Investigators of the Odd

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Zebulon adjusted his glasses. His services as healer to be spent healing a dragon that could barely form a thought, a bold hippogriff, a mental case and a headstrong Griffin? Work was work.

"Far worse have come before these eyes, I say."

OOC: Dang, Zebulon is turning into a tool.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Demonu)
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:59 pm

"So moving on. Ms, Starlight, do you have anything in particular you want us to investigate?
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon adjusted his glasses. His services as healer to be spent howling a dragon that could barely form a thought, a bold hippogriff, a mental case and a cocky Hippogriff? Work was work.

"Far worse have come before these eyes, I say."

OOC: Dang, Zebulon is turning into a tool.
Howling a dragon, 2 hippogriffs and a mental case?
Sounds legit!

Anyway, Dextor isn't an idiot. He just sometimes blurts out the wrong words at the wrong time when his thought process runs wild.

Upon hearing Cheese Wheel ask the pertinent question that has been on everypony's mind, Dextor turned his attention towards the blue unicorn once more.
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Demonu wrote:
Anyway, Dextor isn't an idiot. He just sometimes blurts out the wrong words at the wrong time when his thought process runs wild.

OOC: Yeah, but Zebulon doesn't know that and is making an assumption based on what little he knows of Dextor.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:52 pm

As the party walks through the base, several ponies in the black outfits hurry from place to place, looking quite harried; speak with each other urgently in whispers; or train in flying, magic, and combat against Changeling dummies. Most of the ponies take a brief moment to salute at Starlight before moving on with their work. Many of the pegasi have bat wings instead of normal feathers. There aren't many non-ponies here; this due to the fact that Equestria is mostly ponies. A female minotaur can be seen sawing some damaged outfits, however, and there are a couple of buffalo sparring with each other. The base is metal, like the pipes that lead to the base, and is lit only dimly, reflecting off of the black walls. Silver moons or stars are painted on every door the group passes.

Cardbo wrote:"So moving on. Ms, Starlight, do you have anything in particular you want us to investigate?

"Several possibilities," she replied. "You pick. Saltlick City's lake levels have dropped mysteriously. Some vigilante is cleaning up Dodge Junction. We want to know who and why and if they'll join us. War north of Equestria; alicorns might be involved. Might be a cult worshipping Nightmare Moon in Las Pegasus. And finally, some idiot claims a dragon is stalking her and won't leave us alone. Only reason to investigate is to shut her up."
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Pretty impressed with what he saw as he was walking through the facility, Dextor almost didn't hear what Starlight said. Almost.

"A vigilante?" he asked after Starlight mentioned it. "Are we talking Batcolt or Superstallion?"

Someone care to ask about the other things? Wouldn't be much fun or IC if Dextor did it Smile
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Demonu wrote:Pretty impressed with what he saw as he was walking through the facility, Dextor almost didn't hear what Starlight said. Almost.

"A vigilante?" he asked after Starlight mentioned it. "Are we talking Batcolt or Superstallion?"

"Closer to Batcolt," replied Starlight. "Strikes in the dead of night and is gone before anypony can so much as ask his name."
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:16 pm

"A cult of nightmares, darkness and the moon? Perhaps we should investigate that soon. That is depending on what you reveal - how much this threat can you confirm is real?"
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"A cult of nightmares, darkness and the moon? Perhaps we should investigate that soon. That is depending on what you reveal - how much this threat can you confirm is real?"

"Don't know. That's what you're for," said Starlight.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm

"I take it the dragon stalking is local? If so, we may want to tackle it first. But may I suggest another easy one will be to go after the vigilante. After all, being a night time vigilante means you have enough energy to do that and work during the day or more likely, you're already rich and have time to devote to it. So all we have to do is find the person not doing anything during the day, and we'll find our pony.."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Cardbo wrote:"I take it the dragon stalking is local? If so, we may want to tackle it first. But may I suggest another easy one will be to go after the vigilante. After all, being a night time vigilante means you have enough energy to do that and work during the day or more likely, you're already rich and have time to devote to it. So all we have to do is find the person not doing anything during the day, and we'll find our pony.."

"Not local. Hoofington. Specializes in communication spells." As she spoke, a burst of pink flame appeared over her head, depositing a letter with ink still wet on the floor in front of her.

She sighed exasperatedly. "Packrat, get that."

A large rat scurried from somewhere, grabbed the paper, and scurried off again.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Blackhawk blinked after the letter. Guess now I know why they don't need a messenger."

"Man," Blackhawk finally broke his uncharacteristic silence, "You guys must be even harder-up than you say if you're considerin' sendin' a buncha untrained newbies like us up to check out a war!" He chuckled nervously, entirely aware of how uncomfortably close to the truth that joke probably was.

Tick tock came the noise from his quick-paced steps as he moved slightly ahead of the majority of the group. "Well," the hippogriff said in a way that made it obvious he was thinking, "In this bird's humble opinion, even if you are plannin' on sendin' us, I think we're gonna have to decline gettin' caught up in some war Equestria ain't even really involved in, least not that I've heard about. Cult sounds a bit iffy, too, from the look of things none of us got the people skills, no offense, to do any sort of underminin' or investigatin' of any fanatics." Blackhawk twitched a bit at the last word. He attempted to cover the twitch with a pause in his step to "think", talon rustling his chinfeathers. "And no way we're ever gonna be able to stand up to no dragon, assumin' that's real, which it probably ain't but who knows. Everythin's possible, right?"

The ticks and tocks resumed their metallic beat as Blackhawk nodded, setting forth again for the party's unknown destination. Nothing new; Blackhawk almost never knew what his final destination was outside of delivering messages. "Best bet's Dodge, I'm thinkin'. Sorry if any of you are Saltlick residents, but crimefighter's bit more important than some city needin' a few more pegasus on patrol. Besides," And his eyes twinkled as he looked back at Dextor. "Always wanted to meet Batcolt."

Spoiler:
Streetwise check to see if Blackhawk can remember any rumors regards Equestria playing a role in the war up North: 8 + 11 = 19.
Assuming it's alright with Warrior, I'd also like to make a Persuasion check to attempt to cover up Blackhawk's twitch. If anyone who wants to roll Perception beats the number, your character notices, again assuming it's alright with Warrior. Persuasion: 11 + 8 = 19, not bad.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:
Streetwise check to see if Blackhawk can remember any rumors regards Equestria playing a role in the war up North: 8 + 11 = 19.
Assuming it's alright with Warrior, I'd also like to make a Persuasion check to attempt to cover up Blackhawk's twitch. If anyone who wants to roll Perception beats the number, your character notices, again assuming it's alright with Warrior. Persuasion: 11 + 8 = 19, not bad.

[Streetwise: You know something odd's happening there; bursts of weird multicolored light mark the fighting. But so far as you know, it won't spill over into Equestria.

The Perception thing's alright with me.]

Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Missing water from a lake? Lame. Vigilante? More interesting, if somewhat dangerous. Dragon stalker? Yes, let's bring our own dragon to that, it'll go terrifically. Cult? Not on my life. Difficult to find, difficult to get rid of, and I already have to deal with one psychotic pony.
Kalvin casts a glance at Cheese.
Cheese Wheel wrote:"I take it the dragon stalking is local? If so, we may want to tackle it first. But may I suggest another easy one will be to go after the vigilante. After all, being a night time vigilante means you have enough energy to do that and work during the day or more likely, you're already rich and have time to devote to it. So all we have to do is find the person not doing anything during the day, and we'll find our pony.."
"Not a bad plan, for someone a little mad."
Kalvin snidely smiles.
Yeah, that got him good.
Blackhawk wrote:"Best bet's Dodge, I'm thinkin'. Sorry if any of you are Saltlick residents, but crimefighter's bit more important than some city needin' a few more pegasus on patrol."
"I'm actually going to agree with Cheese's plan. Besides, Ms. Starlight here looks like she would sooner be rid of these letters than of someone taking care of ends she doesn't have time for." Kalvin smiles. "Sort of like us."
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm

OOC: what map are we using? The official one put forth by Hasbro? Because Hoofington or Salt lake City isn't on that one. Or are you using this one?
http://hlissner.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-and-beyond-rev-8-1-253465186?
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:28 pm

[None of the above. I wasn't planning on being that specific. If you can make a case that you need a map, though, I suppose I can try to come up with something.]

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm

IC:

"I suppose then 'tis off to Dodge we go?"

OOC:

Spoiler:
Result: 8+ 4 = 12. Zebulon doesn't see the twitch.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:[None of the above. I wasn't planning on being that specific. If you can make a case that you need a map, though, I suppose I can try to come up with something.]
Don't need to but just kind of wanted to know if Hoofington was on the way to Dodge Junction or things like that. Anyway, moving on

"Well, Batcolt sounds cool." Dextor remarked, more to himself than the others. He then though of the obvious.

"How are we going to get there? Flying? Dibs on the hippogriff!"

Perception roll to notice twitch [14 + 7 Perception = 21]
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Demonu wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:[None of the above. I wasn't planning on being that specific. If you can make a case that you need a map, though, I suppose I can try to come up with something.]
Don't need to but just kind of wanted to know if Hoofington was on the way to Dodge Junction or things like that. Anyway, moving on

"Well, Batcolt sounds cool." Dextor remarked, more to himself than the others. He then though of the obvious.

"How are we going to get there? Flying? Dibs on the hippogriff!"

Perception roll to notice twitch [14 + 7 Perception = 21]

Dextor notices the twitch. He's not sure why Blackhawk twitched, though.

"Train," corrected Starlight. "You're going to Dodge, then?"

[Saltlick is to the southwest of Canterlot; Hoofington, to the west; Las Pegasus, further west; Dodge, to the south.]
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm

((Whoops.))
Spoiler:
Perception against Blackhawk: 1+10
Natural one. Well, at least it's not an important roll

Last edited by Quietkal on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Quietkal wrote:Kalvin sighs.
"I was actually suggesting Hoofington, but if the majority is going to Dodge then I should probably come too."
Spoiler:
Actually, Cheese Wheel suggested to go after the dragon stalking if it was local. If not, he said the easiest of the rest was to go after the vigilante. So you agreed to go after the vigilante regardless. Kind of contradicting yourself there, Quietkal Smile

Off to Dodge Junction we go!

Dextor mulled something over in his mind. Something important.

"We do get travel expenses paid, right?" he asked a bit nervous. "Because I don't carry a lot of bits around."

"And how do we stay in contact?" His face immediately perked up. "Do we get some cool gadgets? Two way communication wristbands and all that good stuff?"

His eyes were now twinkling with anticipation. "Can I get mine with a tuxedo?"
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Demonu wrote:
Quietkal wrote:Kalvin sighs.
"I was actually suggesting Hoofington, but if the majority is going to Dodge then I should probably come too."
Spoiler:
Actually, Cheese Wheel suggested to go after the dragon stalking if it was local. If not, he said the easiest of the rest was to go after the vigilante. So you agreed to go after the vigilante regardless. Kind of contradicting yourself there, Quietkal Smile

Off to Dodge Junction we go!

Dextor mulled something over in his mind. Something important.

"We do get travel expenses paid, right?" he asked a bit nervous. "Because I don't carry a lot of bits around."

"And how do we stay in contact?" His face immediately perked up. "Do we get some cool gadgets? Two way communication wristbands and all that good stuff?"

His eyes were now twinkling with anticipation. "Can I get mine with a tuxedo?"

"Expenses paid," Starlight reassured him. "We'll send a scroll every other day. Write your report, then say '76t110c'. No gadgets, but we can get the tuxedo."
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 pm

"Not a bad plan, for someone a little mad."

"Thank you. Sometimes crazy works. Sanity is a one trick horse, but when your crazy the sky's the limit!"*

Cheese derps his eyes again.

Spoiler:

"Very well to Dodge Junction it is."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 am

OOC: Forgot I wanted to roll Perception against Blackhawk.

Perceptions(7) + FK(5) + AoAT(1)

Roll(1d20)+13:
16,+13
Total:29

EDIT:Changed Blackrock to Blackhawk. Sorry Blackhawk.

Last edited by Cardbo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:56 am

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Forgot I wanted to roll Perception against Blackrock

Perceptions(7) + FK(5) + AoAT(1)

Roll(1d20)+13:
16,+13
Total:29

[You mean Blackhawk? You notice the twitch as well as a general nervousness about Blackhawk; like he's used to being reviled and is half-expecting it now.]
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top