Massive Utility Talent Update - All Talents are Everypony and Talent Show Expansion!

Go down

Massive Utility Talent Update - All Talents are Everypony and Talent Show Expansion!

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Hey everyone, it's a grand day for players that like building characters. With the removal of race-restrictions to take specific utility talents (which we've been playtesting for months and works brilliantly well - don't worry it doesn't break the system), there are now hundreds upon hundreds of more build options than before. Now you can actually build characters like Fluttershy, that defy racial conventions. Just make sure the flavor makes sense, if you want to cast spells as an Earth Pony - explain that you're packing some magical Zecora-style potions.

Also, we've opened a utility talent expansion that adds nearly fifty new utility talents for your enjoyment.

You can check out the updates in the Player's Handbook and check out the utility talent expansion here.

The Talent Show.

Enjoy. It's a great time to be a brony.

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive Utility Talent Update - All Talents are Everypony and Talent Show Expansion!

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Just a suggestion, but maybe it would've been smarter to have had left the guidelines of the raical barriers stay up. But just note that they don't mean a thing... Then again that'd just lead to more confusion, but it could've helped those that still liked the whole Racial Barriers to begin with or something.
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive Utility Talent Update - All Talents are Everypony and Talent Show Expansion!

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Just a suggestion, but maybe it would've been smarter to have had left the guidelines of the raical barriers stay up. But just note that they don't mean a thing... Then again that'd just lead to more confusion, but it could've helped those that still liked the whole Racial Barriers to begin with or something.

That's a good point. However, I think you're right about it leading to a lot more confusion than otherwise... So probably best to avoid it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Just thought I'd point out that in the Talent Show expansion, under the Enchanting talent, the MacGyver option has some wording that seems more suited to LL, and there appears to be a comment marker with no corresponding comment.

Also, while I'm at it, the word "gnomish" shows up in the description for It's Almost Like Flying in the Player's Handbook.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Philadelphus wrote:Just thought I'd point out that in the Talent Show expansion, under the Enchanting talent, the MacGyver option has some wording that seems more suited to LL, and there appears to be a comment marker with no corresponding comment.

Also, while I'm at it, the word "gnomish" shows up in the description for It's Almost Like Flying in the Player's Handbook.

Gah! Thanks. Hate trying to keep everything updated between two different handbooks. So easy to miss things.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 pm

No problem. Smile I'll just keep pointing out any errors as I see them.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Philadelphus wrote:No problem. Smile I'll just keep pointing out any errors as I see them.

Thanks a bunch. sunny
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 am

Some more I found:

This is Whining! refers to Expert Skill.
Nimble Hooves refers to hands.
Maddening Mockery seems to be missing a comment.
Failsafe Spell has "Magecraft" listed as a prerequisite.

Edit: Found one more.
Forcefield refers to Magecraft.
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:03 am

I've been looking, but where did the Thunderbird Talent go? I can't seem to find it...
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum