Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available)

+9
A1C Bronymous
thematthew
Caden2112
Appkes
Colter Bolt
Brony 7 of 9
Ramsus
deonte9109
Grey Pen The Flawed
13 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available) - Page 2 Empty Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 pm

The one point thing is more or less just a suggested edit for that racial to help un-nerf Changelings.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available) - Page 2 Empty Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available)

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Just throwing this out.
I...took a liking to the weapon-summoning talents.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Xel: Alright. Whatever floats your goat.

Hrm. Maybe we ought to have a Goat... nah. Better not.

Doc: It looks interesting... but I think a slight re-flavoring might change up your odds. Colter Bolt has a Changeling already on the Pending List, and if you can re-flavor it's probable you could both get in. Otherwise I might have to choose between the two of you.

Rather than you changing, I suggest having a magic artifact that changes into the appropriate weapon for the moment, perhaps depending on mood?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Tick-Tock the Clockwork Alicorn (work in progress)

Wanting to show you how it looks so far. About halfway done right now. Backstory and Combat Stats are left to add.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Adam Smash:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1MaYxXjvx1aRyGXIgi4Ufg-u-VDbsJIExBnw8-wO_FAw

He may be a standard pony, but I'd like to think he's rather original. Plus, he is undeniably a gentlestallion.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Grey Pen wrote:I'm not unwilling to work a Blank-Flank, she just needs the right flavor, with perhaps some minor octane boosts.

Ooh! Maybe she could be similar to Dorian Grey, from the movie I'm making fun of!

Hmmm. I am a fan of Dorian Grey. I suppose I could scrap Citrus as a character and do that. And I suppose I'm not 100% opposed to powering her up a bit- but then, if she has magic painting age defying powers, one would assume she would have found a cutie mark by now, so that kind of lessens the point of what I'm going for.

Then again, if we're doing 8 points for races instead of 6, then I can actually put together a working variant of my other guy. Decisions...

I'll try to put together both and submit them in a timely fashion. But I would prefer to play the blankflank.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available) - Page 2 Empty bonr

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Xel: Lookin' good! Tick Tock is pending.

Z2: We'll see... Pending.

Bronymous: I didn't quite mean to flavor Citrus as Dorian; though it does sound attractive. I merely meant a young filly who is quite invulnerable to harm. But I don't know, it sounds plausible; you said she has intentionally avoided finding her Cutie Mark? Maybe her spell says she begins to age once she acquires it, and has intentionally avoided finding it for that reason, so she quite literally never has to grow up. That could go in some interesting directions. But hey, whatever you want.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 pm

By the way. To the newer people. I suggest you format your flavor to include the orgiral name on the doc, just so we can easy find out what level of flavor you've added and stuff.

Edit: Finally done with Tick-Tock, other then flavor, but that can wait. Will get to the PMing more of the Mare's unknown history asap. In fact it can even be something you make as we go Grey if you want. :3

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Bronymous: I didn't quite mean to flavor Citrus as Dorian; though it does sound attractive. I merely meant a young filly who is quite invulnerable to harm. But I don't know, it sounds plausible; you said she has intentionally avoided finding her Cutie Mark? Maybe her spell says she begins to age once she acquires it, and has intentionally avoided finding it for that reason, so she quite literally never has to grow up. That could go in some interesting directions. But hey, whatever you want.

Citrus hasn't avoided finding her Cutie Mark, moreso she has just been too preoccupied to stumble across it- she's not a CMC. But I meant that Dorian grey is rather old, and a pony with similar abilities would also probably be quite old, and one would hope she would have found it by now. Citrus is (or would be) a typical school filly, so fitting her to Grey powers would potentially compromise her identity (what would be her identity), which is why I mentioned just putting a new name and face to the idea. But this wouldn't be the first time one of my characters has ended up outside of what I thought they'd be.

Like I said, give me a few days to shuffle around the details, and I'll put up her and Phoenix to judge. I may put up what I have in the way of backstory for Phoenix later tonight, just to give you an idea.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 am

Alright, I modified my character sheet a bit:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1MaYxXjvx1aRyGXIgi4Ufg-u-VDbsJIExBnw8-wO_FAw

I tried to add a bit more flavor. I altered his battle skills, both names and description texts, to be gadget-based; +Pip items focusing on generating electric charge, and -Pip items unleashing electricity. I also added a paragraph of backstory to explain why he might have such things. In addition, I disambiguated things a bit; I added the type of skill each item was, and put the original ability names in parentheses after each ability. I did not add the full descriptions of the old skills, because that would take a lot of space and only convey the same information again.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 am

Bronymous: Like I said, take your time. I'm in no rush at all.

Z2: Nicely done. I like the Rainbow Grenades best, I might have to steal those, lol. Might I also propose a Tazer? A Tazer sounds like the sort of thing Atom would have.

Also, my note on It's Over?

"Atom SMASH!"

I'm sorry. But you had that one coming sooner or later, and you know it :p
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 am

A taser might be a nice touch, character wise, but I don't really know of any appropriately complementary abilities I could use that might make a decent taser (that I'd sacrifice one of my current abilities for).

Unless you're offering me a free 9th combat ability? Wink
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:10 am

Alright, I'm gonna go to sleep right now, but I'll make a character after I finally wake up.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 am

Um... We are at six players you know. Let's get the show on the road then?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 am

Not quite Xel. I have 6 players being considered. Even if I took the six (or more) that I've got now and ran away, I'm not quite ready to get started in any case.

Yes, that means some of you are going to be disappointed. I'll refrain from saying who for now, as (A) I don't know for sure yet and (B) I want no squabbling over it. I'll make the decision, and once it's made it's made.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:12 am

Then could you at least make sure to have it clear that we're all "pending" as you say and not fully in this campaign?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:35 am

Now I'm fully done adding flavor to Tick-Tock.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:38 am

Grey Pen wrote:I'm not gonna take just any ol' six characters to come along. I'm looking for two things here:

First off, flavor. If there are two similar character builds, I'm going to lean more towards the more interesting one.

And secondly, effectiveness. If there are two similar concepts, I'm going to take the one that seems more useful, or would fit in better.

I want some variety in this venture; if there's two people who want to be a 2/7ths Draconequus, for instance, that's fine... but only one of them will get picked. Generally the one that's more interesting.

You'll hear from me if Celestia approves.

The Pending List

Note: These guys are NOT accepted. They are merely being considered. Given the rate entries are coming in at, they have pretty high prospects; but they are not assured.

Meet...

Mgeni by deonte9109

Wishful Thinking by Colter Bolt

Glenda by Caden2112

Tick-Tock by Xel Unknown

Fluegel by Doc pseudopolis

Atom Smash by Z2

Grey Pen wrote:((To deonte:))I'll get you on the Pending List though. Once I make one that is.

Grey Pen wrote:((To Colter Bolt:))Interesting... I'll put you on the Mental Pending List.

Which I will edit into the first post, once I figure out how to make me new smartphone copy and paste.

Grey Pen wrote:Caden: she looks good. You are now Pending!

Grey Pen wrote: Xel: Lookin' good! Tick Tock is pending.

Z2: We'll see... Pending.

Like this Xel?

Thank you for your gift of flavor, BTW. I'll take a look right after I get my goats milked.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am

Yeah, didn't notice that till after I made that post... >.>
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 pm

It's okay, everyone derps once in a while.

In other news, I have tasted your flavors. And I like it!

Although, a visual description, or better yet a portrait if you have one, would be awfully nice.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 pm

I got even a little more flavor on the combat talents... I'll try to get some artwork. But not sure who can do good clockwork bot art. And I no artist.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CfhVfq3nkWgfC-Mnq8IYYIaBEVMb7X_d2Ih4oLH9xAg/edit#

Alright, now that I know that slots are on the line, this is what I have right now for Phoenix. The picture, and everything starting at his Element are placeholders, and are unfinished. I gave a little (as in microscopic) taste of his backstory and flavoring, which I will plausibly explain or add to in the future, mostly for reference or clarity (though, honestly, at this point I'd need a wiki to adequately classify, chronicle, and clarify everything worked out for him). If you have any questions now about anything and everything about him, feel free to ask.

Take note of his traits, I used 8 points, it seemed like you were going to allow that. If not, then I can change it. Also take note of Changeling's trickery. I am waiting on a clarification on something related to that, but there is a secondary racial list that I put together for if/when I use it.

Overall he's a bit... strained to fit the system. Fireborn is little different then what it would be, for extra realism he'd need 9 Lives ( which would then still be underpowed compared to what he can actually do, and the limitations make him a little skewed in his own timeline, but that's all nitpicky from my end. Now I get to try and sort out his combat abilities into talents, though, so that should be fun.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 pm

We've got nothing on canon saying that Phoenix's have more then one life, only that they end up sometimes looking kinda sickly and then burst into flames and reform out of the ashes. Far as we know it might just be more of a type of Transformation then anything "death" related.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeah but the character, Phoenix, is not an actual Phoenix, and especially not an MLP Phoenix. He has (4 times, by my count) died before, and what happens is he spends a week in "hell" and then comes back to life (prior to Ascension and then being capable of nullifying death anyway). 9 Lives is the closest thing the game has to that kind of thing.

For more info on the "Rite of the Phoenixborn", please press #.

Oh yeah, and the Racial thing was clarified, so I'll be sure to drop in the Demon and Pegasus Racial sets when I complete the sheet.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 pm

By what is with this topic and making me just do total derp posts? I mean I really just made my post before looking over your character... XD

Smart move there Xel... >.>
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next