Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 7 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"His crown, his scepter, his greaves. his armor, and his mantle all contain a portion of his power. And I have been bound to the necklace for one thousand one hundred and eighty six years. Ever since the ponies took it from my grave and placed it around the statue of me in their shrine." She said with a little smile, she stayed silent for a long while before admitting sheepishly. "I haven't had much to do but watch the goings on about the island and count the years. Did you know ponies without wings can fly now? Using these strange blankets filled with air attached to a basket!" She says this with excitement obvious in her voice as if it were a marvel.

A loud crash interrupts the conversations as Stone Force finally gets bored of using the guards battering ram and simply punches the doors to the museum down with his bare hands, finally allowing guards inside.

"Do they need to bring the pieces to a certain place to awaken the Windigo King, par hasard?" Halynn inquires, ignoring the crash. This seemed to be more important at the moment.

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"His crown, his scepter, his greaves. his armor, and his mantle all contain a portion of his power. And I have been bound to the necklace for one thousand one hundred and eighty six years. Ever since the ponies took it from my grave and placed it around the statue of me in their shrine." She said with a little smile, she stayed silent for a long while before admitting sheepishly. "I haven't had much to do but watch the goings on about the island and count the years. Did you know ponies without wings can fly now? Using these strange blankets filled with air attached to a basket!" She says this with excitement obvious in her voice as if it were a marvel.

A loud crash interrupts the conversations as Stone Force finally gets bored of using the guards battering ram and simply punches the doors to the museum down with his bare hands, finally allowing guards inside.
"Do the artifacts have any magical qualities on their own?" Healing Torch says, "And if we bring the necklace you're haunting with us, can you accompany us?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:48 pm

"Would you know where those relics are? Please do not say that they were kept on this island."

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm

"They would need to gather the relics where the windigo king fell to return his powers to his body and revive it. As to them having powers of their own I do not know. I died too soon after the battle to test that. They are saturated with his power though, they could be used as catalysts for incredibly powerful magic I assume."

She turned to look at Ragnarok. "Not...exactly. They were each taken by various tribes to be guarded. I know where those tribes intended to take them initially was within this chain of islands. But it's been over 1000 years. In that time, the tribe that kept my necklace died of illness. I do not know how the other tribes fared or if their relics were not found and moved already. But yes, I cannot stray too far from the necklace. If I am to aid you, you must have it in your possession." She said turning her attention towards Torch again.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"They would need to gather the relics where the windigo king fell to return his powers to his body and revive it. As to them having powers of their own I do not know. I died too soon after the battle to test that. They are saturated with his power though, they could be used as catalysts for incredibly powerful magic I assume."

She turned to look at Ragnarok. "Not...exactly. They were each taken by various tribes to be guarded. I know where those tribes intended to take them initially was within this chain of islands. But it's been over 1000 years. In that time, the tribe that kept my necklace died of illness. I do not know how the other tribes fared or if their relics were not found and moved already. But yes, I cannot stray too far from the necklace. If I am to aid you, you must have it in your possession." She said turning her attention towards Torch again.

"...Tartarus!" Halynn swore. "So much for my idea of just finding one item and staying there to guard it. If we do that, they might just gather the others and use them against us. But if we collect them all, we're practically asking them to snatch it away from us at the last minute, since I'm pretty sure none of us are going to use that magic. Too risky. And we obviously can't leave them where they are." She turns thoughtful. "I suppose we could get one of the pieces and throw it into the ocean. Unless they have seaponies, that should keep them from getting it."
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm

"A large amount of lava or magma would be a better solution. Also we must consider the option that somepony has already taken the relics.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm

"I think our best bet is to ask around the island and see what the locals know, or maybe interrogate one of the cultists."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"A large amount of lava or magma would be a better solution. Also we must consider the option that somepony has already taken the relics.

"True, but I don't think any of us can get that close to lava without being incinerated," Halynn replies. "Also, even if they've been taken, the only way we're going to find that out is by going there, no?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:30 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:"A large amount of lava or magma would be a better solution. Also we must consider the option that somepony has already taken the relics.

"True, but I don't think any of us can get that close to lava without being incinerated," Halynn replies. "Also, even if they've been taken, the only way we're going to find that out is by going there, no?"
"Yes, but where is the question."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:02 pm

"I could originally create or clear great storms with a thought when I was alive, in death my magic radiates out wildly from my resting place causing the unnatural weather this island experiences. I would imagine his relics would affect their surroundings in some similarly unnatural form."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"I could originally create or clear great storms with a thought when I was alive, in death my magic radiates out wildly from my resting place causing the unnatural weather this island experiences. I would imagine his relics would affect their surroundings in some similarly unnatural form."
"So our best starting point is definitely to ask the locals about any places around here with unusual weather and topography."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Subjectz wrote:
Dr Blight wrote:"I could originally create or clear great storms with a thought when I was alive, in death my magic radiates out wildly from my resting place causing the unnatural weather this island experiences. I would imagine his relics would affect their surroundings in some similarly unnatural form."
"So our best starting point is definitely to ask the locals about any places around here with unusual weather and topography."

"Venez pour penser à elle, that can tell us if they've been moved," Halynn muses. "Odds are they'd be in a museum, so we can look for museums thaat have had drastic weather changes in the past... millenium... or so..."

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 pm

"Weather is just one form it could take, he had the power to bend the mind of others, as well as manipulate the spirits. But yes, that sounds like a good plan to start with." She was silent for a long moment. "I have not heard that word before: topography. What does it mean?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 pm

When the Lantern had called him a super-hero, Dr. Death Ray had thought it best not to correct her, Well, at least she got it half-right... and when she mentioned,

Halynn wrote:
"...it's not the everyday pony who makes such wonderful robots..."

He hadn't known quite what to say. He kept thinking, Wonderful? She thinks my robots a wonderful? GREGG, did you hear that? SHE THINKS MY ROBOTS ARE WONDERFUL!

Then, as he slowly came back down to Equestria, he began listening to the spirit of summer, and as she described the Windigo King and his artifacts, the Doctor began to grow more and more interested by the minute.

Artifacts? ...Great magical power? He'd begun ringing his hooves together and grinning. Perhaps one... or all... of those artifacts were just what he need to power the Dark Horse indefinitely?

When the spirit had mentioned topography, GREGG's eye had flashed and he zoomed up beside her. "Topography is a field of planetary science comprising the study of surface shape and features of the Earth and other observable astronomical objects including planets, moons, and asteroids. It is also the description of such surface shapes and features, especially their depictions on maps. The topography of an area can also mean the surface shape and features themselves." The little robot paused for a moment, "At least, that's the quote from Ponypedia that I'm bringing up on my web interface Ms. Verana."

Then something occurred to Dr. Death Ray...

"Wait a sec..." He looks up at the others, "Didn't a big fancy-looking Griffon... take the Mayor hostage... and run into the museum?" the Doctor facehoofs, "Why didn't I see it before? Send the henchman out as a diversion to distract the law enforcement... Then go into the vault and steal the riches... It's a textbook heist..."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

XandZero2 wrote:When the Lantern had called him a super-hero, Dr. Death Ray had thought it best not to correct her, Well, at least she got it half-right... and when she mentioned,

Halynn wrote:
"...it's not the everyday pony who makes such wonderful robots..."

He hadn't known quite what to say. He kept thinking, Wonderful? She thinks my robots a wonderful? GREGG, did you hear that? SHE THINKS MY ROBOTS ARE WONDERFUL!

Then, as he slowly came back down to Equestria, he began listening to the spirit of summer, and as she described the Windigo King and his artifacts, the Doctor began to grow more and more interested by the minute.

Artifacts? ...Great magical power? He'd begun ringing his hooves together and grinning. Perhaps one... or all... of those artifacts were just what he need to power the Dark Horse indefinitely?

When the spirit had mentioned topography, GREGG's eye had flashed and he zoomed up beside her. "Topography is a field of planetary science comprising the study of surface shape and features of the Earth and other observable astronomical objects including planets, moons, and asteroids. It is also the description of such surface shapes and features, especially their depictions on maps. The topography of an area can also mean the surface shape and features themselves." The little robot paused for a moment, "At least, that's the quote from Ponypedia that I'm bringing up on my web interface Ms. Verana."

Then something occurred to Dr. Death Ray...

"Wait a sec..." He looks up at the others, "Didn't a big fancy-looking Griffon... take the Mayor hostage... and run into the museum?" the Doctor facehoofs, "Why didn't I see it before? Send the henchman out as a diversion to distract the law enforcement... Then go into the vault and steal the riches... It's a textbook heist..."
"We need to get in there and see what he took and if the mayor's alright!"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm

""Odds are they'd be in a museum, so we can look for museums thaat have had drastic weather changes in the past... millenium... or so..."

"Give me a few moments... "
history roll:

Subjectz wrote:
'

Ragnarok starts to walk toward the museum. "Well what are you waiting for?"

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:

"[color=green]"Odds are they'd be in a museum, so we can look for museums thaat have had drastic weather changes in the past... millenium... or so..."

"Give me a few moments... "
history roll:

Subjectz wrote:
'

Ragnarok starts to walk toward the museum. "Well what are you waiting for?"
"Nothing. Let's go." And with that, Healing Torch began to follow Ragnarok.
Perception Check:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 am

XandZero2 wrote:Then something occurred to Dr. Death Ray...

Halynn facehooves, berating herself as she follows the group towards the museum. "I should have guessed that. I really should have. Been doing this for a good couple of years, one would think I'd know the ropes. But nooo. Négligent, that's what I am." She turns towards Dr. Death Ray with a rueful smile. "Good thinking on your part, though. You've clearly done this for a long time. I look forward to comparing notes in the future, si vous ne me dérangerait pas."

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 am

Land Lobber looks around for the amulet, noting its general safety. "I guess that's part of the contract, even if mayors bein' innocent be debatable."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Land Lobber looks around for the amulet, noting its general safety. "I guess that's part of the contract, even if mayors bein' innocent be debatable."

"Innocent is henceforth being defined as 'not a murderer or rapist'," Halynn informs him.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 am

"That's a wide strike zone, but yah got it boss."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 am

Halynn wrote:"I should have guessed that. I really should have. Been doing this for a good couple of years, one would think I'd know the ropes. But nooo. Négligent, that's what I am." She turns towards Dr. Death Ray with a rueful smile. "Good thinking on your part, though. You've clearly done this for a long time."

"Oh it comes pretty naturally," Dr. Death Ray smiled, "Just gotta think of what I would do-"

The Doctor stops there and grins, secretly cursing his luck, "Yeah... I uh... would love to share my... secrets... some time... with you... Sounds like a..."

Date, sir?

Dr. Death Ray froze. "DATE?!"

The Doctor remained silent for a long moment. He glanced around nervously. Coughed. Laughed awkwardly, "Uh... I said... sounds like a... A RATE! Yeah... As in, a first rate idea... yeah..."

The Doctor continues trotting along swiftly after the rest of the group, falling silent as GREGG zips through the air after him.

GREGG...?

Sorry Doctor.

You better be.

Then when Dr. D hears Halynn's definition for 'innocent', he mutters quitely to himself, "Huh... Guess I'm innocent then... Go figure..."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Halynn wrote:"I should have guessed that. I really should have. Been doing this for a good couple of years, one would think I'd know the ropes. But nooo. Négligent, that's what I am." She turns towards Dr. Death Ray with a rueful smile. "Good thinking on your part, though. You've clearly done this for a long time."

"Oh it comes pretty naturally," Dr. Death Ray smiled, "Just gotta think of what I would do-"

The Doctor stops there and grins, secretly cursing his luck, "Yeah... I uh... would love to share my... secrets... some time... with you... Sounds like a..."

Date, sir?

Dr. Death Ray froze. "DATE?!"

The Doctor remained silent for a long moment. He glanced around nervously. Coughed. Laughed awkwardly, "Uh... I said... sounds like a... A RATE! Yeah... As in, a first rate idea... yeah..."

The Doctor continues trotting along swiftly after the rest of the group, falling silent as GREGG zips through the air after him.

GREGG...?

Sorry Doctor.

You better be.

Then when Dr. D hears Halynn's definition for 'innocent', he mutters quitely to himself, "Huh... Guess I'm innocent then... Go figure..."

Though her smile is hidden behind her mask, the smile's clear in her voice as she says, "C'est réglé, alors! I look forward to it, then, Dr... Death Ray, was it? A very interesting name. I look forward to hearing the story about that as well."

Truth be told, she was beginning to have suspicions about his "heroism". The color scheme was the generally villainous sort, robots were usually used by villains, and his name was Death Ray. Nonetheless, he didn't have that general... maliciousness that many of the villains she had faced did. Perhaps, with a little persuasion, he could be brought to a more lawful perspective.

She grins behind her mask. It definitely didn't hurt that he liked her. Definitely made things easier. And he did have a sort of awkward charm about him, so it wasn't going to be a painful task. Une fille peut faire pire, non?

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm

At the base of the stairs of the museum, Healing Torch spots the necklace and grabs it, putting it in his saddlebags for safe-keeping.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Subjectz wrote:At the base of the stairs of the museum, Healing Torch spots the necklace and grabs it, putting it in his saddlebags for safe-keeping.
"Are you just going to steal a priceless artifact?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next