Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

+12
Yawnmon
Xel Unknown
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Grey Pen The Flawed
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
tygerburningbright
elfowlgirl
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
16 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 25 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 am

I don't think anyone cares too much. Otherwise we would need to use the pronoun "xe" in all ambiguous cases, which, while fun, removes a level of personableness that getting genders wrong gives. Very Happy
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 25 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 3:38 am

That's what xe said!
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Um Logan are you going to reply or anyone for that matter?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Oh, er. Waiting for others and I'm still wondering wether I should try to do it, since we do kind of have minimal time and I'd want the hour long bonus for It's witchcraft.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Er Silent would you be so kind to tell us the DC of the task?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 10:13 pm

that would kind of ruin the point of it.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Yea but you could be worrying about something that is a DC 15 or 20 and are kind of stalling the game...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Well, my point is that I, in character and out of character, don't want to just do it in a minute for the chance that my +15 hits the dc. Especially if it actually is high. And I'm not stalling the game...
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 14, 2013 10:23 pm

What are we waiting on then? I'm not sure how I could aid the roll. Unless you want me to use Laughter. But why would you want that you crazy people?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Either someone in character telling me to get it in gear, or magic points?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Oh, in that case, it would be nice if Belley would tell us if this is a roll that would even require MP expenditure before we all waste our MP for the day on it or such.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Uh... I'd be completely and utterly against that. Because, well, we WON'T know how a roll would be or not? Like, maybe "Oh no you're fine" but it's a dc 25 and I hit a nat 2.

I honestly am compeltely against any hints about a roll's possible difficulty :I
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Great we are at a clash of fundamental styles...

Wait a second Bell does this even need a roll?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Fundamental styles... what?
Tiger: Flat out tell us the DC. This ruins the whole point of trying to roll Because if it's too high I'll just give up on it.
Ramsus: Give us a hint if we need to magic point it. This sort of messes up the whole risk of trying to roll in the first place because, again, I'd rather wait to use the magic, or run off and
Me: No clues, which I guess is the minority choice because I'm being cautious and don't want help which is sort of stupid admittedly.

The thing though is that in character I'd still prefer doing the hour, day long thing before hand because he's not confidant in actual magic.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 pm

We kinda obviously don't have the time for him to take longer than 10 minutes of prep time for the spell.

Generally I would favor not telling us about the roll's difficulty except, at this point in time, we have no way in or out of character to gauge how much effort is reasonable to be putting in. And personally, I'd err on the side of caution and not potentially waste the party's MP on something that might have been easy when we might later run into something we'd recognize to be difficult.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue May 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Exactly. Right now, We're low on time in character, and Blood's not confidant enough in his magic to do it quickly. Sorry but he's going to delay and I'm not going to force my character to do something ic that he'd hesistate on. We're going to have to hold off on the thing unless he can do it while walking in the air above them.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 am

That very kind of unilateral, screw what the rest of the party thinks we should do, decision making is exactly why Tyger and I want some kind of indication of the difficulty of the task. It's clearly important we do this now, as we're pressed for time in character, and there is no foreseeable circumstance when we will have a day of downtime until after we would no longer need the spell to be cast at all. Thus, we want to know if it's easy enough for it to be done right now without MP being spent, or if we need to spend MP to do it now, which is pretty much the only opportunity that seems viable that we will have for this.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 am

I'm trying to act in character for blood. Sorry, but would you obey if I told you to have camellia do something she would be uncomfortable with? I'm a roleplayer by heart, and sorry if you don't feel that way, but I'm not going to make him do something that he'd be against doing. Because he doesn't believe he's good enough to do the magic while being safe
So, sorry, but feasibly unless Blood himself knows that what he'd do is perfectly viable as a task, he won't do it immediately, being careful and spending 10 minutes/ hour on it- which as you've said we don't have.

Also: "unilateral" Means that it only effects one person/one group. Blood refraining from rushing effects the entire group, the pony spirits, and even the world yes. But I can't deny that he'd do it out of fear.

Edit:
SilentBelle wrote:"It's not a terribly hard spell to cast, I trust it is well within your capabilities." He nods at Blood Mage.

Yeah, he might say that, but undoubtibly, Blood's afraid that it is. There's a reason for this, but that's in Blood's character backstory.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 15, 2013 12:16 am

"Unilateral (comparative more unilateral, superlative most unilateral)
1) Done by one side only
2) Affecting only one side of the body
3) Binding or affecting one party only"

That very kind of unilateral ... decision making

Please don't correct my word usage when you aren't going to bother to check if you're correct in assuming I'm wrong. Evil or Very Mad

There is only one situation where him doing it out of fear would be beneficial to the rest of the party. And that's if the rest of us are threatening him to do his job as party mage instead of hamstringing us by refusing to cast spells we need cast. That's not exactly the most pleasant route for this to go. (Though, I'm more in favor of that than wandering away from this scene without casting the spell at all and being without a resource that we need/would be greatly aid by later.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 am

"3) Binding or affecting one party only"
"only effects one person/one group."
I apologize that I had one of the definitions. However it still doesn't make sense to say this is unilateral.

Edit: Ah, sorry. Thanks for clarifying.

And blood Mage is a healer/Bard. Not mage even though it's his name.
Blood Mage's never said he was the party mage, that was Adam/Atom before he left. He got shoved into the role because our mage left, and it's not something he, in character, likes!
I'm sorry that my character isn't confidant in his magic, but like I've said? He's paranoid that he's not good enough, and that's been part of his thing for a while. He only does parlor tricks or healing with his blood, but anything else he's afraid he can't do. Because unicorns normally only do one type of spell and because it's part of his character.

Edit: I thought of the best reasoning in character for why Blood's not willing to do so unless he's extra careful.

It's asking a performance magician to cast actual ritualistic magic. Essentially the same as asking Houdini to perform Merlin-like magic. That's what Blood's thinking.

Double Edit: Dice were siding against me after weeks of rolling well. Under a DC 20 before Raven helped me.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 15, 2013 1:59 am

After we get an answer (or "no, not answering") from Belly, I'll throw in my MP if needed since Raven already did. In for a penny and all that...
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun May 19, 2013 1:37 pm

It nearly killed me to type this, but see this announcement, please: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t566-silentbelle-s-announcement#45811
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25