Eldritch talents

Go down

Eldritch talents

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

I know I posted this before....

Eldritch talents incorporate the Sanity Meter in some way. Maybe they cost sanity points, or maybe they leech sanity off a target, or maybe they can only be used at certain sanity levels. Whatever the reason, these things affect the mind directly.

Already, the Want It Need It talent (at time of this writing) can be classified as Eldritch...
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eldritch talents

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 am

Masterweaver wrote:I know I posted this before....

Eldritch talents incorporate the Sanity Meter in some way. Maybe they cost sanity points, or maybe they leech sanity off a target, or maybe they can only be used at certain sanity levels. Whatever the reason, these things affect the mind directly.

Already, the Want It Need It talent (at time of this writing) can be classified as Eldritch...

By this definition, it is Eldritch, but it's also unicorn. Do I just post it here as well or what?
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 am

Let's mark that as a maybe. I'm pretty sure there's going to be more eldritch Unicorn talents then the other two races, given how magical they are.
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 pm

As copy pasted:

Want It, Need It -1/session
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
An object of your choice (pony size or smaller) within your sight becomes irresistible to all who see it, save for you. Victims will do almost anything to get and keep the object, although if they are about to perform a major breach of their moral standards, the spell is broken. You can terminate the spell whenever you wish so long as you have line of sight; otherwise, the effect lasts for 1d20 hours. Due to the immensely violating and mind-altering nature of the spell, affected ponies must make a Perception check to avoid losing a Sanity Point for every hour they are affected by the spell.
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 pm

And another copy post!

Pedestrian Parade - Daily
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Prerequisite: Melodic Musical
Your songs become so majestic, they cause all neutral and friendly creatures within its hearing range to join you in song. The song lasts 5 minutes (real time). Unfriendly creatures can make a horse-sense check to prevent joining the song. Every participant of the song is pacified and friendly for its duration, cannot suffer from sanity loss, and cannot be harmed. All skill checks during this time are boosted by the number of participants. If the song has at least 50 participants, you can perform a single cutie mark critical success at will.

EDIT: And one from me!

Nightmare
While using this talent, you cannot use magic points or be affected by talents that require magic points. Every minute you use this talent, you lose a sanity point. Gain +3 to all rolls.
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum