield's duration and repair it from damage with a precision check. If its magic is disrupted, only the affected areas of the shield become disrupted. It is blocked by solid objects in it's cast zone.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:20 am

New talent time!

Zip it! - 3/day
You magically zip a creatures mouth shut, preventing them from talking (other than quiet mumbling) or opening their mouth for 3 minutes. You can also use this ability to re-roll a failed persuasion check of an ally, allowing yourself or another ally to roll again in their place.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Unicorn Talent: Lengthy Explanation. Magic
Time: 7 minutes
Gives a +2 bonus to any knowledge roll of another party member in a skill you have more than 7 in. -1 sanity to that Player Pony (If sanity is in effect).
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 am

Clever idea with Lengthy Explanation, but I still want to stay away from utility talents that give skill boosts for now. We already have a LOT of them.

Zip It is interesting though. Could definitely have uses.

Edit - How could I miss that the Force-field talent got a great rewrite?!

Force Field - Daily
Duration: 10 mins - 4 hours (sustained with check)
Size: Small building
Conjure a spherical, semi-transparent force field at a chosen location, that only you and chosen creatures can enter and exit at will. Holes open for allies and allow others to enter, or can be opened at will. It is considered under the effect of the "Immovable" talent once cast. The shield allows for breathing and can be dug under (if it is on the ground). It will shatter if hit by an object of more than 2000lbs of force, or under repeated attacks. Caster can maintain the shield's duration and repair it from damage with a precision check. If its magic is disrupted, only the affected areas of the shield become disrupted. It is blocked by solid objects in it's cast zone.

Much, much, much improved Zarhorn. Great job. It just needs a bit of polishing (for example, telling a DM that 2000lbs of force can shatter it is nice - but telling them what the DC is helps a lot more).

Force Field - Daily
Duration: 10 mins - 4 hours (if sustained with constant concentration)
Size: 100-feet diameter
Conjure a spherical, semi-transparent force field at a chosen location, that only you and chosen creatures can enter and exit at will. Holes open for allies and allow others to enter, or can be opened at will. It is considered under the effect of the "Immovable" talent once cast. The shield allows for breathing and can be dug under (if it is on the ground). When cast, the user makes an Arcana check - which becomes the DC for shattering the force field (stunts and arcana checks using the 'it's witchcraft' ability can attempt to break this DC).

Something like that. Notice the change in size too. I'd like to include a way to expand the force field to the size shining armor did too - but that might be only for higher level options or increased utility talents. After all, I'd say Shining Armor is a level 8, 9 or 10 PC.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Much, much, much improved Zarhorn. Great job. It just needs a bit of polishing (for example, telling a DM that 2000lbs of force can shatter it is nice - but telling them what the DC is helps a lot more).

Biggest problems I'm having (apart from being verbose) is gauging how big or small a DC for a theoretical skill should be, and how far players or the DM are allowed to affect it (Static check, with or without "DMs discretion"?), considering the wide range of uses and conditions the talents will be under. Usually I try to leave "realistic" or "example" values and let the DMs decide what the DC is based on all the factors, to ensure fairness and possibly motivate creative players.

Scale, weight and distance are a trouble of their own as well, considering they need to be all balanced: Some of the things are impossible to reference or value. How far does a gas cloud expand outdoors? What size is Twilight's house, for force field scale purposes? How big is a pony vs a buffalo, and how heavy are they?

That, and the pony handbook uses values that are hard for me to work with: lbs/pounds/feet/yards VS grams/kilograms/centimeters/meters.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Zarhon wrote:Biggest problems I'm having (apart from being verbose) is gauging how big or small a DC for a theoretical skill should be, and how far players or the DM are allowed to affect it (Static check, with or without "DMs discretion"?), considering the wide range of uses and conditions the talents will be under. Usually I try to leave "realistic" or "example" values and let the DMs decide what the DC is based on all the factors, to ensure fairness and possibly motivate creative players.

Realism is great, but it's hard to translate 2000 lbs of 'force' into DCs. Have you taken a look at the pony-handler's guide? There's a section on how to set DCs.

Zarhon wrote:Scale, weight and distance are a trouble of their own as well, considering they need to be all balanced: Some of the things are impossible to reference or value. How far does a gas cloud expand outdoors? What size is Twilight's house, for force field scale purposes? How big is a pony vs a buffalo, and how heavy are they?

Yeah, it's wicked hard to balance those things in advance. Hence why I try to keep to DCs and let DMs apply modifiers in their game. It tends to make life a lot easier.

Zarhon wrote:That, and the pony handbook uses values that are hard for me to work with: lbs/pounds/feet/yards VS grams/kilograms/centimeters/meters.

Even more reason to focus on DCs for now. Don't worry about it, you have a ton of kick-ass creative concepts. The main issue right now is the streamlining and simplifying talents. I can take care of weight measurements if need be. It's great to have you on board. Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Turn the clock -2/day
You roll time backwards to before you made a failed check, up to two minutes in the past, allowing you to repeat or abandon the check. Repeating the check rolls the same result as before (this includes rolls for assisting allies), but adds a +3 bonus to it. Allies that were not present for the "original" check can join the "repeated" check, and must roll confirmation as normal. Your character cannot benefit from any in-character knowledge gained from the time trip, unless Out-Of-Character abilities are used.

Example: DC 15, you roll a 12. You turn back clock, and if you repeat, you get 12 + 3 = 15, passing the check. If they rolled 9 in another situation, they'd end up with a total of 9 + 3 = 12, which wouldn't be enough to pass (and the player should probably abandon it). HOWEVER, at that point an ally could help them pass it, provided they haven't been part of the "original" check.

Temporal message - 1 / Session [Magic]
Prerequisite: Turn the clock
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Requires materials: 1 x Dragon nail-clipping/scale/tooth, 1x jar of liquid rainbow, 1x Unicorn horn-tip, 30lbs of gems, 1x Essence of Harmony.
Duration: 2 min
You contemplate sending message through time to yourself, in order to aid your quest in the future. As you do so, you are suddenly visited by yourself from the future. They verbally relay an important message, hint, or piece of information within the spells duration, before vanishing back to their time. The message is recited by the DM, and must be relevant and useful to the player for the current session.

Relaying the message has its price, however. If the player does not successfully cast the spell at some point during the following session, they will create a temporal paradox, causing cosmic retribution from the DM. To do so, they must gather all the materials required for the spell, and the time traveler must be uninterrupted for the required preparation time. The DM must allow for all materials to be obtainable in some way to allow the spell to be cast. The DM can extend or shorten the required time for the spell to be cast, depending on need. The spell can only be cast AFTER the relayed message is properly utilized. There cannot be multiple "temporal messages" in effect at any given time.

The materials required are:
- Dragon nail-clipping, claw, or tooth: Any one of these can be obtained from any kind of dragon.
- Jar of liquid rainbow: This can be collected by a pegasus from any rainbow, or from a liquid rainbow pool/stream.
- Unicorn horn-tip: Clipped from a unicorn. It re-grows after 24 hours, or sooner, with treatment. Tip-less unicorns flip a coin for every spell they do, except ponykinesis. Flipping tails causes the spell to fail. This penalty does not apply to casting "Temporal message"
- 30lbs of gems: Any gems serve for this purpose.
- Essence of harmony: This is collected from a player who hasn't used their element of harmony ability during that session yet. Collecting it prevents use of the ability for a day.

Last edited by Zarhon on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Zarhon wrote:Turn the clock -2/day
You roll time backwards to before you made a failed check, up to two minutes in the past, allowing you to repeat or abandon the check. Repeating the check rolls the same result as before (this includes rolls for assisting allies), but adds a +3 bonus to it. Allies that were not present for the "original" check can join the "repeated" check, and must roll confirmation as normal. Your character cannot benefit from any in-character knowledge gained from the time trip, unless Out-Of-Character abilities are used.

Example: DC 15, you roll a 12. You turn back clock, and if you repeat, you get 12 + 3, passing the check. If they rolled 9, they get a +12 bonus, at which point an ally could help them pass it, provided they haven't been part of the "original" check.

