Canpaign of Jokers

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Canpaign of Jokers

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"They have good reason to fear what lurks in the night."

"They're not me," Quarrel says smugly. "I fear nothing." She turns thoughtful. "Well, actually, I do fear one thing. Or one guy, actually. Called himself Captain Donuts or whatever. Horrifying fellow, even I have better standards than that."
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"They have good reason to fear what lurks in the night."

"They're not me," Quarrel says smugly. "I fear nothing." She turns thoughtful. "Well, actually, I do fear one thing. Or one guy, actually. Called himself Captain Donuts or whatever. Horrifying fellow, even I have better standards than that."
Coming from beyond the Fourth Wall, Quarrel can hear the Pony Handler clapping at her actions and the whole party has gotten a free 500 harmony thanks to Quarrel right now. (more might be coming from everbody else's actions too)
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Coming from beyond the Fourth Wall, Quarrel can hear the Pony Handler clapping at her actions and the whole party has gotten a free 500 harmony thanks to Quarrel right now. (more might be coming from everbody else's actions too)

[Really? Cool. Go me! :twilightsmile:]

Rather than question the odd clapping coming from nowhere, Quarrel takes a theatrical bow. "Thank you, thank you! I'll be here until last Tuesday, so try the veal!"

Naturally, assuming Quarrel is the only one who can hear the clapping, this will only reinforce their opinion of Quarrel's weirdness.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Coming from beyond the Fourth Wall, Quarrel can hear the Pony Handler clapping at her actions and the whole party has gotten a free 500 harmony thanks to Quarrel right now. (more might be coming from everbody else's actions too)

[Really? Cool. Go me! ]

Rather than question the odd clapping coming from nowhere, Quarrel takes a theatrical bow. "Thank you, thank you! I'll be here until last Tuesday, so try the veal!"

Naturally, assuming Quarrel is the only one who can hear the clapping, this will only reinforce their opinion of Quarrel's weirdness.

He looked at Quarrel for a few moments, before asking, "If you were to die right now, would you stay here on unfinished business or move on to the afterlife to those beyond?"

After a second, Scroll added, "Hypothetically, of course."
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:

[Really? Cool. Go me! ]

He looked at Quarrel for a few moments, before asking, "If you were to die right now, would you stay here on unfinished business or move on to the afterlife to those beyond?"

"I'd beat Osiris over the head with a wet noodle until he let me come back to life, of course," replies Quarrel, rolling her eyes.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:

[Really? Cool. Go me! ]

"I'd beat Osiris over the head with a wet noodle until he let me come back to life, of course," replies Quarrel, rolling her eyes.

"And where exactly would you get this wet noodle?" Scroll smirked.
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:"And where exactly would you get this wet noodle?" Scroll smirked.

Quarrel plasters an obvious look of fake surprise on her face. "Perhaps we haven't met? I'm Quarrel, Daughter of Chaos. Helloooo?"
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:"And where exactly would you get this wet noodle?" Scroll smirked.

Quarrel plasters an obvious look of fake surprise on her face. "Perhaps we haven't met? I'm Quarrel, Daughter of Chaos. Helloooo?"
"Maybe it's because you've been napping for years, ghostie, but you have to accept that there are people who don't follow the same path as you," said Ivana. "Sure, we may not agree with Quarrel here or even follow her logic, but we at least SHOULD understand that she's got at SOME internal logic."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:03 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"I'd beat Osiris over the head with a wet noodle until he let me come back to life, of course," replies Quarrel, rolling her eyes.
You hear the GM whispers into your ear. "No... I'm sorry my rules say: dead Players stay dead..."

(OOC: Sorry for the meta-comment, but I just felt I should have to.)
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Gears watches the pony-thing jump from conversation to conversation, if they can be called conversations, with decreasing anxiety, and a smile comes to his face.
She's...kind of...cute. More silly than threatening. Although with those mood swings I guess I shouldn't be surprised if she abjectly hits someone.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:

"Maybe it's because you've been napping for years, ghostie, but you have to accept that there are people who don't follow the same path as you," said Ivana. "Sure, we may not agree with Quarrel here or even follow her logic, but we at least SHOULD understand that she's got at SOME internal logic."

"I understand she has logic," Scroll sighed, "I just wish I understood it. And I haven't been 'napping', I've been stuck in a library." He looked around. "Shouldn't the Mage be back by now?"
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Maybe it's because you've been napping for years, ghostie, but you have to accept that there are people who don't follow the same path as you," said Ivana. "Sure, we may not agree with Quarrel here or even follow her logic, but we at least SHOULD understand that she's got at SOME internal logic."

"Hey! I resent that accusation!" Quarrel says hotly. "I have no logic!"

Xel Unknown wrote:You hear the GM whispers into your ear. "No... I'm sorry my rules say: dead Players stay dead..."

"Hey, do I tell you how to run my games?" Quarrel demands of (apparently) thin air. "You don't get to tell me how you run your games!"
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Maybe it's because you've been napping for years, ghostie, but you have to accept that there are people who don't follow the same path as you," said Ivana. "Sure, we may not agree with Quarrel here or even follow her logic, but we at least SHOULD understand that she's got at SOME internal logic."

"Hey! I resent that accusation!" Quarrel says hotly. "I have no logic!"
"Au contraire," said Ivana. "I would argue that you work on the consistent internal logic of having no logic - it's natural for you to be unnatural."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Au contraire," said Ivana. "I would argue that you work on the consistent internal logic of having no logic - it's natural for you to be unnatural."

"Ah, but if it's natural for me to be unnatural, it's unnatural to be natural, and we get this endless recursive loop that causes a paradox and destroys the universe," smirks Quarrel. She pauses. "Y'know, that might actually be fun if I could get the chaos energy to pull it off."
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Au contraire," said Ivana. "I would argue that you work on the consistent internal logic of having no logic - it's natural for you to be unnatural."

"Ah, but if it's natural for me to be unnatural, it's unnatural to be natural, and we get this endless recursive loop that causes a paradox and destroys the universe," smirks Quarrel. She pauses. "Y'know, that might actually be fun if I could get the chaos energy to pull it off."
"Whatever. Go float your little toy boat."

Ivana went back to waiting for the mage.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:

"Whatever. Go float your little toy boat."

Ivana went back to waiting for the mage.

"Hmm, where is my little toy boat?" Quarrel wonders. "Last I knew, I had used it to turn a guard into banana bread..."
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Then at this point, you all hear a HUGE EXPLOSION outside... Next followed by sounds by fant sounds of clockworks and some buzzing.

(By the way, I've given you all 500 Harmony for Quarrel's awesomeness, 150 for GG following in love with the child of chaos, and 100 for the rest of the character interactions. So we got 750 total right this second... Enjoy.)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Next followed by sounds by fant sounds of clockworks and some buzzing.
by sounds by fant sounds of clockworks? That sounds terrible!

"What in Celestia's name-" shouted Ivana, standing bolt upright.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Then at this point, you all hear a HUGE EXPLOSION outside... Next followed by sounds by fant sounds of clockworks and some buzzing.

(By the way, I've given you all 500 Harmony for Quarrel's awesomeness, 150 for GG following in love with the child of chaos, and 100 for the rest of the character interactions. So we got 750 total right this second... Enjoy.)

Scroll looked around wildly. "Sh-should I go see what happened?"
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Then at this point, you all hear a HUGE EXPLOSION outside... Next followed by sounds by fant sounds of clockworks and some buzzing.

"Welp, looks like the steampunk changelings are here," yawns Quarrel as she curls up in the corner for a nap. "Wake me up when the walls break enough that we can get out, 'kay?"
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Anxiety floods back into Gears after hearing / feeling the explosion.
Okay...assuming that's not the mage attacking or being attacked by the royal guards, that's probably the second wave which the mage requested our help with. And we can't very well help him from in here.
Scroll looked around wildly. "Sh-should I go see what happened?"
"I...'d say yes. I'll see if I can...can open the door so the...the slayer and knight can do their business."
((Mechanics to open the lock: 32 (12+15+5(No horn No problem)) ))
"Welp, looks like the steampunk changelings are here," yawns Quarrel as she curls up in the corner for a nap. "Wake me up when the walls break enough that we can get out, 'kay?"
Gears's smile widens a bit more, before realizing what he's doing and shaking it off his face.
Wow. She really isn't afraid of anything.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Gear's skill with the lock was so great, it not only was unlocked but was broken apart and all the wards on the cell were disactived. Next the group could feel powerful now as all of their own powers are returned to them no longer dulled by the cell's magics.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Gear's skill with the lock was so great, it not only was unlocked but was broken apart and all the wards on the cell were disactived. Next the group could feel powerful now as all of their own powers are returned to them no longer dulled by the cell's magics.

((Great. You guys all take -5 now.))

Scroll flew out of the cell, before pausing. "Um, can someone carry my key?"
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Ivana takes Scroll's key and puts it in her coat pocket.

"First order of business is to get Mona Lisa back," said Ivana. "Can't really be much help without her. With her... I'm a leech-snipin' machine."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Gear's skill with the lock was so great, it not only was unlocked but was broken apart and all the wards on the cell were disactived. Next the group could feel powerful now as all of their own powers are returned to them no longer dulled by the cell's magics.

A pause. Then, her eyes flashed.

"Hehehehehehehe..." Quarrel gets up off the floor, magic sparking off of her in every imaginable color and a few that aren't.

"Hahahahahahaha..." Several small objects began floating around as Quarrel spread her wings, hovering over the ground.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FREEEEEEDOM!"

[Using Flight and Precise Ponykinesis, BTW. The sparks are just for show.]
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top