Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masterpiece of War

3 posters

Go down

Masterpiece of War Empty Masterpiece of War

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Traits inspired by the Art of War expansion!

Dual Wield
Conjure Weapon moves do not vanish when you Conjure a weapon. You can conjure and use 2 weapons at the same time.

Weapon Master
Conjure Weapon moves cost 1 Pip's less to cast.

Weapon Flexibility
When you Conjure a Weapon, pick two non-conjure 'Utility' moves. You can use these two moves in addition to the weapon's moves.

Dangerous Weapon Flexibility
Prerequisites: Dangerous, Weapon Flexibility
When you Conjure a Weapon, pick three non-conjure 'Utility' moves. You can use these three moves in addition to the weapon's moves.

Faster, the Better.
Deal +3 damage if your at the top of the initiative order, +2 if your second and +1 if your third.

Sunder
Whenever you inflict Vulnerability on an enemy, increase that Vulnerability by 1

Weakening Daze
Whenever you daze an enemy, it is also weakened. Whenever you weaken an enemy, it is also dazed

Special Master
Select a second Special Move. When you successfully score a crit, you can choose to activate one special move or the other. Not both.

Epic Move
Requirement: Special Master
When you score a crit, you can activate the effects of both special moves.

Keen
Crit's activate on the highest roll and the highest roll -1.

Mutli-attack
Whenever your roll more than one die during an attack, increase your damage by one for each die rolled.

Energy Regeneration
Requirement: Level 5
At the end of your turn, you gain 1 PiP

Double Stack
Trigger: You flip a coin
Effect: Heads, gain 5 life. Tails, deal 3 damage to target enemy

Shrug it off.
You gain Resist 1, stackable.

Shockwaves
Attacks that hit adjacent creature's deals an extra 1d8 damage to the adjacent creatures.

Booooooooring.
Whenever you inflict a (save ends) effect on yourself, gain 3 life.

My sacrifices shall never be in vain!
Whenever you lose health due to your own move. Inflict half that much damage to target enemy. This does not work with the effect of All or Nothing.

The greatest offensive, is a strong defense!
Whenever an enemy attacks you but you take no damage. Gain 1 Pip.

Status Attack
When a move says 'If you roll a X or higher' where X is a number. Reduce X by 1.

Defender's Retribution
Whenever you take damage instead of an ally, inflict half of that damage back at the enemy.

Fast Healer
Increase any healing done to you by 4. Increase any regeneration you gain by 2.

Weapon Swap
Once per battle, if you are using a conjured weapon, you can swap that weapon you currently have for a different weapon for a minor action.

Ki Healing
Whenever you give an ally a Pip, then gain 3 health per PiP. Whenever you heal an ally, they gain 1 PiP.

Share the Pain
When an enemy takes ongoing damage, deal equal damage to all other enemies divided by the number of enemies. The result cannot be less then 1.

Reflective Resistance
Whenever you are hit while you have Resist, deal half the Resist rounded down to the enemy that hit you.

Prolong Effect
Whenever you inflict a non-save ends status, extended the status by an extra 1 turn.

Worst Aid
Whenever an attack also heals you and/or an ally, increase the damage and healing done by 3

Super Movement
When you give an ally a Standard Action, that ally gains 1 PiP and deals 2 extra damage during that action.

Poisonous Betrayal
Whenever you make an enemy hit an enemy, increase the damage done by 3.

Bloodlust
Deal 2 extra damage to bloodied creatures

Capitalize on the Weakness
Whenever you deal damage to a creature with a (save ends) effect, deal 1 additional damage for each (save ends) effect on the creature and their next saving roll has a -1 bonus for each (save ends) effect on the creature.

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Masterpiece of War Empty Re: Masterpiece of War

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Double-Stack is too easily broken when combined with things that trigger it frequently, like:
Double Stack, I meant to do that, talent version I meant to do that.

Whenever you roll a 1, you gain 10 life or deal 6 damage to an enemy seems a bit strong for an ability with no pre-reqs. Then again, I guess all that does is emulate Keen and Extra Critical on a weird reversed way, so I dunno.

Also, "My sacrifices" doesn't need the caveat: All or Nothing doesn't damage, it sets you HP to a certain amount.

Weapon Master is also probably broken, but without playtesting the Weapons, I can't say that 100% just yet. I feel the weapons are pretty broken as-is, but allowing a Gather Energy into one as a minor action the same Turn 1activate is pushing it.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:48 pm

I'll have to check the abilities you mentioned with double stack as well as get a new name for it.

The note on 'my sacrifices is there to make things Crystal clear.

I guess weapon master can be 1 less pip instead of 2
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Double-Stack is too easily broken when combined with things that trigger it frequently, like:
Double Stack, I meant to do that, talent version I meant to do that.

Whenever you roll a 1, you gain 10 life or deal 6 damage to an enemy seems a bit strong for an ability with no pre-reqs. Then again, I guess all that does is emulate Keen and Extra Critical on a weird reversed way, so I dunno.

Actually, with Double Stack, I meant to do that & its talent means you get 2 Pip's, 5 life & 2 temp or 3 damage to an enemy... oh and it Double Stack depends on result of the triggering coin flip, doesn't have its own coin flip.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 pm

A lot of these are great concepts, and very helpful for me when I finally get a chance to sit down and work on the redo of the traits (which haven't been touched since their first beta and, right now, are not appropriately balanced).

I'll write a trait-by-trait review of them once I get time to start working on that. I still need to work out the final elements of the balance formula first before I can give comprehensive feedback.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm

I see... hmmm that is a shame. Through, I guess understandable. Also explains why you hadn't given traits an expansion pack, while talents have gotten 2.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum