The Sun Sets

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 am

Storm Eye looks up. "Ah Star..Oh I see we've got another patient. Lets bring her here and take a look at her."

"Could you assist me again, please?"

OOC:Diagnosis and treatment
Roll(1d20)+10:
2,+10
Total:12
Oh wow.
Using "Medical Training" Utility Talent to bump that up to 22

OOC:Elfyowlgirl. Can you use either your Medical Training or Generosity element to bump this roll up?
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 am

Cardbo wrote:Storm Eye looks up. "Ah Star..Oh I see we've got another patient. Lets bring her here and take a look at her."

"Could you assist me again, please?"

OOC:Diagnosis and treatment
Roll(1d20)+10:
2,+10
Total:12
Oh wow.
Using "Medical Training" Utility Talent to bump that up to 22

OOC:Elfyowlgirl. Can you use either your Medical Training or Generosity element to bump this roll up?

((Sure. I'll use Medical Training as well.))

Star quickly and quietly brought over the first aid kit, opened it, and started rifling through it's contents.
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 am

Dodger smiled. He certainly appreciated confidence.

"Well, perhaps we can convince the nurse to help us just for a bit."

Dodger heads back to the hospital.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Appkes on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Jaquir hadn't been to this part of town, and had to guess his way and talk to the more friendly ponies, giving the snobbish ones a wide berth.
-----------------
Yes, Ramsus tried it, but so will I

17 + 10 = 27 for the roll.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 pm

HS, JS:
You both approach different ponies in order to get directions.
HS: 21
You ask the first pony you see, a Unicorn Mare for directions. Despite being a few inches shorter than you, she still appears to be looking down on you, and huffs before speaking in a truly infuriatingly fake high class accent. "I see the common rabble have finally started invading our neighborhood. I'm sure someone as esteemed as Figure Head would have nothing to do with the likes of you- you certainly aren't acquaintances if you don't know his home is the largest, overlooking the Plaza." She gestures north, up the street as she says this. Having unwittingly given you some basic directions, she scoffs at you once more, and then turns up her nose and walks away. You briefly contemplate putting her through a window.
JS: 27
"More friendly" is a bit of a stretch. You speak to an elderly Unicorn Stallion, who responds by staring at you, agape. "Oh my..." he rasps out, "Not you! Don't hurt me, or rob me, please, I'll tell you everything!" The old pony rattles out a fairly comprehensive set of directions to Figure Head's house, obviously afraid of what you will do to him if you don't. Judging by his words, he clearly believes you to be someone else- another Griffon of some notoriety, perhaps.

SE, SS: 32 (see OOC)
Its fairly obvious that Sunflower is suffering from the same ailment as the others- Shivering, incoherence, etc. You can also see that the bruise on her side is quite fresh and seems to be growing worse, slowly. Either she was hit with something like a log, or she is bleeding freely. Thinning of the blood was one of the symptoms of Blue Moon Powder poisoning, and put together with the cut on the Unicorn from earlier, it appears to be a symptom here. You are now more sure than ever that Blue Moon Powder is responsible, but still unsure how, why, or how to stop it.

D, ET:
Perception: 17+10=27 (D), 5+8=13 (ET)
A few minutes into your walk back to the clinic, Dodger notices movement in the alleyway behind him, followed dull thud and a yelp, the voice belonging to a foal.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5685
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Dodger stops.

"Hold on. Down the alley. Could be dangerous. Care to join me?"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Ramsus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 pm

As the huffy unicorn with the fake accent walks away, Holy Smokes flicks his still lit cigarette into her tail and rejoins with Jaquir to compare who got better directions and then presumably follow them.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Emeralds eyes flash with something dark. "Sure." She loosens her cape to the point where it is just sitting on her shoulders, freeing all shoulder movement. "This'll do. Let's go."

contingency actions:
If it looks like the hoodlums are planning on fleeing with Sunset in a bag or something in similar nature to that situation, she will trigger Magic Makes It All Complete to give herself Force Field, and use it to trap everypony inside. She will also prep using her Cape, with ponykinesis, to surround anyone that is high risk of escaping, and freeze it in place with her utility talent Immovable (charging Immovable as she enters the area, she'll waste the charge if there is no useful target) to trap them for 10 minutes. Note this is contingent, not her opening gambit, only if it looks like they may try escaping and are in danger of foalnapping or running away with something vital.
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Dodger nods and heads down the alley.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Storm pulls Star aside. "This looks like Blue Moon Poison. See here. It matches the symptoms." Storm pull the books from his saddle bags, and turns to the passages where its mentioned.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Cardbo wrote:Storm pulls Star aside. "This looks like Blue Moon Poison. See here. It matches the symptoms." Storm pull the books from his saddle bags, and turns to the passages where its mentioned.

Star started reading the pages. "And what's the supposed cure?"
avatar
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Female
Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:35 pm

"Thats the problem. It doesn't mention a cure. It doesn't specify what this Blue Moon poison is either."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 am

ET, D:
You both turn and enter the alley, prepared for a fight. But there is none to be had. A quick look around shows an empty alley, save for a small cart that has fallen over. As you see it, a familiar orange filly peeks out from around it. Seeing that she's been caught, she slowly walks out, dejected. Knowing she's in trouble, she sits at your feet and stares at the ground, offering only a mumbled, "'M sorry..."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5685
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Appkes on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:35 am

Jaquir gave the old pony a bit and walked off to where Smokes was, pondering why the poor thing had taken so badly to the sight of him. His appearance was far from pleasant, and he almost looks like a bandit or an assassin, but he was left with a feeling of not quite rightness.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 am

HS, JS:
The old pony gives you a bewildered look as you walk away. Still, he didn't earn his fortune by turning down free money, so he drops it in his coinpurse before resuming his afternoon walk. Together, the two of you begin making your way up the street, following the directions given by the old guy (as you walk away, you can faintly hear someone screaming something about their tail being on fire). The directions lead you to an extravagant two story home, complete with spire that suits a would-be warlock. Crossing the threshold and stepping onto the stoop, you notice what seem to be runic symbols carved into the door. A trail of them seem to lead across the yard, around the side of the house.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5685
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:12 am

A sigh from Emerald, as her spell triggers into a brick in the wall. She was getting totally paranoid here, this disaster was getting at her. Every shadow was a monster. Every pony was a threat. And she considered herself one of the most level-headed ponies in her family, if not simply in general. This didn't bode well for the population.

"I thought you promised to wait at the clinic for your mother, not promised to skulk in alleyways."
The scold was mild since it wasn't like the unicorn was searching for Sunset. "You need to be careful around here, I hear there's some not very nice ponies going around and breaking things. Wouldn't want you hurt because of that." The green mare's ponykinesis was nowhere near strong enough to move the silly, but she still exerted a bit of force to get her moving.

"Your mother was apparently carried back to the clinic; she got sick while she was out doing repairs, she probably came down with this weird cold everypony seems to be getting recently. I think a filly of filial piety would be there to support her, so let's walk you back for now."
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am

"No need to be sorry, little filly, just be careful. And listen to what you're told - you're not big and strong enough yet to be here by yourself. Come on, let's get you to your mother, shall we?"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Storm Eye pulls aside Physical Medicine. "Have you heard of anything called Blue Moon Poison? I've been reading up on it, and it seems to match the symptoms of whats ailing these folks."

OOC:If he asks 'Have you told anyone else about this?', I just want to say I totally called it.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Ramsus on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Holy Smokes gives the door a hard look (default) and...... knocks.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:55 am

ET, D:
Sunset brightens at the mention of her mother. She says nothing, but any remorse for her actions disappears as she beams wildly, jumping to her hooves in an attempt to run back to the clinic and to her mother. She stalls, though, and nearly falls when she accidentally puts too much weight on her injured hoof. She lets out a cry, but continues on with a slight limp, determined to get back.

Stormeye:
Physical Medicine shrugs at the name of the suspected poison. "Nothing I've veer heard of. Poison... It would make sense. Some of the supplies we've been waiting on are toxicology tests and screens- we ran out last week, after a minor food poisoning outbreak, so we haven't been able to test anypony for drugs or poisons. But if this is some kind of accidental poisoning, how has it been affecting some ponies without affecting the rest?" He ponders that for a moment, before motioning for you to follow him. "If this is simple poisoning, we should be able to at least control it, even without an antidote." He leads you into a small lab, and goes over to a cabinet with the word AnTox on it. "This medicine should at the least slow the toxins down until we can bring in the antidote." He opens the cabinet to reveal bottles of pills- or what should have been bottles of pills, instead of empty shelves. He gapes at the empty cabinet for a minute, before flying into a frenzy "There's no WAY... we had a full stock before..." He madly searches through cabinets and drawers for the misplaced medicine. "Has to be here.... WHERE IS IT!?"

HS, JS:
You knock a few times... no response. He might be asleep, or upstairs. Knocking a bit louder... still nothing. Maybe he isn't home. You bang on the door a few more times for good measure, but to no avail.
Perception: JS: 18+7=25
Looking up at the house, you can see no lights on in any of the windows (not that there would be during the day), but that one of them is ajar on the second story.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5685
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:59 am

Bronymous wrote:

Stormeye:
Physical Medicine shrugs at the name of the suspected poison. "Nothing I've veer heard of. Poison... It would make sense. Some of the supplies we've been waiting on are toxicology tests and screens- we ran out last week, after a minor food poisoning outbreak, so we haven't been able to test anypony for drugs or poisons. But if this is some kind of accidental poisoning, how has it been affecting some ponies without affecting the rest?" He ponders that for a moment, before motioning for you to follow him. "If this is simple poisoning, we should be able to at least control it, even without an antidote." He leads you into a small lab, and goes over to a cabinet with the word AnTox on it. "This medicine should at the least slow the toxins down until we can bring in the antidote." He opens the cabinet to reveal bottles of pills- or what should have been bottles of pills, instead of empty shelves. He gapes at the empty cabinet for a minute, before flying into a frenzy "There's no WAY... we had a full stock before..." He madly searches through cabinets and drawers for the misplaced medicine. "Has to be here.... WHERE IS IT!?"

"Oh this isn't good. Not good at all. Who else knew about the AnTox and had access to it?"
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 am

"The whole staff, for starters. We didn't keep it locked, it's not like there's a high demand for it! Hell, we hardly have a need for all of it, the worst we get in this town is Ponies coming in after a little Salt every once in a while, and they usually just sleep that off!" Physical Medicine takes a few breaths, and turns to face you. "I don't see why someone would pick NOW all of a sudden to raid what little supplies we have."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5685
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:26 am

Bronymous wrote:"The whole staff, for starters. We didn't keep it locked, it's not like there's a high demand for it! Hell, we hardly have a need for all of it, the worst we get in this town is Ponies coming in after a little Salt every once in a while, and they usually just sleep that off!" Physical Medicine takes a few breaths, and turns to face you. "I don't see why someone would pick NOW all of a sudden to raid what little supplies we have."

"I can think of one possible reason. The book that I read.." Storm Eye pulls out the book and turns to the appropriate page. "..mentions that the original Blue Moon Poison was spread by a cult called the 'End Of Days'. Now if we have a similar group using the same methods, they'd want to remove any method of halting the spread of the poison"

"Not the questions, is there any quick way of getting more AnTox? Or we might be able to track down who took the original supply? Maybe there are clues around."

OOC:Look for clues!
Perception Check
Roll(1d20)+7:
19,+7
Total:26
Almost a critical.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:57 am

Emerald sighs. "And you went and further hurt your hoof on top of your wings. Do you want to stunt your growth permanently, silly filly? Here, lean on me a bit and get the weight off your bad leg. We don't want you needing to bother the nurses again for a second patch-up, and from what I heard they wanted to check on your mum a bit because of what she had, so we're not in any hurry. Don't strain yourself."

Kids heal quickly. Foals do too. Don't know why she was thinking of young goats. Maybe because of the way Sunset kept hopping around. So much energy, youth had. It made for a nice change in audience, but she didn't think she could survive extended exposure to that perpetual exuberance.
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Appkes on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:52 pm

"Something's not right here..." Jaquir said, narrowing his eyes. "Hang on, is anyone looking? If not, I'm gonna take a look through that open window"
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum