Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations

+3
Xel Unknown
Brony 7 of 9
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations - Page 7 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations

Post  Masterweaver Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Ragdoll's psychic scream knocks out two of the still standing ponies and kills another one. Of the two that manage to survive, only one is really effected.

EARS-1 IS DEFEATED
EARS-5 IS DEAD
EARS-6 IS DEFEATED

Ragdoll gains achievement: These hooves have killed.

Ember is no longer blind.

IT IS NOW: Ruby's turn.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 pm

No damage: Gain 2 pips

"Everypony stop! Seriously! Before anything happens!" Ruby was, unfortunately, blind, and could only judge by hearing, but that was two strong thumps. Serious injury was happening really close nearby. "Before anypony gets SERIOUSLY hurt! Everypony wants the same thing in the end! We are NOT enemies here!" She keeps blinking her eyes to get some tears to refresh them.

actions:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm

((I apologize for the late reply))

Well... nothing happens, although Ruby is no longer Blind.

IT IS NOW: Chain Link's turn. The remaining EARS troopers tremble in fear.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:06 pm

"Yeah, really I think one of your guys is in deep need of medical attention, right now!" Chain Link said with worry, not using his move and commanding his rabbits to not act too...

(OOC: Not sure if this is allowed, but I'm going to try to use Persuasion to end the fight here. Doing the roll assuming it's allowed...)

persuasion check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:02 pm

COMBAT END

YOU ALL RECEIVE 100 HARMONY

As the dust clears, you have three unconscious, two heavily wounded, and one psychicly dead EARS troopers on your hooves. But the CMC and the various civilians are unharmed.

The Rainbow-maned pegasus lands nearby, facehooving. "Dang it! I should have known that they'd do this...." She spits out some blood, tubbing a few bruises on her forelegs. "I hate these EARS scumbags, but they're smart. Kept me occupied in the sky... if you guys hadn't been here..."

She sighs, giving Flashpoint an apologetic look. "So I guess you and I got off on the wrong hoof. The skies are still mine, don't get me wrong, but I'll listen to ya next time." She sidles up with a smile. "There's one thing, though...."

SLAP!

"WHEN YOUR ENEMY IS A BUNCH OF SHAPESHIFTERS YOU NEVER SPLIT UP THE GROUP!"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 pm

"True, but when there are TWO EQUALLY HIGH PRIORTY cases to work on... We've gotta do what we gotta do... Either we spit up or risk one of them to go south..." Chain Link retorts to the rainbow one. "I mean me and Ember were here overseeing stuff, I knew something would happen, but if we all went here, a little filly, who be celestia knows where right now, WOULD BE at risk of being hunted by PEOPLE WORSE THAN US."

(OOC: That's what I've gotta say about us splitting the party. The way we did... It was a good move. One job had a time limit, the other had a kid involved... There was no way we'd think one over the other... Or at least I think Chain Link would've tried to handle the other one depending on what the rest of the party went with.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Ragdoll examines the E.A.R.S troopers.
Roll (perception: examine the E.A.R.S troopers and their equipment.)
Roll:
"Hmm. I need to work on my singing if this is what happens. I know! I'll practice now."
Ragdoll then clears his throat as though he was about to start singing again, inorder to scare the concious troopers.
Roll (Persuasion: Intimidating the E.A.R.S troopers with threats of more singing.)
Roll:
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Chain Link just linefaces at the bad singing threat...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Ember, now that the fighting is over, huddles up in a corner, wanting to be as far from the angry hurt ponies as possible.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Flashpoint holds a hoof up to where he was just slapped. And then, he slaps her back. "Oh, NO, you don't get to act like I did something wrong! You listen to me little miss Drizzle, I told you we were doing something important, and I WAS doing something important- watching my teams making sure nothing goes wrong. AND, if I hadn't had an uppity rainbow framed pegasus in my face while I was TRYING to do that job, I might have been able to ACTUALLY DO IT. Do you think those ponies just appeared out of thin air to attack? NO! They had to stage- they had to meet up, all with their stupid costumes on, and move with coordination to the attack point. Which means, If you hadn't been up there screaming at me because you couldn't move clouds around me for a minute or two, I could and probably WOULD have seen them coming. Then we would have been better prepared, and we probably would have driven them off with minimal damage. INSTEAD, your incessant thick-headedness resulted in at least one death, and as far as I'm concerned, all of the panic and pain suffered today by everypony involved!" Flashpoint takes a breath, eyeing her bruises for a moment, before continuing. "Hell, why should we even trust you now? You interfered with our operation, you could be working for them. I know I didn't see how you got those bruises- it certainly wasn't here, helping us!"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Bronymous wrote:Flashpoint holds a hoof up to where he was just slapped. And then, he slaps her back. "Oh, NO, you don't get to act like I did something wrong! You listen to me little miss Drizzle, I told you we were doing something important, and I WAS doing something important- watching my teams making sure nothing goes wrong. AND, if I hadn't had an uppity rainbow framed pegasus in my face while I was TRYING to do that job, I might have been able to ACTUALLY DO IT. Do you think those ponies just appeared out of thin air to attack? NO! They had to stage- they had to meet up, all with their stupid costumes on, and move with coordination to the attack point. Which means, If you hadn't been up there screaming at me because you couldn't move clouds around me for a minute or two, I could and probably WOULD have seen them coming. Then we would have been better prepared, and we probably would have driven them off with minimal damage. INSTEAD, your incessant thick-headedness resulted in at least one death, and as far as I'm concerned, all of the panic and pain suffered today by everypony involved!" Flashpoint takes a breath, eyeing her bruises for a moment, before continuing. "Hell, why should we even trust you now? You interfered with our operation, you could be working for them. I know I didn't see how you got those bruises- it certainly wasn't here, helping us!"
"Dude... Just shut up... You're not our NCO or however those terms work. Nobody is... We're all equals in this job. And we're to work WITH the normal civilian workers from what I've read about how this stuff is set up." Chain Link said with a sigh. "Just let that ego of yours GO... Yeah, mistakes were made, but I'm sure you were also at fault for not explaining or something... Hay, we started off quite rash at this job. We're lucky no civilians got hurt. Let's just be happy with our wins then complain about our losses."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:05 pm

"THAT is not the topic of this discussion." Flashpoint rounds on the Chain Link. "But we will get to that. Later. Right now, we have a mess to clean up," he goes back to glaring at Rainbow Dash, "and I don't think a 'light drizzle' is going to help. DO you plan on helping us out, or do you just want to sit back and yell at us while we work?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm

"You know, it'd be better if we didn't berate all the civilians that we be asking to help us..." Chain Link comments really hating Flashpoint's ego and mindset on their little group.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Ragdoll examines the E.A.R.S troopers.
Roll (perception: examine the E.A.R.S troopers and their equipment.)
Roll:
"Hmm. I need to work on my singing if this is what happens. I know! I'll practice now."
Ragdoll then clears his throat as though he was about to start singing again, inorder to scare the concious troopers.
Roll (Persuasion: Intimidating the E.A.R.S troopers with threats of more singing.)
Roll:
Spoiler:

The EARS troopers look at Ragdoll with something akin to annoyance. "Really?"

Rainbow Dash growls. "WHAT DID YOU THINK I WAS DOING? Huh? Did you really think, oh my, these bad ponies came out of nowhere and nobody was watching? Hate to break it to you pall but we all saw them coming, they broke up into squads, and oh guess what? The guys you were fighting? SMALLEST SQUAD! I was IN THE AIR, keeping civvies out of the sky for this exact reason, and what do you do? You go and try to pull another damn operation instead of just WATCHING like you're supposed to do! It doesn't matter that it turned out right this time, cause that level of distraction could make me miss something! AND GUESS WHAT, IT DID!" She swung a foreleg around the groaning group. "So the next time you think that you have a good idea, just do it instead of trying to convince everypony it's a good idea cause that's way too distracting."

"Hey, Dash. We're okay." Lyra walks up. "Don't worry about it. We're okay... Right Bonbon?" The mare turns to her companion, who is clutching at her in sheer terror. "It's over. We're all, okay."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Ragdoll returned the look and the annoyance.
"Yes really, consider that I managed to drop 2 of your fellows with the opening bars of Das Reingold, what do you think would happen to you if I sang the rest of the Opera?"
Roll (second try to intimidate the troopers.)
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:43 pm

"So let me get this straight. Your job was to watch out for trouble. My job was to watch out for trouble. In the course of doing said jobs, you decide to come yell at me, and I do my best to ignore you and keep watching- FOR TROUBLE. You prevent me from doing so and now you're claiming I "distracted" you? You are some kind of ignorant, lady. 'Next time I have and idea, just do it instead of explaining it'? That thing I was doing that whole time, you mean? Maybe you should feed ponies bullshit and expect them to smile about it. Or better yet, stick to YOUR joband do it instead of gtrying to get on some other pony's case about doing theirs!" Flashpoint looks around at the assembled ponies before continuing." You want to claim the high ground, be everypony's hero, shift blam on us, fine. You deal with cleanup. We'll get our info and get out of your ridiculous looking mane."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 am

"No, your job was to keep these ponies safe! Idiot!" Rainbow throws her hoof in the air. "And hey you did a great job with that I guess but you know, if you actually read up on the law you wouldn't have to pay a five hundred bit fine this month. Oh what's that? You didn't know? FIVE HUNDRED BITS TO THE WEATHER DEPARTMENT, THE PAPERWORK WILL BE FILLED OUT BY SUNDOWN!" She turns away from Flashpoint, growling at the two remaining EARS troopers. "You and you! Which branch are you working for?"

"We ain't telling you anything, changeling scum!"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 am

Handle looked at the EARS troopers. "How do we know that you're not changelings? I mean, you think we are, but can you prove that you're not?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:44 pm

"Yeah! I mean do we act like changelings to you? Or were you crazy enough to see a group of Ponies and think 'Changeling'?"
Ragdoll leaned in close to Handle and RD.
"I think we should wait for the other troopers to wake up then use the 'Ginger beer trick' on them, that would get them to talk in short order."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:55 pm

"You fools! Changelings can't wear iron!"

((Everybody roll knowledge: Changelings.))
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Roll (Knowledge: can Changelings wear Iron?)
Roll:
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Knowledge: 1d20 (1) + 8 = Crit Fail.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Knowledge: 17 (1d20) + 7 (stat) = 24
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Roll: 15+5(just knowledge?)= 20
We should find a way to extricate ourselves from this situation before a certain group member gets exposed for what they really are.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm

((Knowledge check: Roll(1d20)+5:
15,+5
Total:20))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl