Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 2)

+3
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 2)

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am

For pete's sake, Ramsus... Your stacked up infinite reactions/interrupts are FAR too cumbersome to work with in a PbP...

- first blood mite attacked cultist, not downed
- 2nd blood mite attacked cultist&mob, brought below zero hp, special thing happens after turn. No blood mite summon from this.
- 3rd mite attacks bob, not downed.
- 3rd mite goes again somehow -> ignored
- Wraith forces an attack by Bob, Bob hits for 3, kills it, BoB takes 7 damage (2d10= 2 + 5 = 7 damage), is downed. Can summon from this.
- Al attacked by summoned mite, Al goes down, summons another mite in its place. You choose who is healed by it.

Skitter's turn ends.

After a flurry of assaults from Skitter's minions, the cultist's protective mob is no more, and he is left alone, furious and bruised, but still very much alive.

"Pah! Worthless corpses! I'll make sure I bring you down with me!"

- The "Lone Cultist" is a considered new enemy, replacing the "Cultist&Mob" - it doesn't have its previous status effects anymore.
- Lone Cultist gets two turns in a row, and goes immediately after the turn "Cultist&Mob" got KO'd on, that is, now, after Skitter's turn.

New initiative order, as of Skitter's turn:

Jeraylia
Zthulan
Skitter
Lone Cultist <- current turn
Lone Cultist
Rolf
Horizon

The cultist begins by invigorating himself with necromantic magic - parts of his flesh visibly decay and fester into putrid masses of thick, scarred, black flesh! He then seems to seep some of his own life force into empowering one of his spells, causing it to become more vile and virulent than before!

Lone Cultist:

Rolf's turn. The Cultist is bloodied and weakest/only opponent.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 am

I actually had 4 bone mites, the second bone mite 3 was just a typo.
Edit: Rolf gets the healing.

Edit 2: Why don't I get a single Bone Mite from killing a mob of zombies?

Edit 3: Does anyone have anything that Dazes?

Edit 4: Is he still suffering from my d12 crit?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:46 am

"Oh hells no!" Skitter replies and gives him another shadow slash to the eyes.

Please excuse the double post...

[-1] Slashback: Hahahahaha. 12. Blinded, Vuln 3, and Ongoing 5 (save ends).
lolololol. Flip to see if he hit us?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 am

Ramsus wrote:I actually had 4 bone mites, the second bone mite 3 was just a typo.
Edit: Rolf gets the healing.

Edit 2: Why don't I get a single Bone Mite from killing a mob of zombies?

Edit 3: Does anyone have anything that Dazes?

Edit 4: Is he still suffering from my d12 crit?

1) Kay, you get one more bone mite then, I guess?

2) Cause it was a special event, something akin to a "phase two boss transformation", rather than an outright kill.

4) No, read above.

EDIT: Okay, with all due respect, those crits are getting suspicious, Ramsus. Screenshots next time.

1d2 = 1, he didn't miss. He gets afflicted by the stuff though.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:58 am

Ok then.... I guess it did that damage to the new cultist after popping. *shrug*

I did a post above cuz... yeah.... interrupts. Btw, I was on the phone with thematthew and was at the time of rolling that 12 telling him about the previous time in this combat I did that.... thus why I found it so funny.

Edit: Damnit! Again? C'mon! =(

Edit 2: thematthew points out that the bone mite exploded at the cultist before it gained temp hp. *shrug*

Last edited by Ramsus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 am

Speaking of which, since that was an interrupt in the middle of his turn, he then gets in position to save as part of his normal "end of his turn" save.

d20 = 2, no save.

Carry on!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:04 am

What is initiative now? Am I now before the cultist?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:05 am

Ramsus wrote:What is initiative now? Am I now before the cultist?

Yep. It's now Rolfs turn, then Horizon, Jeraylia, Zthulan, then you, and then Cultist (two in a row). And probably any interrupt/reaction you chose to have before Rolf.

Edit: Off to sleeps.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 am

hohohoh doggy.
Just putting this here. I'll do rp later as I'm busy atm.
[-3] Misdirection – Interrupt Attack
Trigger – An enemy damages you with a combat talent.
Effect - A random enemy takes the damage instead.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:43 am

Hahaha, I think you just killed the boss.

Edit: Especially funny because vulnerability causing you to do more damage to him than he would have done to you.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 am

...Fine. I'll wait for the verdict from Zarhon to see if the cultist is dead or not.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:56 am

Jeraylia advances upon the lone cultist, not even hesitating when his skin starts to dissolve or when his life force gushes into an acrid black ball of pure evil. The bard doesn't even blink when he lobs the empowered bolt directly at her. Instead, she lets out an ululating, "Ayiyiiyiyiyiyi!" and, with a wild swing using the flat of her blade, she bats the vile spell back at the necromancer. Does she blanch when she is covered by spattered necrotic juices? No. Only when the orb bounces off the cultist and proceeds to falcon the rest of her party, does she flinch.
"Sorry about that."

Interrupt Attack:
Summary: Cultist takes damage directed at Jeraylia instead.
Jeraylia:
I am the warrior princess.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 am

You realize since it's an interrupt, if it does kill him, we don't even take any damage.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 am

Only when I'm not around does everyone jump all over everything.

2 things:
First, you should not have used that extra heal on me, as I was planning on being bloodied at my turn. Rectified by a nasty attack from the cultist, after a long slew of stuff I'm just not going to bother trying to follow. Possibly re-rectified by Jeraylia maybe winning it for us.

Second, I'm going to reselect my items as those two are no longer any good since they decided to redo shit AGAIN. I can't use them in their new state, but since you said the new versions don't count in this battle, I will count on having that second boomstick use if the guy isn't dead by my turn. Only one target left. nevermind.

EDIT: I spy with my little eye a potentially catastrophic combo of Heavy Blade and Longbow.

EDIT2: Guise.... lemme borrow your money.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am

Okay, misdirection wise, that would only affect one of the two bouncing bolt hits she took (as you can only interrupt/react once off the same trigger, in this case, only one of the two hits from the bolt). So the Cultist would take 13 damage (unaffected by enfeeblement since its his, plus 3 vuln), by misdirecting one of the blows. The other would hit her still.

And no, the cultist isn't dead yet. Smile

Don't forget to factor in enfeeblement for stuff you do, btw.

Edit: Hm, I'm actually not sure if he took 11 damage, if Jeraylia would have gotten her resist 2 from those two attacks. Does a random-targeting, multi-hit attack like that count as a single target one?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Rolf winced as the cultist’s spell impacted. It seemed that the cultist was getting stronger, while Rolf and his friends were getting weaker. Time to bring in the calvary.

One of the main spells that every wizard as part of their early careers was expected to learn was the summoning of a “guardian”. Even though the teachers were keen to see wizards as far superior to warriors, they acknowledged that sometimes it was good to have reinforcements, as a meat shield if nothing else. Such spells were normally taught in the first year of Magic Academy, or early on in an apprenticeship. Rolf had other wizards his age learning to summon large golems of rock, fairies that glowed and walked on air, or even living shadow creatures, like Skitter was able to summon.

With Master Nester, however, he got…Adara. Granted, there was nothing wrong with Adara, just…well…

Rolf charged up orbs of magic into his hands and slammed them on the ground. However, rather than forming large holes in the ground, they spread out to form the outer and inner components of a summoning circle. Rolf then knelt down, touched the edges of the circle, and used his magic to make the circle light up. The air around seemed to crackle with magical energy until finally a pillar of fire rose up from the center of the circle and hovered in the air.

The pillar suddenly flared away, leaving behind a vaguely humanoid figure.
“Hit me one time.”
The shape suddenly further condensed and refined itself into a large androgynous figure wearing the armor of a warrior.
“Hit me twice.”
A few quick alterations had the figure become…much less androgynous and have quite a bit less armor.
“Ooh, ah, ahhhhhhhhh, that’s rather nice.”
Standing in the middle of the circle was a warrior woman with orange skin and long firey flowing hair. She was a head taller than Rolf, and had blue tattoo along her arms and legs. She wore boots, shinguards, bracers and a headband, but her torso area had merely a shirt and skirt that seemed more designed to…show off her assets than protect her body.

“Rolfie!” Adara rushed forward and gave Rolf a hug, leaving his head in… an interesting place. “Oh, my sweet little Rolfie, it’s been too long.” Adara pulled Rolf away and looked him up and down. “Oh, and you’re all spiffed up for me? Oh, you shouldn’t have.” Adara looked around at the masked man, the dragonborne, the deva and the pale kobold. “Aww, are these big bad adventurers picking on you? Give me a second and I’ll-“

“Actually, Adara, these are my friends. I’m…well, I guess I’m an adventurer now. We’re trying to save the city from a lich,” Rolf replied.

“Oh, my apologies. It’s good that you’re finally striking out on your own. However…I hope you didn’t just summon me here for introductions. Well, actually, that’s not entirely true. If my summoner doesn’t present a target for me to incapacitate, kill, run off, or otherwise deal with, then I get to select my own.” Adara reached under Rolf’s arms, lifted him up so his feet were dangling in the air, and smiled seductively. “And ‘incapacitate’ is such an ambiguous word…”

“…A-actually, if you’d just turn around, you’ll see my *ahem* intended target.” Raising an eyebrow, Adara turned around to see the cultist. “Ah, necromancy. Wrecks havoc on the complexion.” Adara set the wizard down and sized up the threat. “Stand back, sweetie. Let me show this purple-clothed creep what I can do.”

Rolf stood back and tried to shake off the effects of the cultist's spell. Adara could be...interesting to handle, but she was a powerhouse once she got warmed up. At the very least, she wasn't affected by the cultist's weakening.

Combat:

Fire streamed out of Adara's hand, which then turned itself into a sword. Grasping the handle, Adara then rushed toward the cultist and slashed at his rotting flesh.

Combat:

-------

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=531

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40