Temporal message - 1 / Session [Magic]
Prerequisite: Turn the clock
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Requires materials: 1 x Dragon nail-clipping/scale/tooth, 1x jar of liquid rainbow, 1x Unicorn horn-tip, 30lbs of gems, 1x Essence of Harmony.
Duration: 2 min
You contemplate sending message through time to yourself, in order to aid your quest in the future. As you do so, you are suddenly visited by yourself from the future. They verbally relay an important message, hint, or piece of information within the spells duration, before vanishing back to their time. The message is recited by the DM, and must be relevant and useful to the player for the current session.

Relaying the message has its price, however. If the player does not successfully cast the spell at some point during the following session, they will create a temporal paradox, causing cosmic retribution from the DM. To do so, they must gather all the materials required for the spell, and the time traveler must be uninterrupted for the required preparation time. The DM must allow for all materials to be obtainable in some way to allow the spell to be cast. The DM can extend or shorten the required time for the spell to be cast, depending on need. The spell can only be cast AFTER the relayed message is properly utilized. There cannot be multiple "temporal messages" in effect at any given time.

The materials required are:
- Dragon nail-clipping, claw, or tooth: Any one of these can be obtained from any kind of dragon.
- Jar of liquid rainbow: This can be collected by a pegasus from any rainbow, or from a liquid rainbow pool/stream.
- Unicorn horn-tip: Clipped from a unicorn. It re-grows after 24 hours, or sooner, with treatment. Tip-less unicorns flip a coin for every spell they do, except ponykinesis. Flipping tails causes the spell to fail. This penalty does not apply to casting "Temporal message"
- 30lbs of gems: Any gems serve for this purpose.
- Essence of harmony: This is collected from a player who hasn't used their element of harmony ability during that session yet. Collecting it prevents use of the ability for a day.

Temporal Message I like!
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Temporal Message I like!

I've been thinking that the players could also be given a chance to "reenact" the temporal message (Requiring them to remember details of the message, and what was said). If they mimic it well enough, the DM gives them a magic point as a reward (unless that is too OP?).
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Let's stay far away from talents adding extra magic points. Too many magic points and the system's difficulty can collapse - plus the Magic abilities stop being special.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm trying to rehash my "Babble" thing.

Enchanted Explanation [Magic]
Time: 30 minutes
You effortlessly explain something in a broad spectrum of ideas using an assortment of complex words. If used with a player, the explanation gives a +2 bonus for the rest of the session in a skill related to that subject, according to the DM's discretion. If used against a NPP, that pony is distracted and gets a -5 to perception checks against anything other than the caster.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

LoganAura wrote:I'm trying to rehash my "Babble" thing.

Enchanted Explanation [Magic]
Time: 30 minutes
You effortlessly explain something in a broad spectrum of ideas using an assortment of complex words. If used with a player, the explanation gives a +2 bonus for the rest of the session in a skill related to that subject, according to the DM's discretion. If used against a NPP, that pony is distracted and gets a -5 to perception checks against anything other than the caster.

Hmm... Like the flavor, and the skill check effects might work well if it's tied to a Magic Point - since it undermines one potential skill bonus for another. Some version of this might well be great.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Turn the clock -2/day

Example: DC 15, you roll a 12. You turn back clock, and if you repeat, you get 12 + 3, passing the check. If they rolled 9, they get a +12 bonus, at which point an ally could help them pass it, provided they haven't been part of the "original" check.

I'm confused. Where does this roll of 9 and the bonus of +12 come from? From the description, this is what I understand of the power. You make a roll, and either fail or don't like the result. If you fail, you can add a +3 to your original roll (not making a new roll), and anyone not part of the original roll can get a chance to assist. If you don't like the result, you can choose to not make the check.

Does this include combat talents in which the flavor has the character casting a spell?

It says you can collect it from a player who hasn't used it that session, but that it prevents the use for a day. One session can run multiple days, so this is a little inconsistent.
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next