Investigators of the Odd

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 am

Cheese adds that form to the rest of the forms he's been filling out.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:21 am

((For all you not adept at reading drifts...good. silent ))
Alright, vigilante's probably not the sheriff then. Not unless he's actually
"Well. That's just rude...I..don't suppose he's stopped by long enough that you would have gotten a good look at him? I only ask because we're investigating him ourselves."
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 am

Quietkal wrote:((For all you not adept at reading drifts...good. silent ))
Alright, vigilante's probably not the sheriff then. Not unless he's actually
"Well. That's just rude...I..don't suppose he's stopped by long enough that you would have gotten a good look at him? I only ask because we're investigating him ourselves."

"No," the sheriff replies, passing out a form to everycreature (prompting a slight groan from Barabus). "In fact, if you see him, fill in this form." The new form contains things like general appearance, type of pony, type of outfit worn, a description of the encounter, and an estimation of his skill levels in various areas such as combat, stealth, and ability to escape when outnumbered.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 am

((As for being concerned with Dextor, don't we believe/ know that he's at the Mareiot? That's what Kal's going with.))
((Also, I accidentally mid-thought.))
Alright, so the sheriff's not the vigilante. Not with his obsession with paperwork. Not unless there's some curse on him that makes him act contradictory to everything about him for X amount of time with no memory of it afterward.
"Will do." Kal looks at the sheriff, looks at the piles of papers, then turns back to the sheriff.
"Forgive me if this is rude, but...why are you here? I mean, I'm sure you have your reasons and either enjoy or feel some need for being in Dodge...but why not be in Canterlot or some other large city where they have, in my opinion, more pressing needs for your talents?"
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Zebulon reaches the Gold Coin building about now. A doorpony courteously opens the door for Zebulon, but otherwise makes no move to help him at all.
Zebulon makes a note to complain about service when he isn't busy carrying the body of an injured pony. He enters the building and looks for whoever might be a receptionist.

"This pony has been struck with broken ribs!" exclaims Zebulon. "He needs some medical attention now!"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Zebulon reaches the Gold Coin building about now. A doorpony courteously opens the door for Zebulon, but otherwise makes no move to help him at all.
Zebulon makes a note to complain about service when he isn't busy carrying the body of an injured pony. He enters the building and looks for whoever might be a receptionist.

"This pony has been struck with broken ribs!" exclaims Zebulon. "He needs some medical attention now!"

The butler, Concierge, looks up, then rushes to Zebulon and Looker, shouting orders all the while. "Pepperpot, tell Master Coin I'm patching somepony up! Hoofbeat, grab the ointments! Doorman, you're fired!"

Concierge, with obvious experience at dealing with injured ponies, starts carefully examining Looker. "What happened, how long ago, and how far did you have to move him?"

Quietkal wrote:((As for being concerned with Dextor, don't we believe/ know that he's at the Mareiot? That's what Kal's going with.))
((Also, I accidentally mid-thought.))
Alright, so the sheriff's not the vigilante. Not with his obsession with paperwork. Not unless there's some curse on him that makes him act contradictory to everything about him for X amount of time with no memory of it afterward.
"Will do." Kal looks at the sheriff, looks at the piles of papers, then turns back to the sheriff.
"Forgive me if this is rude, but...why are you here? I mean, I'm sure you have your reasons and either enjoy or feel some need for being in Dodge...but why not be in Canterlot or some other large city where they have, in my opinion, more pressing needs for your talents?"

[Well, I suppose that Kal's lack of concern is justified, but Zebulon and Cheese have reason to believe that Dextor might be a traitor or at least hiding something.]

"Used to work in Canterlot," the sheriff said, pride becoming more obvious with each word he spoke. "Did a decent job, too, if I say so myself. Then I got promoted over here by Princess Celestia herself! So here I am and here I stay."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:15 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:The butler, Concierge, looks up, then rushes to Zebulon and Looker, shouting orders all the while. "Pepperpot, tell Master Coin I'm patching somepony up! Hoofbeat, grab the ointments! Doorman, you're fired!"

Concierge, with obvious experience at dealing with injured ponies, starts carefully examining Looker. "What happened, how long ago, and how far did you have to move him?"
"He's been this way for at least four hours," said Zebulon. "He was found battered and bruised in the mine. Four criminal ponies assaulted him. I kept his vitals stable through the night, but could not heal the ribs without more tools."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:The butler, Concierge, looks up, then rushes to Zebulon and Looker, shouting orders all the while. "Pepperpot, tell Master Coin I'm patching somepony up! Hoofbeat, grab the ointments! Doorman, you're fired!"

Concierge, with obvious experience at dealing with injured ponies, starts carefully examining Looker. "What happened, how long ago, and how far did you have to move him?"
"He's been this way for at least four hours," said Zebulon. "He was found battered and bruised in the mine. Four criminal ponies assaulted him. I kept his vitals stable through the night, but could not heal the ribs without more tools."

"You got him here from the mine?!" Concierge exclaims in disbelief. "Hoofbeat, I'll be needing my stronger ointments!" he yells, projecting his voice to make sure he was heard.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:The butler, Concierge, looks up, then rushes to Zebulon and Looker, shouting orders all the while. "Pepperpot, tell Master Coin I'm patching somepony up! Hoofbeat, grab the ointments! Doorman, you're fired!"

Concierge, with obvious experience at dealing with injured ponies, starts carefully examining Looker. "What happened, how long ago, and how far did you have to move him?"
"He's been this way for at least four hours," said Zebulon. "He was found battered and bruised in the mine. Four criminal ponies assaulted him. I kept his vitals stable through the night, but could not heal the ribs without more tools."

"You got him here from the mine?!" Concierge exclaims in disbelief. "Hoofbeat, I'll be needing my stronger ointments!" he yells, projecting his voice to make sure he was heard.
"He was investigating something there," said Zebulon. "Unfortunately, so were ruffians."

Zebulon noticed the increased volume and disbelief in Concierge's voice and looks closer. If there's no coal to be found there, why would that bring up such shock?


Spoiler:
Perception to see if mention of the mine is disturbing Concierge.
1d20 (16) + 8 + 1 =25.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:50 pm

((I think the majority of kal's actions have been his eyebrows moving.))
((I'm horrible with forcing references. Sorry guys.))
"Used to work in Canterlot," the sheriff said, pride becoming more obvious with each word he spoke. "Did a decent job, too, if I say so myself. Then I got promoted over here by Princess Celestia herself! So here I am and here I stay."
Kal's eye brows raise in suprise.
"Oh wow. Congratulations, I suppose."
Claw picked...hoof picked by Celestia herself? Impressive...but why would she be interested in a paper-pusher who did a "decent" job?..guh. More conspiracies than I care for. I'm sure the pretty princess has a reason for sending him here, and as Ashurbanipal said 'Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to.' Roughly translated, of course.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:The butler, Concierge, looks up, then rushes to Zebulon and Looker, shouting orders all the while. "Pepperpot, tell Master Coin I'm patching somepony up! Hoofbeat, grab the ointments! Doorman, you're fired!"

Concierge, with obvious experience at dealing with injured ponies, starts carefully examining Looker. "What happened, how long ago, and how far did you have to move him?"
"He's been this way for at least four hours," said Zebulon. "He was found battered and bruised in the mine. Four criminal ponies assaulted him. I kept his vitals stable through the night, but could not heal the ribs without more tools."

"You got him here from the mine?!" Concierge exclaims in disbelief. "Hoofbeat, I'll be needing my stronger ointments!" he yells, projecting his voice to make sure he was heard.
"He was investigating something there," said Zebulon. "Unfortunately, so were ruffians."

Zebulon noticed the increased volume and disbelief in Concierge's voice and looks closer. If there's no coal to be found there, why would that bring up such shock?


Spoiler:
Perception to see if mention of the mine is disturbing Concierge.
1d20 (16) + 8 + 1 =25.

[Zebulon's pretty sure the shock has to do with the distance from here to the mine, especially since Concierge has no knowledge of the... thing... that Cheese made.]

Hoofbeat comes running up with a plastic container. "I got it!"

Concierge grabs the ointment, opens the container, and begins swathing it liberally on Looker's ribs. "Strong magic," he tells Zebulon as he works. "Speeds up the healing process considerably. With daily application and lots of bed rest, he'll recover in about a week." He grimaces slightly. "Not ideal, but better than nothing. Coincorp is working on improving it."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 pm

|| Hah. Celestia "hand picked" him. Read: moved him where he could do the least damage.||
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Hoofbeat comes running up with a plastic container. "I got it!"

Concierge grabs the ointment, opens the container, and begins swathing it liberally on Looker's ribs. "Strong magic," he tells Zebulon as he works. "Speeds up the healing process considerably. With daily application and lots of bed rest, he'll recover in about a week." He grimaces slightly. "Not ideal, but better than nothing. Coincorp is working on improving it."

"Be sure to let me know when it's finished," said Zebulon. "As a doctor, that would come in handy."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Appkes wrote:|| Hah. Celestia "hand picked" him. Read: moved him where he could do the least damage.||

[Oh, hi! Are you just popping in to comment, or are you ready to take Barabus back now?]

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Hoofbeat comes running up with a plastic container. "I got it!"

Concierge grabs the ointment, opens the container, and begins swathing it liberally on Looker's ribs. "Strong magic," he tells Zebulon as he works. "Speeds up the healing process considerably. With daily application and lots of bed rest, he'll recover in about a week." He grimaces slightly. "Not ideal, but better than nothing. Coincorp is working on improving it."

"Be sure to let me know when it's finished," said Zebulon. "As a doctor, that would come in handy."

"If you'll write your name and address, I'll be sure to send you some," offers Concierge as he finishes applying the ointment. "But first things first. I don't want to move him again, but he'll get stepped on if we don't. If you could help me carry him?"
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Not right now, but Barabus shall rise to PCdom once more on Friday, Saturday at the latest.

Incidently, that's three whole encounters I missed, and a metric tonne of plot.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:42 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"If you'll write your name and address, I'll be sure to send you some," offers Concierge as he finishes applying the ointment. "But first things first. I don't want to move him again, but he'll get stepped on if we don't. If you could help me carry him?"
Zebulon nods and helps Concierge move Looker wherever he needs to go.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Appkes wrote:Not right now, but Barabus shall rise to PCdom once more on Friday, Saturday at the latest.

Incidently, that's three whole encounters I missed, and a metric tonne of plot.

[Yeah, sorry about that. XP]

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"If you'll write your name and address, I'll be sure to send you some," offers Concierge as he finishes applying the ointment. "But first things first. I don't want to move him again, but he'll get stepped on if we don't. If you could help me carry him?"
Zebulon nods and helps Concierge move Looker wherever he needs to go.

Concierge helps Zebulon carry Looker to a guest room, where they carefully lay him down on the bed.

"I think that's all that we can do for him now," Concierge says. "Hoofbeat!" he calls.

Hoofbeat comes running up. "Yes, sir?"

"Watch him," Concierge says, gesturing at Looker, "and let me know when he wakes up or if he seems disturbed for any reason."

"Yes, sir."

"Very good." Concierge trots out of the room, assuming Zebulon will follow. "Okay, now that we've got him settled, I must ask: how in Equestria did you two get into the mine? There are typically guards there to keep the unauthorized out; it's not exactly safe."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
"Very good." Concierge trots out of the room, assuming Zebulon will follow. "Okay, now that we've got him settled, I must ask: how in Equestria did you two get into the mine? There are typically guards there to keep the unauthorized out; it's not exactly safe."
Zebulon indeed follows.

"It seems you have some more ponies to fire," said Zeb. "I saw no guards of any sort outside."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
"Very good." Concierge trots out of the room, assuming Zebulon will follow. "Okay, now that we've got him settled, I must ask: how in Equestria did you two get into the mine? There are typically guards there to keep the unauthorized out; it's not exactly safe."
Zebulon indeed follows.

"It seems you have some more ponies to fire," said Zeb. "I saw no guards of any sort outside."

This gave Concierge pause. "Well. That's not good. At all. You didn't perchance see them while in the mines, did you? They're a trio of red ponies with black manes, one of each type of pony."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 pm

"I'm sad to say I saw none of the sort," said Zeb.

I feel like I'm being given an exam.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 am

(MEANWHILE, IN THE TIME LINE WHERE CHEESE FINISHED THE PAPERWORK)
"Have a good night sheriff. We'll more than likely see you again over the next several days."
Kal follows Cheese out of the sheriff's office and approaches him.
"What was that thing you said in there? That bit about...what was the wording...ah yes. 'I'd thought you'd corrupt the sheriff'?"
Inquiring eyebrow raise.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 am

Blackhawk followed behind, yawning a little bit. Interested, he tilted his head. Snips of conversations with Kal involved tended to go interesting places.

[OOC: Just lettin' everypony know I'm still here and watching - just hasn't seemed like there's been an adequate time for Blackhawk to jump in, really.]
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:31 am

Quietkal wrote:(MEANWHILE, IN THE TIME LINE WHERE CHEESE FINISHED THE PAPERWORK)
"Have a good night sheriff. We'll more than likely see you again over the next several days."
Kal follows Cheese out of the sheriff's office and approaches him.
"What was that thing you said in there? That bit about...what was the wording...ah yes. 'I'd thought you'd corrupt the sheriff'?"
Inquiring eyebrow raise.

Cheese shakes his head. "No, I thought Sheriff was corrupt. Working with the bad guys in order to delay us."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese shakes his head. "No, I thought Sheriff was corrupt. Working with the bad guys in order to delay us."
The eyebrow continues to stay raised as Kal lets out an unconvinced "Mhmm. Might I inquire what he was delaying us from?"
Well, there was Looker and his broken ribs...was being the keyword since the zebra seems to have succeeded in carrying him to Coin's.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 am

Quietkal wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Cheese shakes his head. "No, I thought Sheriff was corrupt. Working with the bad guys in order to delay us."
The eyebrow continues to stay raised as Kal lets out an unconvinced "Mhmm. Might I inquire what he was delaying us from?"
Well, there was Looker and his broken ribs...was being the keyword since the zebra seems to have succeeded in carrying him to Coin's.

Cheese sighs "Whatever diabolical scheme our resident badguy has in mind. Really, if we knew what our foe had in mind, we'd be done and relaxing on a beach somewhere."

Cheese pauses dramatically.

"But! The more time we have, the quicker we can foil it!"

He looks Kal right in the eye. "Time waits for no pony! Or griffin, as the case may be."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum