Investigators of the Odd

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:03 am

((Beep beep I'm an investigator))
The Prodigal Faust wrote:The motel actually doesn't seem that badly burned; while obviously scorched, it doesn't actually have any parts burned off or any parts collapsed.
Kal assumes that's how buildings look after fires and looks about for the pony that the rest of the group spoke to last night.
>If he's not around Kal will look warily to the door and see if ponies are going in and of.
>If they are, and they don't have fire/ fire extinguishing related cutie marks, Kal will head inside.
>Else, Kal will start to circle the building and see if be can find anything that looks out of place.
Rolls:
Perception to find the pony from last night: 23 (13+10)
Perception for other ponies going in/out, if required: 22 (12+10)
Perception for examining the outside of the building: 29 (19+10)
((Gasp! No tragic backstory pertaining to fire?! Blasphemy!))
((Pay no attention to the man behind of the curtains.))
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Quietkal wrote:Kal assumes that's how buildings look after fires and looks about for the pony that the rest of the group spoke to last night.

Greasy Spoon is very easy to find, as he's behind the desk, laughing his head off. "And they thought I was crazy for buying fire insurance, HAH! I'll have enough money to finally compete with the Mareiot!"

[Not everything needs to be a tragic backstory, you know. Razz]
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Barabus wandered in with the others, keeping quiet but staying in the left of the group.
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Blackhawk shook his head free of loose thoughts, having spaced out for a moment. "Urgh. Right!" he said to none in particular before flapping in and settling down inside.
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm

The interior of the mayor's office is relatively opulent, having fancy carpets that look Saddle Arabian but were probably bought from some two-bit pawn shop, pictures of previous mayors glaring down at the party from both side walls, and a massive wooden desk upon which a well-dressed sky blue female unicorn secretary is snoozing. The walls are a bright yellow, same as the outside, which really doesn't match the rest of the decor. Behind the desk, two doors rest on either side; one has a copper plaque that reads "Mayor's Office: DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT" and the other has an iron plaque reading "Financial Transactions". A smaller piece of paper sits underneath the iron, but none of you can read it from here without focusing on it.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Figuring there won't be much for him to do here, Brittle settles down in the nearest available chair (or failing that, the nearest available corner), and starts leafing through his reference booklet.
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:26 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:The interior of the mayor's office is relatively opulent, having fancy carpets that look Saddle Arabian but were probably bought from some two-bit pawn shop, pictures of previous mayors glaring down at the party from both side walls, and a massive wooden desk upon which a well-dressed sky blue female unicorn secretary is snoozing. The walls are a bright yellow, same as the outside, which really doesn't match the rest of the decor. Behind the desk, two doors rest on either side; one has a copper plaque that reads "Mayor's Office: DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT" and the other has an iron plaque reading "Financial Transactions". A smaller piece of paper sits underneath the iron, but none of you can read it from here without focusing on it.

OOC:Perception check on the snoozing unicorn.
Roll(1d20)+14:
12,+14
Total:26

Cheese then goes over to read the small piece of paper.
OOC:Perception check. Not sure if its really needed, but if there's any weird details about the paper or handwriting..
Roll(1d20)+9:
12,+9
Total:21
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Barabus leaned against the wall by the door, flipping a coin quietly while listening to what was going on. If anyone was to happen to look more carefully, they might notice that not only did the coin come down of the usual sun side and the moon side, but occasionally it landed with a skull showing of top.
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Zebulon sat quietly in the corner, ready to (if necessary) turn Cheese around from marching into the mayor's office.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 am

Blackhawk looked around appreciatively, neck craning this way and that as if his more birdlike quarter was an owl, not an eagle. "Phew," he whistled, a somewhat appreciable feat considering his lack of lips. "Pretty swank place they got goiin' on here for such a recently-formed town, huh?"
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 am

kajisora wrote:Figuring there won't be much for him to do here, Brittle settles down in the nearest available chair (or failing that, the nearest available corner), and starts leafing through his reference booklet.

There are indeed a couple of uncomfortable wooden chairs to sit on.

Cardbo wrote:

OOC:Perception check on the snoozing unicorn.
Roll(1d20)+14:
12,+14
Total:26

Cheese then goes over to read the small piece of paper.
OOC:Perception check. Not sure if its really needed, but if there's any weird details about the paper or handwriting..
Roll(1d20)+9:
12,+9
Total:21

The unicorn looks fairly high-bred; probably not Canterlot, but perhaps Manehatten. She's wearing small glasses that have slipped over over her nose, as well as a fairly fancy white dress that complements her sky-blue fur. Her forelimbs are folded on the desk to provide a more comfortable place for her head. All in all, no great beauty, but she's pretty... well, pretty.

The paper reads in clearly printed hoofwriting: "This door is magically alarmed and under magical surveillance." The paper is oddly not torn or dirty in any way.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

The unicorn looks fairly high-bred; probably not Canterlot, but perhaps Manehatten. She's wearing small glasses that have slipped over over her nose, as well as a fairly fancy white dress that complements her sky-blue fur. Her forelimbs are folded on the desk to provide a more comfortable place for her head. All in all, no great beauty, but she's pretty... well, pretty.

The paper reads in clearly printed hoofwriting: "This door is magically alarmed and under magical surveillance." The paper is oddly not torn or dirty in any way.

"Cute filly."

OOC: Assuming Dextor's near him. "Dextor, what are your thoughts?"
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Cardbo wrote:

"Cute filly."

Dextor glances at the snoozing secretary. "...I don't see the appeal, to be honest..."
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Cardbo wrote:

"Cute filly."

Dextor glances at the snoozing secretary. "...I don't see the appeal, to be honest..."

"The glasses make her look intelligent, which is always a plus in my book."

Cheese goes up to the desk, and wraps on the desk, attempting to wake the secretary up.

"Excuse me Ms... Can you help me?"
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Greasy Spoon is very easy to find, as he's behind the desk, laughing his head off. "And they thought I was crazy for buying fire insurance, HAH! I'll have enough money to finally compete with the Mareiot!"

[Not everything needs to be a tragic backstory, you know. Razz]
Kal straightens his vest, swallows his pride (hopefully it'll stifle the dry heaves from being in this wretched place), and heads towards Greasy Spoon.
"Err, hello! I must say, for a building made of wood, it doesn't seem to have taken much damage."
Which is really quite a tragedy.

((Don't get me wrong, Kal's got a tragic backstory; it just doesn't deal with fire. And isn't necessarily very tragic. Enh, we'll cross that bridge should we ever encounter it.))
((If I need to roll persuasion or stealth for Kal hiding his complete and utter disdain at this place, just lemme know.))
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Kal straightens his vest, swallows his pride (hopefully it'll stifle the dry heaves from being in this wretched place), and heads towards Greasy Spoon.
"Err, hello! I must say, for a building made of wood, it doesn't seem to have taken much damage."
Which is really quite a tragedy.

((Don't get me wrong, Kal's got a tragic backstory; it just doesn't deal with fire. And isn't necessarily very tragic. Enh, we'll cross that bridge should we ever encounter it.))
((If I need to roll persuasion or stealth for Kal hiding his complete and utter disdain at this place, just lemme know.))

[The DC would be pretty low given that he's kinda euphoric right now, but if you want to roll Persuasion or Stealth (don't care which) just to see if you get a Crit Fail, I have no objections. Razz

Also, what? I was talking about Spoon having a tragic backstory. Did I totally miss something?]

"Yeah, that is kinda weird, but WHO CARES, I'm getting money out of the insurance company!" Spoon said, almost singsong.

Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:[Also, what? I was talking about Spoon having a tragic backstory. Did I totally miss something?]

"Yeah, that is kinda weird, but WHO CARES, I'm getting money out of the insurance company!" Spoon said, almost singsong.
Roll:
Persuasion: crit fail (2+7)
I ain't even mad, that's how far away I saw that coming.
"It's a shame it didn't burn all the way to the ground." Kal goes wide-eyed after that carelessly blunt statement, before shaking it off and trying to salvage the statement.
"...because...then you'd...get more bits from insurance then. I believe that's...how that works..."
I really need to work on that not speaking my thoughts.
Smooth Recovery:
Persuasion: 14 (7+7)
the smoothest.
((oh, I had been talking about Kal. my fault. Good to know Spoon's history isn't one of debauchery.))
((Also, I think Cheese and the others are waking the secretary. Even money says Cheese gets her number by the end of the conversation.))
((Also, I'm starting to regret taking the Derp talent. Makes it difficult to do skill challenges.))
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Roll:
Persuasion: crit fail (2+7)
I ain't even mad, that's how far away I saw that coming.
"It's a shame it didn't burn all the way to the ground."

Spoon glares at Kal. "What was that, griffin?"

Quietkal wrote:Kal goes wide-eyed after that carelessly blunt statement, before shaking it off and trying to salvage the statement.
"...because...then you'd...get more bits from insurance then. I believe that's...how that works..."
I really need to work on that not speaking my thoughts.
Smooth Recovery:
Persuasion: 14 (7+7)
the smoothest.

"...not buying it. Get out. Now."

Cardbo wrote:"The glasses make her look intelligent, which is always a plus in my book."

Cheese goes up to the desk, and wraps on the desk, attempting to wake the secretary up.

"Excuse me Ms... Can you help me?"

[Whoops, missed this post entirely somehow. Thanks for pointing this out, Kal! /embarrassed]

"Zzz... wha? Oh, sorry," she mutters, opening her eyes slowly and with effort. Then they widen suddenly as she realizes what happened.

"Omigoshomigosh I am so sorry for falling asleep on the job!" she panics. "It's just that I've had a lot of late nights andIhaven'treallysleptmorethansevenhoursthisweekandI'msosorry, Idon'tnormallynaponthejob, I'msosorry, sorrysorrysorry..."
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 pm

"Hey, hey, s'cool, don't worry 'bout it," Blackhawk assured the panicking pony. He shrugged, casual as possible before continuing. "Heck, I'd be fallin' asleep all the time if my job weren't all about movin' around from house to house and house to castle and castle to hut and all that jazz, always movin', that's me. Name's Blackhawk!" He nodded, once, beaming. "Ain't nothin' like a good nap, am I right? Aw, what am I sayin', you seem way more responsible than I am, so I'm pretty sure we can let this slide, huh guys?"

Spoiler:
Attempt to Persuade pony that things are okay: 8 + 8 (bonus) + 1(Draconic Ally) = 17. Eh, not too great, but hopefully Blackhawk's natural charm *snerk* will be enough to make up for any difference.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am

"Zzz... wha? Oh, sorry," she mutters, opening her eyes slowly and with effort. Then they widen suddenly as she realizes what happened.

"Omigoshomigosh I am so sorry for falling asleep on the job!" she panics. "It's just that I've had a lot of late nights andIhaven'treallysleptmorethansevenhoursthisweekandI'msosorry, Idon'tnormallynaponthejob, I'msosorry, sorrysorrysorry..."

"No worries, miss...I've worked many a late hour myself, so I know how that goes." Cheese says smoothly, but as he walks arounds, he steps into a wastebasket and trips. "Ahhhhhhhh!!!"

OOC:Assisting Blackhawk's roll.
Persuasion(10) + FK(High Society)(5) + Dextor(1)
Roll(1d20)+16:
1,+16
Total:17
Wow.

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 am

"Apparently, this was one of his late-hour days," Blackhawk sardonically mumbled to the deskkeeper.

Spoiler:
No roll, I'll just let you roleplay whether your particular character overhead this or not.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Spoon glares at Kal. "What was that, griffin?"
"...not buying it. Get out. Now."
"okaysorry" Kal hurries out of the building and starts flying in no particular direction.
...that could have gone better. although now I have a veritable reason for never going back there...why was I even there in the first place?..guh, pretending to be sent by Psychotics is getting to me. Heh, though I suppose that the night guard has been called it on more than one occasion.
((No big, just keep an eye out for it. It's almost becoming a trope with you, though.))
((Also, I'm definitely never taking Derp as a utility talent again.))
((Also, if the night guard is supremely reputable and no one would dare say something against them, lemme know and I'll take that last bit out.))
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"No worries, miss...I've worked many a late hour myself, so I know how that goes." Cheese says smoothly, but as he walks arounds, he steps into a wastebasket and trips. "Ahhhhhhhh!!!"
Startled at the sudden noise, Brittle quickly looks up from his reference booklet, causing his chair to wobble.
Spoiler:
Just for fun: acro dc of 20
1d20+7 13+7 = 20
whew
"Whoa. Cheese, you allright there?"
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Zebulon sighs, trots over to Cheese, and helps him up... before immediately dropping him.

Spoiler:
Just for fun, Heal Check to heal the obviously grave injuries that Cheese has suffered from tripping over a wastebasket...

Heal Check: 1d20 (1) + 16 + 1 = 18

This office is cursed.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:45 pm

"I do apologize for my friends. Its just that they are a little..." he glanced over at Zebulon dropping Cheese onto the floor, "...Accident-prone."
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top