The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:31 pm

"Well." Miracle looks the pod over. "It's a thing. Anyone care to go out there and check it out? Spike? Decaf?"
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Well." Miracle looks the pod over. "It's a thing. Anyone care to go out there and check it out? Spike? Decaf?"

"I'm on it! I'll shout if I need help!"

Golden Spike opens the door and quickly jumps out into the heat of the desert and spreads his wings. He flies up and hovers about ten feet above the caravan to get a good aerial view. Genuinely curious about the 'thing.'

(OOC: Perception Check: 7+5 = 12)
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:41 am

SilentBelle wrote:
GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Well." Miracle looks the pod over. "It's a thing. Anyone care to go out there and check it out? Spike? Decaf?"

"I'm on it! I'll shout if I need help!"

Golden Spike opens the door and quickly jumps out into the heat of the desert and spreads his wings. He flies up and hovers about ten feet above the caravan to get a good aerial view. Genuinely curious about the 'thing.'

(OOC: Perception Check: 7+5 = 12)

You don't make out any further detail, especially at the distance you're flying.*

Spoiler:
*Who do you think you are? Cloud Brush? Very Happy

----

Cardbo wrote:
kajisora wrote:Well that was a bust.
Dissapointed, but not all that suprised at the lack of, well, anything happening, Cloud trots after Blue Skies, hoping the "pegasus" was right in trusting the mysterious voice....

Your group, including Just Desserts, Tea Time, Monkey Tail and Cueball move down the hallway. The whole corridor is made of a sort of metallic grey, and as you pass through the hallway, your path lights up ahead of you.

"This way please."

You round a corner and in a doorway stands a unicorn that looks like the below picture.

"Finally. You sure do take your sweet time. What if somepony had seen you? I'd have a really hard time explaining you away."

Mysterious Unicorn X:

OOC:Just realized how ugly that font color is. Changed it to teal.

Last edited by Cardbo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 am

Cardbo wrote:You round a corner and in a doorway stands a unicorn that looks like the below picture.

"Finally. You sure do take your sweet time. What if somepony had seen you? I'd have a really hard time explaining you away."
"Eh," replied Khaarazite, as he turned his head around to quickly do a headcount, "there's only seven of us, it wouldn't have been too hard."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 am

Miracle leans out the door and inspects her target intently - while ready to flee at the slightest provocation.

[Perception: 12+8=20]
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 am

"Well, it's certainly a thing." he says, unsure about what to call the 'thing' below him.

He flies closer to the 'thing', until he's only a few feet away, trying to figure out what it is.

(OOC: If you want another perception check, *rolls*
7+5= 12 Huh, fancy that, another 7.)
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:21 pm

SilentBelle wrote:"Well, it's certainly a thing." he says, unsure about what to call the 'thing' below him.

He flies closer to the 'thing', until he's only a few feet away, trying to figure out what it is.

It doesn't seem harmful. Its covered by a layer of sand making it hard to make out what it is actually.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 pm

"کیا اس شخصیت کے بارے میں بات کر رہا ہے؟ وہ یہاں کیوں ہے؟", STL said in its grating synthetic voice to Khazaarite.
Bot-log:
What is this personage speaking about? Why is he here?
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Appkes wrote:"کیا اس شخصیت کے بارے میں بات کر رہا ہے؟ وہ یہاں کیوں ہے؟", STL said in its grating synthetic voice to Khazaarite.
Bot-log:
The changeling initially answers with a shrug, before realising he could just ask the unicorn. "So, erm, what's happening here?"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Cardbo wrote:
SilentBelle wrote:"Well, it's certainly a thing." he says, unsure about what to call the 'thing' below him.

It doesn't seem harmful. Its covered by a layer of sand making it hard to make out what it is actually.

His curiosity now fully piqued, Golden Spike flies right up to it an brushes a bit of the sand away with a fore-hoof. Well, I've never rightly seen anything like this, I wonder what it could be.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

His curiosity now fully piqued, Golden Spike flies right up to it an brushes a bit of the sand away with a fore-hoof. Well, I've never rightly seen anything like this, I wonder what it could be.

What you see before you is a purple orb. It has 8 orange stars on it and it glows very faintly.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Miracle decides the obvious:

"IT'S A BOMB." She leaps, physically, into the air, then hops out and begins to run away, across the sand. Then turns.

"Okay, wait, no, a bomb of that size would detonate before I could escape. Okay, only hope: dismantling." She rushes into the caravan, emerging with a pencil, and comes out to gingerly poke one of the stars on the ball with the tip of said pencil. Hopefully, this would open it, and she could immediately cut the red wire because it's always the red wire.
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:Miracle decides the obvious:

"IT'S A BOMB." She leaps, physically, into the air, then hops out and begins to run away, across the sand. Then turns.

"Okay, wait, no, a bomb of that size would detonate before I could escape. Okay, only hope: dismantling." She rushes into the caravan, emerging with a pencil, and comes out to gingerly poke one of the stars on the ball with the tip of said pencil. Hopefully, this would open it, and she could immediately cut the red wire because it's always the red wire.

"What are you doing? I'm pretty sure it's not a bomb... Still, if you're going to be cutting any wires, let me do it, I'm pretty good with electrical devices," he offers, coaxing an idle bit of electricity to spark along one of his hooves for emphasis. (Thunderborn racial)

(OOC: Will roll a mechanics check to assist Miracle in her random probing of the purple and orange orb 'thing'.
1d20 + 17: 13 + 17 = 30 )
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 am

SilentBelle wrote:
GentlemanOtherwise wrote:Miracle decides the obvious:

"What are you doing? I'm pretty sure it's not a bomb... Still, if you're going to be cutting any wires, let me do it, I'm pretty good with electrical devices," he offers, coaxing an idle bit of electricity to spark along one of his hooves for emphasis. (Thunderborn racial)

(OOC: Will roll a mechanics check to assist Miracle in her random probing of the purple and orange orb 'thing'.
1d20 + 17: 13 + 17 = 30 )

OOC:You guys are awesome. Very Happy

You manage to 'grip' the sphere tightly between your two front hooves while Miracle pokes and prods with her pencil. Unfortunately(or fortunately) her proding doesn't do anything, except break off the lead tip of her pencil.

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:31 am

The bomb appeared, for all intents and purposes, to be completely inert, and also not a bomb.

This could only mean one thing: the bomb's creator was far more devious than Miracle could ever have imagined.

"Okay, the pencil's broken and I don't think it's going to explode on touch." Miracle peruses the device. "Maybe we can crack it open with something heavy? Or poke one of the stars with my hoof."

She does the latter - poking a star, then poking the purple bit - and steps back sharply, while silently wondering how much weight Decaf could drop on the device.

[Perception: 6+8=14]
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:49 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:The bomb appeared, for all intents and purposes, to be completely inert, and also not a bomb.

This could only mean one thing: the bomb's creator was far more devious than Miracle could ever have imagined.

"Okay, the pencil's broken and I don't think it's going to explode on touch." Miracle peruses the device. "Maybe we can crack it open with something heavy? Or poke one of the stars with my hoof."

She does the latter - poking a star, then poking the purple bit - and steps back sharply, while silently wondering how much weight Decaf could drop on the device.

[Perception: 6+8=14]

OOC:I'll leave this to Grey Pen as to how much Xeca weighs.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 am

"Oh I have an idea. How's this?" Acting on a spur-of-the-moment Golden Spike flies up then smashes into it in a diving charge.

(OOC: CHARGE! Athletics roll:
1d20 + 11: 18 + 11 = 29)

"Hyaa!" he shouts as he smashes his fore-hooves into the 'thing'.

(We are figuring this out, one failed attempt at a time Smile )
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 am

SilentBelle wrote:"Oh I have an idea. How's this?" Acting on a spur-of-the-moment Golden Spike flies up then smashes into it in a diving charge.

(OOC: CHARGE! Athletics roll:
1d20 + 11: 18 + 11 = 29)

"Hyaa!" he shouts as he smashes his fore-hooves into the 'thing'.

(We are figuring this out, one failed attempt at a time Smile )

The orb cracks in two. Inside, what seems like a light mist, vanishes into the air, leaving two split hemispheres.

You hear an unsetllingly eerie laugh from somewhere.

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:12 am

Miracle ponders the occurrence, decides a plan of action and reacts accordingly:

"HOLY GEEZ, WE JUST RELEASED A SEALED EVIL." She runs off from the split shell and hops into the caravan, pausing only to yell "SPIKE WE SHOULD PROBABLY LEAVE."
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 pm

"Woah, that's creepy." His eyes dart around, making sure that nopony else was around to see that.

"Yeah, let's just pretend we never did anything and continue on..." he says nervously.

(OOC: It's a spirit bomb!)
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Miracle rushes into the caravan. A few moments later, there's a faint *thunk*, and the caravan begins moving forward at a leisurely pace again. Miracle leans out the door and gestures to Spike, signalling him aboard.
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Appkes wrote:"کیا اس شخصیت کے بارے میں بات کر رہا ہے؟ وہ یہاں کیوں ہے؟", STL said in its grating synthetic voice to Khazaarite.
Bot-log:
The changeling initially answers with a shrug, before realising he could just ask the unicorn. "So, erm, what's happening here?"

"Sorry, for the earlier tone, but I've been captive of the diamond dogs and their leader for awhile now, and it been getting to me. I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Boomer Capsule, and the current predicament is sort of my fault."

Last edited by Cardbo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Sorry, for the earlier tone, but I've been captive of the diamond dogs and the leader for awhile now, and it been getting to me. I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Boomer Capsule, and the current predicament is sort of my fault."
"Well, we've got Just Desserst," replies Khaarazite, pointing to each group member as he lists them, "Tea Time, Monkey Tail, Cueball," but when his hoof pointed at the two ponies he was unfamiliar with, he asks them "Erm, what's your name? نام؟"

Translation:
Name?

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:Miracle rushes into the caravan. A few moments later, there's a faint *thunk*, and the caravan begins moving forward at a leisurely pace again. Miracle leans out the door and gestures to Spike, signalling him aboard.

Spike swoops in quickly and shuts the door behind him firmly. "You don't suppose that belonged to somepony, do you?" he asks a little nervously.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 am

SilentBelle wrote:
GentlemanOtherwise wrote:Miracle rushes into the caravan. A few moments later, there's a faint *thunk*, and the caravan begins moving forward at a leisurely pace again. Miracle leans out the door and gestures to Spike, signalling him aboard.

Spike swoops in quickly and shuts the door behind him firmly. "You don't suppose that belonged to somepony, do you?" he asks a little nervously.

"Look, if it belongs to anypony, it's somepony who does miscellaneous unkind things to animals in the basement and owns more than six corpses of non-family members. It cackled evilly when we cracked it. That's not good news." Miracle urges the cart into a slightly less leisurely pace. "I mean, COME ON! If I had looked inside and put the contents in the engine we probably would have transformed the caravan into a gigantic zombie-cart fusion or something!"

She pauses.

"You wanna go back there and try that?"
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next