The Rise of the Windigo King

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  SubjectZ on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 am

Dr Blight wrote:"I knew what would happen because I could feel his power, the winter king's, growing for a long while now. I knew his agents were here because I could feel his power in them hidden inside the crowds. They are trying to free him, if he is released the events of this night will seem as nothing in comparison."
"Who... who is the winter king? And for that matter, who are you?" Ooooooh, foreboding. I like it.
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:42 am

Subjectz wrote:
Healing Torch did a double take. Um, ma'am? Where are you?

"This can't be right..." Dr. Death Ray flipped back his goggles, and glanced around at the rag-tag group around him. How could they not have noticed by now? Were they really that imperceptive?

Then, for the briefest of moments, Dr. D wondered how many of them would make good henchponies... The Minotaur definitely seemed like he had promise, at least as a blunt instrument... like one of those supporting cast of Con Mane villains... like Jaws... or Oddjob... It also occurred to the Doctor to wonder exactly why he was still with this group in the first place... but he looked at the Lantern and remembered that question had an easy answer, so he moved on to the more pressing matter...

"Hey... you guys?" He raised an eyebrow, "I... uh... I got a signal. It's... Six. Feet. Above. Us."

Then Dr. Death Ray looked up.
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:11 am

Floating just above the party is an orange cloud in the vague shape of a pony, or more specifically, the front half of an alicorn mare. Transparent and with bits of her seeming to be drifting away like sand in the wind. Her mane and everything below her wings fading into trailing wisps of smoke. Her face looked almost like a hollow mask with holes cut out for the eyes, giving a glimpse of a very bright white light just inside. Whenever she opened her mouth, the same light could be seen inside. Her wings were open wide, though she didn't seem to need to use them to fly

"My name is Verana, Goddess of the Summer... or I was in life.... And he is the king of the windigoes, who froze the world millennia ago."
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 am

Dr Blight wrote:Floating just above the party is an orange cloud in the vague shape of a pony, or more specifically, the front half of an alicorn mare. Transparent and with bits of her seeming to be drifting away like sand in the wind. Her mane and everything below her wings fading into trailing wisps of smoke. Her face looked almost like a hollow mask with holes cut out for the eyes, giving a glimpse of a very bright white light just inside. Whenever she opened her mouth, the same light could be seen inside. Her wings were open wide, though she didn't seem to need to use them to fly

"My name is Verana, Goddess of the Summer... or I was in life.... And he is the king of the windigoes, who froze the world millennia ago."
Healing Torch looked up at the voice, and his mouth dropped to the floor. "Oh dear Luna! You're a-a-a-a ALICORN! Wait a second, WINDIGO?! THIS COULD BE THE KEY TO FINDING THE CROWN! Composing himself, Healing Torch smiled up at her. "Well, miss Verana, my name is Healing Torch, and it is a pleasure to meet you."
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:26 am

Land Lobber slowly undulated the muscles in his axe-hand, only sparing a small look up, keeping his gaze away from risking eye contact with the spectre, just in case. Looked too much like a mummy from Matarneighya, those things were cursed. Not that he'd ever seen one, but he imagined it could look pretty close, maybe, never knew with those un-dead types. At least kelpies had the decency to seduce you, but dead things you never could tell when they'd double-cross ya. "So... You be dead... And hauntin' us... Wait, I thought them alecorns were dead-proof?"
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 am

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well Sir Torch, I'm surprised ponies exist that are strong enough to resist his allies." She made a motion that resembled a bow in greeting towards Torch, though it's difficult to tell due to her lacking hind legs. "I'm not haunting you Sir Minotaur, I'm haunting the necklace. And I suppose that rule changes slightly when one alicorn expends all her energy fighting another to the death." She says this with a slight chuckle. "I'm speaking to you now because I need your help though."
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 am

Dr Blight wrote:"It's a pleasure to meet you as well Sir Torch, I'm surprised ponies exist that are strong enough to resist his allies." She made a motion that resembled a bow in greeting towards Torch, though it's difficult to tell due to her lacking hind legs. "I'm not haunting you Sir Minotaur, I'm haunting the necklace. And I suppose that rule changes slightly when one alicorn expends all her energy fighting another to the death." She says this with a slight chuckle. "I'm speaking to you now because I need your help though."
"Well, it wasn't as much resisting them as it was panicked spellcasting and hoping they didn't decapitate us. Also, do you mean the necklace that was around the statue? Was... was that of you? And what, exactly, do you need help with?" Be cautious, Torch. You don't go jumping into adventures involving Ghost Alicorns and Windigo Kings without a good reason. Wait a second, did she say she died fighting another Alicorn? Okay Torch, be even more cautious with this, for all you know she's an enemy of the Princesses. She doesn't seem that bad though. She actually seems... kinda nice.
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 am

Blight wrote:
"Thank you."

You hear the same voice that let out the psychic warning speak out again. Seemingly unheard by the guards as they do not react. This time however something is different, and you soon realize what. Unlike before you didn't hear the voice in your mind this time, you heard it with your ears.

"You are welcome."

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Halynn starts looking around wildly for the voice. Unable to determine a direction for it, she turns to Lobber and Ragnarok. "Please tell me that you heard that too, as opposed to me going insane. Être fou serait très gênant."
"You are not going insane. But I do not see the problem of hearing voices in your head."

Dr Blight wrote:
So my hypothesis was corect. I hate it when I am right.

Dr Blight wrote:"It's a pleasure to meet you as well Sir Torch, I'm surprised ponies exist that are strong enough to resist his allies." She made a motion that resembled a bow in greeting towards Torch, though it's difficult to tell due to her lacking hind legs. "I'm not haunting you Sir Minotaur, I'm haunting the necklace. And I suppose that rule changes slightly when one alicorn expends all her energy fighting another to the death." She says this with a slight chuckle. "I'm speaking to you now because I need your help though."
"I'd gladly help you but I would like to know more of the circumstances of your death.Two alicorns fighting oneanother if almost unheard of outside of Nightmare Moon and Celestia."
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Dr Blight wrote:Floating just above the party is an orange cloud in the vague shape of a pony, or more specifically, the front half of an alicorn mare. Transparent and with bits of her seeming to be drifting away like sand in the wind. Her mane and everything below her wings fading into trailing wisps of smoke. Her face looked almost like a hollow mask with holes cut out for the eyes, giving a glimpse of a very bright white light just inside. Whenever she opened her mouth, the same light could be seen inside. Her wings were open wide, though she didn't seem to need to use them to fly

Halynn stares for a moment. "Well... that is not something you see every day, même pour moi."

She stops to think. "Hmm... King of the Windigos... I wonder if that has to do with the one who started freezing in the middle of the battle, par hasard?"

"Help to take down this 'Windigo King', Je présume?" Halynn inquires.

tygerburningbright wrote:
"I'd gladly help you but I would like to know more of the circumstances of your death.Two alicorns fighting oneanother if almost unheard of outside of Nightmare Moon and Celestia."

Halynn blinks behind her mask. "Je ne peux pas croire que je dis cela, but she has a point. I did not even know there was an alicorn of Summer, let alone any of her duels."

Prench Translation:
...even for me.

...by any chance?

...I presume?

I can't believe I'm saying this...

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 am

"Even so you were able to resist, which is more than could be said of most. The one who froze drew on more of the winter's power than his body could handle and so it began to change him." She nodded at Halynn's question with a serious look on her face. "Yes, you were able to resist. I did not think any would stand a chance against his allies. You are my best hope for preventing his return, I implore you to help!" She tilted her head sounding slightly confused at their questions. "More on my death? I appealed to the winter king's pride and challenged him to one on one battle to the death. I was able to prevail but I expended my power and fell to my wounds in time." She tilted her head the opposite direction trying to remember any details that seem important but finding none.
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am

Dr Blight wrote:"Even so you were able to resist, which is more than could be said of most. The one who froze drew on more of the winter's power than his body could handle and so it began to change him."
"I knew there was something weird about that guy."
Dr Blight wrote:She nodded at Halynn's question with a serious look on her face. "Yes, you were able to resist. I did not think any would stand a chance against his allies. You are my best hope for preventing his return, I implore you to help!"
"So how will his followers go about bringing him back, and how would we have any way of stopping them?"
Dr Blight wrote:She tilted her head sounding slightly confused at their questions. "More on my death? I appealed to the winter king's pride and challenged him to one on one battle to the death. I was able to prevail but I expended my power and fell to my wounds in time." She tilted her head the opposite direction trying to remember any details that seem important but finding none.
"Can you give us any details on his followers and the Windigo King himself? It would make... whatever we're about to do a little easier."

Last edited by Subjectz on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 am

Dr Blight wrote:She nodded at Halynn's question with a serious look on her face. "Yes, you were able to resist. I did not think any would stand a chance against his allies. You are my best hope for preventing his return, I implore you to help!"

Halynn nods seriously. "In that case, you have my assistance. And that of... er... quel était son nom? Ah yes, Land Lobber." She glances at him. "Given that I'm willing to pay an extra 50 bits for seeing this through to the end, I imagine you are with me as well?"

Prench Translation:
...what was his name?
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 am

Land Lobber looked at the costumed pony (specifically the Green Lantern, many ponies seemed to be costumed nowadays). "So we obey the haunted necklace, an' you double the pay to bring the defense to the best possible type."

He notably keeps his eyes away from the spirit, still, as he thought of the many reasons why it was a terrible idea. But even then, without a boat... "I'll also want an equal share o' the plunderer's rights. Cultists always got somethin' of value on 'em, an' I'd be makin' this party profitable. I don't put much stock in gods though: A crazy pony bleeds just the same as a sane one."
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:40 am

Dr. Death Ray had sat down and listened to what this... Spirit of Summer character had to say in relative silence - but actually he'd been talking to GREGG the whole time.

Spirit of Summer... Can you believe this lady?

What do you mean sir?

She's full of it...

Actually Doctor, my internal scanners indicate that her body is full of nothing.

That so, huh?

Yes sir.

So she's just as... hollow and empty as her words... then, isn't she?

Dr. Death Ray's ears perked up when the spirit mentioned something about 'one who froze'...

"Woah... Wait a sec, Sunshine... What did you say about somepony... freezing?"
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Land Lobber looked at the costumed pony (specifically the Green Lantern, many ponies seemed to be costumed nowadays). "So we obey the haunted necklace, an' you double the pay to bring the defense to the best possible type."

He notably keeps his eyes away from the spirit, still, as he thought of the many reasons why it was a terrible idea. But even then, without a boat... "I'll also want an equal share o' the plunderer's rights. Cultists always got somethin' of value on 'em, an' I'd be makin' this party profitable. I don't put much stock in gods though: A crazy pony bleeds just the same as a sane one."

Halynn grimaces behind her mask. "Est-ce qu'il n'ont aucune morale?" She sighs. She doesn't really want to say this, but she also knows she needs all the help she can get. "I do not believe any of the rest of us would want to do the plundering, so I suppose you can have it all... unless there is a compelling reason not to, such as 'this item will explode in ten seconds'."

Prench Translation:
Has he no morals?
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 am

Halynn wrote:"I do not believe any of the rest of us would want to do the plundering, so I suppose you can have it all..."

"Yeah, I don't take loot that hasn't been heisted fair and squa-" Dr. D caught himself at the last second, looked up at Halynn, and grinned, "Uh... I mean, I don't take anything that hasn't been... earned... fair and square... yeah... doing... kind... acts of kindness... like... uh... rescuing kittens, and... um... helping old ladies cross the street... Heh... heh heh..."
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
Halynn wrote:"I do not believe any of the rest of us would want to do the plundering, so I suppose you can have it all..."

"Yeah, I don't take loot that hasn't been heisted fair and squa-" Dr. D caught himself at the last second, looked up at Halynn, and grinned, "Uh... I mean, I don't take anything that hasn't been... earned... fair and square... yeah... doing... kind... acts of kindness... like... uh... rescuing kittens, and... um... helping old ladies cross the street... Heh... heh heh..."

Halynn blinks behind her mask. "You are a superhero as well? I had thought that I was the only one... bonté, c'est merveilleux! That certainly explains the robots, too; it's not the everyday pony who makes such wonderful robots, à moins que je suis tombé au hasard dans une dimension parallèle." She nods firmly. "You and I will have to compare notes sometime!" Though her grin can't be seen because of the mask, her enthusiasm is heard clearly anyway.

Prench Translation:
...goodness, how wonderful!

...unless I randomly stumbled into an alternate dimension.
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Land Lobber didn't speak Fancy, but he was a decent judge of character, he liked to imagine. The irritation was clear on the pony's voice. "Hey, I be not a bad tauric. I just need to make ends meet, and dun got a reg'lar job like you folks. You bought mah loyalty, girl, an' I dun think the other team is likely to put up enough hazard pay fer facing down an alecorn vampony."
"Especially since if they win I prob'ly wun get my Prench toast at all. I like small business."
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Land Lobber didn't speak Fancy, but he was a decent judge of character, he liked to imagine. The irritation was clear on the pony's voice. "Hey, I be not a bad tauric. I just need to make ends meet, and dun got a reg'lar job like you folks. You bought mah loyalty, girl, an' I dun think the other team is likely to put up enough hazard pay fer facing down an alecorn vampony."
"Especially since if they win I prob'ly wun get my Prench toast at all if they win."

Halynn facehooves. "What is it with you and that Prench toast? It's not even from Prance, Je devrais le savoir!" She sighs. "But... point taken. I apologize for misjudging you."

Prench Translation:
...I should know!
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 pm

The minotaur pouts. "Who cares if its from Fancy or not, it tastes good. I'm not discrim'natry 'gainst cultures, what's good is good." He thought they may be getting slightly off topic, but it was a very important topic!
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:39 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:The minotaur pouts. "Who cares if its from Fancy or not, it tastes good. I'm not discrim'natry 'gainst cultures, what's good is good." He thought they may be getting slightly off topic, but it was a very important topic!

"Well, you do have a point there," Halynn muses. "They are quite good, especially with blueberry syrup. Mmm, c'est le paradis sur un plateau!"

Prench Translation:
...it is paradise on a plate!
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 pm

"I sealed his powers into five relics he wore in life. In order to revive him, they'll need to collect them. As for his followers, I do not know. But they must be mad to draw on the strength of a being who feeds turning others to hatred." She looked around at the group as they talked before turning towards Dr. D. "The windigo king was once the spirit of winter before he gained control of the windigoes. His powers are bound to the ice and snow, and so too are those who draw upon them. The mad pony who deflected your golems assault drew on too much of his power and began to transform into a being of ice." She was silent as Land and Halynn argued, listening with interest. "Um... what is 'prench toast'? for that matter, what is "Prance'?"
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"I sealed his powers into five relics he wore in life. In order to revive him, they'll need to collect them. As for his followers, I do not know. But they must be mad to draw on the strength of a being who feeds turning others to hatred." She looked around at the group as they talked before turning towards Dr. D. "The windigo king was once the spirit of winter before he gained control of the windigoes. His powers are bound to the ice and snow, and so too are those who draw upon them. The mad pony who deflected your golems assault drew on too much of his power and began to transform into a being of ice." She was silent as Land and Halynn argued, listening with interest. "Um... what is 'prench toast'? for that matter, what is "Prance'?"
"Um, Verana, what are these five artifacts known as? And how long, exactly, have you been sealed away in that necklace, if you can remember?"
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"I sealed his powers into five relics he wore in life. In order to revive him, they'll need to collect them. As for his followers, I do not know. But they must be mad to draw on the strength of a being who feeds turning others to hatred." She looked around at the group as they talked before turning towards Dr. D. "The windigo king was once the spirit of winter before he gained control of the windigoes. His powers are bound to the ice and snow, and so too are those who draw upon them. The mad pony who deflected your golems assault drew on too much of his power and began to transform into a being of ice." She was silent as Land and Halynn argued, listening with interest. "Um... what is 'prench toast'? for that matter, what is "Prance'?"

"Vous avez vraiment été dans le coup, n'est-ce pas?" Halynn mutters. "Prance is a region of Equestria. I lived there for quite a while. Prench toast, mistakenly named after Prance even though there's no relationship. Basically, bread fried in eggs, milk, and cinnamon."

Prench Translation:
You really have been out of the loop, haven't you?
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:23 pm

"His crown, his scepter, his greaves. his armor, and his mantle all contain a portion of his power. And I have been bound to the necklace for one thousand one hundred and eighty six years. Ever since the ponies took it from my grave and placed it around the statue of me in their shrine." She said with a little smile, she stayed silent for a long while before admitting sheepishly. "I haven't had much to do but watch the goings on about the island and count the years. Did you know ponies without wings can fly now? Using these strange blankets filled with air attached to a basket!" She says this with excitement obvious in her voice as if it were a marvel.

A loud crash interrupts the conversations as Stone Force finally gets bored of using the guards battering ram and simply punches the doors to the museum down with his bare hands, finally allowing guards inside.
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top