Classic Monster Project

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Classic Monster Project

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 am

Hey, everyone! Me again.
I've got a project I've been meaning to get to. I wanted it to be a secret, but what the hay.
I want to turn all of the classic D&D creatures into Pony Tales-approved monsters. Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast and, subsequently, Dungeons and Dragons, so we're all good!
But enough of that. Here's a list of some creatures I have in mind:
Beholder: Big eye-floaty thing, wicked nasty.
Illithid: Also known as a mind-flayer. Think Cthulhu crossed with a sorcerer.
Gelatinous Cube: It's a... cube. Made of... killer gelatin. Not much to explain here. It's also a key part of the "Killer Room" design, along with a Lurker Above, a Trapper, and Stunjellies.
Blink Dog: A cute little creature, it's got teleportation powers.
Displacer Beast: Kind of... similar, actually. It's more like a jaguar, and it doesn't teleport, it... displaces. You know what, look it up on Wikipedia, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacer_Beast
Lich: Undead wizard who keeps his soul in an object called a phylactery. Voldemort totally cribbed that from D&D, btw.
Mimic: It's a monster that looks like an object. I believe most pictures depict it as a treasure chest.
And who can forget, the Dread Gazebo?

Naturally, this is an incomplete list. If you've got more ideas like this, put them in here!
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Monster Project

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 am

Actually I'm working on a Lich template. And a Vampire template. And a Ghoul template.
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MirrorImage on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 am

I'll get my Monster Manual! I have a 4th edition manual, but if I really wanted to try, I could probably raid a friend's copy of the 1st (2nd?) edition manual.
MirrorImage
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

Of the classics, there's also:

Rust monster - A weird, rust colored, four legged creature, resembling an insect with feather-like antennae on its face, large shell-like armor plates and a long fish-like tail. These monsters are relatively harmless to ponies, but they are a nuisance nonetheless: Their main diet is metallic and precious metal objects, which they greedily consume by drawing out the iron from objects with their antennae. One touch on an iron, metal, or precious ore object dissolves it to a rusty pile of junk in mere seconds!

Owlbear - A bizarre combination, featuring the body of a bear, walking on it's hind legs, and the head of an owl, with a gigantic beak. These monsters are highly dangerous: They can grip, maul and hug their prey, as well as tear at it with their mighty beaks. Much like the animals they are made of, they are hunting carnivores, willing to eat most animals, as well as ponies.

Sphinx - Possessing the body of a lion, feathery wings and the head of a cat, this creature is most puzzling. They are highly intelligent and wise, and often speak in riddles, puzzles or cryptic phrases. They hail from desert regions. Some say they can even cast spells...

Tarrasque - This hulking, gigantic monstrosity exists only to eat and destroy. Greater than the most ancient of dragons, this lizard-like behemoth brings utter destruction where it goes. Thankfully, only a single of these creatures exist, and they are normally dormant for centuries, hibernating, long-forgotten. They are nigh-impossible to hurt, as their hides shrugs off almost all forms of damage, magic, or harm. Even death cannot stop them, as they regenerate their bodies at an astounding rate, and quickly revive from seemingly fatal injuries.

Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:26 am

I was actually going to put Sphinxes under races.
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Garran Tomekeeper on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:05 pm

I am currently trying to use rust monsters in an adventure I'm making. One of the problems is that the flavor of combat talents means that rust monsters can't have any special combat abilities that allow them to rust metal. My plan is to make their rusting abilities only applicable outside of combat, but it's hard to justify their powers not working in combat. I'm probably going to take more monsters from my 4th edition Monster Manual 2 and adapt them for my campaign(s) as well.

Garran Tomekeeper
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Actually I'm working on a Lich template. And a Vampire template. And a Ghoul template.

While I don't know how balanced it is, one of my joke templates is a vampire. Perhaps you can build off of it if you're looking to do a little less work.

Zarhon wrote:Owlbear - A bizarre combination, featuring the body of a bear, walking on it's hind legs, and the head of an owl, with a gigantic beak. These monsters are highly dangerous: They can grip, maul and hug their prey, as well as tear at it with their mighty beaks. Much like the animals they are made of, they are hunting carnivores, willing to eat most animals, as well as ponies.

The owlbear was actually the very first monster I made for this system, and has been submitted (with the others in that document) for approval, although once again there's the potential balance issue. I tend to focus on concept more than mechanics.
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Well, I'm actually a little disappointed. I guess this was something only I really wanted to do. :/ (The owlbear was good, but it was made before I asked for it, so it doesn't count.)
I finally got around to it, though! Here, have about a half-dozen rough drafts of D&D monsters (and one bonus for all you Final Fantasy fans).

Gelatinous Cube:
This huge blob of acid only wants a friend. If only it realized how... caustic a personality it has!
HP-50 35
Traits:
[+2] Dissolve
Dissolve a nearby object, recovering d10 HP.
[+1] Splash
Nearby enemy takes d8 damage and takes Ongoing Damage 1 (save ends).
[-3] Jiggler Jump
The Cube jumps onto an enemy, trapping them within it. The opponent takes d8 damage now and every round it remains within the cube.

Mimic:
These are well known for being the pets of changelings and other shapeshifting races. They may look like harmless treasure at first, but don’t be fooled; that treasure chest really bites!
HP- 30 (small) 40 (medium) 60 (large)
Stone Still- Trait
So long as a mimic does not take an Action, it is completely indistinguishable from a real item to the unsuspecting eye.
[+1] Snap: Reaction
Trigger: A player touches the Mimic
Deal d6 damage. That player also takes Ongoing Damage 1.
[+1] Revolting Lick
Deal d4 damage. Target is weakened (save ends).
[-1] Tasty Snack
Deal d10 damage to one enemy.
[-4] Duplicitous Double
The Mimic may change form, most likely to something owned by one of the players. It will then attempt to blend in using its new form. All players must take a Perception check or miss the transformation.

Beholder:
Beholders belong to the Petrifier family. They’ve got a thousand-yard stare and a stony demeanor. But don’t take these monsters for granite. They really know how to fight! Beholders also prefer to attack the most voluptuous member of the party. Don’t feel bad if it passes you by, though. Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the okay I can’t finish that sentence.
HP-70
[+2] Draining Stare
Target forgets one ability (save ends).
[+1] Weakened Resolve
Target may not use (-) abilities for 2 turns.
[-1] Scorching Ray
Deal d10 damage. Target flips a coin; if tails, they suffer Ongoing Damage 2 (save ends).
[-1] Cursed Gaze
Target suffers Ongoing Damage 2 and flips a coin; if tails, they also gain Vulnerability 1.
[-2] Slow
Target falls to the last initiative slot.
[-3] Fearful Eye
Target becomes stunned (save ends). When they are no longer stunned, they take d6 damage.
[-6] Turn to Stone
Target must pass a save or be turned to stone. Only an Advanced Arcana check (DC 40) or Persuading the Beholder can undo the effect.

Flumph:
Flumphs are... hmm. They’re kind of like Bloopers, only they fly in the air. Oh, and if they’re flipped over, they’re completely incapacitated. They’re kind of wussy, and they’re supposed to be good guys. But hey, we’re adventurers! We kill everything we see!
HP- 30 15
Abilities:
Flumphs can speak Equestrian, to a certain extent. They are kind and noble, but they will attack people that they perceive as dangerous or evil.
Traits:
[+2] Acid I
Do d6 damage. Target is weakened (save ends).
[+1] Stabbing Spikes
Do d8 damage.
[-1] Acid II
Do d6 damage. Target is weakened and takes Ongoing Damage 2 (save for each).
[-3] Stun Spray
All enemies that attempt to attack the Flumph must flip a coin; if tails, they are stunned (save ends). (EDIT: This effect remains until the end of the fight or until the acid is removed.)

Sphinx:
What walks on four legs, then two legs, then three; but the more legs he walks on, the weaker he be? Wait, that riddle doesn’t work for ponies! Oh, well. Sphinxes are very territorial and mysterious. If you can solve their riddle, they’ll usually let you by. However, if you fail, it will probably try to kill you. Just to warn you.
Note to PH’s: You should probably have a good set of riddles prepared for the party. It’s all your call to decide how difficult it should be. Draw from The Hobbit, or just ask “What gets wetter the more it dries?” Either way. (P.S. It’s a towel.)
HP-95
[+2] Word of Life
The Sphinx states one of the Words of Life. Sphinx either gains d10 HP, d12 temporary HP, Regeneration d6, or Resist d4; or, one of its allies gains d8 HP, d10 temporary HP, Regeneration d4, or Resist d2.
[-1] Word of Power
The Sphinx states one of the Words of Power. Opponent is either weakened, blinded, or Vulnerable 2 (save ends); or, opponent is stunned or suffers Ongoing Damage 2 for d4 turns; or, Opponent takes d10 damage.
[-2] Word of Weakening
The Sphinx states one of the Words of Weakening. Opponent either loses one of its abilities (save ends) or loses d4 PiPs.
[-4] Devilish Slash
Target instantly becomes bloodied. If it is already bloodied, it drops to 1 HP. If it is 1 HP or below, it “defeats” the enemy.
[-6] Unholy Word of Thoth
All opponents roll a d20 against all of the possible effects of the Word of Power. 20 saves all, 19-15 saves 5, 14-11 saves 4, 10-8 saves 3, 7-4 saves 2, 3-2 saves 1, and 1 saves none. The Sphinx chooses which effects remain. All effects last for 1 turn, then save ends.

Illithid:
Hey, look, it’s a pony! Hey, stranger! What’s your name? ... Okay, apparently he’s got a squid face. Still, we’ve seen weirder. Remember those guys from Hinny’s-mouth? Jeez, they were like half-sea pony or something! Maybe this guy’s friendly! ... Hmm, he sure does like kissing my skull. Wonder why he’s doing that ughgthanlksth.
HP-60
Illithids may use abilities from the Psion and Ardent move sets from the Player’s Handbook.
[+1] Mind Reader
Illithid steals one of the opponent’s abilities. If this ability is used again, the previously stolen move is returned, and a new one is taken from a different opponent.
[-5] Mind Blast
All enemies take 3d8 damage and are stunned (save ends). Even after they save, they retain Vulnerability 2 for d4 turns.

Tonberry:
As a special bonus, have this terrifying Final Fantasy baddie. Nothing is more heart-stopping than to see three of these guys coming towards you. They move so. slowly. But you know, when they get to you, that you’re going down.
HP-120
Trait-Lonely
Tonberries start with 0 PiPs.
[+3] Approach
Does nothing. It’s just incredibly scary.
[+1] Hideous Light
Target is weakened for d8 turns.
[-1] Spinning Shadows
Target enemy gains Ongoing Damage 2. If the enemy has already been affected by Spinning Shadows, they then gain Vulnerability 2.
[-6] Poke
Deal d12 2d12+6 damage.
[-10] Grudge
For every enemy Tonberry the opponent has ever put below 0 HP, this attack does d10 damage.
[-15] Knife
Target (EDIT: loses all temporary HP and) is reduced to 9/10 their base HP.
P.S. I’m not sure I like any ability that is between +1 and -5. I want Tonberries to do absolutely nothing most of the time other than walk towards you. In fact, the PiP system is great for Tonberries. They just sit around, drawing ever closer. Then, suddenly, BAM! Half of your party just falls.

Last edited by AlicornPriest on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dead Mender on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:27 am

Well, in the campaign I'm writing we got Porcs...they're like Orcs, except they're pigs. Stat block for their minions:

Porc Minion: 1 HP
Intelligence Level: Stupid (Attacks last enemy who damaged them or at random)
Trait: Thick Skinned – Porc Minion has resist 4
[+1] Headbutt
1d4 to target creature
[-3] Gore
1d10 to target creature and 1d4 to adjacent allies
Dead Mender
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:05 pm

You said something about a responce... well here it is. This is only the things that I have problems with.
Gelatinous Cube:
This huge blob of acid only wants a friend. If only it realized how... caustic a personality it has!
HP-50
good enough flavor but the HP is a bit high for pile of jelly.
[-3] Jiggler Jump
The Cube jumps onto an enemy, trapping them within it. The opponent takes d8 damage now and every round it remains within the cube.
is this a save ends? And does the opponent become a viable target for dissolve?

Mimic:
These are well known for being the pets of changelings and other shapeshifting races. They may look like harmless treasure at first, but don’t be fooled; that treasure chest really bites!
can PC changelings get this as a pet?

Beholder:
Beholders belong to the Petrifier family. They’ve got a thousand-yard stare and a stony demeanor. But don’t take these monsters for granite. They really know how to fight! Beholders also prefer to attack the most voluptuous member of the party. Don’t feel bad if it passes you by, though. Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the okay I can’t finish that sentence.
you are going to have to be more clear by what you mean by voluptuous also are the beholders male or female or do they swing both ways?

[+2] Draining Stare
this is a bit broken if say the same pony get targeted more than one time also is the ability from the pool taken into battle or the full list? Also does the beholder choose the move taken or is it random

[-6] Turn to Stone
Target must pass a save or be turned to stone. Only an Advanced Arcana check (DC 40) or Persuading the Beholder can undo the effect.
What happens if the team mage gets hit by this and the others kill the Beholder?

Flumph:
Flumphs are... hmm. They’re kind of like Bloopers, only they fly in the air. Oh, and if they’re flipped over, they’re completely incapacitated. They’re kind of wussy, and they’re supposed to be good guys. But hey, we’re adventurers! We kill everything we see!
HP- 30
how is 30 wussy I'd say >15 is wussy

[-3] Stun Spray
All enemies that attempt to attack the Flumph must flip a coin; if tails, they are stunned (save ends).

How long does this last?

[-1] Word of Power
The Sphinx states one of the Words of Power. Opponent is either weakened, blinded, or Vulnerable 2 (save ends); or, opponent is stunned or suffers Ongoing Damage 2 for d4 turns; or, Opponent takes d10 damage.

be more clear

[-4] Devilish Slash
Target instantly becomes bloodied. If it is already bloodied, it drops to 1 HP. If it is 1 HP or below, it “defeats” the enemy.

WAY over powered

Trait-Lonely

all non players start with 0

[-6] Poke
Deal d12 damage.

This is under powered would be better as a -3 or 4

[-10] Grudge
For every enemy the opponent has ever put below 0 HP, this attack does d10 damage.

now lets see how many things just one of my party members has killed... 27 in one Session(he blew up a mine full of diamond dogs) also the team healer has killed 0 by having no damage dealing moves

[-15] Knife
Target is reduced to 9/10 their base HP.
Just make it a HP to 1 cooler that way.
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:You said something about a responce... well here it is. This is only the things that I have problems with.
And what a response it is! Thanks a bunch for your input! Very Happy Now, the "only" things you've got are...
tygerburningbright wrote:
Gelatinous Cube:
HP-50
good enough flavor but the HP is a bit high for pile of jelly.
Ah, but this isn't just any blob of jelly! It's a gelatinous cube! ... Okay, I'll drop it to 35.
[-3] Jiggler Jump
is this a save ends? And does the opponent become a viable target for dissolve?
It's not exactly a save ends. I think of it as more of, "I spend a turn escaping the cube." And... sure, they can still be dissolved. They're inside a cube of it, so, sure.

Mimic:
can PC changelings get this as a pet?
Uh, sure. Why not? Ask your PH about it.

Beholder:
you are going to have to be more clear by what you mean by voluptuous also are the beholders male or female or do they swing both ways?
That line was there for absolutely no reason other than the pun. Laughing

[+2] Draining Stare
this is a bit broken if say the same pony get targeted more than one time also is the ability from the pool taken into battle or the full list? Also does the beholder choose the move taken or is it random
We're still ironing out how "Amnesia" works. Probably random, only one move lost at a time.

[-6] Turn to Stone
What happens if the team mage gets hit by this and the others kill the Beholder?
Eh, they're freed from the curse. Equestria's nice like that.

Flumph:
HP- 30
how is 30 wussy I'd say >15 is wussy
Ah, true. I have a phobia of making monsters much weaker than 30. I'll drop it to 15; that seems like a good idea.

[-3] Stun Spray
All enemies that attempt to attack the Flumph must flip a coin; if tails, they are stunned (save ends).

How long does this last?
Hmm... I hadn't considered. Honestly, I was thinking until the end of the fight. It's acid, so it just sits there.

[-1] Word of Power

be more clear
Ah, the Sphinx. My little experiment. My idea is that the Sphinx is the servant of the Egyptian God of Knowledge, Thoth. As such, they are in control of the words of existence. The Words of Power are damaging attacks or effects. The Sphinx speaks one such word, and it causes the effect. In essence, it's a bunch of abilities rolled into one.

[-4] Devilish Slash

WAY over powered
Yeah, it really is. But I realized amid all of the abilities I was throwing around that I needed an ability that did straight damage. Do you think I should get rid of it, or should I lower it to, say, -7?

Trait-Lonely

all non players start with 0
Really? That's news to me. I remember people arguing about it, but I'd always assumed they were settling on them starting with 4 PiPs, just like PC's.

[-6] Poke
Deal d12 damage.

This is under powered would be better as a -3 or 4
Ah, right, thank you. I'll change it to "Deal 3d12 damage."
(I know that's not what you meant. Razz However, part of the Tonberry's concept is that it takes a while for it to charge up, so I can't lower the PiP count.)

[-10] Grudge
For every enemy the opponent has ever put below 0 HP, this attack does d10 damage.

now lets see how many things just one of my party members has killed... 27 in one Session(he blew up a mine full of diamond dogs) also the team healer has killed 0 by having no damage dealing moves
That's precisely the point. Ponies who are harsh and hurt many opponents face the wrath of the Tonberry. (However, I may have to mention that the attack won't kill.) I may, however, just change it to only other Tonberries you've killed.

[-15] Knife
Target is reduced to 9/10 their base HP.
Just make it a HP to 1 cooler that way.
This ability is actually based off of an ability that Tonberries were shown to have in the game. It might actually be... too weak, to tell you the truth.
Hmm, I may need to rebalance it. It just doesn't quite have the punch I want it to. Man, where's the Monster Arena when you need it? Razz
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am

Devilish Slash would be good as -7 or -5 and coin flip

I am not sure about the starting PiPs myself but another problem just came to me if there are any monsters from the leader archtype the players are dead meat.

Grudge can't kill or even deal damage the first time the party encounters tonberries.

One more thing I do believe the monster arena has been foreclosed.

tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Tonberrys should get 4 PiPs I think when they walk forward after all it does nothing else and for that reason alone it should help the monster a little more then normal.
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Tonberrys should get 4 PiPs I think when they walk forward after all it does nothing else and for that reason alone it should help the monster a little more then normal.
... Helping the monster is not the point. I wish I could find a good video of it, but, strangely, Youtube has failed me. Anyways, this is what fighting a Tonberry is like: All you see is three of them on the other side of the screen. This is Final Fantasy we're talking about, so they're on the other side of the field. However, they break the sacred code of battle: they get closer. You realize that, once they get close, they will kill you. So you whale on them. Attack after attack after attack. They never attack back, yet your attacks don't seem to be doing much of anything. (Tonberries have tons, and I mean tons, of HP. One guide I found while looking for a video claimed that a single one had 3 times as much HP as a group of 3 enemies. That were a boss fight.) Then suddenly, almost without you realizing it, one has gotten right next to one of your party members. And it uses a single move: Knife. Sounds lame, right? Oh, that move insta-kills your guy. Guaranteed. Then it teleports back to the other side of the screen. And starts creeping towards you again. Every single time it moves forward, you start crying and screaming, because you know it's coming. It's a juggernaut, and you have no idea if you can stop it.
So... yeah. That's what I wanted to go for. Most of the turn, it just sops up damage. All it does is move closer. And closer. And closer. Then suddenly, BAM! Everypony dies. Of course, that works a lot better when reviving from death is not that hard...
I could raise it to +4. I could do +5, +10, or +10000. Either way, I'd still have to balance the other abilities accordingly. I just chose +3 arbitrarily and went from there.
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:08 am

I think you explained it well enought for me... Even thought I think I did already know that fact.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I think you explained it well enought for me... Even thought I think I did already know that fact.
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm sure you completely understand how the Tonberry is supposed to play. I guess I'm more frustrated at myself since it isn't quite what I want. :/ (And also, no one has ever recorded themselves getting their butt kicked by a Tonberry? Really?)
How do you make it scary like I want it to? Do you have any suggestions? It needs to just be this imposing figure, moving ever so slowly. A good encounter idea would be a ring around the players, maybe. That way they can't just run away.
Hmm... maybe the jump to Pony Tales didn't work out for the Tonberry. Aww... Sad
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Add more HP and maybe give them more pip increse when they move forward, that's the best I can suggest to help add the fear... Cause IF they're getting like 6 pips when they walk forward for example that'd make people worry what it's planing to do with it's powerful attacks.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Add more HP and maybe give them more pip increse when they move forward, that's the best I can suggest to help add the fear... Cause IF they're getting like 6 pips when they walk forward for example that'd make people worry what it's planing to do with it's powerful attacks.

Are the players susposed to know how many pips that each monster gains?
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Add more HP and maybe give them more pip increse when they move forward, that's the best I can suggest to help add the fear... Cause IF they're getting like 6 pips when they walk forward for example that'd make people worry what it's planing to do with it's powerful attacks.

No... This is just my ideas on what it can do. And with it having a sheet here lets ones be able to tell what we got to worry about. And with doing nothing else, I'd bet players SHOULD guess that it's getting a lot of pips for that move. Otherwise it'd be just dumb.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 am

A good idea. Pulling an FF enemy opened the floodgates though- so now, Ima hijack your thread and post cool monsters from other video games. Namely, The Elder Scrolls. No stats yet, but here's a list.

Alit
Ascended Sleeper
Netch- Male and Female
Bonelord
Bonewalker
Cliff Racer
Dreugh
Guar
Kagouti
Kwama- Forager, Worker, Warrior, and Queen. Also, Scrib
Shalk
Slaughterfish

And thats just Morrowind, not counting expansions, and excluding Daedra.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:57 pm

never heard of any of them... how bout deathclaws and Yao Guai from Fallout?
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 pm

But why no mudcrab?
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:37 pm

I'd say, generally no, players aren't supposed to know how many pips an opponent has or spends. But ultimately it's up to the DM how many of the hidden mechanics they end up revealing. I know there have been times where I just outright told the players how much life a monster had, or gave away other specifics of it's stat block, simply because it made sense to at the time. But usually it makes more sense to leave the players guessing at the numbers and then let them know after the fact. Though the players should be told when an enemy is bloodied, and any traits (especially resistance and regeneration) should be addressed through a general description of the monster itself during the battle.
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:never heard of any of them

Hence the links to the wiki. That game is easily the greatest game I've ever played.

Xel Unknown wrote:But why no mudcrab?

Because no one ever fights mudcrabs, so drawing them up would be a waste of time.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 am

That may change soon, have you seen the Skyrim vid about the GIANT MUDCRABS OF DOOM?
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum