Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 20 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Not entirely sure as to logistics yet, but the idea of that freedom allowing players to make their own items could work well.

The only problem is, we're getting really heavy with extra character stuff now. Add in free utility items and players will have way too much stuff to manage.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 20 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Not entirely sure as to logistics yet, but the idea of that freedom allowing players to make their own items could work well.

The only problem is, we're getting really heavy with extra character stuff now. Add in free utility items and players will have way too much stuff to manage.

Could always make it an optional module... hell. Items could be an optional module in by itself.

BTW, how the Official Reviewer idea coming along?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

It's another thing on our list of things to do when we get time to think about it right now. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 am

What does Quicken do in a two person fight?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Alright, so I have you will die on a target (it has blind, weaken, daze, Vulnerability 3, Ongoing Damage 5, and -3 to Saving Throws (save ends all)) and my buddy uses Hangman's Noose on it (Ongoing Damage 6). What actually happens?

I can see a few possibilities of how this goes:
1) My save ends all is wholly overridden. I cry.
2) Only my Ongoing Damage is overridden, but save still ends all together.
3) Only my Ongoing Damage is overridden, and when save ends his there is no Ongoing Damage.
4) Only my Ongoing Damage is overridden, and when save ends his mine comes back if the rest of my save ends all is still there.
5) My Ongoing Damage is not overridden, giving it effectively OD 11.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm

thematthew wrote:Alright, so I have you will die on a target (it has blind, weaken, daze, Vulnerability 3, Ongoing Damage 5, and -3 to Saving Throws (save ends all)) and my buddy uses Hangman's Noose on it (Ongoing Damage 6). What actually happens?

I can see a few possibilities of how this goes:
1) My save ends all is wholly overridden. I cry.
2) Only my Ongoing Damage is overridden, but save still ends all together.
3) Only my Ongoing Damage is overridden, and when save ends his there is no Ongoing Damage.
4) Only my Ongoing Damage is overridden, and when save ends his mine comes back if the rest of my save ends all is still there.
5) My Ongoing Damage is not overridden, giving it effectively OD 11.

Only the ongoing damage is overridden, and your ongoing 5 is wiped off your save ends. So now he's suffering...

blind, weaken, daze, vulnerability 3, -3 to saving throws (save ends all) and, ongoing damage 6 (save ends).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Sweet, that's actually the one I had hoped it was.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Awesome. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Speaking of which.

Some abilities (Mind Over Matter comes to mind) are affected by the number of save-ends conditions you or someone else has. And some abilities (Like You Will Die) give multiple conditions, with one saving throw over all of them.

So, let's suppose, just for example, I get hit (somehow) by You Will Die, and then use Mind Over Matter.

Did I just deal 6D12 damage, for six conditions? Or 1D12, for one save-end throw?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 pm

a (save ends) condition is considered any effect(s) that are all part of the same (save ends). So You Will Die is a single condition for Mind Over Matter.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Ok! Just wondered. Given my preferred play style (versatility) it probably wouldn't come up often, but still...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 am

Question; am I correct in thinking that penalties to saving throws don't stack? Like, if you affect an enemy with You Will Die while you have a Shadow Wraith summon on the field, they only suffer a -3 penalty to saving throws, and not a -4 penalty?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 am

I have another question, and this is more about the forum than the game...

Could we possibly have a stickied thread for people who have an interesting campaign idea, but lack the time/skills/resources necessary to run it? This way, if someone else likes the idea enough to run it, they can. Or, at least, the suggester could get some opinions on how good of an idea it is.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:41 pm

I don't really see why that needs a sticky over anything else in the RP section.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Grey Pen wrote:I have another question, and this is more about the forum than the game...

Could we possibly have a stickied thread for people who have an interesting campaign idea, but lack the time/skills/resources necessary to run it? This way, if someone else likes the idea enough to run it, they can. Or, at least, the suggester could get some opinions on how good of an idea it is.

I do like the idea of the thread, but I also agree with Ramsus that there's no real need to sticky it.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Well fine then. I'll just go ahead and post it Razz
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 am

Paper Shadow wrote:Question; am I correct in thinking that penalties to saving throws don't stack? Like, if you affect an enemy with You Will Die while you have a Shadow Wraith summon on the field, they only suffer a -3 penalty to saving throws, and not a -4 penalty?

Right now, different save ends penalties will stack from different sources. So, in the above example they will have a -4 penalty to save ends. However, penalties will not stack from the same source. So two Shadow Wraiths do not provide a -2 penalty.

As an aside: Dan is really unsure if this is broken or not, and his first impulse is to say they don't stack at all. However, I love Save-Ends and we agreed to try the current plan detailed above. So, if you guys do end up breaking this, expect errata changes.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 am

One of my PCs can get up to 20 only saves from different sources.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 am

Shhhh... don't tell Dan... he might justifiably nerf it and I love stacking save ends Sad
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 am

So if I drop an enemy with an interrupt (like slashback) does the triggering attack still occur?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:12 am

thematthew wrote:So if I drop an enemy with an interrupt (like slashback) does the triggering attack still occur?
No. Before it makes the attack, you kill it. However, reactions are not so.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 am

Just making sure, the wording is vague.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:04 am

So, if I have a talisman of illness and use Dark Bargain. My friend uses benediction of maladies to transfer my DB effects.

Does the enemy get a penalty to saves? What if my partner has the talisman instead?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 am

You're partner's actually subjecting them to the conditions, so they would need the amulet
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 am

Nehiel Mori wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:Question; am I correct in thinking that penalties to saving throws don't stack? Like, if you affect an enemy with You Will Die while you have a Shadow Wraith summon on the field, they only suffer a -3 penalty to saving throws, and not a -4 penalty?

Right now, different save ends penalties will stack from different sources. So, in the above example they will have a -4 penalty to save ends. However, penalties will not stack from the same source. So two Shadow Wraiths do not provide a -2 penalty.

As an aside: Dan is really unsure if this is broken or not, and his first impulse is to say they don't stack at all. However, I love Save-Ends and we agreed to try the current plan detailed above. So, if you guys do end up breaking this, expect errata changes.
I'll keep that in mind...

New question though, does morale bonuses stack? For example, if someone uses Instant-Party, and then a second person uses Instant-Party as well, does a person who participates in both parties get a +2 morale boost? What if someone uses Party Everyday as well? Is it a +3 morale boost (all boosts stack), a +2 morale boost (the two Instant-Parties don't stack together, but Instant-Party and Party Everyday does), or just a +1 morale boost (no morale bonus stack)?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next