Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Ranger (Rewrite)

+2
Azureink
Fury of the Tempest
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Luna's Ranger (Rewrite) - Page 2 Empty Re: Luna's Ranger (Rewrite)

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Remember folks, destinies can't have combat benefits in any way - so people focus on them for the cool flavor rather than what Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies turned into in D&D 4e - just tools for maxing combat. I know in that game; I didn't even really understand the flavor of my characters' paragon paths and destinies - because the moment they give you combat bonuses that was all min/maxers like me thought about.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Alright alright. I'll remove the snapshot. Even if this isn't the only destiny that gives a combat bonus... (admittedly there is only one other and only one person expressed their distaste for it.)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I can guarantee you that no other combat-bonus destiny will get into the official system.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:I can guarantee you that no other combat-bonus destiny will get into the official system.

I still think your worrying too much. Combat isn't the most important thing when it comes to this RPing... but you are the head developer, so I will listen and remove the snapshot.

Any other criticisms?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I was discussing it with some people in chat, and they think we should make an ammo aspect to the abilities. Say get 5 arrows at level 4, 10 at level 7, and 20 at level 10, for example. That way it is like having x/day uses, but it allows you to choose which type of ability you use per arrow. Then we can probably alter the Shot abilities to make them more powerful. What do you think?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Azureink wrote:I was discussing it with some people in chat, and they think we should make an ammo aspect to the abilities. Say get 5 arrows at level 4, 10 at level 7, and 20 at level 10, for example. That way it is like having x/day uses, but it allows you to choose which type of ability you use per arrow. Then we can probably alter the Shot abilities to make them more powerful. What do you think?

Questionable flavor (why can't I buy more arrows?). However, love the mechanic and it's a nifty one. Try making it like a more unusual magical arrow or something, the way the Unseen uses Night Wisps.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Azureink wrote:I was discussing it with some people in chat, and they think we should make an ammo aspect to the abilities. Say get 5 arrows at level 4, 10 at level 7, and 20 at level 10, for example. That way it is like having x/day uses, but it allows you to choose which type of ability you use per arrow. Then we can probably alter the Shot abilities to make them more powerful. What do you think?

I thought of that as well. However, I figured with all the magic floating around, it wouldn't be THAT hard to get an quiver that continues to restock itself... or have the arrows made out of magic in the first place.

However, I HAVE changed Snapshot to a per/day thing as well as what it does.

Besides, you two are forgetting that the shot talents can only occur while you have the ranger's bow item in your possession. Remove it, you lose the shot talents..
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:

Questionable flavor (why can't I buy more arrows?). However, love the mechanic and it's a nifty one. Try making it like a more unusual magical arrow or something, the way the Unseen uses Night Wisps.

Are we going to have a general item guide soon then? How do we get torches, bedrolls, arrows, etc?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:

I thought of that as well. However, I figured with all the magic floating around, it wouldn't be THAT hard to get an quiver that continues to restock itself... or have the arrows made out of magic in the first place.

However, I HAVE changed Snapshot to a per/day thing as well as what it does.

Besides, you two are forgetting that the shot talents can only occur while you have the ranger's bow item in your possession. Remove it, you lose the shot talents..
Ooh. I like the idea behind the new Snapshot.

Last edited by Azureink on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:34 pm

I think the GM's will decide on the general items...

And thank you, I've also modified the Flare Shot so it does have a downside... well in some cases it can also be an upside admittedly but still.

Also, I removed the teleportation skill, as cool as that was, it was too powerful with what I already has really.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Not sure. Hard to make a general item guide for such flavor-malleable settings.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah for having ideas for three more Destiny's when I don't even know if the first could ever become official.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:

I was the one who made the initial suggestion for this, so I can answer that. Perhaps the quiver is enchanted to be able to enchant a certain amount of arrows each day. As you go up in level and get stronger, your quiver's capabilities improve. Or the Ranger organization (if there is one) makes them. The method is a trade secret, and they distribute them according to the Ranger's rank.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Or its the ranger's abilities which enhance the arrows - through the bow - and the quiver is enhanced to restock arrows. That's what I'm going for personally... tied to the item, not the number of arrows.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2