An Arctic Advent - IC

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Yawnmon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:56 am

LoganAura wrote:He looks around and catches sight of a small dragon. "Oh, another cold blooded creature. I hope he isn't freezing" Blood trots over and leans down with a soft smile. "Hello there. I'm Mage. What's your name my good child?"
"Who me?" Nihil says turning to face the curious red pony. "Umm.. Nihil's my name, and don't think I'm a kid just cause I'm still a dragonling. Us dragons are considered *fingerquotes* babies until we're 25 you know? And we're not called adults till we reach 100 years old!" After a moment he lowers his guard a bit and a bit of a guilty look spreads across his face. "Uh, sorry. Didn't mean to take that out on you. Nice to meet you uh, Mage... Say, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this "Frost Race" thing would ya?" he says pointing to the poster he'd just finished reading.
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 am

"Glad to meetcha kiddo. I don't know anything about this 'frost race...'" Blood looks at the poster and smiles. "But I do know that I can't turn down free food. Want to sign up with me?" Blood holds out a hoof with a small smile.

_________________
Active Games:
AoH2, where the party is climbing an endless tower. Primarily because I've been sick during campaign days.
Ponysona 4, Where all heck's breaking lose
Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.


Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
avatar
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 2925
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 23
Location : Mass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Yawnmon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:26 am

Nihil doesn't take Mage's hoof in his claw but he does smile and say, "Yeah sure, why not. Could be a bit of fun if everybody doesn't crash right out of the starting line." He starts fiddling with one of his rings again which you can see has three miniature rubies inside a silver band. "So where can we find this guy. Captain Ebonblade... Cool name."
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 am

Blood looks around, one of his Hemo-hands, a tendril of blood that has a claw-like potrusion, subconciously rubbing his chin as he tries to find anypony that might fit the name 'ebonblade'. The hemo hand makes a pair of binoculars as Blood looks. "Where oh where has ebonblade gone. Oh where oh where could they be..." he hums softly.

Spoiler:
1d20+8 Perception to find Ebonblade. 19+8=27 OH COME ON WHY THE HELL AM I WASTING THE GOOD ROLLS

_________________
Active Games:
AoH2, where the party is climbing an endless tower. Primarily because I've been sick during campaign days.
Ponysona 4, Where all heck's breaking lose
Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.


Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
avatar
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 2925
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 23
Location : Mass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:51 am

Camellia, having seen the poster a bit earlier, had snuck off to find a secluded spot to change forms into a (still all black) Minotaur as she wanted to be in a form that would be a decent runner and still get a meal of meat of some kind, only to return to check the name on the poster to see the creepy blood thing a couple feet away from where she was standing. "What the buck?" she accidentally said aloud.


The minotaur is female, therefore cute. See the Joker's campaign for my logic about this. Also, pardon the temporal manipulation but, it was the only thing I could think of that worked well in character.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Yawnmon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:12 am

"Wow dude. That's some cool looking magic ya got there." He looks around the market place himself for a bit before noticing a black minotaur girl not far away from them that he didn't see before. He nudges Mage a bit, points at her and says, "Hey think that's her? Shes got ebony fur."
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:21 am

Blood not so subtly disspates the hemokinetic claw. "W-what magic?" He chuckles. "But possibly not. Although that minotaur looks nice, she's probably not a local. Lack of a fitting cloak and all that." Blood tries to get the focus off him, not even bothering with wether or not he's right with that sight.

_________________
Active Games:
AoH2, where the party is climbing an endless tower. Primarily because I've been sick during campaign days.
Ponysona 4, Where all heck's breaking lose
Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.


Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
avatar
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 2925
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 23
Location : Mass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 am

Camellia rolls her eyes at the denial of creepy magic and responds to Nihil, "You know I can hear you right? And don't you know it's rude to point? Who is it I'm supposed to be or not to be now?"
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Yawnmon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 am

"Oh, uh, sorry miss." Nihil says hiding his claws behind his back and looking a bit embarrassed. "We just saw this thing about a race that's going on and it says we need to talk to 'Captain Ebonblade'. You wouldn't happen to know where we can find him or her would you?"
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 am

"Ah, so that was the name. Not a clue. I was thinking of signing up for the race myself. Though only for the free meal really. I guess you two are doing the same?" Camellia replied.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Caden2112 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:53 am

SilentBelle wrote:]"Oh, that there big piece of metal armour. Reinforced plating. Haven't found a buyer for that in the three years since I made it," he says with a sigh, "yeah, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to part ways with it piece by piece, aren't too many bears now-a-days, three years ago there were many more... what piece do you want?"

Carn thought for a moment...three years, huh? He might be willing to part with it for cheap, but then again...Well, no need to push his luck just yet. "To be fair, I'm more interested in the helmet...Good head protection's hard to find, as I'm sure you well know...Though, I might be willing to take the rest of the set off your hands for the right price..."
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 am

Glenrir wanders the fair, eyes every so often drifting back to the hunk of blackrock at center stage. Even though he knew it wasn't dangerous, deep down, it was hard to kick a racially ingrained fear of the thing. Even if the snow all around probably made him more or less fireproof.

Wait, snow. That was it. He could simply avoid the fire in the snow! There was some sort of arctic marathon last year, maybe they were doing it again. Then he would be participating in the city's events like he was supposed to for Lu'Pine, while at the same time keeping distance from that inferno waiting to happen. Genius. Though where to go...?

The timber wolf's ribbon hopped and bobbed as he paced through the area, not too interested in shops. He could eat, but these bits were his valuable pay, and he didn't intend on parting with them easily. It would be a struggle of bardic proportions before they would be parted. Or another ribbon. The fillies in that one farm liked this ribbon, another might be nice. But not now. A race was to be found!

...Oh, there's a flyer for it. 16:00... Find Captain Ebonblade. Huh. Well that isn't exactly straightforward, now is it? He could be anywhere. And the flyer isn't even scented to track him. Oh well, it was kind of popular last year if he remembered properly, which isn't always, spry as mahogany he was, but if he he right, there should be a bit of a crowd for signups. He may have only seen the captain once or twice, but his face escapes him. These ponies sometimes still all look the same, colours mashing into a muddled rainbow of nondescript anonymity.

Well, looking randomly and hoping for luck was always a good route to go!

roll:
Streetsmarts to encounter him:
Roll(1d20)+8:
7,+8
Total:15
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Yawnmon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:20 am

Ramsus wrote:"Ah, so that was the name. Not a clue. I was thinking of signing up for the race myself. Though only for the free meal really. I guess you two are doing the same?" Camellia replied.
"Heh, yeah. To be honest I'm not even sure what kind of race it is though. Could be a regular foot race, a sled race, an ice skating race, or maybe even a flying race. We're apparently gonna go check it out though." Nihil looks the minotaur over trying to assess if she'd be fast or not. "Think ya might wanna come have a look with us? My name's Nihil by the way."
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 am

"Well, if it's a flying race I think I'm out of luck. Though you think it would say if it was. I was planning on checking it out anyway, I suppose I may as well do so in your company. You may call me...." There is a visible pause here as Camellia hadn't actually expected to speak this much to anypony. "Blackwell." Really!? Blackwell? Because you happened to spot an old well and you're currently black? Way to think on your paws Camellia! Good grief!She thought to herself mockingly.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am

SilentBelle wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:
"You said the price was 10 bits or am I mistaken?"

"Indeed I did, but to one who appreciates the spirits of the southern lands, nine will suffice," he says with a grand smile.

"Thank you kind sir." Wave Rider picks the bottle and walks away all without picking up the extra money. It is still too early to be starting drinking. There must be something to do in this Backwater town.
roll:
streetwise Roll(1d20)+13:
10,+13
Total:23
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Blood Mage looks to the side. "I am Mage. My first name is rather stupid, though." He goes back to looking.

_________________
Active Games:
AoH2, where the party is climbing an endless tower. Primarily because I've been sick during campaign days.
Ponysona 4, Where all heck's breaking lose
Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.


Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
avatar
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 2925
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 23
Location : Mass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 pm

"Uh ok. Nice to meet you Rather Stupid Mage? I guess. You should think about a nickname." Camellia replied.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Blood laughs. "No, my name isn't 'rather stupid'. I just don't like it and consider it that."

_________________
Active Games:
AoH2, where the party is climbing an endless tower. Primarily because I've been sick during campaign days.
Ponysona 4, Where all heck's breaking lose
Saint Trotez: Where Snipe is paranoid and snarked at Snarl.
Satisfying Values (Hiatus): Mic is chasing after a Glitch.


Retired or inactive Games:
Too many to count.
avatar
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 2925
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 23
Location : Mass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  SilentBelle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:40 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood looks around, one of his Hemo-hands, a tendril of blood that has a claw-like potrusion, subconciously rubbing his chin as he tries to find anypony that might fit the name 'ebonblade'. The hemo hand makes a pair of binoculars as Blood looks. "Where oh where has ebonblade gone. Oh where oh where could they be..." he hums softly.

Spoiler:
1d20+8 Perception to find Ebonblade. 19+8=27 OH COME ON WHY THE HELL AM I WASTING THE GOOD ROLLS

Together with Nihil and Blackwell, you make your way across the market and come across a Gryphon, who seems to match the description. He has almost purely soot coloured feathers and has a long black scabbard held fast in the belt of his guard uniform. He looks a little displeased, as if this task were beneath him, as he stands upon the other side of metal table. You can see a line of a few other folk as they seem to be signing some sort of documents before being presented with a piece of cloth.

Caden2112 wrote:
Carn thought for a moment...three years, huh? He might be willing to part with it for cheap, but then again...Well, no need to push his luck just yet. "To be fair, I'm more interested in the helmet...Good head protection's hard to find, as I'm sure you well know...Though, I might be willing to take the rest of the set off your hands for the right price..."

"Well, that there is quality craftsmanship, it's sure to keep you protected. I suppose I could sell you just the helm. I'd part with it for 500 gold," he offers and shows the piece to you. Under your experienced eye, you determine that it's a fairly sound piece of equipment.

(OOC: I rolled a perception check for you... and you were able to discern that the helm would have the following stats:
Item Type: Trinket
3 Times per battle, as an immediate interrupt you may use the following combat talent
[0] Skull Block - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger: You would take 5 or more damage from an attack
Flip a coin: If you win the flip, take half of the damage instead)

"The choice is yours."

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Glenrir wanders the fair, eyes every so often drifting back to the hunk of blackrock at center stage. Even though he knew it wasn't dangerous, deep down, it was hard to kick a racially ingrained fear of the thing. Even if the snow all around probably made him more or less fireproof.

Wait, snow. That was it. He could simply avoid the fire in the snow! There was some sort of arctic marathon last year, maybe they were doing it again. Then he would be participating in the city's events like he was supposed to for Lu'Pine, while at the same time keeping distance from that inferno waiting to happen. Genius. Though where to go...?

The timber wolf's ribbon hopped and bobbed as he paced through the area, not too interested in shops. He could eat, but these bits were his valuable pay, and he didn't intend on parting with them easily. It would be a struggle of bardic proportions before they would be parted. Or another ribbon. The fillies in that one farm liked this ribbon, another might be nice. But not now. A race was to be found!

...Oh, there's a flyer for it. 16:00... Find Captain Ebonblade. Huh. Well that isn't exactly straightforward, now is it? He could be anywhere. And the flyer isn't even scented to track him. Oh well, it was kind of popular last year if he remembered properly, which isn't always, spry as mahogany he was, but if he he right, there should be a bit of a crowd for signups. He may have only seen the captain once or twice, but his face escapes him. These ponies sometimes still all look the same, colours mashing into a muddled rainbow of nondescript anonymity.

Well, looking randomly and hoping for luck was always a good route to go!

roll:
Streetsmarts to encounter him:
Roll(1d20)+8:
7,+8
Total:15

After a while of listening in on conversations, you hear two friends talking to each other, a pegasus and a unicorn.

"So did ya sign up for the race?" the pegasus asks.

"Yeah, I did, though Ebonblade was giving me a hard time, he doesn't seem to appreciate submissions on the day of, it seems."

"That's no surprise, he hates when he can't go around pretending he's some sort of knight and pretend to protect lady Hope. So did you sign up?"

"Nah, there's no flying, I wouldn't stand a chance. I'll go and cheer you on though."

With a bit of inference from that conversation, you notice the gryphon who must be Ebonblade. He's wearing a scowl as group of folk approach him, one's a unicorn with a red cloak of many shades, one's a small dark dragon, and the other, an equally dark minotaur.

tygerburningbright wrote:
"Thank you kind sir." Wave Rider picks the bottle and walks away all without picking up the extra money. It is still too early to be starting drinking. There must be something to do in this Backwater town.
roll:
streetwise Roll(1d20)+13:
10,+13
Total:23

With a keen bit of insight, you over hear a conversation between a pegasus and a unicorn:

"So did ya sign up for the race?" the pegasus asks.

"Yeah, I did, though Ebonblade was giving me a hard time, he doesn't seem to appreciate submissions on the day of, it seems."

"That's no surprise, he hates when he can't go around pretending he's some sort of knight and pretend to protect lady Hope. So did you sign up?"

"Nah, there's no flying, I wouldn't stand a chance. I'll go and cheer you on though," the pegasus assures her friend. "So, are you looking forward to tonight? Can you believe it? There's actually going to be a performance this time, a whole troupe, all the way from the south. I mean the fireworks last year were a treat, but this will definitely be the most memorable Festival of Ice."

“That's just because you love theatrics,” her friend says with a roll of his eyes, “the fireworks were definitely the best we've ever seen. And who knows if any of these southerners can even perform in the cold? I bet they'll just stay cooped up in their wooden carts, trying to stay warm. They're just wusses.”

“Oh, come on, how can you say that? You never even met them.”

Their conversation passes out of your hearing and you are quickly able to pick out Ebonblade, the surly looking gryphon who seems iritated by the influx of new folk making their way to the sign-up table.
avatar
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Gender : Male
Posts : 1162
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 30
Location : Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Caden2112 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:15 pm

A little too rich for his blood...Rather, a lot too rich for his blood at the moment...He probably -could- just take it, but it seemed like a pointless thing to do, and he set the helm back down, thinking. "Definitely a fine piece...Perhaps later. I'll be sure to keep this in mind, though. Thank you for your time." He nodded, lumbering off...It was a pity, he -had- wanted that helm, but he simply didn't have the money for it. He glanced around as he moved, looking for something interesting...He thought he'd seen a flier for some kind of race...that might be interesting, either as a participant or a spectator!

Spoiler:
Streetwise roll, to jump on the 'finding out about the race and where to sign up' bandwagon. Razz
1d20+9 = 12+9 = 21.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

After storeing the wine within her cloak Wave Rider contemplates what to do. Wait for the actors or sign up for the race? There is no chance for them to be an opera troup and it has been too long since the last time I went running... Wave Rider walks to the back of the group waiting to sign up.


Last edited by tygerburningbright on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  SilentBelle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Caden2112 wrote:A little too rich for his blood...Rather, a lot too rich for his blood at the moment...He probably -could- just take it, but it seemed like a pointless thing to do, and he set the helm back down, thinking. "Definitely a fine piece...Perhaps later. I'll be sure to keep this in mind, though. Thank you for your time." He nodded, lumbering off...It was a pity, he -had- wanted that helm, but he simply didn't have the money for it. He glanced around as he moved, looking for something interesting...He thought he'd seen a flier for some kind of race...that might be interesting, either as a participant or a spectator!

Spoiler:
Streetwise roll, to jump on the 'finding out about the race and where to sign up' bandwagon. Razz
1d20+9 = 12+9 = 21.

Indeed, you had seen a flier, double-checking it, and with a quick question to some nearby shoppers, you are pointed in the direction of an ever-growing line in front of a table.

tygerburningbright wrote:After storeing the wine within her cloak Wave Rider contemplates what to do. Wait for the actors or sign up for the race? There is no chance for them to be an opera troup and it has been too long since the last time I went running... Wave Rider walks to the back of the back of the group waiting to sign up.

You notice the gryphon rolls his eyes at your approach but quickly brings his glance back to the group he's dealing with.
avatar
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Gender : Male
Posts : 1162
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 30
Location : Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Caden2112 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Carn chuckled...This would be good, he could see all sorts of beings in the line...After a moment of thought, he moved to join the line, hoping to join in if he could, though he didn't know how many would be allowed...Still, it was worth a shot, plus it was a chance to prove himself against all these competitors...He should have jumped in on this sooner, he could hardly wait now...!
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Yawnmon on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 am

Looking around at everyone in the area. Some ponies, a polar bear, a weird ... wood-wolf thing, and oh look a griffon! "Well I guess that's our ... griffon. There's a lot of different races gathering for this huh? Perfect for a good race...." Nihil gave a half-smile hoping someone would laugh at his admittedly bad joke as he stepped in the sign up line.
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:36 am

Camellia just gave Nihil a blank stare and turned to the griffon and said flatly, "I think what he means is that we'd like to sign up."
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum