Item Suggestions

Go down

Item Suggestions

Post  Appkes on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm

After looking around a bit, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a thread solely for anyone to suggest items.

So here's one for you all.

Sneaky B*stard Sword Weapon
Deal 1d6 extra damage if the enemy didn't know you were there.

Goggles of Revealing Trinket
While wearing the goggles, total darkness merely seems gloomy (As Nightwarch, with -5 to percept), and the shadows are like day.However, light is painful (-10 to perception in lit areas ), and sunlight will blind you for 1d6 hours.

Turtle Plate Armour
Reduce all incoming damage by two, and gain the following combat talent. This does not count against you other 5 talents.

Lockdown 1/encounter [0]
Immediate interrupt
If an attack would deal you damage, you may activate Lockdown, and take no damage. However, the armour Takes a short while to recharge, and you lose your next turn, During which you have Resist 30.

Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Item Suggestions

Post  LoganAura on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:03 pm

I like the night vision goggles! It'd be really cool to have something like that, but it isn't really a "trinket". Trinkets are combat things, and what you have seems like it'd be a god non-combat item! We really should make those...
The turtle plate is a bit overpowered with that resist 30, even if you do lose a turn. MAybe drop it to resist 8, since that still guards from more damage then an average d12 roll? And the "Reduce all incoming damage" can be simplified to "Resist 2 and the following combat talent."
the Sneaky B*stard sword isn't really usable, though, since you can only deal damage to someone if combat is initiated, and both sides see the other... It'd be awesome if you could sneak attack someone though and do that.

Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.

Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Sneaky B*stard Sword Weapon
Deal 1d6 extra damage if the enemy didn't know you were there.

There are precious few opportunities to initiate combat without the enemy knowing you're there, and 1d6 damage under such strict conditions is pathetic.

Goggles of Revealing Trinket
While wearing the goggles, total darkness merely seems gloomy (As Nightwarch, with -5 to percept), and the shadows are like day.However, light is painful (-10 to perception in lit areas ), and sunlight will blind you for 1d6 hours.

I don't know if Dan plans on expanding these items into non-combat, but currently they are all combat-only.

Turtle Plate Armour
Reduce all incoming damage by two, and gain the following combat talent. This does not count against you other 5 talents. ((Redundant, none of the item abilities count towards your total talents.))

Lockdown 1/encounter [0]
Immediate interrupt
If an attack would deal you damage, you may activate Lockdown, and take no damage. However, the armour Takes a short while to recharge, and you lose your next turn, During which you have Resist 30.

What does "Takes a short while to recharge" mean? You lose the Resist 2 bonus? Also, the Ring of Strategic Withdrawal does this better.
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm

How about I just make the Sneaky B*stard sword do the extra damage from behind, rather than while undetected?

As for the turtle plate, the "Recharge" was just fluff for it eats your next turn too.

I don't get your reactions to the Goggles though. You're saying 'oh it's a Trinket, so it can only ever ever ever give you a combat bonus.'
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Appkes wrote:How about I just make the Sneaky B*stard sword do the extra damage from behind, rather than while undetected?

.'

The re work may work for the table top version but not for the skype and Play by post games as there is no range or location.
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm

I am 100% sure Dan is working on non-combat items... In fact we should make a topic about suggestions for non-combat items.
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I am 100% sure Dan is working on non-combat items... In fact we should make a topic about suggestions for non-combat items.

You mean like one of the Level 3 and 6 boons?
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 pm

No, I mean real Items like the combat ones that have been released, only with non-combat uses.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Appkes wrote:How about I just make the Sneaky B*stard sword do the extra damage from behind, rather than while undetected?

As for the turtle plate, the "Recharge" was just fluff for it eats your next turn too.

I don't get your reactions to the Goggles though. You're saying 'oh it's a Trinket, so it can only ever ever ever give you a combat bonus.'

According to Dan, the item slots are meant for combat bonuses. Like how all of the current trinkets have only combat bonueses. The slots are like the equipment slots in an rpg. weapon, armor, and accessories that give you bonueses in combat for equipping them.

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:No, I mean real Items like the combat ones that have been released, only with non-combat uses.

Oh. Well, that's unlikely, because it would mean that gold would be used for combat AND non-combat, and Dan's trying to keep that separated.
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 pm

My understanding is that the Items would the one place combat and non-combat would mix....
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Videocrazy wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:No, I mean real Items like the combat ones that have been released, only with non-combat uses.

Oh. Well, that's unlikely, because it would mean that gold would be used for combat AND non-combat, and Dan's trying to keep that separated.

Bwaaa, hahaha hah haa!

You didn't really just state that Dan was trying to keep bits combat only did you? Did you honestly think bits were some kind of meta game currency used only to buy magic loot, did ya?
Oh, the hilarity. I guess this means he's obviously about to make two types of cash now, to "keep combat and non combat seperate".
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:03 am

Um, Appkes? That's a little rude.
And the "Bits/Gold" isn't the party's wealth, but how much of equipment the pony can afford, if I remember right.
For example, my party in Classical Disruption barely have any bits on their person in some player's cases (One's assets are frozen, another has to buy pills every few days, one gives all of his money to Charity,), but have 5500 bits of equipment.
And the flavor is why I think Video said the bits are combat-only. They aren't actually the player's wealth. It wouldn't make sense for someone who wants to flavor a piece of armor as a family Heirloom, or have a floral necklace end up costing well over 3000 bits.

Too many to count.
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 pm

While I admit tha I was being uncharacteristcally rude, I refuse to agree with the rest of your post.
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Personally I like to think the bits are the pony's current net worth... But that's just how I've understood the system.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum