Investigators of the Odd

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Cheese is very sure he hasn't been here since the fire; no smell of smoke, nothing out of place, nothing missing. That said, he does notice a strand of black pony hair nearby Dextor's luggage.


Cheese heads back to his room and returns with a plastic bag and tweezers. He carefully tweezes the hair into a plastic bag. "It could be important."

OOC:Does Barabus have any place he send this for IDing. Either via that scroll from the beginning, or via the messenger downstairs?
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Cheese is very sure he hasn't been here since the fire; no smell of smoke, nothing out of place, nothing missing. That said, he does notice a strand of black pony hair nearby Dextor's luggage.


Cheese heads back to his room and returns with a plastic bag and tweezers. He carefully tweezes the hair into a plastic bag. "It could be important."

OOC:Does Barabus have any place he send this for IDing. Either via that scroll from the beginning, or via the messenger downstairs?

[Barabus would know where to send it, yes.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Ooc: On the other hand, it would likely take so long to id we'd have found him anyway. Darn post service.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:04 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
The cockroach sighs. "You do realize I could have led you to the right room, right?" he says to Zebulon.
"Well, why didn't you say so? Lead the way."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
The cockroach sighs. "You do realize I could have led you to the right room, right?" he says to Zebulon.
"Well, why didn't you say so? Lead the way."

The cockroach flitters into the hallway, muttering as clearly as he can while still technically muttering, "I would have told you if you had slowed down a tad."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:08 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
The cockroach sighs. "You do realize I could have led you to the right room, right?" he says to Zebulon.
"Well, why didn't you say so? Lead the way."

The cockroach flitters into the hallway, muttering as clearly as he can while still technically muttering, "I would have told you if you had slowed down a tad."
Zebulon follows the cockroach, motioning for the others to follow.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Cheese puts the plastic bag and tweezers into his saddle bag and follows along.

"Well, if you guys want to do things the easy way."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Assuming no incidents along the way, the cockroach leads them to a nearby room with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on it. Somepony else has written underneath the words on the sign: "On Penalty of a Painful Death".
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm

OOC:Perception Check to see if Cheese can hear whats coming from the other side
Roll(1d20)+11:
17,+11
Total:28
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:02 pm

[OOC: Previous post has been edited.]

...a loud crashing noise startled the luckless Blackhawk, giving him a nice shot of adrenaline to wake himself up a little. "What they hay..." Blackhawk began to murmur as he opened the door, peering outside and at his friends, who all seemed to be gathering in front of a certain door. "Welp," was the non-murmured response to this. Blackhawk then walked over, fast-paced as though to make up for lost time, to join the group.

With a smile, of course.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Perception Check to see if Cheese can hear whats coming from the other side
Roll(1d20)+11:
17,+11
Total:28

He hears a deep and menacing voice. "You are sure he is hiding nothing further?"

"I am positive, Milord," says a very familiar voice that the party had previously heard from a couple of mechanical felines. "He is... enamored of me. It was easy to trick him into thinking that I was a fellow agent. He told me all."

"You have done well, lackey. This may well lighten the burden of your previous failures."

"Thank you, Milord."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Cheese puts his hoof up to his mouth in a be quiet gesture.

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room. After which Cheese follows them back into that room.

OOC:Perception Check on the door.
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11
Total:16

Arcane Check on the door for traps
Roll(1d20)+11:
11,+11
Total:22

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room.

avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Cardbo wrote:Cheese puts his hoof up to his mouth in a be quiet gesture.

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room. After which Cheese follows them back into that room.

OOC:Perception Check on the door.
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11
Total:16

Arcane Check on the door for traps
Roll(1d20)+11:
11,+11
Total:22

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room.


[On whose door? Doom's or Dextor's? If Dextor's, wouldn't you have triggered any traps when you were in there before?]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Cheese puts his hoof up to his mouth in a be quiet gesture.

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room. After which Cheese follows them back into that room.

OOC:Perception Check on the door.
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11
Total:16

Arcane Check on the door for traps
Roll(1d20)+11:
11,+11
Total:22

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room.


[On whose door? Doom's or Dextor's? If Dextor's, wouldn't you have triggered any traps when you were in there before?]

OOC:Doom's. Sorry.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Zebulon quietly heads back to Dextor's room.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon quietly heads back to Dextor's room.
Kal shrugs and follows the zebra.
I'm not in a particular mood to deal with "Penalty of Death." I'm sure Cheese has a plan that's more complex than just knocking on the door. although...no, I'm sure he's got something.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:52 pm

When he reached Dextors room, Barabus quickly changed into his Agent uniform and put his jacket over the top, hiding the insignia.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Cheese puts his hoof up to his mouth in a be quiet gesture.

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room. After which Cheese follows them back into that room.

OOC:Perception Check on the door.
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11
Total:16

Arcane Check on the door for traps
Roll(1d20)+11:
11,+11
Total:22

IC: Cheese waves everyone to go back to Dextor's room.


[On whose door? Doom's or Dextor's? If Dextor's, wouldn't you have triggered any traps when you were in there before?]

OOC:Doom's. Sorry.

The door appears normal at first glance, although it is certainly locked. However, upon further inspection, Cheese notices a silent alarm spell meant to trigger if somepony unlocks the door from the outside, as well as some other spell that he can't quite identify.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Blackhawk waited only an instant in order to vaguely wonder what he was getting himself into before walking with the rest of his posse.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Cheese closed the door once everyone was inside.

"If Dextor's inside there, he might be compromised. I heard the lady from robot cats say to someone else that she had convinced someone that she's a fellow agent, and that she had convinced him to tell her everything."

"Additionally, the door has a silent arm on it in case anyone tries to pick the lock on it, plus one other spell which I can't identifiy."

"Zeb, you've been unusually informative in the past 10 minutes. Could you ask your sources to get some better intel on whats going on inside?"
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"Additionally, the door has a silent arm on it in case anyone tries to pick the lock on it, plus one other spell which I can't identifiy." "Zeb, you've been unusually informative in the past 10 minutes. Could you ask your sources to get some better intel on whats going on inside?"
"That may need some more food, but I will check."

Assuming Scarfroach is still with Zeb...

"Can you tell us of what is in the room?"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
"Additionally, the door has a silent arm on it in case anyone tries to pick the lock on it, plus one other spell which I can't identifiy." "Zeb, you've been unusually informative in the past 10 minutes. Could you ask your sources to get some better intel on whats going on inside?"
"That may need some more food, but I will check."

Assuming Scarfroach is still with Zeb...

"Can you tell us of what is in the room?"

"Yeah," Scarfroach replies. "There were a bunch of ponies in there a while ago, plus the lizard thing. Most of them left a while ago, but there's a unicorn and an earth pony in there, plus the vigilante. I don't think they know the guy's in there."
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm

"My thanks, good sir, for all of your service," said Zeb to Scarfroach.

"We have two ponies and the vig'lante." said Zebulon, relating the story for those who don't speak roach. "As far as we know, the vig' is hidden."


Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm

"Yeah," Scarfroach replies. "There were a bunch of ponies in there a while ago, plus the lizard thing. Most of them left a while ago, but there's a unicorn and an earth pony in there, plus the vigilante. I don't think they know the guy's in there."

OOC: Wait. This sounds like Dextor is no longer here. Am I reading this correctly? It sounds like only the vigilante, the earth pony and the unicorn are there.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"Yeah," Scarfroach replies. "There were a bunch of ponies in there a while ago, plus the lizard thing. Most of them left a while ago, but there's a unicorn and an earth pony in there, plus the vigilante. I don't think they know the guy's in there."

OOC: Wait. This sounds like Dextor is no longer here. Am I reading this correctly? It sounds like only the vigilante, the earth pony and the unicorn are there.

[This is the case. Also, to preempt you, yes, there is an inconsistency in the cockroach's story. I'm aware of it.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum