Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 2 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:32 pm

"Wow..." Was all that Dextor could mutter when he felt the floor descending.

'This is so cool. Like in the movies of Con Mane, secrect agent colt. Oh boy, Starlight? Head of the Night Agents? And she wants me to be a deputy? Yes yes yes yes yes yes...
No no, calm down, Dextor. Play it cool. Be suave. Okay, what would they expect from me at a time like this? An introduction? No, that would only serve to form a bond and Celestia knows spies cant have those. Nothing of that "Leave me and save yourselves" cliché from the movies. Maybe I should settle on a code name? Ooh ooh, like in Resevoir Colts! I could be mister black. Oh no wait, I guess the zebra would be mister black. Or would that be racist? 'Cause the whole "Zebras are black creatures with white stripes" thingy. No no, can't call him mister black. I know, he'll be mister grey! Yeah, go for the middle ground. The earth pony would be mister yellow, because he's yellow and smells like cheese. The hippogriff could be mister brown. But what about the griffon? White? For his feathers? And then I'll be mister black. Because that sounds cool. Yeah, cool... Oh crap, what if they expect me to be some high class spy? I don't even have a trademark drink yet! I'm too young to drink! Quick, think of something. Anything!'

"Hot chocolate."

The group turned their heads at the sound of Dextor saying this, as it's not really the kind of thing somepony would say when they're descending down an elevator.

"Shaken, not stirred." Dextor said in his most classy sounding voice. Which apparently was so classy, it had dumbstruck everypony.

"So," he continued, "what are we doing exactly?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Demonu wrote:
"Hot chocolate."

The group turned their heads at the sound of Dextor saying this, as it's not really the kind of thing somepony would say when they're descending down an elevator.

"Shaken, not stirred." Dextor said in his most classy sounding voice. Which apparently was so classy, it had dumbstruck everypony.

Zebulon had to bite his tounge and collect his thoughts to prevent himself from saying something judgmental.

Quietkal wrote:
"Err...will we be compensated for our efforts, or is this a 'the good of your country is its own reward' sort of thing?"

Cardbo wrote:
"Aside from that, I've got two questions. Why us, and what now? I personally don't mind being deputized. Some of my customer base has been acting a bit -odd- at the moment."

These other questions quite interested Zebulon - he was known more as a healer than an adventurer; why not call on someone better off? He had enough issues keeping his shack together, so he hoped there would be some form of recompense beyond feeling good - Equestria was nice enough but he wasn't a native.

"We saw your spell, which checks if form is true; but when we look, then what are we to do? There are no unicorns within this band; if we can't use the spell, must we by hand uncover every Changeling in the land?" asked Zebulon.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Demonu wrote:
"Hot chocolate."

Cheese pats the dragon on the back.

"You kid, are all right. Well said."

OOC: That was some great bit of RPing there.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Demonu wrote:
"Hot chocolate."

Cheese pats the dragon on the back.

"You kid, are all right. Well said."

Blackhawk, for his part, just stood in confusion and blinked.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Yes. You really don't like cochroaches, do you? Why not pick up some traps from the store? I mean if you really like the one-by-one method, thats alright too."

"Aside from that, I've got two questions. Why us, and what now? I personally don't mind being deputized. Some of my customer base has been acting a bit -odd- at the moment."

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"We saw your spell, which checks if form is true; but when we look, then what are we to do? There are no unicorns within this band; if we can't use the spell, must we by hand uncover every Changeling in the land?" asked Zebulon.

"Cockroaches: stress relief. Why you: most of you can't be a Changeling, and those that can have their own necessary skills," she said tonelessly. "You won't look for Changelings; we handle that. You'll handle other investigations."

Quietkal wrote:"Err...will we be compensated for our efforts, or is this a 'the good of your country is its own reward' sort of thing?"

"You'll get paid."

Demonu wrote:"Hot chocolate."

"So," he continued, "what are we doing exactly?"

"...pay attention, Dextor," she sighed, showing slight exasperation. "You've been deputized by the Night Agents. You handle investigations we don't have time for anymore."

[I know he paid attention, by the by, but she doesn't.]

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:He took a step forward. "Try to be confident", he told himself. "Apparently I don't know as much as I thought about changelings, and I can accept that, but what I do know about them, Ms. Starlight, is that they like to change into the people you aren't ever gonna think of suspectin' and then go about puttin' up a pretty convincing act. So my question for you, if you will excuse my rudeness..." And his eyes narrowed just a hair. "How do we know you ain't a changeling trying to sneak in somewheres important with us as your permission slip?"

Starlight smiled slightly. "Well-said, Mr. Blackhawk, very perceptive. We routinely scan each other when we enter. Besides, you don't have official clearance. Using you would be pointless."

The elevator grinds to a stop at a steel walkway, leading to a heavy-looking stone door guarded by three ponies; one tough-looking Earth Pony, one Pegasus ready for action, one Unicorn with a glowing horn. All wear black uniforms with a stylized moon on them.

The Unicorn immediately begins to scan Starlight, which she stands perfectly still for. The Earth Pony watches Starlight carefully; the Pegasus flutters above the party to keep an eye on them.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Alright. So me, the half-breed, and the baby are here because Changelings can't imitate us. The Zebra might be tougher to imitate with his native rhymes, and he might have some healing skills, which would imply that these Night Guards expect us to run into trouble. But what sort of skill could cheese boy have... Not entirely sure what sort of investigations we're following up on if they were initiated by a group that seems specifically set around Changelings, but don't involve us confirming someone's a Changeling.
"We don't have to wear those uniforms, right?"

Last edited by Quietkal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Quietkal wrote:"We don't have to wear those uniforms, right?"

"No," Starlight said evenly.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:24 pm

'But what sort of skill could cheese boy have'

Cheese Wheel turns to Kal "Your probably wondering what kind of skill I have. I can read minds."

OOC:I hope this doesn't count as using "Fracturing the Fourth Wall". I'm kinda using having the utility talent as justification for using a little OOC knowledge here and there. If not, I could probably justify via claiming that Cheese Wheel is cold-reading Cal. He's trained in Persuasion and he's got FK for Body Language attached to his Perception skill.

"So Ms. Starlight, I hope you don't mind if we talk on the way. If I'm going to be working with these guys, I'd like to know a little bit about them.

Nodding to his companions, I'm Cheese Wheel by the way. I'm rich idiot with no day job."

Cheese Wheel grins.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Blackhawk smiled, finally on something resembling familiar territory. "Name's Blackhawk. Nice to meetcha." Eyes like eagles' quickly scanned the room. "All of ya." He flapped his wings once, followed by a quick shuffle. Nervous.

But watching, of course. Eyes like eagles'.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Zebulon sighed. Introductions were never his strong point - people avoided him due to how close he was to death, so he didn't have much practice. Still, if he was to be this group's healer, as indicated by "necessary skills," he'd better make the group trust him.

"You may know me as Zebulon the Just," said Zebulon. "A dispeller of foul maladies all."

He said nothing further. Better to not give away anything more than he needed.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:54 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote: "Name's Blackhawk. Nice to meetcha."
Brony 7 of 9 wrote: "You may know me as Zebulon the Just," said Zebulon. "A dispeller of foul maladies all."
"Kalvin. Historian."
Cardbo wrote: "Your probably wondering what kind of skill I have. I can read minds."
Nodding to his companions, "I'm Cheese Wheel by the way. I'm rich idiot with no day job."
Kal turns to Cheese Wheel, an eyebrow raised.
"And per you, I seriously doubt that you can read minds. Granted, there have been unicorns who had similar enough talents, but it's completely ridiculous as an earth pony, especially with a cutie mark that indicates that you're more inclined to the food industry than telepathy."
A contemplative look overtakes Kal's face, and he starts talking to himself.
"Although, in the ancient mythos there was Tiberius, a blind earth pony who would see the future, but then those same legends also said that..."
Kal snaps to and realizes what he's doing.
"...err...Yeah. You're not telepathic."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 am

"Of course I could just be really good at reading people. But earth ponies occasionally produce psychics. They tend to be a little mad."

Cheese Wheel tilts his head and derps his eyes for a few seconds.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:06 am

Cardbo wrote:"Of course I could just be really good at reading people. But earth ponies occasionally produce psychics. They tend to be a little mad."

"Now him, him I like" Blackhawk murmured to no one in particular, a small smile on his face.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:08 am

Cardbo wrote:

"I could get that looked at if you would like," said Zebulon.

Mental remedies take some time to cure, but something physical like crossed eyes should be easy to fix. Never mind that one mailpony.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DAAAAH THAT WASN'T IAMBIC PENTAMETER)
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 am

[EDIT: Oops, wrong thread. Again. Ignore this post.]

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 am

OOC: Cold-reading Cal
Perception(7) + Freaky Knowledge(5) + Applejack Of All Trades(1) + Dextors' Friendship Is Dragons(1)

Roll(1d20)+14:
11,+14
Total:25
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 am

Cardbo wrote:
'But what sort of skill could cheese boy have'

Cheese Wheel turns to Kal "Your probably wondering what kind of skill I have. I can read minds."

"So Ms. Starlight, I hope you don't mind if we talk on the way. If I'm going to be working with these guys, I'd like to know a little bit about them.

Nodding to his companions, I'm Cheese Wheel by the way. I'm rich idiot with no day job."

Cheese Wheel grins.

Quietkal wrote:Kal turns to Cheese Wheel, an eyebrow raised.
"And per you, I seriously doubt that you can read minds. Granted, there have been unicorns who had similar enough talents, but it's completely ridiculous as an earth pony, especially with a cutie mark that indicates that you're more inclined to the food industry than telepathy."

"Talk away," Starlight said. "Kalvin, let go of your sense of what is impossible. You're correct now, but weirder things happen regularly."

[You made the check, Cardbo.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

"I could get that looked at if you would like," said Zebulon.

Cheese Wheel uncrosses his eyes.

"Thanks. I'm good."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:27 am

Cardbo wrote:"Of course I could just be really good at reading people. But earth ponies occasionally produce psychics. They tend to be a little mad."
Kalvin just groans and covers his face with his claw.
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Starlight said. "Kalvin, let go of your sense of what is impossible. You're correct now, but weirder things happen regularly."
"Fine."
Next they'll be saying that there's evidence that the holy titans existed. Pbft.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Cheese turns to Dextor.

"So young pup, whats your story?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Technically, you wouldn't have gotten the Friendship is Dragons bonus as you aren't yet counted as one of Dextor's aliies. As far he's concerned, all of you are a bunch of characters he just met. Anyway, moving on.

Dextor felt all the eyes in the room fixating on him, as he was the last one who hadn't introduced himself yet. So far, he had been eyeing the others to what they were like.

'The Zebra looks like he doesn't like anypony, the griffon doesn't like the hippogriff, the hippogriff seems to like the earth pony who smells like cheese and he seems to like Dextor. I mean me. Well, this is an unusual group for sure. Oh, they've introduced themselves. Maybe they want to be friends! Oh, we'll go on adventures, have picnics, scale mountains, explore forests, have sleepovers, do each others' mane or feathers... No wait, that's for girls. What do boys do on a sleepover anyway? I've read a book about it but that seems to be more geared towards mares and fillies, what with the 5 to 1 ratio of girls to boys in Equestria. Kind of weird isn't it? So many females and so little men? Not that I care, that just means more for Dextor. Pity we don't get uniforms. I read that girls are suckers for a guy in uniform. But the nice librarian pulled the book out of my claws before I could continue reading. She told me to come back for that book when I'm older. But then I'll be a big, scary dragon and won't even fit in the library no more! Do dragons have their own library? Why is everypony looking at me like that? Oh right, introductions! I nearly forgot about that!'

"I'm Dextor. I'm a dragon. Rawr!"

Ignoring the others because surely, with such an introduction, Dextor left no doubt of the fact that he was, in fact, a dragon, he turned his attention to Starlight.

"So why am I, or we, here exactly? You're making us deputies and that's cool and all but..." Dextor's voice trailed off as he looked around. "No offense to you guys but we don't seem like Con Mane material."

Next they'll be saying that there's evidence that the holy titans existed. Pbft.
Been updating on Jappleack?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Demonu wrote:"I'm Dextor. I'm a dragon. Rawr!"
Kalvin looks up from preening his feathers and unenthusiasticly says, "Can't argue that one. Scary."
Then resumes his preening.

((Yeah, just a little. :p))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Demonu wrote:Technically, you wouldn't have gotten the Friendship is Dragons bonus as you aren't yet counted as one of Dextor's aliies. As far he's concerned, all of you are a bunch of characters he just met. Anyway, moving on.

OK

"I'm Dextor. I'm a dragon. Rawr!"

"You took awhile to come up with that, pup. Sounded better in your head?" Cheese asked innocently.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Kalvin looks up from preening his feathers and unenthusiasticly says, "Can't argue that one. Scary."
Then resumes his preening.
"You took awhile to come up with that, pup. Sounded better in your head?" Cheese asked innocently.
Dextor shrugged his shoulders. "It's the truth, what more do you want?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Demonu wrote:"I'm Dextor. I'm a dragon. Rawr!"

Ignoring the others because surely, with such an introduction, Dextor left no doubt of the fact that he was, in fact, a dragon, he turned his attention to Starlight.

"So why am I, or we, here exactly? You're making us deputies and that's cool and all but..." Dextor's voice trailed off as he looked around. "No offense to you guys but we don't seem like Con Mane material."

"All we have," she replied bluntly. "Besides, most of you can't be replaced by a Changeling. Cheese Wheel is good with ponies, Zebulon heals. You're tough, Blackhawk's speedy, and Kalvin, believe it or not, is stealthy."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next