Investigators of the Odd

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:43 pm

[OOC: Less freelancers and more "Random citizens that the brass thought would do a good job for some reason".]
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk takes the second string of paperwork, sighing softly. He looks down upon it, making sure to read it a bit more carefully than the last one - this one could have far greater consequences than just getting him in trouble if he didn't fill it out, after all.

He was, however, quite glad he had momentarily refrained from snarky comments. "Might be fast, but that doesn't exactly mean I enjoy this kinda stuff..."

Spoiler:
You don't have to, like, type out an exact copy of the paperwork or anything, but could we get a general idea of what precisely this second batch entails? Also,

Perception check to see if, for example, the first letter of every other word or some such code on this paperwork means filling it out is actually filling out a contract selling your soul or something like that: 8 + 8(bonus) + 1 (Party of One) = 17. Blackhawk is not the codemaster.

The paper seems to mostly have much of the same information as the previous paperwork, with added stuff like "Name of Criminal", "Crime", "Time of Crime", "Official Testimony of the Events leading to this Criminal's Arrest", "Your Previous Criminal Record", "Have you served Jury Duty in the Past?", "Are you a Lawyer or a Judge?", "Are there any other Witnesses to the Alleged Crime?", and so on.

So far as Blackhawk can tell, there is no such code.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon was going to get into the sheriff's office himself, but then the cart started falling apart and he decided tending to Looker was a better use of his time.


Stablize Looker -
Spoiler:
Heal Check: 1d20 (18) + 16 + 1 = 35

While you still can't do anything for his broken ribs, you do manage to keep him from being injured further.

Appkes wrote:((AFAIK, you're freelancers being hired, not actually Night Agents. I think Barabus is one though.))

[They've been deputized, actually, so they have the same authority for the duration of the deputization. Odds are the sheriff is unaware of this, however.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Cheese whispers to Barabus "If it comes to it, do you have any badge that would identify you as a Night Trooper?"

Cheese turns back to the Sheriff. "I'm not aware of any arrest protocol where the paperwork must be filled out in in this level of detail. Frankly I'd previously only imagined such could occur in Orwhinneyan dystopia. Is this a new thing, and when did this procedure go into effect?"

OOC:Describe the sheriff a bit better. Is his QT mark visible?
Perception roll.
Roll(1d20)+14:
18,+14
Total:32
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Kal raises an eyebrow. "The robot cat has a female voice. Oh wait, that's right. You believe there's a pony on the other side speaking and acting for them. Well, she's a rational one, I'll give her that. Also explains why she wasn't particularly worried about the cave collapsing."
Kal starts to work through the paperwork, but Cheese's attempts to get them out of it raise his lazy side.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese whispers to Barabus "If it comes to it, do you have any badge that would identify you as a Night Trooper?"

Cheese turns back to the Sheriff. "I'm not aware of any arrest protocol where the paperwork must be filled out in in this level of detail. Frankly I'd previously only imagined such could occur in Orwhinneyan dystopia. Is this a new thing, and when did this procedure go into effect?"

OOC:Describe the sheriff a bit better. Is his QT mark visible?
Perception roll.
Roll(1d20)+14:
18,+14
Total:32

"Yes," whispers Barabus.

The sheriff is fairly stoic, but you can tell that he's starting to get annoyed. He has a typical sheriff's badge on, but nothing else. His Cutie Mark is, unsurprisingly, a stack of paper.

"I put the protocols in place. The mayor agreed," the unicorn says. "Questioning the system gets you more paperwork to fill out." Another form whacks into Cheese.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

"I put the protocols in place. The mayor agreed," the unicorn says. "Questioning the system gets you more paperwork to fill out." Another form whacks into Cheese.

"Yesss..and you've done a bang up job of protecting this place. Tell me, Sheriff... When was the last time you patroled the streets as opposed to driving a desk? I can see why you'd put these protocols in place. They give you an excuse not to do any real police work. Come on guys. We're leaving. You could try to arrest us, but then you'd be up all night filling out paperwork."

Cheese heads to the door.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 am

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

"I put the protocols in place. The mayor agreed," the unicorn says. "Questioning the system gets you more paperwork to fill out." Another form whacks into Cheese.

"Yesss..and you've done a bang up job of protecting this place. Tell me, Sheriff... When was the last time you patroled the streets as opposed to driving a desk? I can see why you'd put these protocols in place. They give you an excuse not to do any real police work. Come on guys. We're leaving. You could try to arrest us, but then you'd be up all night filling out paperwork."

Cheese heads to the door.

A pen propels itself at Cheese, stabbing itself into his flank if he doesn't move quickly.

The unicorn finally looks up, rage in his eyes. "You. Will. Fill. Out. The. Paperwork."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:38 am

Cheese moves out the door and the pen embeds itself in the door.

"Come after me and make me if you've got the guts!" Cheese yells at the closed door.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:42 am

"This verbal chastisement brought to you by the fine folks at Cheese Wheel Mercantile!" Blackhawk said with a grin, throwing the paperwork up in the air for maximum room-scattering potential as he left.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am

The unicorn's horn practically explodes with magic as all the paperwork forms into a very large paper golem standing in front of the party.

"I don't have to," the golem says with the sheriff's voice. "You're under arrest... which requires more paperwork, by the way."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 am

Zebulon, wondering what all the commotion is, looks inside the sheriff's office to see the paper golem being formed. He stares at Cheese and Blackhawk, the two most likely to have required a golem to be formed.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 am

OOC:So Cheese and Blackhawk are outside and Kal and Barabus is still inside?

IC: As Blackhawk leaves, Cheese sees the paper golem forming inside. He yells out. "So, the Paper Tiger has fangs afterall!"

He yells to Zebulon. "Get Looker to a safe place! This may get ugly."

He then pulls a remote control from his backpack and presses the big red button on it.

____

Elsewhere, in a crate in a room at the Mareiot, a robot horse starts powering up.

____



Last edited by Cardbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 am

Zebulon nods, picks up Looker, and hauls flank for CoinCorp.

Stunts Check for getting there quickly -
Spoiler:
1d20 (6) + 6 + 1 = 13. Zeb's not a runner.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:20 am

As the forms pull from Kal's claws. "Whoa! I wasn't done with those. If you're going to take the forms that sort of makes it hard to fill them out." Satisfied with this as an explanation, Kal proceeds to sit quietly, out-of-the-way until the golem moves from between him and the exit.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC:So Cheese and Blackhawk are outside and Kal and Barabus is still inside?

IC: As Blackhawk leaves, Cheese sees the paper golem forming inside. He yells out. "So, the Paper Tiger has fangs afterall!"

He yells to Zebulon. "Get Looker to a safe place! This may get ugly."

He then pulls a remote control from his backpack and presses the big red button on it.

____

Elsewhere, in a crate in a room at the Mareiot, a robot horse starts powering up.

____


[Yes, your assumption of location is correct. Those inside may spend a turn getting out, or can attack the sheriff. Roll for initiative, by the by.]

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon nods, picks up Looker, and hauls flank for CoinCorp.

Stunts Check for getting there quickly -
Spoiler:
1d20 (6) + 6 + 1 = 13. Zeb's not a runner.

It's taking Zebulon a while to get there, since he's trying not to injure Looker further while still going quickly.

[I'll let you know when he gets there.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm

OOC:Initiative
Roll(1d20)+0:
3,+0
Total:3
Wow, that was horrible.

[+2] Good Cheer (Saving Embrace)
Target ally can make a saving throw

[+1] Point Out (Call the Target)
Target enemy gains vulnerability 2 until the end of your next turn..

[+1] Wheel Merchantile Brand Healing Salve (Healing Salve)
Target ally regains 1d10+3 hp.

[-3] Horrible Joke (Fireswath)
Deal 1d10 damage to all enemies.

[-9] Giant Mecha (Conjure Fire Giant)
Summon Giant Mecha. It has the following stat-block.

Giant Mecha(Bad Horse) - 40 HP
Trait - Combustion
When Giant Mecha is destroyed, it deals 3d12 damage to all enemies.

[+3] Talent - Claymore
All enemies take 1d8 damage.
[-2] Talent - Energy Net

Target creature is subjected to your Energy Net until the end of your next turn. A creature subjected to your Energy Net takes 2d12 damage whenever it attacks a creature other than the Giant Mecha
[-6] Talent - Freakin Lazer Beams
Target creature takes 4d12 damage.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm

"Welp," Blackhawk said, crouching slightly, wings slowly unfurling as he prepared to take off. "Never thought I'd havta tussle with one of these things again." He paused for a second. "Paper Golem, not the sheriff. Sheriff's new."

Spoiler:
Initiative Roll: 10.

Talents taken in:
[+2] Quick Thinking [Open Options]
[+1] Get Ready…Get Set… [Gather Energy]
[+1] Speedy Recovery [Healing Salve]
[-1] Too Fast to Catch [Charm]
[-1] Too Fast to Stop [Into the Fray]
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:23 pm

[Initiative Order: Golem, Barabus, Blackhawk, Sheriff, Cheese, Kal.]

The golem lunges for Cheese, punching him with surprising force as papers scatter everywhere (7 damage).

Barabus stays still for now, preparing for a sudden burst of energy.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:14 pm

"Whoa! No need for that! We're all on the same side, right? We all just want to catch some bad guys? We just...don't want to do as much paperwork as you do."
((I'd like to roll a History check on golems, unless that'll take a round action. Strengths, weaknesses, favorite color. That sort of thing. 24 (13+11) ))
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Quietkal wrote:"Whoa! No need for that! We're all on the same side, right? We all just want to catch some bad guys? We just...don't want to do as much paperwork as you do."
((I'd like to roll a History check on golems, unless that'll take a round action. Strengths, weaknesses, favorite color. That sort of thing. 24 (13+11) ))

"The paperwork is necessary to catch the bad guys," the Sheriff replies with cold anger, "and you want to do less of it? NO!"

[History checks are a free action. You know that they're typically animated by unicorns for specific purposes. Very mindless (so no favorite color) and only obey the orders of the summoner except under certain circumstances which you don't recall at the moment. You do recall that once animated, the golems aren't reliant on the summoner to remain around, although you think that the summoner can dismiss their own golems at will.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Blackhawk breathed out slowly, for once. "Let's see here, what can I do, what can I do, come on..." Then, in between furtive glances at nearby buildings, he grinned back at Cheese Wheel. "What's the matter, cheesey? Can't keep up?"

Spoiler:
Blackhawk uses Hurry Up! on Cheese Wheel. Then, presuming it is a free action, he makes a Perception check of...ooh, a mere 5 with a bonus of 8 and a +1 from Party of One equals a mere 14. Yikes.

As a side note, is it after midnight, currently?
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk breathed out slowly, for once. "Let's see here, what can I do, what can I do, come on..." Then, in between furtive glances at nearby buildings, he grinned back at Cheese Wheel. "What's the matter, cheesey? Can't keep up?"

Spoiler:
Blackhawk uses Hurry Up! on Cheese Wheel. Then, presuming it is a free action, he makes a Perception check of...ooh, a mere 5 with a bonus of 8 and a +1 from Party of One equals a mere 14. Yikes.

As a side note, is it after midnight, currently?

[I don't see Hurry Up! in your list of combat talents. Also, I need to know what you're trying to perceive, and it is about 11:30.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm

[OOC: Huh. Must have misread my own list somehow. No idea how. Embarassed

In that case, I'm swapping out Open Options FOR Hurry Up! due to Open Options's effect. I am attempting to perceive the general area, not just in passing but detail-wise: any notches or nicks in the building that look partiuclarly unstable or load-bearing, type of office I can see through the doorway whether bare-boned or otherwise, nearby potential townsfolk, anything a detective scan might pick up in passing.

That being said, I'm pretty sure with my low roll I got only a passing glance around anyway.]
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:[OOC: Huh. Must have misread my own list somehow. No idea how. Embarassed

In that case, I'm swapping out Open Options FOR Hurry Up! due to Open Options's effect. I am attempting to perceive the general area, not just in passing but detail-wise: any notches or nicks in the building that look partiuclarly unstable or load-bearing, type of office I can see through the doorway whether bare-boned or otherwise, nearby potential townsfolk, anything a detective scan might pick up in passing.

That being said, I'm pretty sure with my low roll I got only a passing glance around anyway.]

You know that the building is made of wood, but it looks pretty sturdy. Glancing inside the building through the open door, you can see that the office is pretty bare-looking now that most of the papers are trying to kill you.

The sheriff magically throws some more paper at the golem through the open door. The golem accepts the papers, replenishing what it lost when it punched Cheese.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk breathed out slowly, for once. "Let's see here, what can I do, what can I do, come on..." Then, in between furtive glances at nearby buildings, he grinned back at Cheese Wheel. "What's the matter, cheesey? Can't keep up?"

[/spoiler]

IC: "Hah! I'm not done yet!"

OOC:[+1] Wheel Merchantile Brand Healing Salve (Healing Salve)
Target ally regains 1d10+3 hp.

Roll(1d10)+3:
6,+3
Total:9

IC: Cheese takes a swig from the healing salve and puts it away. He gazes at the golem, attempting to discern some weakness.

OOC: Does it have any weakness. Is it flammable. Is there a maximum range it can stray from its caster?
Roll(1d20)+11:
1,+11
Total:12
http://sadtrombone.com/

OOC: Perception Check. Lets try this again. Does it have a weakness?
Roll(1d20)+14:
5,+14
Total:19

OOC: History Check. What does Cheesewheel remember about golems?
Roll(1d20)+18:
19,+18
Total:37
Woo hoo! QT Mark critical!

HP: 30, Pips 5, Feeling, Fine
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum