Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  XandZero2 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 pm

"Uh..." Dr. Death Ray glanced back, trying to pretend he was preoccupied stretching his spectral green wings (since I just remembered I still had those).

Okay... You can do this Death Ray... You can do this...

I believe in you sir!

Just act cool Death Ray... Just act cool...

Don't blow it sir!

-Not helping.

The Doctor took a long gulp and turned back to Halynn. "Uh... I'm kinda... uh... Well, I was thinking we... um... It's... er... been a while since... uh... Say-" Dr. D grinned, laughing awkwardly, "Heh... heh, heh... heh... You... wouldn't be hungry wouldja?... Maybe... maybe there's a restaurant... or a... a frozen yogurt stand - do you like frozen yogurt? - or something... that survived the attack of... the... uh... windigo whackjobs... We could...you know... get something to eat... and... uh... erm... yeah... Talk. There. Maybe... if you want...?"

Pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes...

Pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes...

Death Ray glances back towards the Minotaur.

"Maybe we could even... uh... bring back some... some prench toast for Lobber?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm

"Sure, we can do that, although I honestly have no idea where to find a restaurant in this town," Halynn confesses.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Dr. Death Ray's grin grew considerably less self-conscious and a whole lot brighter. "Oh yeah? Well, I'm sure we can... we can find something. I mean, this island is a tourist trap... after all... a, a good restaurant shouldn't be horribly hard to find..." He spreads his wings and takes flight, then pauses mid-air, "Though, finding one that's still intact? That might be a bit more difficult..."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm

((As long as we're waiting on the GM...))

As the pair of unicorns walked on down the street, Mosstone decided he might as well try to strike up some conversation. "Sooo," he began, "If we're going to be roaming together, I might as well get to know you. Where are you from?" he asked the younger one.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Healing Torch turned his head. "Huh? Oh, uh, I live in Canterlot. Been there for almost half my life. How about you?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Mosstone mulled for a moment on how much to tell this pony. "I was born in Ponyville," he said. "But after the, um... accident... I had to move to Apploosa... I left a few years before the Nightmare Moon incident, and I've been all over since. I came here hoping to pick up a job as a guide; they're usually pretty thick around here right about now. Guess I got one," he finished with a another rare grin. He was doing that an awful lot today; he wondered if it would last.

"How about you? You just here for the parade, or did you have something else in mind?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 am

Healing Torch stiffened for a microsecond, then relaxed and laughed just a little too loud. "HAHAHAHA Yeah, just graduated medical school and wanted a vacation!" He grimaced nervously and looked to the side.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 am

((Rolled a quick Perception check, got 24 all together. I feel perfectly justified in noticing this.))

Mosstone regarded the unicorn in a new light. Obviously he was hiding something; a pony on vacation wasn't that nervous about saying so.

"Look, Torch," he started in a low, calm voice. "If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine; everyone has things they don't want to talk about, believe me. But if you don't want to talk about something, just say so, it sounds less suspicious that way," he advised the pony, deciding not to ask what the truth was. It wasn't his business after all, and he had his own secrets too.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 am

Healing Torch had a small smile on his face. "Err, thanks... it's better for everypony if nopony knows why I'm here. It would just complicate things."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:39 am

"Well..." Dr. Death Ray flipped up his goggles and started trotting for the door, "What do you say GL? Let's see if we can't find... uh... someplace nice."

((I guess to move things along, Dr. Death Ray is going to go out with Halynn - heh heh - and try to find a nice-looking restaurant where they can sit down and talk. Streetwise would probably be the skill to use here... and since Halynn has a higher score in it than me, I'll just have Dr. D roll to assist: SW 5+ D20 = Wooh! Got a 17, so 22 total for the assist.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 am

As you step out of the museum into the cool night air, you're struck immediately by how quiet it is. Some of the stalls from the parade that were damaged during the attack still line the streets, abandoned for scrap in the night, jagged wood and torn cloth exposed under the firelight of the large torch stands lining the street. Most of the undamaged stands have already packed up and been carried away, while others are still in the process of gathering their things. The moon sits high in the sky, and the guard presence is out in force. Even as late as it is, ponies in gleaming armor stand at attention at nearly every street corner.

Sitting on a bench outside the museum are a mismatched pair despite the identicle clothes they wear. A minotaur and an adolescent dragoness wearing durable-looking beige shirts and matching beige pith hats. The dragoness looks somewhat irritable, her arms folded across her chest. She looks at you as you step out but quickly turns away, biting back a yawn as she continues to wait.

Verana follows quietly above Healing Torch, watching the two green unicorns as they talk. "Summer." She speaks up during a moment of silence. "I am the Spirit of Summer, and that is what Cissan means." Looking around, you find that many shops are closed at this hour for the night, though some, particularly the more famous chains still seem to be operating.

((It's getting close to midnight in game right now, since the parade did take place at night.))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 am

Healing Torch looked up at Verana, and said, "Well, that's neat. What langua- HOLY LUNA, IT'S LATE! I completely lost track of the time." Healing Torch turned to Mosstone. "Look, Mossy, we might wanna head back to the museum, find the others, and get some rest, it's really late! Besides, I'm sure they can't take over the world in one night." Torch looks back up. "Would that be alright with you, Verana?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 am

Mosstone breathed in the cool air, his sharp eyes all but piercing the familiar night sky. <This is more like it,> he thought as they walked down the streets. Nice and quiet. Uncrowded. Why, I can actually see the other end of the street! Although,> and here he put his thinking cap on, <What was up with those two?> Referring to the pair outside the museum.

Hearing Torch's suggestion, Mosstone chuckled slightly to himself. "You go on back if that suits you. I'll be good for a while yet, I can do some scouting about. But," he said, remembering the beige clad ones, "Did you see those two in the pith hats outside the museum? Keep an eye out for them. I'm not sure what they're about, but I'd keep an eye on my flank until we do know."

Not seeing if Torch had listened to his suggestion, Mosstone made a mental note of where the hardware stores were; he'd shop around more in the morning. In the meantime, he needed to find some patch of forest where they could get some tree sap. Keeping his eyes open, he picked a direction (east) and started trotting towards the edge of town...

Checks:

Last edited by Grey Pen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 pm

"Yeah, I saw them... I... you know something, I'll keep going with you, I don't look forward to walking back alone." Plus, I've gone on longer without sleep, I'll be fine.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm

"Suit yourself," Mosstone said. He wondered if the younger pony wasn't simply trying to look tough; He decided to humor him, but not now. No reason to stop yet. "But, I'm liable to end up camping out, so consider yourself forewarned."

((GM said it was midnight currently? Moss will probably want to stop around 3 or 4 then, however far that gets us at trotting/walking speed.))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

"O-oh, camping... gooood. So where are we heading if the stores are closed?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm

"Remember when I said we could seal the boat with tree sap? Let's just say for now that as luck would have it, it DOES grow on trees. I intend to find some, so we'll know where to look tomorrow. Say, I don't suppose you have some way to get a message to the others, do you? I'd rather they not waste time looking for us," Mosstone asked, getting a sick feeling in his gut that those words were going to come back to bite him...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:25 am

"Er, not really, but I figure they'll be fine until we get back. Won't we need something to extract the sap with?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 am

"Oh, we won't be able to do it tonight, no. The stuff we need is at the hardware store, and the store's closed. I just want to find the trees in advance, so we're not wasting too much daylight on that when it comes time to do so. Besides," he paused to take a breath, "I haven't seen a night like this in weeks. I don't dare waste it, or who knows when the next chance might come. So call it kinda selfish, too."
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 am

Healing Torch looked up at the stars. "Yeah... they really are beautiful." He was silent for a moment, then sighed. "I'm not originally from Canterlot, y'know."

Last edited by Subjectz on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 am

It is getting late perhaps it is time to retire... Ragnarok walks to the hole in the wall intent on jumping out and flying to her destination but she stops on the threshold. “It has just occurred to me that it is highly unlikely that anyone of you has a place to stay for tonight
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

Mosstone's eyebrow shot up about a quarter of an inch. "So? What difference does that make to me? If you went to med school there, you'd certainly know the place for all practical purposes."

After a minute, curiosity got the better of him. "Out of curiosity, where are you from originally?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

Healing Torch looked to the distance. "This old border town right on the border of changeling territories. Nothin' special, you probably couldn't find a mention in any books. It was the kinda town where everpony knew everypony, had more farms than stores, where the biggest building was the town hall. Well, assuming they ever rebuilt it. It's even smaller now then it was, because, well... it was nearly destroyed. That's why I moved to Canterlot with Mom."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Mosstone felt suddenly sympathetic for the other pony. Here was someone else who had felt the burning pains of tragedy. And, from what he'd seen and heard, still hadn't gotten over the associated scarring.

"...I'm sorry. I figured you had something against changelings, but that... I dunno."

He suddenly wondered if he should be saying something also. After a moment's contemplation, he decided to wait a while. He wasn't ready to bring that to light just yet...

Time for a subject change.

"So what do you do when you're not melting ice, chasing Windigo stuff, or patching ponies?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Healing Torch rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, changelings and I don't exactly get along. Anyway, uhh... reading is a big thing for me, and as an extension, research. There are so many things still to be known, and I wanna know them." He took a breath. "But you've listened to me pity myself long enough, what do you like to do?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next