Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

+9
A1C Bronymous
Jason Shadow
Doc pseudopolis
Ramsus
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
elfowlgirl
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
13 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) Empty Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 am

I've been wondering, what if we started a game with everyone or mostly everyone using joke templates for the lulz? I'm not sure if this would be better for a Play by Post game or Skype Game... Not even sure if I'd end up having to play GM. (if anyone else would wanta GM, by all means do) I'm just wondering who here would enjoy trying out the joke race templates to see how well they are?

EDIT: GM - Me (Oh deer gods why? First time GMin' and it's going to be something this crazy... >.>; )
List of Players/Character Sheet Links
elfowlgirl/Rolled Scroll (minor hidden goal approved)
Many Faces/Quarrel (hidden goal approved)
Quietkal/Grinding Gears (hidden goal approved)
Ramsus/Ersa (hidden goal approved)
Doc pseudopolis/Klaue des Adlerhorst (hidden goal approved)
Brony 7 of 9/Ivana Haysing (hidden goal approved)
Grey Pen/"Time Pony"

TO DO LIST (Stuff I need to deal with before "The Canpaign of Jokers" can start, will cross out when done)
All Player Character Sheets Finished with also their own Hidden Goal chosen & approved
My GM-PC Monster Slayer Character Sheet Finished (non-issue now and hopefully will never be needed)
Joke Destinies ("Monster Slayer" Destiny, "Little Tiffany" Destiny, "Friendly *Neigh*-borhood Monster" Destiny, "Total Joker" Destiny, and "Pony Horror" Destiny)
Campaign Plotlines Outline doc (I've got ideas, but nothing else so is online)
Campaign Monsters doc (work has been done, not yet finished)
Campaign NPCs doc (Major NPCs will end up getting their own Sheet) (Must have starting NPCs up before crossed off)
Campaign Items doc (it's been made, but it's blank and now I'm feeling like putting in items for everyone to have and stuff, send me an email link so you all can add your items and I will be putting items you can buy up in there too)
Campaign Tons Of Fun doc (work has been done)
Setting Info (started work on it, got a lot more work, I've left a preview here)
Racial-Templated Monster Stats

Campaign Setting Info:

This campaign is set in an Equestria very different then the show we all know and love. About sometime in between the time-gap of season two and season three where a major event known only as The Day of Weirdness happened... The full effects of this event are still not totally completely known. The Day of Weirdness brought from out of nowhere what was known as The First Monsters. These were five different beasts, one Robot, one Vampire, one Werewolf, one Weretimberwolf, and one Ghostie. The First Monsters attacked every major city you could think of... But thankfully while the damages to the towns were major, the loss of life was very minimum thanks to the quick action of the Mane Six. Far as anyone knows The First Monsters are all dead or have been sealed away forever somewhere, much like how Discord still is... But there is fear that there are two hidden First Monsters like for the Half-Clouds and the Two-Sevenths-Draconequus. (And as you could guess, both Quarrel and Ersa ARE the missing "First Monsters" but that doesn't really mean much of anything for either of them. But if they and other people were to find out, people would lock them up) Now, The Day of Weirdness happened about 100 years ago by the time start this campaign. And the six different monsters find themselves locked up in a cell... Unable to recall why they're here... Or what happened for the last week or so of their lives.

“Robot Police” - Crazed Monster Slayers who wish to destroy ALL robots regardless of how hostile they are pony society or for any other logical reason. They can’t be reasoned with and killing them has next to no penalty. Even for a Monster Slayer... Their madness has been tried many times by many different people to be fixed, but all times have failed. Their “Weirdness” levels are just too high for anything but a mercy killing to be done.

Civilian Monsters
Thanks to strong action by The Royal Princesses some poor Monsters out there have gained papers and ID to keep them safe from the Order of Monster Slayer. While they still have their power to harm them just like any other templated beastie out there, killing a Civilian Monster is equal to killing a normal pony.

Changelings: While they’re not a templated race, thanks to the effects of the Day of Weirdness and other factors, Princess Cadence was turned into the Changeling Queen and is now known as Queen Cadence. Mostly she is just doing what she can to keep Changeling and non-changeling relationship alright. Because of this, all Changeling are in fact Civilians, but are seen as second-class citizens, this sentement has cause some level of civil tension. But so far nothing major has happened, and there sadly still is some level of racism towards Changelings.

Robots: All of the Clockwork Ponies are Civilians and next to Half-Clouds, Clockwork Ponies are the most welcomed in society, mostly because ⅓rd of Clockwork Ponies are normal ponies that because of extremely weak organs they had at a very young age, their entire insides were converted into clockwork, they count as Robots and have three special combat talent to wind themselves up to either heal, take two turns, or gain pips. Another Third of Clockwork Ponies are more or less, just ponies with some clockwork automail, these ones count as being half-robotic and are half immune to the effects of “If the World isn’t going to love me!” Rage-Bot talent. (IE: can’t be weakened by it and take only half damage from the attack) And the last third of Clockwork Ponies are oddly enough just normal ponies born with clockwork as apart of their body to some degree... There are a few rare Rage-Bots that have been fixed from their rage programing... And those are counted as Civilians too... As long as a Rage-Bot isn't rapaging they're also counted as Civilians.

Vampires: ⅔rds of all Civilian Vamps are trying to be good guys, but Civilian Vamps are always very much mistrusted the most out of all the Civilian Monsters by the world at large. The weirdest thing is that vampires that try to do good quickly find it easier for them to stay good and do more good.

Werewolf: About ¼ of all Werewolves have become Civilians, but over half of all werewolves who have not agreed to become Civilians are like such not because they don’t want to or wish to harm others, but just there is major social stigma for a Werewolf to get such papers/ID... It’s sorta like a “don’t ask, don’t tell” type of mindset for most werewolves. Still those that do in fact get through the hoops and become a Werewolf Civilian aren’t really viewed any less than changelings are. (admittedly that’s not all that great)

Weretimberwolf: ⅛ of all Weretimberwolves have become Civilians, but all of the same drawbacks that the Werewolf have are the same here... They also have a natrual dislike of technology and like more to live in some place with less tech as possible. Most Weretimberwolves be them Civilian or not, enjoy to live in the Everfree.

Ghostie: Less rare to see Civilian Ghosts then you’d think given the fact Ghosts are mostly feared by everyone... And the bonds of friendship help give them more power to do new and cool talents with their ghostly talents.

Half-Could: All Could Ponies are totally welcomed with open hooves into society. But Half-Coulds of non-ponies aren’t that lucky and are treated as odd, but overall still aren’t rejected or viewed as second-class citizens so that’s something.

Two-Sevenths-Draconequus: This Monster is mostly unknown about, therefore they are unknowingly welcomed in Pony Society. As long as they don’t show signs of actively trying to free Discord or any type of Hostile attacks on society as a whole, they’re mostly just unbothered, but The Monster Slayers do try their best to keep their eyes on all Two-Sevenths-Draconequus’ that are alive.

Monster Slayers: The Monster Slayer Order normally you are a member for life, but some do grow tired of the fight and decide to retire... Those that do this are in fact treated with less fear than active Monster Slayers, given the fact they’ve given up the act of killing, something that society never approved of at any level. But active Monster Slayers aren’t counted as Civilians... So take that what you will. While there are major issues of fear to any Active Monster Slayers, they are in fact deeply respected and their word over any other monster races are taken at face value because they’re Honor Bond to not lie about such things.

Joke Race Info
Robot: They come in four flavors: P-LMDs, Clockwork-Ponies, Rage-Bots, and the Beeforged related robots...
Vampire: A mostly evil race that are well known to be evil. There are the rare few that are good ponies and friendly neighborhood vamps, but never are they very open about their true race most of the time they hold a bit of self-shame.
Werewolf & Weretimberwolf: Infections are RARE and normally only ever happen if the 'wolf in question is killed in battle. Normally people end up like this by some kind of curse or are willingly changed by a rural. And there are the uncommon ones that are just born as a werewolf or weretimberwolf...
Ghostie: Overall a very neutral race, that is just mostly feared by mostly everyone else. Some make friends with Ghosties and their bonds of friendship help them greatly in many ways.
Half-Cloud: Out of all the Joke Races, this one is the almost all of pony society have come to expect and see them as one of them... Well at lest the Cloud-Ponies are equal in standing as any of the other three pony types. (all of the Crystal Ponies turning Half-Cloud on the Day of Weirdness was a major factor in this bit of social shift) But non-pony Half-Clouds aren't that lucky, but they are at lest lucky enough to be
Two-Sevenths-Draconequus: Semi-rare to see, even rarer for them to even know they are even a child of chaos, but they're ALWAYS wild cards on the moral scale. The only thing that all of them feel, is only be able to think good things on the topic of Discord being freed again. Some wish they could find a way to help free Discord, but not have any clue on the how. Some are trying to find a way to free Discord again... Most of those types end up meeting their end by the hands of a Monster Slayer. And the rest don't even feel any impulse to look for a way to free Discord cause they feel they've got more important things to deal with, like their family and friends. Most are either born into this race from any of the many different races, but there are a 777 number of them that are that way that come from the Day of Weirdness, and where thrown into the future. (
Monster Slayer: They are an Order known to most as Harmony's Slayers... And as you can guess by their name, they both hold what's left of the Elements and where founded by the mane six in reponce to, The First Monsters, one of the biggest and dangerous after-effects of the Day of Weirdness.

Racial-Templated Monster Effects:
Robot: Most likely cannot be stunned and/or weakened and most likely will automatically die when they reach 0 hit points. Rolls up to three times a round for save ends, one before turn, one after turn, and one at the end/start of round, can only roll another time if the roll is a 9 or lower. But might have to get 15 or higher to make the save and just getting between 10-14 will just make it temporary not affect them one turn. P-LMDs can be stunned but are immune to being weakened. Clockwork-Ponies can be weakened but are immune to being stunned. Rage-Bots are immune to both stun and weaken, but can’t roll up to three times a round for all other save ends. Beeforged related robotics flip a coin when stun or weaken is inflicted on them if won they resist the effect. (Yes, robots will come in four different flavors in this. No, you can only have the normal bot type as a character. Those ones are called in slang as "Rage-Bots" by most people, Cyber Stalkers on the other hand call them "True-Robots".)
Vampire: Auto-Die at 0 HP. Resistance 5 when not in sunlight. Whenever an enemy suffers from ongoing damage, vampires gain an equal amount of hit points to the amount that the enemy loses. Lose resist 5 and gains Vulnerability 10 whenever they are in direct sunlight. This penalty decreases to Vulnerability 5 in partial shade. Will have sun shielding talents. Healing talents do not help them but hurt them, both ally and enemy... Temporary HP gives ongoing damage. 5 resist to Ongoing damage and getting it gives them some regen for 1d4-1 turns.
Werewolf: All will have a Once per Round Free Action to shift between Wolf and Base forms. Different traits and combat talents for each form.
Weretimberwolf: Will have a Once per Round Free Action to Shift between Wolf and Base forms. Different traits and combat talents for each form.
Ghostie: Unless otherwise stated they spend one or more HP to use a combat talent.
Half-Cloud: All damage is halved (rounded down), gains no resistance, and vulnerability is doubled.
Two-Sevenths-Draconequus: Unknown, it’ll be a case by case basis. I don’t plan at this time for you all to meet another one... But that might change later on.
Monster Slayer: All Racial-Templated will be taking extra damage from their single target attacks. And might have Disabling items. One of the monster party members might be their personal weakness. (IE: the race that can KO them the easiest by use of their racial combat talents)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 43 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) Empty Re: Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I feel compelled to point out that there is a typo in the title because if someone else does they may do something silly like tell you to fix it.

When in reality that typo just makes things SBaHJish enough to be an absolutely beautiful addition to the idea.

The idea, by the way, is sound - though I don't think I'd participate in the canpaign myself, if this does take off the ground I shall be watching. In earnest.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) Empty Re: Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Well... I'm more hoping there is somebody other then myself out there that wouldn't mind trying out the Joke Templates. Thanks for catching the Typo, and I agree with your logic that I should keep it as is for the SBaHJ-ishness that fits very well with the topic in question.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:29 pm

I would totally love to play Smile
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Well that's two players OR One GM and a Player... So that's something...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Count me in too! This sounds fun! (Although I can't help but wonder if we could make up our own templates provided you approve them before use. A party full of vampires and robots might get a little dull after a while.)
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Count me in too! This sounds fun! (Although I can't help but wonder if we could make up our own templates provided you approve them before use. A party full of vampires and robots might get a little dull after a while.)
I guess you've not checked it in a while, there are MORE then just vamps and robots on that page now. xD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Count me in too! This sounds fun! (Although I can't help but wonder if we could make up our own templates provided you approve them before use. A party full of vampires and robots might get a little dull after a while.)
I guess you've not checked it in a while, there are MORE then just vamps and robots on that page now. xD

Really? Huh. I'll have to go see what's new there. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Hmm, I'm liking the sounds of Two-Sevenths Draconequus! Give me a bit and I'll whip up a character sheet.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am

And here we go! Meet Quarrel!

In case you're wondering who Banana Nut Sundae is, she's a character of mine from another campaign who serves Discord.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 am

Made mine, too!

Here's Rolled Scroll.

He's a ghostie Wink

Will do an actual picture later.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:49 am

elfowlgirl wrote:Made mine, too!

Here's Rolled Scroll.

He's a ghostie Wink

Another templated pegasus, huh? This'll be good. :pinkiehappy:

Just throwing my opinion out there, but I actually really like the picture you have now. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Here's Rolled Scroll.

He's a ghostie Wink

Just throwing my opinion out there, but I actually really like the picture you have now. Very Happy

Heheh, thanks.

I did a final picture anyway, complete with cutie mark (probably the best cutie mark I've ever done 9.9)
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:49 am

elfowlgirl wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Here's Rolled Scroll.

He's a ghostie Wink

Heheh, thanks.

I did a final picture anyway, complete with cutie mark (probably the best cutie mark I've ever done 9.9)

...and you say you're only a decent artist? You're terrific! Forget the old picture, this one is marvelous! Very Happy

Now I'm even more motivated to work out my webcomic chars so I can see you draw them. ^.^
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 am

Personally don't like the idea of to much of the same race in one campaign... Sure we could run with it... but I do hope the next people don't choose pegasi... Or even picks to be "normal" cause nothing is saying everyone has to take a joke character. Or even somebody picking to be GM... And I've gotta admit no clue when ever we'd even have a real plot and stuff.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Personally don't like the idea of to much of the same race in one campaign... Sure we could run with it... but I do hope the next people don't choose pegasi... Or even picks to be "normal" cause nothing is saying everyone has to take a joke character. Or even somebody picking to be GM... And I've gotta admit no clue when ever we'd even have a real plot and stuff.

Real plot? What do we need that for? It's a joke campaign anyway, might as well make the plot all wonky as well.

That said, I had kind of assumed you were gonna Faust. Evidently I was wrong. Hmm, who can we get to Faust for us?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Real plot? What do we need that for? It's a joke campaign anyway, might as well make the plot all wonky as well.

That said, I had kind of assumed you were gonna Faust. Evidently I was wrong. Hmm, who can we get to Faust for us?
I more question my skills to GM... But I will if nobody else will. And we need some sort of plotline to work with or else it'll totally be boring!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:36 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Real plot? What do we need that for? It's a joke campaign anyway, might as well make the plot all wonky as well.

I more question my skills to GM... But I will if nobody else will. And we need some sort of plotline to work with or else it'll totally be boring!

I have no desire to Faust, mainly because I already am Fausting a game.

Well, I personally think that if it's your first time Fausting a game, it might as well be one that's a joke campaign anyway. Smile

As for plot, well, we do need one, but it needn't be especially serious or complicated, given the campaign. Random ideas: maybe someone put a price on Blueblood's head that we're all trying to collect, maybe we're being paid exorbitant amounts of money to go look for the missing sea ponies, or maybe we're in Daring Do verse and are tripping over each other trying to get the artifacts she's uncovering. Of course, if you come up with another idea, feel free to use it.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 am

I'd say I'd be able to GM, but then it'd be very short, not well thought out, and disappointing on the whole.
On a different note, I'm working on a Robot Unicorn for the group. Because robot unicorn.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:13 am

If Xel's gonna run, I'll join. I'll look later to see what the party doesn't yet have. Query, may I (and I suppose anyone else who wants to) use this as an opportunity to test out my new race mechanics? (Because it would soooooo be an accurate test with the joke templates on top somehow.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 am

After the little talk with Ramsus I'm feeling a bit more upto running this thing... But I'll only start up building a plot after we've got a full party... Gotta know what I'm working with before I build the plot around them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 am

Ramsus wrote:If Xel's gonna run, I'll join. I'll look later to see what the party doesn't yet have. Query, may I (and I suppose anyone else who wants to) use this as an opportunity to test out my new race mechanics? (Because it would soooooo be an accurate test with the joke templates on top somehow.)
I'm already going with crazy joke telmpates, build whatever you like... Just try not to have to many of one race. (even if they've got different sub-races, it's just too simalar if we get to much pegasi.) Hell I suggest you use that Brash Landing character I've heard so much about. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 am

Grinding Gears is going to be a support-ish type for combat, and a totally normal unicorn with CM in Mechanics and no real focus on spells outside of combat.
Yes, his name is Grinding Gears.
If you know that's a SPG reference, then you have just won the internet. Congratulations.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 am

Also, I do wanta note, that the fact you all will be playing monsters will NOT be a good thing in character, and will be a big factor to the Role Play side of things. And I will try to have my fights be a challenge for all you Jokers...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 am

Last edited by Quietkal on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next