The Sun Sets

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Stormeye:
Perception: 26 (horseshoes and hand grenades)
You begin to search for any clues, but the ease of which someone could have walked in an pilfered the bottles means that there isn't much to be found. Add to that the state of disarray that the room is now in, thanks to PM's frenzy earlier, and there's nothing to be found. After a moment of searching, PM turns to you. "Well, I do know of one other place we might be able to find some AnTox, but... it means dealing with him." He utters the word with disgust. "Or we could talk to old Figure Head. He might know something about this- if anyone does, it would be him. He loves anything mysterious or mystic, so he might have learned a few things. But there's no way to get more AnTox if we're already waiting on a late shipment as is."

Jaquir:
There are a few ponies on the street, but they are far enough off to be unaware of your existence, let alone be alerted to your activities or even interested in your business. Flying up to the second story, you peer into a window.
Perception: 20+7= 27 crit
Inside is what appears to be a study. A large desk sits along the wall, and papers and books litter the desk and floor. The room appears to have been ransacked rather recently, explaining the open window. No sign of Figure Head, however, though he may be somewhere else in the house. One more solid look around, and you can see a note tacked to the wall- it seems to be a list, and on it you can make out the words LUMBER, MOON, GRIFFON, CELESTIA. You can't read the rest without entering. A few short flaps to the other windows shows nothing of interest.

Star:
Having once again been left to wait, you busy yourself with clearing up the nearest aid station. As you lean down to pick up a discarded pill medical implement, two forehooves suddenly wrap around your neck from behind, and you feel a heavy weight slam against your side, knocking you to the floor. You can't move and you feel the hooves wrap tighter, choking you.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Dodger turns to Emerald.

"So, if I may, how did you get into the entertainment business? Talking about it might pass the time on the way to the clinic."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Bronymous wrote:Star:
Having once again been left to wait, you busy yourself with clearing up the nearest aid station. As you lean down to pick up a discarded pill medical implement, two forehooves suddenly wrap around your neck from behind, and you feel a heavy weight slam against your side, knocking you to the floor. You can't move and you feel the hooves wrap tighter, choking you.

Shooting Star struggled wildly, and desperately tried to throw her weight over in an effort to get whoever was choking her off.
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Bronymous wrote:Stormeye:
Perception: 26 (horseshoes and hand grenades)
You begin to search for any clues, but the ease of which someone could have walked in an pilfered the bottles means that there isn't much to be found. Add to that the state of disarray that the room is now in, thanks to PM's frenzy earlier, and there's nothing to be found. After a moment of searching, PM turns to you. "Well, I do know of one other place we might be able to find some AnTox, but... it means dealing with him." He utters the word with disgust. "Or we could talk to old Figure Head. He might know something about this- if anyone does, it would be him. He loves anything mysterious or mystic, so he might have learned a few things. But there's no way to get more AnTox if we're already waiting on a late shipment as is."

"Who is this 'Him'? And where can I find Figure Head?"

Bronymous wrote:
Star:

OOC:Does either Storm or PM hear any of this going on?
Perception for struggles in the next room
Roll(1d20)+7:
12,+7
Total:19
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Star:
You manage to wiggle loose enough to turn and see your assailant. You are met by a young Earth Pony Stallion. His eyes are out of focus and he's grinning, and drooling a bit as well (on you, gross). "Granny!" he slurs excitedly. He continues to try and hug you to death, not allowing you to move. Another nurse hears the commotion, though, and rushes over to help you out.

Stormeye:
Perception: 19 (unnecessary, I was just getting to that)
PM is about to answer you when you both hear something happening out in the hall.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm

"What the hey?" Storm rushs outside and goes over to assist Star in pulling him off.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Jaquir takes a deep breath, then hops inside the window, fully expecting to be blasted by a magical trap.
------------/--------//-///-/-
If nothing happens, he proceeds very VERY carefully downstairs to the front door unless something catches his eye.
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:23 pm

"The entertainment business?" Emerald confirms the question. "Well, I guess I can give the abridged version. I've kind of always lived in the shadow of my elder sister Beatrice. Not angry about it, she's just very talented, way more than myself. We're both from a long line of unicorn mages, and great things were expected from us. She shone like the sun itself." Emerald frowns, and takes a deep breath, leading to a heavy sigh.

"I really hope she's alright... She stopped writing to us about half a year ago, but her last letter said she needed to take a sabbatical and kind of disappeared from the map. Either way, that's my problem, not important here. What is, is that she was two years my elder, and she got into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. I hadn't earned my cutie mark yet, I asked her how she did it, how she was so good. Her answer? "Fake it 'til you make it." So I did, but maybe I did it too well." The green unicorn gives a short embarrassed laugh. "My family wasn't too happy that I became excellent at lying. Their words, not mine. But while I couldn't do all the wonderful magic my sister could, I could make it look like I did. I was kind of cast out from high society for failing their expectations. After I few months I started wandering city to city, and... Uhm... Kind of... Slightly... Maybe... Perhaps... Hit the pixie dust."

Her gaze goes to the filly, stern. "Never go that route. Trust me, just say no to it." She returns her attention to the stallion, eyes a bit darker once more. "That's a different, longer story, and not one I'll share for free. Either way, in a salt-lick, I saw a storyteller exchanging entertaining little anecdotes and tales for drinks. I thought it was pretty drab, just hearing the words, compared to the visions I've seen, so admittedly I was a bit licked at the time, but I challenged him to a storytime battle." This prompts another chuckle. "And I started using my magic, gifted through dozens of generations of nobleponies dating back as far as Svaoilfari The Frostburnt... To entertain, and bring immediate happiness to help the here and now."

Emerald Trance nods to herself, but with a downcast look. "I made it on my own, but I still kept in touch with sis. I hope she's alright." A shake of her head clears darker thoughts. "But that's a boring story. What about you, Mr. Boulder? What's your tale?"
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 pm

"Oh, I have family troubles too," said Dodger. "My apologies, before you begin, for having such pressure put on you, enough to drive you to... well, you know full well." He was careful not to make too many references, lest the young filly take a sudden interest in illicit substances.

"Mine is a family of miners," began Dodger. "Rough, hardy, strong enough to pull entire carts full of coal all by themselves. And then you have me. I was the runt of the litter, and no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't keep up. I felt much like you at the time, I imagine, but not on that scale. After all, what did I have to lose but dignity?"

Dodger shook his head. "No point musing about that now. No time, you see. Besides, I moved on. I realized my strengths weren't in mining, so I took to the business side of things. Managing bigwigs who needed coal as their fuel - and I hardly need to tell you how unruly they can get. I swear, if I had a bit for every time someone demanded coal, and demanded it yesterday... And don't get me started on how often they mocked my name! 'Rough Boulder,' they'd ask! 'You don't look so rough to me!'"

Dodger laughed, indicating that clearly he looked back on those days with more mirth than scorn. Still, he began to worry a bit. Someone so skilled at lying might know that he was, too. Still, she seemed nice enough, not likely to go running off screaming "HELP! THIEF!" if she were to call his bluff.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

SE, SS:
Between Stormeye and the nurse, they are able to dislodge the dangerously friendly pony from around you. The nurse speaks to him softly, and he just smiles along with the same dazed look, following her as she walks away. As you get up from the floor, Physical Medicine speaks up. "That was one of the Blue Moon patients. I just checked him a few minutes ago, he was completely out of it... and unless you're actually his grandmother, I'd say he's still sick, hallucinating. Was that one of the symptoms of the poison?" He asks Stormeye.

Jaquir: No traps or alarms trigger as you enter the window- if there were any, they probably would have done so the first time someone entered. You creep your way downstairs to the front door...

Holy Smokes:
As you wait for your companion to open the door, you see a pony walk around from the side of the house. You instantly recognize him- pale blue, silvery hair, purple suit and cape and matching pointy wizard hat. Figure Head. He looks surprised to see you standing on his front step. "Oh, hello there my friend. I suppose your looking for me? This is my house after all. I'm sorry I had just popped out to the library, I wasn't expecting a visitor." He reaches for to open the door, but before he can it opens by itself. Figure Head stares at the griffon standing in his house. "Assassin! Come to steal my secrets and do away with me, are you? Too bad I've prepared for this day!" He suddenly reaches underneath his cloak and pulls something out of it, flinging it at you. "Hazma dewuk!" Magic words, apparently. Jaquir barely has time to react before the... bits of paper flutter around his head, harmlessly. Figure Head squints at you for a moment before pulling out a notepad and jotting something down "...No reacshun, magic wordsh..." he says around the pencil in his mouth. He then calmly replaces the notepad, looks at the both of you, and then takes off running back the way he came.

A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Bronymous wrote:SE, SS:
Between Stormeye and the nurse, they are able to dislodge the dangerously friendly pony from around you. The nurse speaks to him softly, and he just smiles along with the same dazed look, following her as she walks away. As you get up from the floor, Physical Medicine speaks up. "That was one of the Blue Moon patients. I just checked him a few minutes ago, he was completely out of it... and unless you're actually his grandmother, I'd say he's still sick, hallucinating. Was that one of the symptoms of the poison?" He asks Stormeye.

"Star, are you alright?" Storm turns his head. "The book mentions incoherence, which may be the result of hallucinations. You were going to say something about Figure Head, or possibly that other pony?"
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:SE, SS:

"Star, are you alright?" Storm turns his head. "The book mentions incoherence, which may be the result of hallucinations. You were going to say something about Figure Head, or possibly that other pony?"

Star coughed a bit, gasping for breath. "I-I'm fine..."
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Emerald gave her walking companion an off-glance. Some ponies weren't as open about their past, or as cavalierly mercenary about it, as herself, she knew that. But when you consider the reciprocation principle of common discourse, he was not nearly loquacious enough. Points were glanced over that normally wouldn't be. Still, she decided if he wanted to keep his past a secret, she wouldn't pressure somepony she just met for their life's story.

"Well, you really don't seem overly rough, maybe your name is a bit of a misnomer. Rugged? Perhaps, but not rough." The words were clinical, just a statement of what was, to her, facts. "Of course, I'm a terrible judge of character. After all, I'm walking with somepony who was clearly on a ponyhunt, to walk with a young injured foal through empty alleys." She gives a short, self-deprecating laugh at this.

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:03 pm

"We're not assassins you doddering old fool! The window was already open and you didn't answer the door." Holy Smokes shouts after Figure Head while giving chase.

Stunts: 5 (yup, I suck at this) + 14 = 19. But apparently I didn't really suck at it today.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Dodger joined in her chuckle.

"Only in Neighagra, he laughed. "Only here would you see us walking down the street not staring awkwardly at one another!

Not entirely true, Dodger had been to Ponyville enough times to know exactly the kind of strange ponies that gather together.

"Still, you do raise a valid point. We're hardly what you'd expect us to be - I mean, clearly I'm no miner, and you're a stage magician - but if I hadn't known your work previously I'd swear you were an honest wizard. Shame, though, that something like... something like her passing draws us together. Would we have ever gotten to know each other had our dear princess not passed?"

He shrugged.

"Ah, well. C'est la vie."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Holy Smokes:
You give chase... for about 3 seconds. The Stallion is old and slow, and you catch up to him just around the corner. He backs against the wall suddenly, and pulls you with him. "Shush, youngster, you want that Assassin to find us?" He holds a hoof up to his mouth to signal silence, and then watches the corner of the house intently for any sign of his perceived assailant.

SE, SS:
"Oh, uh of course..." Physical Medicine begins walking past you, "Let me just go check on that patient, and I'll get back to you..." He pushes past you, hurriedly following the nurse and patient. "Just, uh, wait up front, and I'll come get you."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

"Honesty is, unfortunately, for the pure amongst us. Even Sunset here breaks promises." She tsks at the filly, but with a smile to soften the blow. "Don't assume an illusion isn't real magic though. So much of our lives is dictated by what we think we experience rather than what we actually do. I won't give an example or I'd traumatize our little friend, it can get a bit dark when you delve the mysteries of the mind, but its actually quite fascinating." Her smile is soft, some fond memory.

"As for Her Luminance, I never took much stock in her. I admit I always thought Nightmare Moon had a reasonable point, but she still did a very important job that is now being overseen by only one. I worry for the Princess' health, and her safety." Emerald shrugs. "Since my, err... Fall? Yes, since that, the doings of nobility were above my concern. Their battles bring us into them, but their policies are their own. We may have met and we may have not. Far smarter ponies than me tried to work out the theory of alternate probability universes, but I don't see any dimension travellers yet. We just have to work with the lot in life we're given, and grab life by its horn."

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

"That's Jaquir. He's with me. And as far as I know, not an assassin." Holy Smokes replies, rolling his eyes at Figure Head.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 pm

"Well, you'd know more about these sorts of things than me," said Dodger.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm

"I doubt it. I pretend I know a lot, it kind of gets ingrained in me from my acts, but I just know a bunch of fancy words."
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 pm

"If those fancy words get you by in life, by all means use them. No one would fault you for it - why would they? I mean, surely people have better things to do than go up to someone and say they're wrong!"
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Bronymous wrote:
SE, SS:
"Oh, uh of course..." Physical Medicine begins walking past you, "Let me just go check on that patient, and I'll get back to you..." He pushes past you, hurriedly following the nurse and patient. "Just, uh, wait up front, and I'll come get you."

"That was odd. Wonder what set him off" Whispering to Star. "Feeling better? We might have a lead on, if not a cure, but a possible treatment for this. Do you think you'd be up to go on a small trip with me to get it?"
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:
SE, SS:

"That was odd. Wonder what set him off" Whispering to Star. "Feeling better? We might have a lead on, if not a cure, but a possible treatment for this. Do you think you'd be up to go on a small trip with me to get it?"

Star nodded. "Sure, I'll go with you." She got up from the floor. "Where are we going?"
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:
SE, SS:

Star nodded. "Sure, I'll go with you." She got up from the floor. "Where are we going?"

"Lets head to the front." He gestures Star to follow him. "One of the ponies Physical Medicine mentioned is guy named Figure Head. He also mentioned that he might have one other lead."

Last edited by Cardbo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Cardbo wrote:
elfowlgirl wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:
SE, SS:

"Lets head to the front." He gestures Star to follow him. "One of ponies Physical Medicine mentioned is guy named Figure Head. He also mentioned that he might have one other lead."

She trotted after him to the front. "This whole thing is kinda creepy. I've dealt with a lot of problems, but nothing like this!"
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top