Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations

+3
Xel Unknown
Brony 7 of 9
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations Empty Changeling Investigations

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 am

Six of them, sitting in her boutique. The recruiter breathes in deeply, eying the new civilian investigators with a discerning eye. Two pegasi, both former guards, though the young mare looks as though she would be more comfortable in this shop than in her armor. Two earth ponies, one seeming to be eager to go and the other feeling like a ticking time bomb. An oddly small minotaur with impeccable taste in fashion... and a little dragon girl, Celestia knows what paperwork snafu got her to be caught up in this mess.

"...Well now," the unicorn says eventually as she moves the papers back into their drawer, "Your papers are all in order. On behalf of Cadenza's Relocation and Education Workforce, I would like to welcome you all into the organization." She passes out small badges as she speaks, each a simple heart in a shield as a visual reminder of the events at the Canterlot wedding. "Your task right now is to find and identify changelings; remember, not every reported infiltrator is in fact an infiltrator, but it would be best to keep on your hooves..."

She glances at Ember.

"...or claws, nonetheless." Having finished passing out the badges, the unicorn takes a stand on the small stage normally used for modelling. "Now then, before I give you your official assignments, I'd like us to get to know each other. My name is Rarity, and when I'm not doing my work with C.R.E.W. I engage in the design and industry of fashionable clothing, attend meetings with the Society for a United Equestria, and take time to be with my friends and my little sister. If any of you have any questions about CREW or our workings, don't hesitate to ask me, I will always be able to make time for you."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Changeling Investigations Empty Re: Changeling Investigations

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 am

Masterweaver wrote:She passes out small badges as she speaks, each a simple heart in a shield as a visual reminder of the events at the Canterlot wedding. "Your task right now is to find and identify changelings; remember, not every reported infiltrator is in fact an infiltrator, but it would be best to keep on your hooves..."

She glances at Ember.

"...or claws, nonetheless."
Ember fiddled with the badge, which may have been small for a normal pony but covered most of the young dragon girl's chest. As she did, she wondered exactly what she was doing here - all that nice pony said was to sit down and hand in some paperwork for him. He seemed to be in a hurry, and he gave Ember food, so it was fine with her.

"Now then, before I give you your official assignments, I'd like us to get to know each other. My name is Rarity, and when I'm not doing my work with C.R.E.W. I engage in the design and industry of fashionable clothing, attend meetings with the Society for a United Equestria, and take time to be with my friends and my little sister. If any of you have any questions about CREW or our workings, don't hesitate to ask me, I will always be able to make time for you."

"E... ember..."

She might have been among strangers, but it couldn't hurt to be polite.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:10 pm

"Chain Link..." The Odd Minotaur said as he just looked at his badge. "Um... Well this is a great honor to be working you all? Still in shocked they've let me of all people in this thing... I guess the bit about how I'm a non-unicorn magic user worked wonders..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm

The earth pony hooks his badge onto the stitches on his shoulder and salutes
"I am Ragdoll but I also possess many aliases, my first question is when I should use my..."
He then looks around at the others in the room.
""Special skills", my second is where are the donuts?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 pm

"We've got the gamut of tiny to tall here, huh. I'm Ruby Shield, always ready to defend the rights of the needy." The red pegasus mare smiles at the loyalty badge, a visual reminder of why she joined in.

"We pegasi are a friendly bunch once you get to know us, but I apologize if I come on a bit strong at times." It seemed like an unnecessary statement when a minotaur of all things was in the group.

She wasn't wearing much in terms of armor today, so wasn't exactly sure where to put the badge. Thinking for a little bit, Ruby hooked it into one of the gilded pinions in her wings. "I guess for an introduction: I enjoy leisurely flights at sunset, snapdragon salads, and seeing feats of personal strength. I like listening, so feel free to talk to me anyone if you're feeling down. I'm not the best for advice, but its still a kind ear."

She points in the general direction of Sugarcube Corner, having loosely scouted the town from above before entering. "...And I bet you can find donuts in that direction, about twenty wingflaps out."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Handle gave a cheerful salute. "Handle. Master of hammers and blunt force." She pinned the badge onto the strap that held her hammer. "Also, everypony knows that muffins are better than donuts."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:

"E... ember..."

Rarity smiled warmly, her heart going out to the poor girl. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ember." Seriously, who in their right mind would let a child this young into the system? It was unfortunate that she couldn't do anything about it....

Xel Unknown wrote:"Chain Link..." The Odd Minotaur said as he just looked at his badge. "Um... Well this is a great honor to be working you all? Still in shocked they've let me of all people in this thing... I guess the bit about how I'm a non-unicorn magic user worked wonders..."

"Oh, you practice the arcane arts? I'm sure my friend Twilight would love to speak with you, if she ever has the time between coordinating all the groups wandering in and out of Ponyville these days..."

Doc pseudopolis wrote:The earth pony hooks his badge onto the stitches on his shoulder and salutes
"I am Ragdoll but I also possess many aliases, my first question is when I should use my..."
He then looks around at the others in the room.
""Special skills", my second is where are the donuts?"

Rarity coughed. "Ah... the 'sensitive' matter. I'm afraid that will be a judgement call, but I would suggest not making your unique history known to E.A.R.S. As for the donuts--"

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"We've got the gamut of tiny to tall here, huh. I'm Ruby Shield, always ready to defend the rights of the needy." The red pegasus mare smiles at the loyalty badge, a visual reminder of why she joined in.

"We pegasi are a friendly bunch once you get to know us, but I apologize if I come on a bit strong at times." It seemed like an unnecessary statement when a minotaur of all things was in the group.

She wasn't wearing much in terms of armor today, so wasn't exactly sure where to put the badge. Thinking for a little bit, Ruby hooked it into one of the gilded pinions in her wings. "I guess for an introduction: I enjoy leisurely flights at sunset, snapdragon salads, and seeing feats of personal strength. I like listening, so feel free to talk to me anyone if you're feeling down. I'm not the best for advice, but its still a kind ear."

She points in the general direction of Sugarcube Corner, having loosely scouted the town from above before entering. "...And I bet you can find donuts in that direction, about twenty wingflaps out."

elfowlgirl wrote:Handle gave a cheerful salute. "Handle. Master of hammers and blunt force." She pinned the badge onto the strap that held her hammer. "Also, everypony knows that muffins are better than donuts."

"....Yes, well. I asked one of the bakers at Sugarcube Corner personally to provide snacks for this meeting, and..." She pointed awkwardly at a plate set on on of the cabinets. "She couldn't decide between donuts or muffins, so she combined them. They're called 'duffins,' apparently."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Masterweaver wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:"Chain Link..." The Odd Minotaur said as he just looked at his badge. "Um... Well this is a great honor to be working you all? Still in shocked they've let me of all people in this thing... I guess the bit about how I'm a non-unicorn magic user worked wonders..."

"Oh, you practice the arcane arts? I'm sure my friend Twilight would love to speak with you, if she ever has the time between coordinating all the groups wandering in and out of Ponyville these days..."
Chain Link nods. "Yeah... I do know a little, not that great and the way I use magic is a bit odd... But I can do it, and would love to talk with your friend next time both of us have the time."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

"Duffins? Sweet!" Ruby gives a half-hop, half-fly towards the snack table to grab one before the bigger eaters present manage to consume everything. "Blueberry chocolate... Weird. Not bad, but weird." She continues to eat it as she looks back at the group a few paces away.

"...So what's this about special sensitivities? I don't wanna clop on anypony else's horseshoes." She asks, duffin crumbs being carefully removed with a napkin.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 pm

The earth pony undoes the stiching around his mouth as he crosses the room and picks up a Duffin.
"They don't know, I figured they had been clued in, though I guess these E.A.R.S lings could have tried to infiltrate us."
He then opens his mouth impossibly wide and swallows the Duffin whole.
"Anyling want a Duffin while I'm here?"
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Chain Link nods. "Yeah... I do know a little, not that great and the way I use magic is a bit odd... But I can do it, and would love to talk with your friend next time both of us have the time."

"Well, I'll be sure she schedules in a meeting." Rarity smiled and shook her head. "The poor dear can be so sensitive about that sort of thing..."

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Duffins? Sweet!" Ruby gives a half-hop, half-fly towards the snack table to grab one before the bigger eaters present manage to consume everything. "Blueberry chocolate... Weird. Not bad, but weird." She continues to eat it as she looks back at the group a few paces away.

"...So what's this about special sensitivities? I don't wanna clop on anypony else's horseshoes." She asks, duffin crumbs being carefully removed with a napkin.

"Ah..." Rarity glanced at Ragdoll nervously. "That... that is really not my place to say."

Doc pseudopolis wrote:The earth pony undoes the stiching around his mouth as he crosses the room and picks up a Duffin.
"They don't know, I figured they had been clued in, though I guess these E.A.R.S lings could have try to infiltrate us."
He then opens his mouth impossibly wide and swallows the Duffin whole.
"Anyling want a Duffin while I'm here?"

The unicorn facehooved. "Darling, I seriously suspect the Extermination Agency and Related Sectors do not employ changelings. At least not knowingly. That aside, I do have four potential assignments for you all."

She gave Flashpoint a dry look. "If you think you're ready, that is."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"We've got the gamut of tiny to tall here, huh. I'm Ruby Shield, always ready to defend the rights of the needy."

Ruby? Ember hadn't had one of those in a long time. Mouth watering at the idea of food, Ember bolted over to the duffin table and began scarfing down the baked... things.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Chain Link smiles at that and just enjoys one of the odd snack item there was to eat... He's not sure what to think of them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Flashpoint, who had until now been casually eyeing a few of the dresses, now looked back at the others who were decimating the food. "I suppose I was the only one to bother with breakfast, then." Catching the eye of Rarity, he answered, "Yeah, I'm ready. Not that I'm entirely sure what we're here to do, but I never was any good at listening to briefings. I'll have someone-" he gestured to the other Pegasus, probably the one he would talk to the most, "- fill me in on that. But, yeah, let's hear those objectives. I can relay them to the rest of the team once they've stopped gorging themselves."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

"Hey!" exclaimed Handle through a mouthful of lightly frosted duffin. "We're not 'gorging', we're 'politely really enjoying'! And if you have a problem with that, you can talk to Mjolnir about it."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
RavenscroftRaven wrote:"We've got the gamut of tiny to tall here, huh. I'm Ruby Shield, always ready to defend the rights of the needy."

Ruby? Ember hadn't had one of those in a long time. Mouth watering at the idea of food, Ember bolted over to the duffin table and began scarfing down the baked... things.

Rarity was obviously struggling to keep herself from out and out hugging the dragon and assuring her everything would be all right now. She did, however, subtly use her magic to move a few of the duffins away from the ponies.

Bronymous wrote:Flashpoint, who had until now been casually eyeing a few of the dresses, now looked back at the others who were decimating the food. "I suppose I was the only one to bother with breakfast, then." Catching the eye of Rarity, he answered, "Yeah, I'm ready. Not that I'm entirely sure what we're here to do, but I never was any good at listening to briefings. I'll have someone-" he gestured to the other Pegasus, probably the one he would talk to the most, "- fill me in on that. But, yeah, let's hear those objectives. I can relay them to the rest of the team once they've stopped gorging themselves."

elfowlgirl wrote:"Hey!" exclaimed Handle through a mouthful of lightly frosted duffin. "We're not 'gorging', we're 'politely really enjoying'! And if you have a problem with that, you can talk to Mjolnir about it."

The unicorn cleared her throat. "Very well then." She pulled out a few sheets from a drawer, looking them over, and placed the first one down with a sigh. "This first potential mission... I will admit I have a personal connection with it. There's a little filly called Scootalo--orange, pegasus, and a rather unique fandango mane--who has been reported by concerned citizens as a potential changeling. I personally don't believe it, she plays with my little sister all the time... but it would be better for C.R.E.W. to handle this rather then E.A.R.S. or," she shuddered, "Celestia forbid, the Royal Infiltratration Prevention Enterprise."

She pulled out the next paper and looked it over. "The Friends of All Beings movement is hosting a public meet at Spectral Patio today, and it would be best if somepony from C.R.E.W. was there to... ensure things don't get out of hoof." She rolled her eyes. "Not that I'm one not to encourage harmony but FAB seems a bit... extreme. I swear, Lyra needs her head looked into... ahem."

"Now this one," Rarity adds, pulling out the third paper, "This one is very cloak and dagger. A black pegasus has been seen hanging around town. More then likely he's with the Lunar Intelligence Department, but... well, Luna has her heart in the right place, but her methods are a little too intense for most ponies. All we need you to do is make sure he knows to keep from scaring citizens."

The final paper hit the desk quietly. "The Carrot Top household is suspected of being infiltrated. But they're a member of the Society for a United Equestria, so more then likely they've already dealt with it. Just check in and make sure things are all right with the dears."

She breathed in, then fixed them all with a pointed look. "Changelings are shapeshifters and impersonators. You know this. So try to keep each other in sight at all times. But more importantly, don't assume that their primary method is their only method. I can tell you from personal experience they are much more dangerous opponents then you would think. Do these assignments in any order you see fit."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Rarity was obviously struggling to keep herself from out and out hugging the dragon and assuring her everything would be all right now. She did, however, subtly use her magic to move a few of the duffins away from the ponies.

Being a creature of magic herself, Ember sensed the magic being used to move the duffins. She turned to Rarity and gave a crumb and frosting-covered smile before resuming her meal.

