The Rise of the Windigo King

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  SubjectZ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:09 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Mr.Mercenary Minotaur I do not believe that you shall be paid today... unless the six in the museum are still in there.
"Now now, we made a deal with... I don't believe we caught your name, sir minotaur. You'll get your bits, but there will be a renegotiation of the terms of your pay after we're finished with this fight."
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:21 pm

A bolt of emerald lightning shoots among all the guards, the two who'd lost their minds falling to the ground in a flash of light, smoke trails drifting from their bodies. A more powerful burst slams into the last remaining knight followed by a lash of green energy binding him in place. Bound, blinded and bleeding a black ichor from wounds all over his body that leaves him feeling weak and ill, he drops his sword from his teeth for a moment and turns his unseeing eyes to the sky, giving a shout of pure fury, madness and hatred filling his blackened eyes. ((Crusader is now bloodied and failed saving throw.))

combat stats:
Crusader: 3HP 4PiP Stunned, Bloodied, Blinded twice, & Weak.
((and now Dr. D and the Dark Horse are up to finish up the round and I'll be incredibly surprised if this guy survives.))
((No one's going to react to that change in air pressure? ooookay.))
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:14 am

"Well, the contract included protecting the innocents, not just you. Land Lobber does NOT leave a job unfinished. Methinks this is not complete just yet. We've an uprising to crunch." The minotaur doesn't seem overly concerned over the remaining soldier.
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Well, the contract included protecting the innocents, not just you. Land Lobber does NOT leave a job unfinished. Methinks this is not complete just yet. We've an uprising to crunch." The minotaur doesn't seem overly concerned over the remaining soldier.
"Good." I'm glad his job ethic exceeds his greed.
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 am

Moments earlier...

"Balls."

That was the last thing Dr. Death Ray recalled before everything went black - or red (take your pick). He'd lost consciousness, and in the moments that followed he'd dreamt, dreamt of his city back home, dreamt of his nemesis that resided there, and dreamt of the girl he'd never really had a chance with...

They were frolicking - Major Mane and Sweet Dreams, that is - through a field of roses - which was strange, since Dr. Death Ray didn't remember any fields of roses in the city (maybe they were new?) - and as the Doctor watched on - from 3rd person, omniscient perspective - they trotted up to a picturesque tree in a picturesque park and sat down to a picturesque picnic under a picturesque sun, sheltered from the picturesque rays by the picturesque shade...

Dr. D was helpless but to watch as his dream girl and his arch-nemesis just sat there in that sickeningly sweet scene, laughing, talking, intertwining their arms, feeding each other - What? What was that? Was that cake, or pie? Oh, for the love of - it was cake, wasn't it? And now they were sipping - OH, THE HORROR! - sipping cider from the SAME BUCKIN' GLASS...

-OMG! That's when Dr. Death Ray realized that this must be the bad placed! He'd died and gone to Tartarus! OH THE HORROR! THE HORROR! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT-

"Stop...?"

Suddenly, there came a blinding flash of green light - and the light was literally blinding. The Doctor couldn't see the horrible scene with his nemesis and dream girl anymore - which was a definite plus! - and soon all he could see was the light. It grew brighter and brighter - but not in an altogether unpleasant way. It definitely wasn't the Doctor's color, that was for sure, but it was warm and comforting at least - so that was something.

Dr. Death Ray felt a jolt, and then he gasped and opened his eyes - returning back to the land of the fully-conscious.

-But ohhhhh, was he sore.

He looked up, and there was GREGG hovering above in a tight circle, his red eye staring down at his master.

"Sir?!" GREGG zoomed to within an inch of the Doctor's face, "SIR?! You're awake!" If robots could bubble over with emotion, then that was what GREGG was doing right now - his eye flashing as his gold frame spun around like a top, making figure eights while bouncing in the air, as if trying to raise the arms he never had in a celebratory cheer.

"Anypony..." Dr. Death Ray muttered, raising a hoof to his head, "Anypony... catch the number of that... bus?"

He shook his head weakly and glanced around, blinking like an idiot, "Whaaa happened?" He was surrounded by a dome of green light... Why was he surrounded by a dome of green light?

GREGG stopped bouncing around for a moment and zoomed back to the Doctor's face. "You don't remember sir? You're masterfully plotted plan was foiled again and you got knocked out, only this time you weren't just black and blue, you were red and red, and I'd never seen a pony leak that much before sir, though I checked my data files and you still had a few pints of fluid left, but I was worried that those two knights that were looming over you wouldn't stop because my sensors indicated their minds were in a highly chaotic state of flux and their blood was full of adrenaline and -"

"Why... why is it so... so green all of a sudden?"

"The green energy equine with the Prench accent summoned a force field to protect you sir."

"Is that so-"

Before Dr. Death Ray could say anything more, he saw - and then felt - a white beam of energy rush through the green field and engulf his body.

The Doctor lay there for a moment.

Then he sat up.

-His pain was gone! Well, relatively anyway. He didn't feel like he was back up to 100%, but he still felt pretty darn good considering.

"And... GREGG... what was tha-"

"That would be the green Unicorn sir."

"Unh huh."

Dr. Death Ray just nodded, then stood up and surveyed his surroundings. The battle was still raging on, at least it seemed to be. The Dark Horse hadn't shut down yet either, so he must not have been out too long. Then he saw the knights and remembered the one that had made his best laid plans look like a newborn's dirty daiper. He was going to get his revenge - REVENGE!!!

"These knights will rue the day they messed with Dr-WOAH!" Death Ray staggered back as one of the knights smashed in the green field that'd been protecting him.

-No matter, there might be a lot of those knights out there - and Doctor D might have just lost his energy field - but he'd still show them what he was made of. He counted three still on their hooves. Perfect. Time for another strafe with the Gatling Guns. This time - those stupid grunts wouldn't block his entire attack. How one henchmen could even block an entire Gatling Gun strafe in the first place, Dr. D didn't know, but no buckin' henchmen would stop him now - he'd show everypony what he could do, right here and now. Dr. Death Ray slipped down his goggles and opened his mouth to order another strafe from masterpiece of machinery - and then a blast of green energy swept through the ranks of the knights, dropping two, leaving a third spasming on the ground in a green laso, bleeding some - blah... what even was that? - out of his mouth, ears, and... gah... eyes... Was that guy coming down with something... and was it contagious?

Dr. Death Ray frowned.

He stepped up to the knight, eyed him as he gasped out on the ground, nudged him once with a hoof - then looked up, flipped back his goggles, and scanned the vicinity, squinting his eyes, shading them with his other hoof.

There's got to be more... Are you kidding me? That's it? Nope... Nope... That's it...

Dr. Death Ray turned back to the knight that was spasming on the cobbles like a dying fish.

His shoulders slumped.

He sighed.

He slipped down his goggles again, raising a hoof halfheartedly.

The Dark Horse stomped up beside him, leveling it's twin Gatling Guns down at the ONE. SICKLY. HENCHMAN.

Dr. Death Ray stared at the knight for a long moment as he continued to wheeze and sputter, coughing up black... whatever...

"Now..." Dr. D muttered, "Now...face the wrath of..."

-The knight let out a burst of hacking coughs.

"Face the wrath of..."

-Another burst of coughing.

Dr. D smacked his hoof to his face.

"Awwwww, forget it..."

He walked past the Dark Horse - his pride and joy, state-of-the-art, masterwork machine with all the bells and whistles and laser beams and chain guns and reinforced armor plating (not to mention the shock collars - he'd had those custom fitted) - Yes, he walked past that giant metal over-glorified lawn ornament, and kicked the knight in the head, knocking him unconscious.

The Doctor raised a half-hearted hoof in the air.

"Wooh... Me..."

Spoiler:
I had the Dark Horse activate and he rolled a six on the attack, but I thought this would be more fitting.

Dr. D feels very, very useless right now... He dealt a massive 7-ish points of damage this entire fight...

Not to mention, he wasted all that effort summoning his greatest creation, just to have it stand around and look pretty...

I wanted to emphasize just how horrible he feels right now.

If anyone asks, Dr. D'll be in the corner (;
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 am

Thinking the danger to be over for the moment, Halynn turns to the oddly-dressed pony. What was that, a red lab coat? Comment particulière.

Then again, she was wearing a full bodysuit, so who was she to comment?

"Are you okay, mon ami? I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, it had your... um, robot? It had him quite upset, tout à fait désemparé."

Yes, she has completely forgotten the mayor right now. XD

Prench Translation:
How peculiar.

...my friend?

...quite distraught.
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 am

The knight keels over as he's kicked, unconscious. His blood slowly turning back to a normal red.

At this point, its less air pressure and more actively wind. As if something large were directly above you churning the air. And were there always this many guards running around?

It is only now that you notice the platoons of guards coming in from the fortress trying to regain order. Some are mopping up the remains of the knights elsewhere, others are checking the wounded or dead. Some are corralling up unconscious knights. And some are beginning to surround you cautiously. A voice from above suddenly speaks up.

"It seems like this little skirmish has been cleaned up nicely. But we have a little problem, see you're all fighters. Pretty good fighters too, but I don't recognize you from around town and you certainly aren't one of my guards. So I'm gonna need you to call off the war-mech and put your hooves, claws, or hands up where I can see them while you explain just who you all are and what the buck is going on. Hopefully we can get this all wrapped up nice and smoothly."

Looking up for the source of the voice you notice an entire squad of pegasus guards flying above you, watching you warily and ready to draw swords at any moment if they need to. Among them is a bat-pony pegasus in higher quality, and more decorative, armor than the rest sizing you all up.
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:26 am

Dr Blight wrote:The knight keels over as he's kicked, unconscious. His blood slowly turning back to a normal red.

At this point, its less air pressure and more actively wind. As if something large were directly above you churning the air. And were there always this many guards running around?

It is only now that you notice the platoons of guards coming in from the fortress trying to regain order. Some are mopping up the remains of the knights elsewhere, others are checking the wounded or dead. Some are corralling up unconscious knights. And some are beginning to surround you cautiously. A voice from above suddenly speaks up.

"It seems like this little skirmish has been cleaned up nicely. But we have a little problem, see you're all fighters. Pretty good fighters too, but I don't recognize you from around town and you certainly aren't one of my guards. So I'm gonna need you to call off the war-mech and put your hooves, claws, or hands up where I can see them while you explain just who you all are and what the buck is going on. Hopefully we can get this all wrapped up nice and smoothly."

Looking up for the source of the voice you notice an entire squad of pegasus guards flying above you, watching you warily and ready to draw swords at any moment if they need to. Among them is a bat-pony pegasus in higher quality, and more decorative, armor than the rest sizing you all up.

"Certainly, officer," Halynn says, carefully not using any Prench as she raises her hooves into the air.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:19 am

When Halynn had tried talking to Dr. Death Ray he hadn't even heard her, his shoulders slumped, his head down, muttering something about, "Took me months just to get the coolant systems right... and those bullets aren't cheap either..."

The royal air force had even flown in without him noticing, not until GREGG knocked against him lightly. "Doctor? We have company sir."

Dr. Death Ray looked up morosely at the sky of guards and shook his head slowly.

"It just keeps getting better and better..."

And as if on cue - the Dark Horse ran out of power and shut down completely, it's eyes fading to black as it slumped to the ground.

Dr. D looked over at it for a long moment...

He turned to the guards, raised his hooves in the air, and yelled, "MY NAME IS MUD!"

While Dr. Death Ray contemplated what to do - there was always the Temporal Displacement Matrix - GREGG's voice came into his head. Doctor, that green energy equine was just talking to you sir, you really should give a response. My internal data files say it would be the 'polite' thing to do sir. After all, she did save your life...

...Yeah. Dr. D rolled his eyes. I really owe her for that one... let me tell ya...

Plus, my internal scanners are registering an 8.5 on the mare cuteness scale that you had the foresight to install in me sir... uh... that was before the Sweet Dreams incident - but apparently, this new equine is 'quite the looker.'

Dr. D shook his head and sighed. It's just... It's just too soon to start thinking about other mares now... I mean, I'm still wallowing in self-pity... Swimming in a sea of self-doubt... I'll need at least another few years to get past that... Dr. Death Ray looked up... Give or take the months I'll spend in the blackest depths of depression that I now find myself falling in-tooooo-ooooooooooh-oooooooooooooooooooh... He set his eyes on Halynn and stopped mid thought.

He paused for a moment.

GREGG, my mechanical friend, the Doctor thought, you might be on to something...

Then Dr. D remembered the whole battle fiasco again and his shoulders slumped even more heavily.

-Oh, but she must think I'm such a loser...

No Doctor, are you kidding sir? That... That kick you delivered to the sickly one... that was really something sir. It took my breath-

Not helping...

Sorry Doctor... But why don't you just try and say something to her? It can't hurt, right sir?

Dr. Death Ray sighed, "Why not... Things can't really get much worse, can they?"

Still with his hooves raised, the Doctor nodded towards Halynn, "Huh... huh... Hi." He grinned. "Uh... Yeah... Yeah. I'm fine... Could be better... Considering... But fine."

"You?"
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:41 am

The minotaur laughed. Not because the situation was funny, but because sometimes, folks just had to laugh. Especially in the face of danger. Giggle at the gorgon and all that. He held out his arms wide, and dropped his pickaxe to the ground, keeping both muscular arms well in view of the squad. He briefly turns to the Doctor. "Hey Red: now's not Hearts 'n Hooves, unless I've been adrift a lot longer than expected. Military first, flirt later."

He looks up to the sky, and his strong voice, accustomed to carrying across windy waters, raised up in volume to reach them clearly. "I would like one of yer unicorns to cast a truth spell on meh, because you ain't gunna believe me otherwise. Save a bunch of time on both our parts. That spell's a thing, righ'? Truthy mind control? I keep hearin' it but I kinda don't believe it really, but if it really exists, that'd be great."

Some might wonder the cooperation from Land Lobber. Well, piracy was a dangerous job, but one thing was always important: It was fun and games until the military arrived. Be nice to 'em and they'll just lock you away. Be mean and they'll kill yah. They flew; no real point in resisting arrest, he just picked the most logical path to future freedom.
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 am

Ragnarok calmly sits and puts her claws behind her head. "Mr. Officer would you kindly tell me the status of the large white furred minotaur and the preteen green dragon? Also you may want to get on the ground yourselves it does appear that a storm is approching."

Edit
Persuasion roll (if needed):
Roll(1d20)+6:
19,+6
Total:25

tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:51 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:The minotaur laughed. Not because the situation was funny, but because sometimes, folks just had to laugh. Especially in the face of danger. Giggle at the gorgon and all that. He held out his arms wide, and dropped his pickaxe to the ground, keeping both muscular arms well in view of the squad. He briefly turns to the Doctor. "Hey Red: now's not Hearts 'n Hooves, unless I've been adrift a lot longer than expected. Military first, flirt later."

"Flirt?" Dr. Death Ray went stiff, glancing between the Minotaur he hadn't noticed before and the green energy girl he'd only just really taken the time to notice recently (she was pretty cute from what Dr. D could tell. The jumpsuit hid a lot, but it also added to her mystique).

The Doctor laughed nervously. "Heh... heh... heh..., I... " he said, grinning, speaking both very slowly and carefully, "I don't know what you're talking about... big, scary, Minotaur... guy... I, just... uh... I just was trying to be... sociable... yeah... Ya don't... Ya don't go through... life or death situations with somepony... and not say hi, at least... right?"

The Doctor glanced around at the rest of the party and waved one of his previously raised hooves, "Hi guys."

Dr. Death Ray glanced up at his robotic companion, "Say hi to everypony GREGG..."

"Hi everypony!" GREGG said cheerfully. "Thanks for saving the Doctor!"

"Yes..." Dr. D nodded, his mind going back to the one grunt who foiled all his plans of truly masterful villainy. If it hadn't of been for that grunt... he wouldn't have needed saving... "Thanks..." he muttered, "Thanks for the... assistance..."

((Yes, just in case you guys haven't figured it out yet, if I'm going to play a Dr. Horrible-type, I am going to at least RP romantic interests. The Doctor might not be all that effective at winning over a mare's heart, but I just like the poetic irony of having a super villain having a crush on a super hero. Songs will be sung!))
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Still with his hooves raised, the Doctor nodded towards Halynn, "Huh... huh... Hi." He grinned. "Uh... Yeah... Yeah. I'm fine... Could be better... Considering... But fine."

"You?"

RavenscroftRaven wrote:He briefly turns to the Doctor. "Hey Red: now's not Hearts 'n Hooves, unless I've been adrift a lot longer than expected. Military first, flirt later."

Halynn rolled her eyes under her mask where nopony could see. Honestly, what business was it of the minotaur's? And she had to admit, the attention was flattering, juste un peu.

"The circumstances... could be better, comme vous le dites, but they could also be worse, non? I'm simply glad you didn't die, à vrai dire," Halynn replies. As an afterthought, she adds, "I'm glad I did not die as well, but that goes without saying, n'est-ce pas?"

XandZero2 wrote:The Doctor laughed nervously. "Heh... heh... heh..., I... " he said, grinning, speaking both very slowly and carefully, "I don't know what you're talking about... big, scary, Minotaur... guy... I, just... uh... I just was trying to be... sociable... yeah... Ya don't... Ya don't go through... life or death situations with somepony... and not say hi, at least... right?"

The Doctor glanced around at the rest of the party and waved one of his previously raised hooves, "Hi guys."

Dr. Death Ray glanced up at his robotic companion, "Say hi to everypony GREGG..."

"Yes..." Dr. D nodded, his mind going back to the one grunt who foiled all his plans of truly masterful villainy. If it hadn't of been for that grunt... he wouldn't have needed saving... "Thanks..." he muttered, "Thanks for the... assistance..."

"Bonjour, and you are quite welcome," Halynn says, nodding to both doctor and robot. "Je dois dire, your robots are quite impressively built, Dr..."

Prench Translation:
...just a bit.

...as you said...

...no?

...truth be told.

...does it not?

Hello,

I must say...
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Healing Torch watched as the injured unicorn got up, monolouged for a bit, then... walked over and kicked the sickly knight in the face. Dang, talk about insult to injury. Wait a second, what's with the wind? and... guards? He looked up at the voice, and noticed all of the guards
Dr Blight wrote:"It seems like this little skirmish has been cleaned up nicely. But we have a little problem, see you're all fighters. Pretty good fighters too, but I don't recognize you from around town and you certainly aren't one of my guards. So I'm gonna need you to call off the war-mech and put your hooves, claws, or hands up where I can see them while you explain just who you all are and what the buck is going on. Hopefully we can get this all wrapped up nice and smoothly."
Torch jerked his hoofs up, then stared up angrily at the pegasi guards and the bat-pony and exclaimed "Where the buck were you guys when we were wiping up these soldiers? We coulda used some HELP, you know?" Screw etiquette. That went out the window when soldiers started cutting down civilians in the streets. I'll comply with them, but I want some answers. Oh god, are those two... flirting? Well, it's more like the zebra is either oblivious or ignoring him, and the Unicorn is... I don't know what the Unicorn's doing.
RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Hey Red: now's not Hearts 'n Hooves, unless I've been adrift a lot longer than expected. Military first, flirt later."
Torch laughed at that, especially at the Unicorn's flustered attempt to pass it off as being sociable.
tygerburningbright wrote:"Mr. Officer would you kindly tell me the status of the large white furred minotaur and the preteen green dragon? Also you may want to get on the ground yourselves it does appear that a storm is approching."
That must have been the others on the float with the hippogriff.
XandZero2 wrote:The Doctor glanced around at the rest of the party and waved one of his previously raised hooves, "Hi guys."

"Hello to you both. And don't worry about it, you would've done the same for us, right?" He then turned to GREGG "Dang, this is so cool! How did you build it? How long does it's battery last? How fast can it... hover? Does it have an age? Ooh, does it have a birthday?"
Healing Torch couldn't help himself, this thing was a marvel of technology and he just HAD to know more about it.

Last edited by Subjectz on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:18 pm

"Gre- I appear to have forgoten to ask your name but it would be best for you to not antagonize the squad of guards. And I a bid you a good day Doctor Ray
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:24 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"Gre- I appear to have forgoten to ask your name but it would be best for you to not antagonize the squad of guards. And I a bid you a good day Doctor Ray
"Call me Healing Torch. And EXCUSE me if I'm upset these guys flew here at the speed of foals learning how to use their wings and left US to do their work for them."
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Subjectz wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:"Gre- I appear to have forgoten to ask your name but it would be best for you to not antagonize the squad of guards. And I a bid you a good day Doctor Ray
"Call me Healing Torch. And EXCUSE me if I'm upset these guys flew here at the speed of foals learning how to use their wings and left US to do their work for them."

"While I agree with you, mon ami, that is a lot of pointy objects pointing in our direction and it would perhaps be advisable not to make them come any closer to us, si vous ne me dérangerait pas?" Halynn says urgently.

Prench Translation:
...my friend...
...if you wouldn't mind?
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:35 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Subjectz wrote:

"While I agree with you, mon ami, that is a lot of pointy objects pointing in our direction and it would perhaps be advisable not to make them come any closer to us, si vous ne me dérangerait pas?" Halynn says urgently.

Prench Translation:
...my friend...
...if you wouldn't mind?
"Urgh, fine. By the way, I never caught your name, miss...?"
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:00 pm

The bat-pony guard looks between them all as they raise their hooves and nods to the guards on the ground, one levitating the axe and several the dark horse away from them. He sighed a little as Torch yelled, shaking his head holding out a hoof to keep the guards behind him from drawing their swords. "And you were doing so well..." He looked up and gave Torch a fierce glare.

"You want to know where we were? Look around! You see all those guards on the ground? The ones fighting right now? How about the ones who fought and lost? The ones who died? Or the ones putting ponies, neighbors or family members, into stretchers and body bags? THAT is where we were! You'll pardon me if I didn't want to risk any more of my guards for five dangerous unknowns who could be part of the same enemy force having a squabble and might stab them in the back! Now I offered to have this discussion all nice and civil, and that offer still stands. But if you WANT to make this into an argument, I'd be more than happy to move this to the interrogation room! And trust me, I don't think anyone's in the mood to play 'good cop' tonight.

He snorted as he broke his glare and turned to look at Ragnarok. "Seen 'em? Oh yeah, I've seen 'em. That minotaur managed to dish out more property damage than should be possible. Seeing if we can't put that to use and having him help batter down the doors to the museum. As for the dragon, we're currently in the process of debriefing her and other witnesses in the area. The storms our doing though, a little rain to put out some fires they started."

The bat pony laughed a little looking at Dr. D. "Mud was it? Your parents must not have liked you... It's funny though, you look a lot like this guy on the 'net who runs a blog my sister follows. Funny, I recall him mentioning a giant robot and a vacation here in his last update." With a shift of his wings he glided down past them and landed, the pegasus guards landing in ranks after him.

"Now then, truth spell was it? Careful what you ask for, that's old code for torture. Would a lie-detection spell be good enough for you though?" He motioned with a wing and a unicorn guard stepped up to Lobber, accompanied by three pegasi with their swords drawn. "You'll pardon the precautions I hope. You ARE wearing their capes after all." The unicorns horn began to glow as he looked Lobber in the eye. Unicorns in similar groups stepped out of the wall of guards to each of them, horns similarly glowing. "Before we start your story though, there's two questions I'd really like you all to answer. 'Who are you?' And 'why are you here?'"
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Dr Blight wrote:

"You want to know where we were? Look around! You see all those guards on the ground? The ones fighting right now? How about the ones who fought and lost? The ones who died? Or the ones putting ponies, neighbors or family members, into stretchers and body bags? THAT is where we were! You'll pardon me if I didn't want to risk any more of my guards for five dangerous unknowns who could be part of the same enemy force having a squabble and might stab them in the back! Now I offered to have this discussion all nice and civil, and that offer still stands. But if you WANT to make this into an argument, I'd be more than happy to move this to the interrogation room! And trust me, I don't think anyone's in the mood to play 'good cop' tonight.

The bat pony laughed a little looking at Dr. D. "Mud was it? Your parents must not have liked you... It's funny though, you look a lot like this guy on the 'net who runs a blog my sister follows. Funny, I recall him mentioning a giant robot and a vacation here in his last update." With a shift of his wings he glided down past them and landed, the pegasus guards landing in ranks after him.

"Before we start your story though, there's two questions I'd really like you all to answer. 'Who are you?' And 'why are you here?'"

Halynn looked down glumly. She had forgotten that there were actually some guards helping them out... how could she have forgotten?

Nonetheless, she did note the mention of "Mud" (she really doubted that was actually his name) and his blog. She had never been one for the ponynet, but perhaps she'd have to see if she could find him. He intrigued her.

And then the all-important question.

"I am the Green Lantern, protector of the innocent," Halynn replies. "I came here on vacation; de renouveler mon esprit, if you will." She chuckles bitterly. "So much for that. Je ne peux pas attraper une pause, je peux?"

Prench Translation:
...to renew my spirit...

I just can't catch a break, can I?
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm

"Professor Ragnarok part of the team investigating the ruins on this island. It is rather unlikely that I have been aiding wendigo cultists."
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"You want to know where we were? Look around! You see all those guards on the ground? The ones fighting right now? How about the ones who fought and lost? The ones who died? Or the ones putting ponies, neighbors or family members, into stretchers and body bags? THAT is where we were! You'll pardon me if I didn't want to risk any more of my guards for five dangerous unknowns who could be part of the same enemy force having a squabble and might stab them in the back! Now I offered to have this discussion all nice and civil, and that offer still stands. But if you WANT to make this into an argument, I'd be more than happy to move this to the interrogation room! And trust me, I don't think anyone's in the mood to play 'good cop' tonight.

"Before we start your story though, there's two questions I'd really like you all to answer. 'Who are you?' And 'why are you here?'"
Healing Torch looked down, ashamed he had gotten so worked up. "Look, I'm sorry. Just a little on edge after getting the tar beaten out of me. As to your questions, my name is Healing Torch, Unicorn doctor, at you service. As to why I'm here..." There's no way I can tell them why I'm actually here. Time to make up something! " I'm, uh, just here as a tourist... on vacation! And I noticed the fighting, and decided I had to step in."
Lying check:
If anyone wants to roll Perception to see if he's lying, now would be the time. I rolled:
Persuasion: 11 + 6 = 17
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:34 pm

As Halynn and Ragnarok spoke, the glow around the unicorns horns didn't change, staying a calm steady white glow. "I may not understand everything the mare in the suit said, but whatever it was, she wasn't lying sir!" "The professor's story checks out sir." The bat pony nodded slightly in turn. He looked over towards the unicorn by Torch as he spoke. The spell stayed calm as he introduced himself, but suddenly began to spike, flashing red when he gave his reason for being here. "Um...sir?" The bat-pony turned golden eyes to Torch again. "I just said we're using a lie-detection spell...and you try to lie to me. About why you're in my town no less! It's like you're begging me to have you thrown in a cell! You wanna try that again Mister Torch, or do I have to seriously start considering being the captain to break 'truth spells' out of 300 years of retirement on this island?"

((if you want to try to cheat the lie-detection spell, you can with a persuasion check. But I'll roll perception against it and the spell can get a pretty heavy bonus depending on how you RP trying to beat it.))
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:43 pm

So they didn't have truth spells. Kind of disappointing, really. Lie spells were so easy to circumvent. "I be Land Lobber, I be a minotaur, good bat... thing. Pegasus? Batpony? Nightwing? Either way! I washed up on shore here after a shipwreck, naked from all but a meager amount of coins and my daily wear! I see a fire in the distance, and go for civilization! Parades, always fun, no Prench Toast though, gotta fix that. Then these madponies assault me, and they just don't listen to reason, so I taught 'em an important life lesson in rational think'n. Leas' they could do after such a gen'rous lesson was provide me with cloth for a pack, eh?"

He barks one sharp laugh, hefting the impromptu bag for them to see. He doesn't hide the fact its well stained with blood. They'd draw their own conclusions. He points loosely to the Green Lantern's direction. "Then this here fine little mare then paid me to protect 'er, so that's that, life to present. I be mercenary, but I don't mean ya harm at this junk-cha."

He swats at Torch. "Hey, just don't lie fer fun, you stupid foal, these folks are doin' a job. They're lookin' fer crazies, just say this for 'em: "I'm not part of a cult nor the attack on this city. My reasons are my own fer bein' here but I don't intend teh hurt nopony." And y'all can go on yer way."
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 pm

The bat pony watched as the unicorn's spell remained calm and turned to look at Lobber. "Funny you should mention that. We found two corpses not far from here with holes through their skulls. Would've thought they were civilians if we hadn't noticed the belts still on them. Lucky that we did too, things would quickly be a lot less nice if I was under the impression you'd just admitted to killing two ponies under my watch. But 'self-defense' does apply I suppose."

He was silent as Lobber spoke to Torch for a moment. "I notice you don't include 'or steal anything' in that purposely specific statement though Mister Lobber, do add that in to your statement as well Mister Torch and you'll cover everything I care about. Preventing that is a part of my job too after all. And I prefer to be called Captain Silver Sword, or just Captain for short."
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top