The Sun Sets

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Three days ago, everypony in Equestria was talking about the big event. The Grand Galloping Gala. For anyone in attendance, it was sure to be the best night ever. Today, most can barely fathom how wrong they all were. How wrong everything was.

Conflicting reports from across the country didn’t help. No one could be sure what had happened. Not until the official statement came from the throne. A statement that broke the hearts of thousands of ponies everywhere. A statement made by Princess Luna, three hours after the sun should have risen.

Assassination.

Many were suspicious- some accused Luna of being behind the attack, as an attempt to seize control again. But when the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony came to her defense, nopony could understand, what, how it had happened. The official report came some time after- that the night of the Gala, a string of monster attacks on major cities took place. Manehattan, Fillydelphia, and Cloudsdale all were hit, and in the confusion, the assassin struck- in the middle of the Palace, on the busiest night of the year. And that was it- the assassin was apprehended shortly after. No details were given, no motive, no name. All they grieving ponies knew was that the one responsible had been brought to justice.

But what did that mean? No trial took place, no execution. Princess Luna made no further statements regarding the event. That was it. Princess Celestia was dead. And nothing was bringing her back. At her funeral two days later, thousands of Ponies arrived to pay their respects. In a show of good faith, the rulers and diplomats from other Kingdoms made appearances, offering condolences. The new, sole ruler of Equestria, Princess Luna, openly wept as she raised the sun for the first time since her sister’s passing. She declared that it would remain in the sky for one whole week, as a memorial.

Nopony is really sure how it happened, or even that this isn’t some terrible dream they have yet to awake from. But this is the Equestria they now live in, one where their Eternal Sun, their endless star of love, kindness, and hope, has finally set.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Neighagara Falls is a town built around a massive waterfall of the same name, a few days north of Canterlot. It’s out of the way location meant that it was spared from a monster attack the night of the Gala- at least, a monster attack to such a degree. While Cloudsdale fought off a Dragon, and Fillydelphia and Manehattan were hit by Ursas, the most that Neighagara Falls saw that night were a few wild beasts and stampedes, driven away by the chaos elsewhere.

That isn’t to say that Neighagara was left undamaged that night. Many ponies were injured in the attack- some rather severely, but none killed- and many small houses and shops along the outskirts were damaged or destroyed. The town clinic began taking in injured and homeless, but is short on staff and awaiting resupply from outside of town.

Coupled with the heartbreaking news of Princess Celestia’s death, this devastation, while minor in comparison to the larger cities, has brought in volunteers from towns unaffected by the havoc of that night, and rebuilding has begun.


Last edited by Bronymous on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:32 pm

He was a thief, that much was a given. But he wasn't a monster. He wasn't going to let a town suffer while robbing it blind. Unless the money was good and he didn't have to harm anyone, but that was an entirely different issue.

So when a dark brown pony with a blonde mane showed up and started to help put the town's homes back together, no one was suspicious. After all, ponies are as a rule sympathetic creatures, known for helping people out of the goodness of their hearts, without a thought for any reward they might have. If push came to shove, at least when work started to pile in the pony secretly living a double life as the gentleman thief Dodger knew exactly how the buildings were laid out.

He didn't have his costume on, of course - too recognizable in broad daylight. Then again, perhaps people would accept Dodger (as Dodger) being there if he were helping, but he didn't want to take that risk - not with guards on high alert after the death of the princess. A real shame, that. For work purposes, it basically ruined any chance of robbing the palace and most of Canterlot, but the idea that a benevolent, immortal princess would be killed in cold blood... There are things even criminals despise.

But ponies are dependable creatures. Ponies carry on no matter what the odds, because one can't simply stop living due to a tragedy. Life is too strong for that.


Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Hard work! That was what Shooting Star was getting used to at the clinic. Hard work.

Every day, more and more ponies would show up. Though they couldn't do much for some of them, their family and friends around them were enough to do good.

Star was glad she had come here. Even if they were slowly running out of what little supplies they had, she was glad.
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Dr. Stormeye looked up from the patient he currently wrapping in gauze, and at the declining gauze quantity. It wasn't just the gauze, but anti-septics, antibiotics, various painkillers that were continously being used, were being used up.

Hopefully, this patient, injured in a bunny stampede, would be the last one of the day.

Dr. Stormeye rubbed his head with his hoof.

"This is really harshing my mellow."

He turned to Shooting Star.

"Eventually, we'll need somepony to run out and get more supplies."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Cardbo wrote:Dr. Stormeye looked up from the patient he currently wrapping in gauze, and at the declining gauze quantity. It wasn't just the gauze, but anti-septics, antibiotics, various painkillers that were continously being used, were being used up.

Hopefully, this patient, injured in a bunny stampede, would be the last one of the day.

Dr. Stormeye rubbed his head with his hoof.

"This is really harshing my mellow."

He turned to Shooting Star.

"Eventually, we'll need somepony to run out and get more supplies."

"And where, exactly are we going to get it from?" She shook the sleep from her eyes. "I've been calling in favors from a few friends, but there aren't exactly many ponies who can spare what little they have right now."
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

"Cloudsdale might work. Their medical wing might have supplies that they'd be willing to lend us."

He added. "It is going to be a bit of trip."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Ramsus on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Holy Smokes took another drag of his cigarette before tossing it over the waterfall and watching it tumble down, spiraling smoke as it went, before it was swallowed up by the rushing waters. He was anxious for something to do but, he'd been kicked out of the hospital and the small amount of other members the church had here had about as much clue what to do as he did. He knew he'd probably eventually have to go to Canterlot but, he wanted to delay that for as long as possible to avoid being caught up in any politics and the general mayhem and horseshit that would likely be stirred up, like there wasn't enough to worry about already. Traveling alone would probably be pretty dangerous right now but, that was just another excuse he was giving himself and wasn't something that would really stop him from going anywhere when he had to.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm

"...And that's how Sceltie saved the day."

The vibrantly green unicorn was feeling everything but vibrant. Not physically off, no: Her ponykinesis and arms were far too weak to be of any use in the reconstruction efforts, but emotionally, entirely drained. Her gig was to be flair and cheer, something desperately needed in these times, but being so when you weren't feeling it was the hardest part of a showmare's job.

'Not the usual crowd.' Emerald Trance thought as she looked over the smiling faces of the tiny fillies and colts sitting in a circle around her. She had luckily happened to be on vacation to see the Falls when disaster struck, but it worried her terribly what might be happening at her home in Stalliongrad, having received no news on whether or not its been spared. Seeing even this minor devastation was terrible, and when the few colts and fillies were coming in from the city outskirts, some without parents, seeming more confused and worried than hurt, she did the only thing she could. Luckily every showmare knows a few child-friendly tales.

So she set up shop in the clinic waiting room. No space for flashy shows, but if she was just speaking and keeping the foals occupied, it seems few had any issue with her taking up two chairs as a tiny stage. Displaced ponies were getting checked in here just in case anyways, never know with so much magic on the loose, so it was quite crowded, but a little distraction was hopefully just what the doctor ordered.

Emerald spied the doctor talking to what she supposed was a nurse (odd cutie-mark for a nurse, but not one to judge), and stepped over to them. 'Cloudsdale was hit hard, I doubt they'll be of any use for medical supplies, but they've got links everywhere, might find out about sis.' She waved back at the children asking her for another tale and turned to the two. "Did you just say Cloudsdale? I need to get there, but with everything that's happened, I'm a bit worried to go alone."
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:
Emerald spied the doctor talking to what she supposed was a nurse (odd cutie-mark for a nurse, but not one to judge), and stepped over to them. 'Cloudsdale was hit hard, I doubt they'll be of any use for medical supplies, but they've got links everywhere, might find out about sis.' She waved back at the children asking her for another tale and turned to the two. "Did you just say Cloudsdale? I need to get there, but with everything that's happened, I'm a bit worried to go alone."

"Yes, its where I studied medicine. Even if they don't have supplies at that moment, they'll more than likely have some coming into them soon."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Cardbo wrote:
RavenscroftRaven wrote:
Emerald spied the doctor talking to what she supposed was a nurse (odd cutie-mark for a nurse, but not one to judge), and stepped over to them. 'Cloudsdale was hit hard, I doubt they'll be of any use for medical supplies, but they've got links everywhere, might find out about sis.' She waved back at the children asking her for another tale and turned to the two. "Did you just say Cloudsdale? I need to get there, but with everything that's happened, I'm a bit worried to go alone."

"Yes, its where I studied medicine. Even if they don't have supplies at that moment, they'll more than likely have some coming into them soon."

"And I grew up in Cloudsdale. I know quite a few ponies around there." Star thought for a moment. "We could all go together. More ponies can take back more supplies. We'd stay safer in a group."
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:44 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"Yes, its where I studied medicine. Even if they don't have supplies at that moment, they'll more than likely have some coming into them soon."

"And I grew up in Cloudsdale. I know quite a few ponies around there." Star thought for a moment. "We could all go together. More ponies can take back more supplies. We'd stay safer in a group."
The brown earth pony was relieved of his shift and headed inside just in time to hear talk about heading to Cloudsdale.

"Getting supplies? I can help with that if you'd like."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

"Yeah, we're thinking of making a run to Cloudsdale for medical supplies."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:15 pm

The brown pony looks around.

"If you don't mind hearing the obvious, you could use them."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:The brown pony looks around.

"If you don't mind hearing the obvious, you could use them."

"I know! Right?"
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

ET, SS, SE, D:
"You're joking, right?" You four turn to see Physical Medicine, the head doctor at the clinic listening in to your conversation. "Cloudsdale was the first place we contacted for aid. Their casualty count is far larger than ours, and they're using all they have. We should be getting a supply shipment very soon, so what we need right now are capable ponies on hand to help out." Physical Medicine turns back to a few patients who seem to be lacking any physical injuries, but all share the same symptoms of sickness. Physical checks his charts, shakes his head, and then walks off.

HS:
General mayhem and horseshit may be harder to avoid than you think, though. Even this close to the falls you can still manage to make out the sounds of ponies yelling back and forth, disorder rampant among those trying to help out. The center of town is fairly thronging with those willing to help, but with no clear idea what to do. Quite nearby, you can hear two ponies arguing over which direction to take a case of food, as neither seem to know their way around. A few feet from them is a pegasus pony laying against a pile of debris that had been carted in from the Outskirts- no doubt another symptom of the inadequacy of organization in this town.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Bronymous wrote:"You're joking, right?" You four turn to see Physical Medicine, the head doctor at the clinic listening in to your conversation. "Cloudsdale was the first place we contacted for aid. Their casualty count is far larger than ours, and they're using all they have. We should be getting a supply shipment very soon, so what we need right now are capable ponies on hand to help out." Physical Medicine turns back to a few patients who seem to be lacking any physical injuries, but all share the same symptoms of sickness. Physical checks his charts, shakes his head, and then walks off.
Fair enough. He could steal what Cloudsdale had, but there were a number of reasons why that wouldn't work.

"I've been working construction outside, but was relieved. If you need an assistant, I'm still looking for something to do."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Bronymous wrote:ET, SS, SE, D:
"You're joking, right?" You four turn to see Physical Medicine, the head doctor at the clinic listening in to your conversation. "Cloudsdale was the first place we contacted for aid. Their casualty count is far larger than ours, and they're using all they have. We should be getting a supply shipment very soon, so what we need right now are capable ponies on hand to help out." Physical Medicine turns back to a few patients who seem to be lacking any physical injuries, but all share the same symptoms of sickness. Physical checks his charts, shakes his head, and then walks off.

Stormeye turns his eyes and floats on his cloud over to the sick patients. He slips a facemask on and some gloves onto his hooves.

"Can you tell me just the basic facts? Can you show me where it hurts?"

He turns his head. "Shooting Star, can you assist me here?"

OOC:Medicine check on the sick pony.
Roll(1d20)+10:
16,+10
Total:26
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Cardbo wrote:Stormeye turns his eyes and floats on his cloud over to the sick patients. He slips a facemask on and some gloves onto his hooves.

"Can you tell me just the basic facts? Can you show me where it hurts?"

He turns his head. "Shooting Star, can you assist me here?"

OOC:Medicine check on the sick pony.
Roll(1d20)+10:
16,+10
Total:26

Spoiler:
Assist heal check: Roll(1d20)+7:
17, +7
Total: 24

Star nodded. "Right on it." She lugged the box of supplies over to Stormeye.


Last edited by elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 pm

The earth pony looked carefully at the sick patients, looking to see how they reacted.


Spoiler:
Assist Perception Check: 1d20 (11) + 10 = 11. As an Earth Pony I give a +4 bonus instead of +2 if the assist is successful.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 am

Stormeye: Heal check: 26+2 (asst)=28
None of the ponies are cognizant enough to answer you. At a glance they all appear to be shivering, despite having been bundled up in blankets- in fact, they are all sweating as well. Two of them, a mare and her foal by the looks of them, are huddled together, silently, except for a few wracking coughs. The third, a young Unicorn stallion, is moaning as if in pain. You get a decent look in his mouth when this happens, and notices his tongue seems to be swelling. After thoroughly checking them over, they have no external injuries, save for a small cut on the unicorn's leg.

Emerald:
While the others attend to those three, a small pegasus filly approaches you. "Excuse me, miss, but I can't find my mommy. Can you help?" SHe has bandages around both of her wings, as well as her back right hoof. She appears to be on the verge of tears.


Last edited by Bronymous on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 am

Holy Smokes shrugs and figures it's time to stop slacking off. Not for just him but everypony else he finds along his way too. Starting with that pegasus. He walks down over to him and kicks him (not hard enough to injure) and growls at her, "Do something useful you lazybones. You can start by directing those two dolts before the food they're carrying spoils." and indicates the two with the crates. Without even waiting to see how that plays out he heads to wherever the noise is thickest to see who he needs to lay into to get their heads out of their asses.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 am

Holy Smokes:
As you head away from the falls, the noise of the water is replaced by the sound of chaos. Chaos everywhere. Runners are moving every direction, carrying supplies and messages to those doing heavy lifting- again, of debris from the outskirts that has no reason to be in the middle of town. As you look around for whoever is giving orders, you quite predictably cannot find them. Ponies all over are asking what they should be doing, but are being met with shrugs and irritated gestures. The Town Hall is at the center of it all, a traditional three story building. Next to that is the outdoor aid station, where ponies with fresh or minor injuries are being treated before they return to work.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 am

Right...go meet the party....for no good in character reason or plunge on ahead without them? Yeah, I know what I'm doing.


Holy Smokes sighs, "Of course." and heads into the Town Hall to see if he can find anyone who is supposed to be in charge or can at least be put in charge.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 am

Bronymous wrote:Stormeye: Heal check: 26+2 (asst)=28
None of the ponies are cognizant enough to answer you. At a glance they all appear to be shivering, despite having been bundled up in blankets- in fact, they are all sweating as well. Two of them, a mare and her foal by the looks of them, are huddled together, silently, except for a few wracking coughs. The third, a young Unicorn stallion, is moaning as if in pain. You get a decent look in his mouth when this happens, and notices his tongue seems to be swelling. After thoroughly checking them over, they have no external injuries, save for a small cut on the unicorn's leg.

Storm taps his chin with his hoof.

"Hmm..most puzzling. That cut is interesting. Do the other patients have cuts on them as well? That may be an infection vector. Shooting Star, can you assist me again?"

OOC: Do the the other patients have cuts on them? Does the cut on the unicorn's leg looks suspicious in anyway?

Roll(1d20)+10:
15,+10
Total:25

"Its also a possibility that this disease may have an arcane component as well. Lets check that as well."

OOC:Arcane check on the patients to see if this a result of some spell.
Roll(1d20)+7:
9,+7
Total:16

avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum