Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Shadows are Scary

4 posters

Go down

My Little Pony: Shadows are Scary Empty My Little Pony: Shadows are Scary

Post  LoganAura Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 pm

For those of you who don't know, I am a massive fan of the Persona Series, even doing a game of Pony Tales related to it.
Now this topic is going to be about Shadows.
A shadow is a portion of the person that the person doesn't like to admit they have, often twisted into a way much different than the original shadow is.
For example, I've made a shadow myself, and it represents the fact I am pulled in multiple directions by people and don't want to disappoint them, but twisted into being selfish and tired of that, torn in so many directions he doesn't give a damn who he hurts anymore.
It's hard to explain in words, but it's interesting to try and find some deep part of either yourself or a character to try and develop the Shadow for.

Now for this topic: I want to see if we can create Shadows for different characters in the MLP universe. Anyone from Derpy to Celestia to the Mane 6 to Spike is fair game. Bonus points if you've played it before and can do a confrontation between a Shadow and the Pony.

Edit: I'm going to add my own Shadow ideas when I get time.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Shadows are Scary Empty Re: My Little Pony: Shadows are Scary

Post  Jason Shadow Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 am

An interesting theory:

Celestia's obviously very commited to nurturing and protecting her "little ponies", but some part of her grows weary of her obligation to act responsibly. Celestia's Shadow wants to use its power & influence to simply have fun while ruling, no matter the consequences.

And this Shadow of Celestia's? Is actually Discord.

Plus, it seems like many of the Mane Six practically have their own Shadows already. Psycho-OCD Twilight, Flutterrage/Flutterb[REDACTED], Pinkamena... The list goes on.
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 am

Rainbow Dash is Rainbow Dash's shadow. jocolor
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:23 am

Oof. Nice Idea for Celestia, Jason Smile

And it would make sense, but that's no fun. I'm currently thinking up Shadow Pinkie that ISN'T Pinkamina exactly right now.
And How would she be her own shadow Ramsus?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Well she often displays her egotism right there for everyone to see for one.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Well, yes. But shadows are a part of themselves that the person doesn't show. Like rainbow's fears of failing under pressure or something similar.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:55 am

Running out of ideas for your campaign already? tongue

M = Mare
S = Shadow
The blue mare looks up, and brushes her icy-toned mane from her eyes. Before her stood an exact copy of herself, except with glowing golden eyes. The mare gulps as the imposter looks out into the desolate dead forest that surrounds them, crying loudly. The sound causes the imposter to spin in place, bringing her luminous gaze upon the confused mare.

S: *sniffle*, no one likes me. I tried my best, I'm always trying, but not a soul will ever love me!
M: Stop crying, beautiful. What's wrong? What happened?

S (suddenly angry): LIFE happened. Life happens. Every single day. they smile and clap and cheer, but inside those eyes, there's not even pity spared for me! Every soul in Equestria hates me!
M: That's statistically impossible. SOMEpony must at least care about you.
S: Only enough to hope I die. I'm worthless. Since I'm already selling myself out, think anypony will care if its for two bits on a street corner?
M: Shut up your pity party! Who-- WHAT are you?

S: I am you.
M: You are not I. I am the Great and Powerful TRIXIE! Everypony loves my shows, the crowd loves Trixie!
S: "Trixie" thinks I, Trixie, am not her? Don't you feel Trixie's sadness, that crippling pain that you can tell, deep down, that if anypony had a chance, they'd leave us in a gutter?
M: Quiet! You are not Trixie! I am Trixie! If you are so intent upon the world being against you, Trixie hopes you go die in a hole and leave her alone!
S: So I should just be killed? Even you want you to die... Perhaps Trixie can finally get her wish...

(Start combat)

(The Shadows "We/I/You" issues combined with Trixie's tendency to speak in the third person makes this a pain to narrate)
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down