Monsters by the Warrior

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm

SIDRAT

Sidrat is an alicorn that controls time. A solitary, lonely god(dess) who rarely interferes with mortals and only occasionally interacts with others at his/her power level. This is in part because (s)he constantly switches genders, which is off-putting to many; however, the primary reason is that Sidrat sees all of time all the time, thus taking up most of his/her attention.

However, Sidrat has two companions, a married unicorn couple named Tick and Tock. These unicorns guard the entrance to Sidrat's cave and have been granted minor time control abilities and immortality to facilitate their duty. Tick and Tock have had many descendants over the years, who invariably have hourglass Cutie Marks and a slight attunement to the flow of time.

Sidrat, as previously stated, rarely gets involved, but quite dislikes being disturbed by idiots who try to get their future told by him/her, and thus will attack intruders to his/her cave. Additionally, if somepony dares to disrupt the flow of time without his/her permission, (s)he will emerge from their cave, with Tick and Tock in tow, to hunt down and utterly destroy the offending pony.

Sidrat

HP 100

Traits:

- Precognition
When attacking Sidrat, flip a coin. If tails, Sidrat anticipates and dodges the attack.

- Out of Time
When bloodied, Sidrat gains 2 extra attacks per turn.

-Immortality
Sidrat cannot be killed under any circumstances; anything that would normally kill him/her puts him/her into a healing coma in which (s)he gains 15 HP per day until (s)he awakens.

- Lord of Time
Sidrat is automatically immune to any time-warping or time-stopping effects, and can sense time travellers with ease.

- Alternate Timelines
Sidrat is capable of seeing the many possible timelines ahead of a particular pony.

Abilities

[+2] Extended Precognition
If Sidrat rolls tails on his Precognition, (s)he only takes half damage.

[+1] Slow
Target foe loses their next turn.

[+1] Speed
Target ally is moved directly after Sidrat in the initiative order.

[0] Alicornesis
Sidrat swipes the foe with an improvised projectile using his telekinesis, dealing 1d6+3 damage.

[-3] Timeskip
All foes lose their next turn.

[-5] Youthen
Target foe flips a coin whenever they attack; if heads, they gain 1 extra PiP, if tails, they fail to attack and lose 2 PiPs (save ends). Foe is also Weakened (save ends).

[-6] Additional Age
Target foe flips a coin for each combat ability they have. If tails, foe forgets how to use this ability (save ends for each individual ability). Foe is also Weakened (save ends).

[-10] Temporal Warp
Each foe takes 3d10 damage and loses 1d8 PiPs.

Tick and Tock (Note that they have the same stats and abilities, so they're being listed together)

HP 30

Traits

-Immortality
Tick and Tock cannot be killed under any circumstances; anything that would normally kill them puts them into a healing coma in which they gain 5 HP per day until they awaken.

- Soul Mates
Tick and Tock can instinctively sense when the other is in danger.

Abilities

[+2] Guardian
Tick/Tock takes next attack on target ally, taking all damage and effects. Guardian cannot be used on an ally using Guardian.

[+1] Unicornesis
Using an improvised projectile via telekinesis, Tick/Tock deal 1d4-1 damage.

[+1] Precognition
When Tick/Tock is next attacked, flip a coin. If heads, Tick/Tock dodges the attack.

[-2] Temporal Sneak Attack
Tick/Tock goes back in time and blasts target foe in the back with magic, dealing 2d8-2 damage.

[-3] Boost Healing
Tick/Tock speeds up the healing process for target ally, restoring 1d12 HP.


Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm

First, I see what you did there.
Second, Sidrat really seems almost stupidly overpowered. Dodging half of the attacks aimed at xem, taking up to 5 turns halfway through, and I'm not even sure what Alternate Timelines does. And that's just xyr (wow, these pronouns are really dumb) Utility Traits! Xe's also got the ability to get rid of all of your abilities, make you skip a turn (making xem do another 5 attacks), or slow you down to the point where you never take a turn, again letting xem take 5 more attacks. (And there's Alicornesis, which is rather oddly weak.) I guess the point is, don't f*** with Sidrat, but it's almost impossible to do much of anything to xem. I'm pretty sure that, if you weren't getting mowed down in the first half, you'd get absolutely obliterated once xe gets bloodied!
avatar
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 240
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  Masterweaver on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Siderat is by definition a demigod. Granted, we have seen demigods defeated on the show--Celestia versus Chrysalis was close, but Chrysalis is a fae at most--but overpowered is to be expected when we deal with demigods.
avatar
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:First, I see what you did there.
Second, Sidrat really seems almost stupidly overpowered. Dodging half of the attacks aimed at xem, taking up to 5 turns halfway through, and I'm not even sure what Alternate Timelines does. And that's just xyr (wow, these pronouns are really dumb) Utility Traits! Xe's also got the ability to get rid of all of your abilities, make you skip a turn (making xem do another 5 attacks), or slow you down to the point where you never take a turn, again letting xem take 5 more attacks. (And there's Alicornesis, which is rather oddly weak.) I guess the point is, don't f*** with Sidrat, but it's almost impossible to do much of anything to xem. I'm pretty sure that, if you weren't getting mowed down in the first half, you'd get absolutely obliterated once xe gets bloodied!

What exactly did I do? I did a couple of things, so I'd like to know which one... Question

Alternate Timelines means that Sidrat can see what a particular pony might do in the future; in other words, (s)he can tell the results of every choice they could possibly make due to being able to see the timestream. In-battle, this is embodied with Precognition. Alicornesis was my noting that, while Sidrat can really mess up a foe with statuses and whatnot, (s)he doesn't have any damage moves unless (s)he uses up 10 PiPs, which is rather expensive. And really, in terms of overpoweredness, what do you expect from somepony that embodies time itself? That, plus Masterweaver's comment.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

What exactly did I do? I did a couple of things, so I'd like to know which one... Question

Alternate Timelines means that Sidrat can see what a particular pony might do in the future; in other words, (s)he can tell the results of every choice they could possibly make due to being able to see the timestream. In-battle, this is embodied with Precognition. Alicornesis was my noting that, while Sidrat can really mess up a foe with statuses and whatnot, (s)he doesn't have any damage moves unless (s)he uses up 10 PiPs, which is rather expensive. And really, in terms of overpoweredness, what do you expect from somepony that embodies time itself? That, plus Masterweaver's comment.

Sidrat is TARDIS backwards. After that, the rest of it pretty well falls into place.
What I found odd about Alicornesis is, you've got this monster boss who destroys anypony who comes within 30 ft of xem, and xe's wussing out with this little d4 attack. Compared to the "instantly prevent your opponent from ever attacking" and "take 5 times as many turns as anypony else" abilities, it's oddly weak. I mean, Sidrat's non-demigod companions only do 1 less damage than that.
I'm not saying Sidrat isn't a usable enemy or anything. But if xe was our boss in something I was playing, I would probably just quit. Xe terrifies me. Maybe xe's less powerful than I think xe is, but I'm pretty sure I'd stand no chance against xem.
avatar
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 240
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:09 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:Sidrat is TARDIS backwards. After that, the rest of it pretty well falls into place.
What I found odd about Alicornesis is, you've got this monster boss who destroys anypony who comes within 30 ft of xem, and xe's wussing out with this little d4 attack. Compared to the "instantly prevent your opponent from ever attacking" and "take 5 times as many turns as anypony else" abilities, it's oddly weak. I mean, Sidrat's non-demigod companions only do 1 less damage than that.
I'm not saying Sidrat isn't a usable enemy or anything. But if xe was our boss in something I was playing, I would probably just quit. Xe terrifies me. Maybe xe's less powerful than I think xe is, but I'm pretty sure I'd stand no chance against xem.

Oh, that one. Yeah, that was probably kinda obvious, wasn't it?

I see your point as to alicornesis. I think I'll add a slightly higher PiP cost for a little more damage. After all, it only needs to be cheaper than Temporal Warp.

Hmm... if (s)he's really that scary, I might have to remember him/her for next time I need a truly terrifying boss...
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:32 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
I see your point as to alicornesis. I think I'll add a slightly higher PiP cost for a little more damage. After all, it only needs to be cheaper than Temporal Warp.

Hmm... if (s)he's really that scary, I might have to remember him/her for next time I need a truly terrifying boss...

Let's see if I can simulate a fight against Sidrat.
Sidrat hits bloodied right before this turn. (You know what, she's gonna be a she this whole time. Sue me. Razz ) She rolls a 2 on her d4, so now she attacks three times a turn. Let's say she has, by some strange miracle, 0 PiPs to start. She uses Precognition and Speed twice, so now she has 9 PiPs, only takes 1/4 damage (this comes from half of the attacks doing nothing, and the rest weakened by half), and the next ponies to go are her two companions. They don't put out as much damage, but they'll chip away at us too.
So now it's our turn. Let's say, four people, and they all use d10 attacks. Even if they maxed out all 4 attacks, she'll only take 10 damage. And that's assuming nobody wants to use an effect attack or try to heal someone.
Sidrat's turn again. 3 turns, I mean. She uses Speed once, then smashes us with Temporal Warp. How many PiPs does she have now? 1. As in, 1 more than last round. And she's got another turn to go! affraid Every other turn, she can slam us with Temporal Warp!

Or, if the PH is evil enough, let's have her use this stratagem. Let's say, to be fair, she only rolls a 2 again. With 3 turns, here's what she does: Speed, Speed, Timeskip. Repeat ad infinitum. Literally, infinitely. Raining 3 Warps in one turn would be a breeze. And don't forget that Timeskip doesn't affect Tick and Tock who would be busy during the Skip healing her and chipping away at you. (Of course, they couldn't heal her above 50, or she'd lose her 3 turns. On the other hand, they could heal her, then attack her, rebloodying her until she gets 5 turns a round.)
(And that's not even touching Additional Age, which I still think would scare me. Nothing like losing half of your abilities, leaving only the one that channels PiPs and the one that damages you.)
Now do you see why she would terrify me? Neutral
avatar
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 240
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:Let's see if I can simulate a fight against Sidrat.
Sidrat hits bloodied right before this turn. (You know what, she's gonna be a she this whole time. Sue me. Razz ) She rolls a 2 on her d4, so now she attacks three times a turn. Let's say she has, by some strange miracle, 0 PiPs to start. She uses Precognition and Speed twice, so now she has 9 PiPs, only takes 1/4 damage (this comes from half of the attacks doing nothing, and the rest weakened by half), and the next ponies to go are her two companions. They don't put out as much damage, but they'll chip away at us too.
So now it's our turn. Let's say, four people, and they all use d10 attacks. Even if they maxed out all 4 attacks, she'll only take 10 damage. And that's assuming nobody wants to use an effect attack or try to heal someone.
Sidrat's turn again. 3 turns, I mean. She uses Speed once, then smashes us with Temporal Warp. How many PiPs does she have now? 1. As in, 1 more than last round. And she's got another turn to go! affraid Every other turn, she can slam us with Temporal Warp!

Or, if the PH is evil enough, let's have her use this stratagem. Let's say, to be fair, she only rolls a 2 again. With 3 turns, here's what she does: Speed, Speed, Timeskip. Repeat ad infinitum. Literally, infinitely. Raining 3 Warps in one turn would be a breeze. And don't forget that Timeskip doesn't affect Tick and Tock who would be busy during the Skip healing her and chipping away at you. (Of course, they couldn't heal her above 50, or she'd lose her 3 turns. On the other hand, they could heal her, then attack her, rebloodying her until she gets 5 turns a round.)
(And that's not even touching Additional Age, which I still think would scare me. Nothing like losing half of your abilities, leaving only the one that channels PiPs and the one that damages you.)
Now do you see why she would terrify me? Neutral

Um... yes, I can see that. You got me scared of him/her! Based on this, I think I'll be changing some PiP costs around...
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Um... yes, I can see that. You got me scared of him/her! Based on this, I think I'll be changing some PiP costs around...
I don't think that's going to be enough. Remember, I based all of those gamebreakers off of rolling 2's, which are only 1/4 of the possibilities. If she rolls a 3 or a 4, no amount of PiP balancing will save you. And remember, Tick and Tock could theoretically reheal her over and over again until she hits 5 turns a round.
avatar
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 240
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:52 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Um... yes, I can see that. You got me scared of him/her! Based on this, I think I'll be changing some PiP costs around...
I don't think that's going to be enough. Remember, I based all of those gamebreakers off of rolling 2's, which are only 1/4 of the possibilities. If she rolls a 3 or a 4, no amount of PiP balancing will save you. And remember, Tick and Tock could theoretically reheal her over and over again until she hits 5 turns a round.

Okay, good point, so Out of Time needs some editing as well. Personally, though, I think any adventurers that are ready to face a diety of time are experienced enough to kill the minions first.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:11 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
AlicornPriest wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Um... yes, I can see that. You got me scared of him/her! Based on this, I think I'll be changing some PiP costs around...
I don't think that's going to be enough. Remember, I based all of those gamebreakers off of rolling 2's, which are only 1/4 of the possibilities. If she rolls a 3 or a 4, no amount of PiP balancing will save you. And remember, Tick and Tock could theoretically reheal her over and over again until she hits 5 turns a round.

Okay, good point, so Out of Time needs some editing as well. Personally, though, I think any adventurers that are ready to face a diety of time are experienced enough to kill the minions first.

Don't take this too personally. My goal is to see if your monsters can be broken.
So here I go again.
With 3 turns a round, Sidrat does this:
Ex. Precog, Slow, Slow. That gets her to +4. Two ponies don't fight, so our power is down to 1/8. Next turn: Timeskip, Speed, Speed. Now she's at +3, Tick and Tock heal her, and it's her turn again. Ex. Precog, Slow, Slow puts her at +7. We attack, still 1/8 power. Time Skip, Speed, EP keeps her at +7. EP, Slow, Warp puts her back at 0. That means for every two times we hit her (at wussy 1/8 damage), she's nailing us with 3d10. For sheer attrition, we lose.
The only thing that throws off this pattern is Tick and Tock. I think you overestimate your players' ability to kill them. They can heal each other, dodge attacks, and do actually pretty strong damage with Sneak Attack. Worst of all, if they're taken down, they only stay down for 6 turns. That Warp loop I did before? That's five turns. I think a really jerkish PH could keep Tick and Tock alive.
avatar
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 240
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:13 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:Don't take this too personally. My goal is to see if your monsters can be broken.
So here I go again.
With 3 turns a round, Sidrat does this:
Ex. Precog, Slow, Slow. That gets her to +4. Two ponies don't fight, so our power is down to 1/8. Next turn: Timeskip, Speed, Speed. Now she's at +3, Tick and Tock heal her, and it's her turn again. Ex. Precog, Slow, Slow puts her at +7. We attack, still 1/8 power. Time Skip, Speed, EP keeps her at +7. EP, Slow, Warp puts her back at 0. That means for every two times we hit her (at wussy 1/8 damage), she's nailing us with 3d10. For sheer attrition, we lose.
The only thing that throws off this pattern is Tick and Tock. I think you overestimate your players' ability to kill them. They can heal each other, dodge attacks, and do actually pretty strong damage with Sneak Attack. Worst of all, if they're taken down, they only stay down for 6 turns. That Warp loop I did before? That's five turns. I think a really jerkish PH could keep Tick and Tock alive.

Good points with Sidrat, although I think you might be forgetting about statuses. Blind, ongoing damage, etc. Sure, there's still a big miss chance, but that can throw off Sidrat. More to the point, if I nerf him/her much more, (s)he won't feel much like a demigod anymore.

Also, regarding Tick and Tock, you're confusing dead with unconscious. I never said anything about them recovering like that from unconsciousness. Besides, it's 5 HP a day and you die at like -100 HP, so it'd be longer than that.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  AlicornPriest on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Also, regarding Tick and Tock, you're confusing dead with unconscious. I never said anything about them recovering like that from unconsciousness. Besides, it's 5 HP a day and you die at like -100 HP, so it'd be longer than that.
There are 3 states of unconsciousness: "fainted," "defeated," and "dead." Fainting occurs at 0 HP, Defeated occurs at -50% max, and death occurs at -100% max. Since Tick and Tock have 30 HP, they "die" at -30 HP. I assumed that they didn't start recovering HP until then. It does call to mind the question, though: If a battle takes long enough, will an unconscious or defeated enemy get back up?
And of course, if you've got a killer PH, they'll have Sirdat attack a defeated or fainted companion until they die, allowing them to "regenerate."
avatar
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 240
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Also, regarding Tick and Tock, you're confusing dead with unconscious. I never said anything about them recovering like that from unconsciousness. Besides, it's 5 HP a day and you die at like -100 HP, so it'd be longer than that.
There are 3 states of unconsciousness: "fainted," "defeated," and "dead." Fainting occurs at 0 HP, Defeated occurs at -50% max, and death occurs at -100% max. Since Tick and Tock have 30 HP, they "die" at -30 HP. I assumed that they didn't start recovering HP until then. It does call to mind the question, though: If a battle takes long enough, will an unconscious or defeated enemy get back up?
And of course, if you've got a killer PH, they'll have Sirdat attack a defeated or fainted companion until they die, allowing them to "regenerate."

Oh, -100%. I missed that percent. Still, at 5 HP a day, unless the battle lasts for a seriously long time, they won't be conscious before the fight ends, regardless of whether Sidrat "kills" them.

As for the unconscious or defeated enemies getting up, I can only assume that that would be up to the PH.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  Whiteeyes on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 am

At Deafeated (-50% max HP) you can't rejoin the battle even if healed.
avatar
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  SilentBelle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:At Deafeated (-50% max HP) you can't rejoin the battle even if healed.

Well, some monsters can... but only if they specifically say so. The specific rules will always counter the blanket rules of the PHB.
avatar
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Gender : Male
Posts : 1162
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 30
Location : Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Link
HP 50, PiPs 4

Never Unprepared: Link begins combat with 4 PiPs.
Red Ring: Link has Resist 3.
Hylian Shield: Whenever Link would take damage, roll 1d6. On a 6, Link takes no damage.
Z-Targeting: Link automatically deals an extra 1d6 damage if he rolls the maximum value on a damage die.
Triforce of Courage: If Link would be affected by a negative status condition, flip a coin. If heads, Link is unaffected by it.
Pegasus Boots: Link rolls two separate times for Initiative and acts at both points in the Initiative order.
Hero of Hyrule: Whenever Link attacks, he deals an extra 5 damage if he rolls an odd number on his damage die.

[+3] Sword Slice
Deal 1d6 damage to target.
[+3] Bow and Arrow
Deal 1d4 to target foe. You may pay 1-3 PiPs to add another 1-3 d4 damage.
[+1] Boomerang
Either deal 1d8 damage to a target foe, or deal 1d4 damage to two foes.
[0] Sword Beam [Immediate Reaction]
If Link is at full health, Link deals an additional 1d8 damage to target when he uses Sword Slice.
[-1] Spin Attack
Deal 2d8 damage to three adjacent foes.
[-2] Bomb
Deal 2d6 to target foe at the beginning of your next turn. You may pay 2 PiPs to target an additional foe or add 2d6 to the target, and may continue to do so until you run out of PiPs.
[-4] Sword Deflection [Immediate Interrupt]
Trigger: Link would be damaged by an attack.
The attacking foe takes the damage instead of Link.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 pm

WOAH O.O

...What about Navi? Was she just there to psyche us out?
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  SilentBelle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am

Now that was a fun monster to help tune up Very Happy
avatar
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Gender : Male
Posts : 1162
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 30
Location : Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 am

elfowlgirl wrote:WOAH O.O

...What about Navi? Was she just there to psyche us out?

Well, not to psyche you out, but I only had Navi there to irritate you. XD My basic rules for Navi were: there has to be at least one out at all times, and they have to duplicate whenever their turn rolls around. Beyond that, I just went with whatever seemed the most annoying. :trollestia:

SilentBelle wrote:Now that was a fun monster to help tune up Very Happy

I had fun making it, too. Everypony wins! Very Happy

...well, except Link, but who cares about tha- *is shot*.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:55 pm

*is the one holding the gun*

What? I'm a zelda fanboy... He insulted link therefore shootie shoot!

And I suggest your next monster has the power to regain pips at the end of it's turn like getting 1d4-1 pips... That might be fun. *totally will be building monsters like that*
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Xel The Medic wrote:*is the one holding the gun*

What? I'm a zelda fanboy... He insulted link therefore shootie shoot!

And I suggest your next monster has the power to regain pips at the end of it's turn like getting 1d4-1 pips... That might be fun. *totally will be building monsters like that*

*regenerates* An intriguing thought! I'll have to keep that in mind...

That being said, I've already built the monsters for the next few rooms and I don't want to change them up. So that will have to wait.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Also feel free to try out my clockwork alicorns on the party, I think five of them should give them quite the challenge.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  kajisora on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:I only had Navi there to irritate you.
You fiend! you had me panicking about exponential fairy revives for naught!

Also, the damage resist was a natural 6? He really did get lucky Oo
avatar
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 719
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Xel The Medic wrote:Also feel free to try out my clockwork alicorns on the party, I think five of them should give them quite the challenge.

Normally, I might take you up on that, but part of the fun for this campaign is coming up with my own monsters. Thanks for offering, though. ^.^

kajisora wrote:
You fiend! you had me panicking about exponential fairy revives for naught!

Also, the damage resist was a natural 6? He really did get lucky Oo

:trollestia:

Yup, Link was pretty luck defensively speaking. Not so much on offense.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 23
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters by the Warrior

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum