Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could a forum game work?

+5
Cainx13
A1C Bronymous
Zarhon
AlicornPriest
Stairc -Dan Felder
9 posters

Go down

Could a forum game work? Empty Could a forum game work?

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I bet it could. We could jump to an IM for combat if need be, or skype, but all the roleplaying could easily be done through messages.

I'd be interested to see what some great Play-By-Post DMs like Zarhorn could do with it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Could a forum game work? Empty Re: Could a forum game work?

Post  AlicornPriest Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:I bet it could. We could jump to an IM for combat if need be, or skype, but all the roleplaying could easily be done through messages.

I'd be interested to see what some great Play-By-Post DMs like Zarhorn could do with it.

That's what I would love to see. If Zarhon can pull off... whatever they're doing over at FiD (I'm not actually sure what it is. I missed its inception. Suspect ), then I bet people can make games here!
But yeah, until we get more people in the loop and eager to play the system, I doubt we'll have much activity here. It's here, just in case people want to use it. Smile
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Heh. What started as a silly response to a comment turned into a full campaign. study (Start of it is in comments of this page).

And I'm mostly winging it. Cool
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 am

And it's fucking epic. The only thing to consider is that we aren't using game mechanics too heavily, favoring roleplaying with a few dice rolls for balance. Consistency is something to look for. Can't have people posting once a week.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cainx13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 am

yhea, I was part of several RP groups, not RPG but we had to be active with posting, one had about 6 pages made with 15 posts per page in a day though a few were off topic. I might join/make one, but I need more time as I have several projects I am doing now that require a lot of focus.
Cainx13
Cainx13
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:05 am

I would like to join and play Arcana, but I'm playing in 1, spectating another, dming a third, work 44 hrs a week, and have 20 other hobbies that I need to focus on.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyblazegk Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 am

Hello, I'm new here on the forum, and I wanted to start looking for a game right away after discovering this amazing system. I'm totally booked on Skype sessions though, as I'm running a Homestuck game on Saturdays and a Pathfinder game (with a setting I completely ripped off of Fallout:Equestria) on Sundays. I also start playing D&D 4e at 9:00 pm, which is immediately after the Homestuck game ends due to 9pm equaling 2am for our European players. I am involved in several play-by-post games on Giant in the Playground, and have about a month's experience with the format. I find this format convenient because I can participate regularly without having to set aside hours of doing nothing else like I do for Skype games.

If you are intending to run a play-by-post game on this forum, I would like to play. My OC is in my avatar; her name is Golden Harmony, and she likes all things nerdy. Her special talent is invention.

I assume we start at level one? If so, please let me know and I will get started on filling out my character sheet.

TL;DR: New Here. Don't have time for skype. Want to PBP. Posting interest as a player.
cyblazegk
cyblazegk
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:14 am

While this is unfortunately the wrong topic

And I can't promise you I'll be starting anytime soon

I do plan on, within the month, starting up a play-by-post here on these forums. Maybe a little more than a month. Embarassed

But whenever it does start, within the week or within the...year...I promise there will be a spot open for you. It might not be your "First game" by that point, but there you go.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:51 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:While this is unfortunately the wrong topic

And I can't promise you I'll be starting anytime soon

I do plan on, within the month, starting up a play-by-post here on these forums. Maybe a little more than a month. Embarassed

But whenever it does start, within the week or within the...year...I promise there will be a spot open for you. It might not be your "First game" by that point, but there you go.

GO! GO! GMS! GO!

I'm sure you'd put on a good game, APW (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down