Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

+5
Grey Pen The Flawed
deonte9109
Whiteeyes
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 am

One more thing... do we have In-Character access to the records/footage/whatever of other people's battles?

Because, if so, I suspect Curunir and Iron Mane are gonna end up constantly trying to out-do each other's entries.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 am

From what I'm planning, everyone's going to be able to watch what eachother did in the day. But you don't know about until you get the time to either watch a "recording" or if your lucky enough to be free to watch the live event in question. In fact I might just allow crazy time shangagins... Where your two characters WATCH eachothers events live and learn about them! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I've been thinking about the problem of One-on-One combat with how the system is built. And I think I've figured out an answer. There will be a "combat dummy" always in play. AOEs will hit it, and if you wish you can choose to target the dummy... Now hitting the dummy will be very context sensitive... It's an inherent wild-card that the only factoid even I'm 100% sure of is that the whoever gets more hits off on the dummy gets more bonus exp. Also scoring Crits when hitting the dummy will cause something EXTRA good to happen in a way that doesn't dirently effect the battle in question. Also doing a single target attack on the dummy SHOULD do some level of help to the combat that is happening in question. Also I'm thinking of having the KO -> Coma -> Died system when hitting 0 HP and stuff to be a bit different. Being KOed in this campaign doesn't mean you've lost. You only can't rejoin combat after you hit -15, and you'll only become a non-targable after spending one full round in said coma state. I'm not 100% sure how I'll be working being KOed... Most likely will just allow you all to get a second and a third wind in combat. I think I'll max it at 4 self-returns that'll only happen at higher levels, and being /healed/ by an ally or something doesn't count as a use of these "Second Winds" by the way. The first second wind will be mostly free to use.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 pm

This set of additions is because of the other PVP curbstomp battle?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah... Was thinking of doing something like this regardless... But the fact that what I nickname the Auto-Blasstia combo was just so dam good... TOO good one could say.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:23 am

Whatever happened to this? I understand there haven't been enough players... one would think we could get a few more of those...
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:42 am

The sun has yet to set on this campaign it is just behind a cloud at the moment...

Yea we need more players to start.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:50 pm

I've only had THREE people wanta join... And one of those is missing last I checked. Was hoping to get a good deal of more people wanting to join this crazyness akin to nine-ish myself would be best. But without more people and Grey Pen returning to play.... *shurgs*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:43 am

Well, I'm sure I could scrounge up one of my characters and throw them into this campaign if you need a few extra combatants... I'll have to read the whole thread before making judgements but I am open to the idea.

Story makes me think of a pony version of Twisted Metal, sans vehicles, which is hilarious to me since I read a fanfic where Discord becomes Calypso...

Ahem. Anyway.

Yeah I know I'm overextending myself but I don't think I'm going to land a place in Hayate's campaign so I'll have an extra character on hand...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 am

I might join in. Being new, I'll need more practice with the system so a basic tourney seems to be as good a place for that as any.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:13 am

Feel free to build anything you want. In fact if anything I suggest building the more wild and crazy things for this campaign. It'd fit in with everybody is from different worlds and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 am

Was going to build a robo pony but seeing the group has one I'm wondering if I could run this Diamond Dog race concept: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t271p15-ever-heard-of-the-diamond-dogs-david-bowie-has#38110 If allowed, I figured it would be a good way to test it out and mix things up. Been busy at work plus I was working on the robo pony offline so I'll need to redo some things as I switch concepts.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:20 am

I suggest using Genetic Engineering doc and just pic out whatever Racials you'd want for the character. Other then that build whatever you wish. :3

Just I prefer having more different types of players then a fully robotic grouping.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

First draft of my character for this, Sweet Julienne. May redo her image to make her hair a little more orange but I think I've got the primary info needed.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Um... You forgot to hit the blue button on your doc page to allow everyone with the link to see your sheet. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Blasted newfangled technology. >_>
Fixed (I think).
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3