The unicorn cleared her throat. "Very well then." She pulled out a few sheets from a drawer, looking them over, and placed the first one down with a sigh. "This first potential mission... I will admit I have a personal connection with it. There's a little filly called Scootalo--orange, pegasus, and a rather unique fandango mane--who has been reported by concerned citizens as a potential changeling. I personally don't believe it, she plays with my little sister all the time... but it would be better for C.R.E.W. to handle this rather then E.A.R.S. or," she shuddered, "Celestia forbid, the Royal Infiltratration Prevention Enterprise."

A little filly being accused of being a Changeling? That's just plain mean! Someone might as well call Ember a Changeling, and that's... highly improbable! Ember resolved to make a rousing speech in favor of this plan... as soon as she finished her duffins.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm

The earth pony stepped away from the plate and re-tied the stitches around his jaw.
"The sugarcube corner's cooking is FANTASTIC!"
Masterweaver wrote:The unicorn cleared her throat. "Very well then." She pulled out a few sheets from a drawer, looking them over, and placed the first one down with a sigh. "This first potential mission... I will admit I have a personal connection with it. There's a little filly called Scootalo--orange, pegasus, and a rather unique fandango mane--who has been reported by concerned citizens as a potential changeling. I personally don't believe it, she plays with my little sister all the time... but it would be better for C.R.E.W. to handle this rather then E.A.R.S. or," she shuddered, "Celestia forbid, the Royal Infiltratration Prevention Enterprise."
"Yeah I think we should snap this job up A.S.A.P, I don't want to think about what those E.A.R.S lings, eh ponies, would do to a gru...foal."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Link nods in agreement. "And afterwards we should try to meet up with that FAB event too if we're lucky... I figure that'd be something worthwhile to be at as well. The other two don't strike me as all that major to deal with right this second."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Link nods in agreement. "And afterwards we should try to meet up with that FAB event too if we're lucky... I figure that'd be something worthwhile to be at as well. The other two don't strike me as all that major to deal with right this second."

"Plus, the FAB event's happening today. The others we can investigate later..." Handle pointed out.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

"That was my logic about that too..." Chain comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Ruby nods, noting that she did, in fact, only manage one of the weird holed muffins before the earth pony, dragon, and minotaur staked their respective claims. She was right to rush. Not that she skipped breakfast, no, it was just important to get a feel for the city and the antics of the local folks, and how a baker cooks was an excellent way to differentiate them from an imposter. And she skipped breakfast. That too.

The group did seem a bit disorganized, though. Probably about as scatterbrained as herself, but the guard had a reputation to uphold. "So in summary, we have an assignment of high emotional priority, one that is extremely time-sensitive, one that is diplomatic in nature, and one that is formal bureaucratic paperwork." She winced, having not meant to summarize the last one so... accurately.

"We should meet with the young filly... Scoolaboo? The Royal Infiltratration Prevention Enterprise... More like Royal Antagonistic Provocateur Enterprise... If we make it clear we're on that case, hopefully they won't try to force jurisdiction, make sure she's alright in our dockets. We just need a brief meeting with her, then we can attempt to make a showing at this FAB event later today." Ruby looks to see if there was general agreement to this. "If we encounter Luna's sell-spear along the way, we can talk with them, but they can probably go one day without us needing to harass them."

...Well burnt juice and crackers. She hadn't meant to say that last bit.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"The Royal Infiltratration Prevention Enterprise... More like Royal Antagonistic Provocateur Enterprise... If we make it clear we're on that case, hopefully they won't try to force jurisdiction, make sure she's alright in our dockets. We just need a brief meeting with her, then we can attempt to make a showing at this FAB event later today."
Ember thought the Royal Antagonistic Provocateur Enterprise was a lame acronym. It didn't even mean anything! Ember swallowed her bite of duffin.

"If... if we stop the meanies who think that Scootoo is a Changeling..." offered up Ember. "Maybe... maybe we can be in the area... for the FAB thingy?"

Ember didn't realize that was the exact same plan everyone else had. To her it was the best plan ever.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Flashpoint listens to Ruby give her rather civilian breakdown of the objectives. Oh, good he thought to himself, It figures she'd be a POG. He did have to smile at her improvised acronyms though. "Where exactly is this FAB meeting taking place? We should probably set up there as a focal point, before going out searching for this kid. That way if there's trouble there we can converge provide... whatever kind of assistance they think they'll need. We can station one of us there, and the rest can go after the filly. I can provide overwatch and relay info in the event of a prolonged search, as well." Flashpoint looks over the others sizing up candidates for each job, but then-

"Or do we already know where Scootaloo is, and this is just a waste of time?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm

"If you're looking for Scootaloo just..." Rarity rolled her eyes wearily. "Just follow the sounds of destruction. She should be with my sister and their other friend..."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next