Playing in the Sandbox

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Skaimos was a bit hesitant to get involved with "noble politics." But his mother had told him not to neglect the helpless, and this Thri-Kreen probably fit that category. "...I'm willing to do what I can. But we need as much information as possible. First, location. Do you know exactly where you will be allowed to see your daughter or would Iykta-domo be sending a guard to escort you to her? Second, opposition. Does Iykta-domo tend to use other githzerai, or does he contract out to one of the ninja clans? Assuming that he doesn't view you as a threat, how many guards do you think he would use for the meeting? Would he come himself? Finally, long-term safety. Even if we manage to safely secure your daughter, Iykta-domo may still come after you. Do you have a means to escape detection or secure yourself? Is it possible to seek safety with Daimyo Togaru-sama? If you can prove that Iykta-domo was planning on using you to sabotage him, he may be able to do something."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm

"The Ack'Cha Family might be willing to take them in..." The Pixie suggests on the logic that because they're both Thri-Kreen along with her leading them there might her former Masters go with such an idea.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 pm

((It's dono, not domo.))

The thri-kreen looked a bit uncomfortable hearing the stream of questions. "He said she would be near the daimyo's own family but, somewhat aside." He does his best to describe a particular spot high up on the hill facing the splitting waters of the rivers a bit to the north of the castle where the nobles gather for this event. Both Alma and Cyrtanthus have been there before. It's not a huge area but, it's large enough for a few dozen nobles and their immediate families who are invited by the Daimyo to sit in the main area and for several more to sit on the outskirts, which is where you'd normally find a noble's hostage if they were in attendance.

"No, I was to approach on my own and his guards would know to let me past."

"I don't know his guards but, he is not a great lord so his servants should be few." He continues his reply to the second question as he gives Skaimos an odd look, "Certainly not ninja. Not that anyone would insult ninja by assigning them as mere guards or could afford to do so even if they would." After a pause, "To guard a child? I'm not certain but, I doubt he would spare more than two or three of his men for such a task."

"I believe he would be in attendance with his own family, if they accompanied him here, but, with the other nobles."

"Yes, I can flee far enough away that he will not seek me out. I do not think it would be wise for me to beg the Daimyo's aid in this as, who am I to him compared to an invited noble guest? Besides, it is not the Daimyo he plans for me to work against. I believe it would put my daughter in grave danger if Iykta-domo were to find out the Daimyo had learned of his plans for me." By the end he is starting to sound somewhat afraid.

"Thank you for the thought Pixie-san but, I do not think it would be safe for us in this city and it would only lead to trouble for the Ack'Cha."
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Cyrta nods in understanding at the Thri-Kreen's choice at turning down her suggestion. That train of logic made a lot of sense to her and that choice only made him seem more honorable and respectable in her eyes. She'd fight all the more to save his daughter... And her desire to punish the kidnappers with lots of fire grows as well. "Umm... This most likely is a dumb question... I am known for making them form time to time... But, your Daughter is a Thri-Kreen, right? And to follow up with a slightly smarter question; Thri-Kreen-sama, what else does she look like?"
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:42 pm

He laughs and says, "Yes, she is a thri-kreen. She is only ten so she is...well, not so small as you. She has beautiful dark gold coloring, almost like her mother's was. I would be surprised if you could mistake anyone else for her. Just to be cautious though..." He then gives some details about her antenna and such that are basically meaningless to everyone aside from Thriss.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:49 pm

"I'm certain we can convince this Iykta-dono to release your daughter. When should we arrive at the meeting place?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5673
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Skaimos turned to look at Alma. "Convince? I'm not sure if we have anything to bargain with, Lex-Iya-san. I was thinking more along the lines of sneaking to the outskirt area, distracting or dispatching the guards as necessary, and hopefully getting the girl out before Iykta-dono or any of the other nobles were even aware. What did you have in mind?"
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm

"Fire is always useful as a distraction..." The Pixie offers with an grin as she summons one of her fireballs she was playing not all that long ago.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm

"I was going to, I don't know, talk to him? He is a noble, he must be willing to engage in diplomatic conversation. And," Alma's expression changes to what must be some kind of deviousness "it would behoove him to at least consider the request from two Highborns, accompanied by their Thri-Kreen retainer and Pixie and Dwarf servants. It's politics, and a show of aristocratic influence is certainly more acceptable than subversion or violence." She wears a bold expression as she explains her idea. Then, looking back at Skaimos, it is dropped and replaced with a meek blush. "Oh, unless you think your plan is better, Terai-san. I would be willing to go along with it."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5673
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Cyrtanthus puts out her fireball at Alma's suggestion. "Oh, my... I really like your suggestion, Genasi-sama."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Tordek was furious. As a dwarf, he was raised to know that family and clan comes first. To kidnap a child, separate her from her father... inexcusable. Well, he undermined that idea by leaving the clan, but that was beside the point. Tordek was ready to go and kick some noble ass... but then he heard the plan. A dwarf servant? Hells, he was used to that. He could go along with that. But the instant things turned sour, he would not hesitate. Nothing changes one's mind like an axe straight through it!
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Skaimos smiled. "Hmm, you may be right, Lex-Iya-san. A non-violent solution would be preferable, if possible. While my family may be of the merchant caste, I believe that the Terai name may help carry some wait. I will cede to your judgement." Skaimos then had a thought, then frowned. "But do you think we can have an audience with him? The main area is for invited guests, and Iykta-dono's guards most likely will not let all of us past with the father."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 am

The thri-kreen has a look of horror on his face, "What? I cannot come with you. If I do he will know that I have told you and my daughter's life would be forfeit. Maybe you can persuade him to release her but, if you cannot I do not want to risk her life. Please, whatever you do, do not let him know that we spoke. In fact, it may be better if I do not know your plans at all."
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 am

"Do not worry, Thri-Kreen-sama... I do not think that Tiefling-sama didn't mean to imply you'd be joining us..." The Pixie assures the poor father.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 am

Alma beams at the support her plan is receiving. "Oh, no, Thri-Kreen-san, I was not intending to bring you along, but, well... We will need to tell him that we spoke. I can't think of any other reason we could come up with to approach him and ask about your daughter. Do not worry, we will not allow any harm to come to her during the meeting, and if you can come up with how you plan to escape, we can aid you in that as well, and keep you both safe from retribution." She bows slightly, punctuating her solemnity. She then turns back to the group, and to Skaimos in particular. "And no offense, Terai-san, as beautiful as your name is, I think you'll find mine carries a bit more weight."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5673
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 am

"If you cannot speak to him without telling him we spoke then find another way. Please. You will put my daughter and I in greater danger than you know." he says, adamantly.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 am

"Well we could just say we know of the kidnapping, but not that how we know of it?" The Pixie suggest.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 am

Skaimos spoke to the father. "Thri-Kreen-san, we all wish to help your daughter as we can. However, you mentioned that it may be best if you do not know the specifics of our plan? Would you excuse us while we deliberate?" He leads the rest of the party a short distance away.

"I didn't wish to say this in front of the father, but this could become a bit dangerous. The diplomatic option is becoming less and less likely. While it would be nice if the situation could be resolved thusly, but one thing my father taught me is that people rarely act against their own self-interest.

The scenario is thus: we try to enter the main area. It is unlikely we would be allowed to enter without an invitation, even if one of us was nobility, so we would have to ask Iykta-dono for an audience. Assuming he would allow us to bother him at a public affair, we would come before him, tell him that we know he has a hostage, and ask him to release her. Assuming he doesn't realize that the father has asked us, he will ask "Why?". If we try to tell him that his actions are dishonorable, he will laugh; if he truly was opposed to such methods of coercion, he would not have done so in the first place. We lack the money to bribe him, and I would not wish to offer my services in exchange to such a man. If we threaten him with violence, he will simply point to the daimyo, who will most likely not allow open attacks on his guests. If we threaten him with exposure, he will say it is our word against his. Not to mention that, at any time in the proceedings, Iykta-dono has but to snap his fingers, and the girl's life is forfeit." He turns to Alma. "I do not wish to undermine you or your idea, Lex-Iya-san, but I just can't see how it would work."

"Here is my alternative: We enter the outskirt area, where our presence is less likely to be questioned. Pixie-san will hold a performance, gathering the attention of the party-goers. Meanwhile, the rest of us will try to covertly as possible lead the guards away from the daughter one by one. Dropping a drink on them, insulting their mother, what have you. The last guard will have to either be knocked unconscious or possibly tricked (I have an idea of how to do so). If we are successful, we might be able to get the daughter out and back to her father without causing an uproar."

"This is merely an idea. If any of you can show me how diplomacy could be feasible, a way that my plan could be improved, or if you can think of any other plan, please speak freely."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 am

"I only preform with fire... Would there be anything that wouldn't be really bad to end up in flames if I go with this plan, Tiefling-sama?" The Pixie asked. "Not saying I couldn't do it, just I'll need to be aware of such things all the more so..." Then Cyrta hit herself. "Wait... Of course there'd be something to risk... Aren't there trees and stuff there to risk setting on fire that'd really get me HUGE trouble if I ended up setting that on fire? And there is always the buildings... Normally I'm good with not setting those on fire... But hey... The stress of this mission might make me slip... Weither I like admitting that or not..."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-31
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 pm

"Oh, no, I can't think of anything else." Alma looks down, meekly. "Of course, your plan is much better, Terai-san. I could, um...." Her voice trails off, as she tries to think of what part she could play. "I don't think I know how I can be of assistance though. Sneaking around, or... um, how would, or what do you want me to do." Alma is visibly nervous, almost embarrassed about asking. "Whatever you think I should do, Terai-san. I am certain you would know best."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5673
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 pm

"I like this plan," said Tordek. "Not as much as going in there and taking out every guard, but that's not an option, clearly. If it's a drinking distraction that the guards need, then I'm sure they'd love to try and out-drink a dwarf."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 am

Skaimos nodded. "We don't know much about the situation with the guards, so we'll have to play it a bit by ear. Pixie-san, we will try to have you perform in an open area so there's less chance of you accidentally burning things. Lex-Iya-san, I'm sure that I'll find a way for you to help. Tordek-san, if you can convince one of the guards to challenge you, a drinking contest would be a great way to deal with one of the guards. If we are all agreed on this plan, then we can proceed."

He then turned back to the father. "We believe we have a plan to save Mykaila-chan. However, we are not sure if we will secure her before or after you are expected to arrive. Is there a meeting place where we could meet up with you once we have her? Oh, and forgive me, but I don't seem to recall hearing your name. What was it again?"
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:17 am

"Oh, my apologies Terai-san, I am Nale Mefas, a please to meet all of you. We could meet here again perhaps? Unless there is somewhere else you would prefer?"
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 am

"No, this should be fine. We will meet back here once we have your daughter. We will do our best to help you, Mefas-san." Skaimos bows and turns to leave, but then stops and looks back. "One more thing. Is there a message or phrase we could tell your daughter so that she knows she can trust us? She may be hesitant to cooperate if she believes that she is merely being transferred from one set of kidnappers to another."
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 am

"Hmmm. I think...yes. If you tell her the spirits sent you, I believe she will understand. And if anyone overhears it won't put her in danger."
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum