Investigators of the Odd

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am

Cheese takes Zebulon aside and in soft voice so that no one else can hear.

"You seem like a level-headed fellow and I think I can trust you with this.

"I think our friend Blackhawk here is actually a robot. Nothing wrong with robots. Robots our cool. But, what I'm not sure is if Blackhawk is the "crush, kill, destroy type", or 3 laws compliant. Keep this to yourself for now."
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:48 am

Zebulon looks between Blackhawk and Cheese Wheel. Given that Cheese Wheel was mad as a hatter, he didn't quite believe the idea that Blackhawk was a robot. Given that Cheese Wheel is apparently a people person, Zebulon didn't want to alienate him.

"How fascinating. But what proof have you?" Zebulon whispered. "A mechanical 'griff is quite taboo."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:

"How fascinating. But what proof have you?" Zebulon whispered. "A mechanical 'griff is quite taboo."

"Just a gut feeling. My gut feelings have a tendency to be right, except when they're not. There's also Blackhawks rather, let's say, mechanical movement. His random twitches, so as to give the appearance of normal head movement."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Dextor, completely oblivious to the talks of Cheese Wheel and Zebulon discussing robots, sheepishly tugged on Starlight's tail to alert her of his presence.

"Uhm... About that tuxedo: I'm a size S."

He looked around the compound before directing his gaze back to Starlight, all the while still holding on to her tail.

"This is actually pretty cool." he said before looking straight at Starlight's face.

"You're cool." Spoke Dextor with a slight twinkle of admiration in his eyes as he let go of the tail.
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:

"Just a gut feeling. My gut feelings have a tendency to be right, except when they're not. There's also Blackhawks rather, let's say, mechanical movement. His random twitches, so as to give the appearance of normal head movement."
Zebulon, having not seen Blackhawk's twitching, is having more and more doubts. Still, he thought, better to humor him and understand this "gut feeling" than to assume, one way or another, that Blackhawk was a robot.

"Have you thought that a twitch might be a twitch? 'Tis Buccam's Razor; no robot or witch. Mayhap Blackhawk is truly no machine - the twitch to hide how bold he'd like to seem."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Demonu wrote:Dextor, completely oblivious to the talks of Cheese Wheel and Zebulon discussing robots, sheepishly tugged on Starlight's tail to alert her of his presence.

"Uhm... About that tuxedo: I'm a size S."

He looked around the compound before directing his gaze back to Starlight, all the while still holding on to her tail.

"This is actually pretty cool." he said before looking straight at Starlight's face.

"You're cool." Spoke Dextor with a slight twinkle of admiration in his eyes as he let go of the tail.

Starlight awarded Dextor a faint smile. "Thanks. It's... been a while since I was complimented. It's nice to hear one."

Switching gears suddenly, she called to the minotaur repairing clothes. "Sam, size S Baby Dragon tuxedo. Within the hour." He looked up and saluted, and she turned her attention to a pegasus with a speech bubble Cutie Mark. "Chatterbox, six tickets to Dodge Junction. Hour from now, or soonest after that."

"Six tickets to Dodge Junction, ma'am! Yes, ma'am, Miss Starlight! I'll order the tickets right away, Miss Starlight, ma'am!" she chattered as she flew off.
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Zebulon perks up upon hearing mention of six tickets.

"I count deputies five. Who is our sixth?"
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Well then, since we seem to have some time on our claws, let's get the lay of the land.
Spoiler:
Perception for details of whatever room we're in: 29 (19+10)
Perception to notice the awareness of everyone else to Kal's actions: Crit fail (3+10)
Kalvin bugs out a little, unsure why everyone seems to be paying massive attention to him. OH GOSH THEY'RE PEERING INTO MY SOUL.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Quietkal wrote:Well then, since we seem to have some time on our claws, let's get the lay of the land.
Spoiler:
Perception for details of whatever room we're in: 29 (19+10)
Perception to notice the awareness of everyone else to Kal's actions: Crit fail (3+10)
Kalvin bugs out a little, unsure why everyone seems to be paying massive attention to him. OH GOSH THEY'RE PEERING INTO MY SOUL.

Kalvin notices that the place is old; he's not sure, but it might be as old as the reign of Celestia and Luna. It's been refurbished and remodeled several times over the years. Everypony (and other creatures) in the base all look stressed out, and many of them jump slightly whenever they see something green. The minotaur that Starlight called out to is rummaging through a closet full of suit of various sizes, and the pegasus she addressed is chattering the ear off of a unicorn with a train track Cutie Mark, who looks exasperated but resigned. The lights actually aren't just enchanted; they're lanterns enchanted to keep the flame going without fuel; trays full of oil as well as some unlit torches as perched underneath.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon perks up upon hearing mention of six tickets.

"I count deputies five. Who is our sixth?"

"We can spare one agent for you," Starlight explains, stopping outside a particular door decorated with a star. "Barabus!" she calls.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Barabus opened the door, dressed in the ubiquitous Black-and-moon uniform, with a thicker black jacket over his torso. He saw Starlight outside and snapped to attention, meanwhile studying with interest the assortment of races before him.

"Yes ma'am. Reporting for duty!"
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:03 pm

"You're a big fellow, aren't you?" Dextor remarked while straining his neck by looking up
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 pm

"This is the group," Starlight informed him. "Get acquainted."

Chatterbox flew up to Starlight and saluted with both hooves. "Miss Starlight, ma'am, the tickets for the train for Dodge Junction are booked, ma'am! The train for Dodge Junction leaves in an hour, Miss Starlight, ma'am!"

Nodding to acknowledge the message, Starlight said, "Dismissed." As the pegasus flew off, she told Barabus, "You heard. Good luck." She then trotted off elsewhere in the base.

[I'll let you know when it's thirty, twenty, ten, five, and one minutes before the train leaves.]
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Barabus smiled, coming out of his salute. "Yes Ma'am"

He turned to the baby Dragon.
"You wouldnt beleive how much people used to say that, but I've been here so long, I guess all these ponies just get used to it."
He smiled again, crouching down and extending a hand.
"Its good to meet you. My name is Barabus Thorn. And may I obtain yours?"
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Dextor shook the hand that was extended to him. "My name is Dextor. I'm a dragon. Rawr."

Once the initial excitement of meeting a Minotaur passed, a new one took hold of Dextor.

"Can I climb in your neck?" he asked with eyes widened from anticipation. "I want to know how it feels like to be big."
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Spoiler:
Retroactive Perception check to pick up on Zebulon and Cheese Wheel's conversation: 11 + 8, why do I keep rolling 11s, 19.
Don't worry, besides a small smile on his beak and some tiny non-important plans for the future if he succeeds, it won't change anything.

Blackhawk watched Starlight go, vaguely wondering to himself what her story was. "Eh, plenty of time to find out later. Specially since it seems like she could use a good friend or two. Maybe not a guy from work, specially not a subordinawhazzit, but I know some guys I could introduce her too. Heh, who better to be a wingpony than a pony with wings, right?"

With an impatience he had been reigning in ever since stepping into the barbershop, the brown hippogriff butted into the nearby conversation. "Yo, what's up, Barb? Name's Blackhawk, like a storm cloud, and fast as the lightning it shoots! You know, I gotta say this joint ain't exactly the government group I was plannin' on joinin' someday, but then again it ain't every chance you getta see a place like this!"
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:27 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:
Retroactive Perception check to pick up on Zebulon and Cheese Wheel's conversation: 11 + 8, why do I keep rolling 11s, 19.
Don't worry, besides a small smile on his beak and some tiny non-important plans for the future if he succeeds, it won't change anything.

Blackhawk watched Starlight go, vaguely wondering to himself what her story was. "Eh, plenty of time to find out later. Specially since it seems like she could use a good friend or two. Maybe not a guy from work, specially not a subordinawhazzit, but I know some guys I could introduce her too. Heh, who better to be a wingpony than a pony with wings, right?"

With an impatience he had been reigning in ever since stepping into the barbershop, the brown hippogriff butted into the nearby conversation. "Yo, what's up, Barb? Name's Blackhawk, like a storm cloud, and fast as the lightning it shoots! You know, I gotta say this joint ain't exactly the government group I was plannin' on joinin' someday, but then again it ain't every chance you getta see a place like this!"

[Sorry, Writer, you were just short of the DC.]
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Spoiler:
OOC: Not sure whether to retroactively use Stealth or Perception, but either way rolled a natural 20.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Spoiler:
OOC: Not sure whether to retroactively use Stealth or Perception, but either way rolled a natural 20.

[For what? Stealth I can see as having been quiet during the conversation, but why Perception?]
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Barabus laughed at the dragons question,

"Maybe some other time, Dextor, but not righ-"
He was cut off by the sudden introduction of the brown Hippogryph, and faltered somewhat in the face of the high-pressure rapid-fire volley of speech.

"It's ... Nice to meet you too, Blackhawk..."
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Cheese flashes Blackhawk a smile and gives him a hoofs up gesture (OOC: Pony equivalent of a thumbs up)

He then goes up and shakes hooves with Barabus
"Good to meet you."

Looking down at the shaking hooves/hands.

"Must be real nice to have hands."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"Must be real nice to have hands."

"Ain't bad," Blackhawk shrugged. "Talons work better though."

The hippogriff looked around, then raised aforementioned talons into the air in surrender. "Right. Shuttin' up now."
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 pm

OOC: I remember seeing "opposing perception check" for a Changeling talent and got confused. Sorry for the mix-up.

IC:

Zebulon looked over the Minotaur. Gruff voice, built like a truck - Zebulon thought he had found the brawler of the group.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Reassured by the presence of someone who appeared to be less eccentric (( ahhehhehehehe...)) than blackhawk, Barabus said with a funny look on his face

"Yeah, I guess they're pretty useful, especially with fiddly things. Like locks, for example" he said, then shut his mouth abruptly, aware that he'd said too much.

He nodded to the Zebra over in the corner, then walked over to talk. If he was assigned to these adventurers, he should get to know them all.
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Locks? That doesn't fit the Minotaur brawler mold at all.

"What business has a Minotaur with locks?"
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 pm

"Because he has hands?"

OOC: Hopefully I don't go too far into pulling a Lyra.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top