Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.)

+5
Grey Pen The Flawed
Brony 7 of 9
elfowlgirl
SilentBelle
LoganAura
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.) Empty Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.)

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 pm

As the title says, this is going to be a genderbent version of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic.

The group will be adapting not only episodes, but various fan-made content to be the opposite gender. For example, the song "With a Sister" by Mandopony becoming "With a Brother", although that would be around the Brotherhooves Bash *Name to be tweaked* time.

Now, I'm probably only going to be project manager and /maybe/ butterscotch's voice, so I'm looking for people to help adapt the transcripts and stuff to be appropriately masculine, people to voice the actual characters, and someone to help edit together the voicework.

Right now, I'm only looking for voices for the first two episodes- but with so many characters with reccurring roles, I'm going to ask for a few more varied voices. The
lines below are the varied voices.

The following characters are open.

Dusk Shine: Male Twilight. A rather intellectual tone of voice, but not entirely nerdy.
Exasperated: "Everypony in this town is CRAZY!"
Normal: "I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all -- are my friends."
Manic: "Clock is Ticking Dusk Shine! Clock. Is. TICKING!"
Singing: "I was prepared to do my best. Thought I could handle any test. For I could do so many tricks, but I wasn't prepared for this."

Spines: Female Spike. Childish?
Tired: "Augh... I've been holding that quill so long, I've got a claw cramp! Good thing we don't have anything to report to Prince Solaris this week."
Singing: "He can't be sure...." "His heart is pure"
Lovesick: "Wasn't he wonderful?"
Normal: "P.S.: Obviously, Spines did not have to learn a lesson, because she is the most awesome friend a pony could ask for. Unlike everypony else, she took things seriously and--"

Prince Solaris: Male Celestia. Serene, and fatherly.
Singing: "Faith has been cruel, and order unkind. How could I have led you astray" (Lullaby for a Princess)
Explanatory: "One thousand years ago, Queen Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night, took over the Crystal Empire. She was ultimately overthrown, turned to shadow and banished to the ice of the arctic north. But not before she was able to put a curse on the empire. A curse that caused it to vanish into thin air."

Bubble Berry: Male Pinkie. Happy and energetic, cartoony.
Singing: "Soooooo Giggle at the ghosties! Guffaw at the Grossly. Crack up at the Kooky! Snortle at the Spooky!" (Giggle at the Ghosties)
Sad and defeated: "Oh no, my friends don't like my parties, and they don't want to be my friends anymore! "
Peppy: "Hi! My name is Berry Bubble, and I threw this party just for you!"

Butterscotch: Male Fluttershy. Shy and quiet, timid, and but can be enthusiastic and possibly angry.
Singing: "What is this place, full of so many wonders? Casting it's spell, that I am no under..." (So many wonders)
Angry and Paternal: "Listen here Missy! Just because you're big, doesn't mean you get to be a bully!"
Timid:"Oh... Um, my name is... Butterscotch."
Manic: "You're... going to LOVE ME!"

Elusive: Male Rarity. Formal and a bit haughty, yet not fully pompus
Singing: "I'll be the toast of the town, the one with the flow. I'm the type of pony everypony everypony should know."
Flirtatious: "I hate to interr-u-upt... but I just couldn't let you leave without telling you how beautiful your scales are."
Whiny: "Oh, the harness is too tight, it's going to chafe, can't you loosen it? Ugh! It hurts and it's so nasty, why didn't you clean it first? It's gonna leave a stain and the wagon's getting heavy. Why do I have to pull it?"
Normal with conviction: "They may not be as sophisticated as some of you Canterlot ponies, but they are my best friends. And they are without a doubt the most important ponies I know."

Rainbow Blitz: Male Dash. Brash and cocky.
Confidant: "THE one and only." "Hey, I could clear the sky in 10 seconds flat!"
Singing: " I can't wait to get started, but first let me set a few rules. It's the utmost importance that the pet that I get, is something that's awesome and cool!" Find a Pet
Calm:"You...Thank you. For the offer, I mean. But I'm afraid I have to say no."
Excited: "Ohmygosh" X5

Applejack: Male Applejack. Soutern twang, but not too cliche.
Singing: 'why don'tcha come on down, to Sweet Apple Acres. Got a whole family full of tasty treat makers" (Sweet Apple Acres- Mandopony)
Upset: "Don't you be using them fancy mathematics to muddle the issue."
Sincire: "What I'm tellin' you is the honest truth. Just let go."

Applebuck: Male Applebloom. Same accent as applejack, however higher and childish.
Singing: (First lines of the song from One Bad Apple)
Pleading: "Don'tcha wanna stay for brunch?"
Excited: "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, GENDERBENT VOICE ACTORS, YAY!" (I am aware that isn't an actual line, it's just funny."

Prince Artemis/ Night Terror Nebula: Male Luna/Male Nightmare Moon. Old fashioned, calm and serene/ Arrogant and confidant.
Singing:"Am I so WRONG to think that they should treat me like I'm you. And am I so wrong to think that they might love me too?" (The Moon Rises)
Confused: "What is this... Fun, thou speakest of?"
ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE: "This night will last FOREVER!"
Happy: "The fun has been doubled!"

Various background voices: These will be added once I flip through the first two episodes.
The deadline will be 12/16/12 for the voices.

Send all audiions as a .wav or .mp3 file to michaellogangordon@gmail.com wih your name, and the characters names.

All right, I copy pasted the above from my forum on VAA. Essentially this is a group for adapting a LOT of MLP and fanmade things to be the opposite gender. I'm focusing on the first episodes at the moment though.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.) Empty Re: Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.)

Post  SilentBelle Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, I've got no voice talent for stuff like this, but I've read the fanfic, and a good read it was Smile Well, anyway, good luck with the project. I hope it pans out well.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.) Empty Re: Friendship is Magic, Cross and Arrow Version (Name to be tweaked.)

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:33 pm

'sall right. Didn't entirely expect too many people on here. I mean, I put it up on VAA and I've only got 1 audition so far. *Shrug*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Sounds interesting. I'll keep checking if/when you get into further episodes with (hopefully) more female characters (and if I get a better microphone than the one my laptop has).
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Well, girls normally do the voices of young boys. If you can do Sweepy Belle, Scootaroll, or Applebuck that'd be awesome.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Question - if I'm auditioning for multiple roles, do you want separate MP3 files or just one big one?
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 pm

I'd appreciate seperate ones.
That way I can put together the auditions for a video of callbacks/casting a bit easier.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm

You, sir, have your email.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 am

Yes I do, and nice voice 7.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 am

I wish I could do this... I could probably do Rainbow Blitz.

Sadly, I have nothing at all like the time for it. Sad
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 am

Aw man.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 am

Once again, my interest in a voiceacting project has been thwarted by my lack of a recording device. Curses! *shakes fist*

...One of these days, I really need to set aside the funds for a mic...
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:01 am

Yeah, so I tried recording...

And found that my laptop has the worst built-in mic ever. Like, I can't hear myself over the background noise. And I don't have a regular one...

I may or may not get a new pair of headphones for the holidays, but I'm not sure yet.

I'd like to help you guys in any way I can, otherwise.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:05 am

Aw man. Right now I've edited episodes 1 and 2 but later I might need some help with that.
I would ask for a project art, but you currently have some stuff for your own thread.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Just so you guys know the current auditions:
3 Elusive
2 Berry
3 Butterscotch
1 AJ
2 Dusk Shine
1 Solaris
1 Artemis
1 Blitz

And 4 auditions, me included. More than I expected, even if the project has only been around for 3 days.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 am

Bumping this for any newcomers interested on the last day to do it, and a statement that I might be able to get something in on time, though I'll be pushing the deadline (gee thanks exams), and if that's the case, I hope you consider alerting here if it does get off the ground to alerting us when one-shot characters like Gilda (Gordon?) and the Grand and Magical Trevor (or whatever you think is a good name there) arise for needing voice work.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 am

I will, and it's going to be. I have quite a few auditions from a different place (that place being VAA) and enough to hopefully make things go well.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Copy Pasted from my VAA thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkz3wZbD3o

Casting Video is up and running! Thank you to those who auditioned, and if you have been given a role, please contact me I'm sorry for those of you who I didn't give a role to, though, I am very sorry, but keep in touch just in case I want to have you voice one of the minor roles.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:26 am

Oh well, I tried. Smile

Congrats to 7/9 though.

EDIT: Now that the choices are in, though... You never said EST here, so I deserve my 0.1 points back. :p
Just kiddin' mate, though it is kinda sad that we didn't get all the roles to be cast over here, or I'd have applied for Sen. Stallion too, you got annoyed that no one applied for it... Oh well.

Keep us posted when new roles come up.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks for casting me, and looking forward to recording some stuff!
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 am

Assuming I'm still around by the time you get all the way to the Royal Wedding, I am interested in voicing Prince Caden / King Chrysalis (if someone else doesn't prove better), and re-writing the lyrics for Caden's Aria.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 am

Bolero and (tentative). But thanks for the interest Smile
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am

Ah. I stand corrected Razz
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Ok, So just want to post in here again-

Project's going. We've got a tumblr ( http://mylittleponymarsandvenus.tumblr.com/ )and a youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/MLPMarsandVenus?feature=guide , working on episode one, aaaand
Our Spines has sort of disappeared :/

Only have a couple songs, and the first episode is being worked on.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 am

I actually do some voice acting work. I can see that I've discovered this far to late; but if you need any new voices at all, or a replacement, or just want to hear an alternative actor for some lines just tell me.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next