Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 2 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 am

That's not official so we're not using that, right?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 2 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:21 am

I think that's... I dunno. Cardbo's guess of Sanity Points is probably it, though. And we're using all sorts of not-quite-official stuff here anyway, so why not Sanity Points?

In any event, Blackhawk's a cool character, a hippogriff, and you're not currently in a game, so you're in!

...actually, I don't have the patience to wait any longer, so everyone who's applied is in, and there will be no more applications. That gives us five people. That's a good size party, right? Razz
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 am

Yes, Sanity Points. I don't think we're using them so but wanted to include them

1) Just in case we do
2) Just in case I want to use the character somewhere else.

I admit number 2 is incredibly lazy of me, I mean it's like six button presses but

EDIT: Okay then apparently we are using sanity points and I am last person pony being, neat!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 am

Make the campaign and let's roll. ^^

But let's not use sanity points. I don't like that very much.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 am

Demonu wrote:Make the campaign and let's roll. ^^

But let's not use sanity points. I don't like that very much.

Will do ASAP. Very Happy And yes, I can do without Sanity Points. I had honestly not thought of using them before they came up just now, so there's no huge loss in giving them up. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:53 am

Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:20 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:

It should be fine. One of the moderators will probably notice and move it.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 am

If I wanted to make a Perception check to size up the other players, and Mr. Unicorn-called-us-here, would you prefer one encompassing Perception roll or one for each individual being in the room?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:If I wanted to make a Perception check to size up the other players, and Mr. Unicorn-called-us-here, would you prefer one encompassing Perception roll or one for each individual being in the room?

Ms. Unicorn, first off, and one roll should do fine.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes, I am aware that the organization we are stepping into likely has ways of confirming Starlight's identity as non-changeling, but Blackhawk isn't.

Also: man, I walked right into that racial tension thing, didn't I? I mean, I knew it was going to probably come up, what with the huge hint bone I tossed for Warrior to pick up, but what I didn't expect was for you to pick it up, Quietkal. Razz

Which isn't to say you should drop it or anything. Merely an off-hand comment about how I wasn't expecting that.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Is it too late for a new character to join? Because. I thought this one really did look nice, both in characters and plot. Unfortunately, since you just descended into the Luna Cave, a new character would probably have to already be a member, which might strain the plot atad.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:00 pm

If you make your character already a member of the Night Agents, I can actually fit you in very well. You can be the one experienced member the Agents can spare. That's all I've got that would work, unfortunately, but since you're not in a game yet and you asked nicely, I figured I'd offer.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Also: man, I walked right into that racial tension thing, didn't I? I mean, I knew it was going to probably come up, what with the huge hint bone I tossed for Warrior to pick up, but what I didn't expect was for you to pick it up, Quietkal. Razz
Well, I imagine most griffins are like "whatevs" about hippogriffs, but Kal's kinda racist against everyone. Except griffins, they're super cool (except Gilda, what with that outburst in Ponyville).
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Well, I imagine most griffins are like "whatevs" about hippogriffs, but Kal's kinda racist against everyone. Except griffins, they're super cool (except Gilda, what with that outburst in Ponyville).

I completely understand and quite agree; as I said before, it's not like I want you dropping the mini-plotline or anything. It's good, it's logical, it's just not what I was expecting. pirat
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 am

Double post to make sure Warrior sees this:

I don't really blame you since it was in a spoiler but I believe you missed my Perception check. Either that or you're planning on PMing me the results since I'm the only one, logically, who should get access to that information.

But just in case it's the first one, have a post. Wink
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:If you make your character already a member of the Night Agents, I can actually fit you in very well. You can be the one experienced member the Agents can spare. That's all I've got that would work, unfortunately, but since you're not in a game yet and you asked nicely, I figured I'd offer.

Thanks so much for this, but due to late-night exhaustion and the coffee wearing off, I can't get a character up for at least seven hours. I really hope this doesn't affect you.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Appkes wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:If you make your character already a member of the Night Agents, I can actually fit you in very well. You can be the one experienced member the Agents can spare. That's all I've got that would work, unfortunately, but since you're not in a game yet and you asked nicely, I figured I'd offer.

Thanks so much for this, but due to late-night exhaustion and the coffee wearing off, I can't get a character up for at least seven hours. I really hope this doesn't affect you.
At the very least, could you tell what kind of character? The race I mean.

I think a Minotaur would be cool because then we would have all the non-pony races and a Minotaur field commander just seems so... appropriate.

Anyway, feel free to disregard the above. It's your character and you're free to do with it whatever you want ^^
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Appkes wrote:

*shrug* I'm pretty sure I can delay your unveiling until you've actually made the character. For one thing, everyone gets to argue about which mission they'd prefer for a while. XD
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 pm

I was going to plump for Minotaur in any case. I just love them so.

Basics- mid-hight, stocky build, especially legs, wears the standard uniform, and is LOUD.

And now I must go, or spend a second night running asleep on the keyboard. Ta!

Edit: bah, can't find any decent Minotaur utility talents. Guess I'll make do with the Everypony ones.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:43 am

[center]
Sorry so much for double-posting, but the "Edit" button isn't working. Here's a draft of my character.

Barabus Thorn
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:44 am

Appkes wrote:Edit: bah, can't find any decent Minotaur utility talents. Guess I'll make do with the Everypony ones.
There aren't any Minotaur utility talents yet. Kind of what makes people more likely to create a pony character because those have more options

And you need to change the settings on that google docs so that everyone with the link can access it. That can be changed when clicking the share button. Because right now, it's still set on private and we can't see it.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:27 am

Not my decision of course, but I'm all for this. From what I can tell, it's Appkes' first time, and it's mine too, so this campaign will get us some experience.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 am

Barabus is in! I like him! But you might want to figure out his second Freaky Knowledge boost; all I see is Intimidation.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:57 am

Appkes wrote:Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up.
Looks good but there's something missing: Freaky Knowledge gives you 2 fields of expertise and you've only included 1 (Intimidation)

But I do like the idea of a Minotaur being trained in stealth ^^

@ The Warrior of Many Faces:

I'm switching Dextor's training from Persuasion to Streetsmarts and I'm also changing The Stare to Derp.
Because it seems all my characters are heavily Persuasion based and I'd like to try something different.
It also fits the idea better of Dextor having a lot of potential but due to being young, not yet certain how to access said potential ^^

(Originally, I was going to take Brew Potion but there's no official version of that yet with any specifications.
Spoiler:
So I'm sticking with official talents for convenience sake Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next