Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 3 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 am

Blood Mage just face-tendrils and hops into the back of the line.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 am

Glenrir waits his turn in line, giving a little kinda-chirp at the pun of the dragon directly in front of him. "I almost barked a laugh at that one." He puns in return down at the shadow dragon, his voice hollow and with a little bit of a creak. It makes sense that there would be advance sign-ups and doing it now would be annoying. After all, food was offered so it would be hard to calculate how many would be showing up, they could run out. The bits were really his desire though. It was like a month's disposable income.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 am

LoganAura wrote:Blood Mage just face-tendrils and hops into the back of the line.

Teetotaler Mage we meet again.Hm you appear to be bleeding are you sure you are fit for a run?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 am

Blood Mage jumps a little, "I'm fine I'm fine." He chuckles and his eyes dart around. "I get cuts easily and bleed quite a bit." Mage looks ahead and starts humming loudly, waiting to sign up for the race.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Carn looked behind him, chuckling at the various comments, though the little dragon was right...The sheer variety was astounding...All the better, he decided. Still, as the red pony mentioned being a bit of a bleeder, he shook his head. "Well, just be careful...I think it'd ruin the mood for someone to get themselves hurt in a friendly race..." The pegasus and unicorn seemed to have met before, though judging by their comments, more acquaintances than anything. He blinked, though, at the little dragonling trying to sign up...Was it mad, or did it have a trick up its sleeve...? Hrm...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood Mage jumps a little, "I'm fine I'm fine." He chuckles and his eyes dart around. "I get cuts easily and bleed quite a bit." Mage looks ahead and starts humming loudly, waiting to sign up for the race.

"Your voice just changed is that normal for you?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 pm

"yes"
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Ramsus wrote:Camellia just gave Nihil a blank stare and turned to the griffon and said flatly, "I think what he means is that we'd like to sign up."

Ebonblade looks over you. "Great, more late comers, seems like every creature in the city has decided to come and sign up in the last hour, and it's quite the hodgepogde this time," he says with a sigh, "alright, let's get this over with. I hope you all understand the rules, I'll just say them this once so listen up. This is a race of physical prowess, but there are a few rules:
- Flying immediately disqualifies you.
- Any action seen as an attack against a fellow racer is also a disqualification.
- Straying from the course is a disqualification
- The city of Frostfalls is not liable for any damages caused by your participation in this event, so sign up at your own risk
- The course boundaries are marked by red flags and the goal lines are yellow ribbons marking the path between two stakes
- There are three different sections to the race: The snow field, the valley, and the ice path, in that order. There are no pause times between the sections, and they are all about making it between the yellow markers as quick as you can.
- You can be creative about how you reach the finish line so long as you don't break any of those particular points.
- Oh yes, and as you finish signing up, you are assigned a numbered cloth, don't lose that piece of cloth, it's what will get you a free meal at the end.

Just write your name here and take the corresponding numbered cloth. Any questions?" he asks as you are offered the form.

(OOC: You guys can bicker amongst yourselves for favourite numbers, the numbers 1 through 68 are taken, so you guys get 69-74 as your numbers.)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Blood stares at the 69 and quickly grabs at the next number on the list. "Not it."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Carn took 69, wondering if it was some in-joke or the unicorn just thought it was an unlucky number...He nodded, signing (Well, more like scrawling, his writing left a bit to be desired like snow was a little chilly) his name to participate, chuckling. "Seems simple enough. No taking out other racers, no going off-course, go fast. Easy." He nodded at the griffon, not particularly bothered by the attitude. In his experience, guards tended to be a little edgy at the best of times.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Wave Rider quickly signs her name spits the pen out and then grabs the number 71.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:48 am

Camellia takes 72 and also fails to get the 69 joke.

Last edited by Ramsus on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am

Nihil reaches over the edge of the table and grabs one of the numbers at random. "74... Heh, figures."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:56 am

"Oh, I forgot to mention," the gryphon says with a shake of his head, "you'd better get to the start-line quickly, after all, the contest doesn't take place inside the city. Best of luck to you, you'll need it to beat me, after all, I'm not running in this just for the free meal." He gestures to a red cloth pinned to his guard uniform with the number 4 written on it.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:05 am

(Camilla: Blood took/got 70)

"Good. Obviously, neither am I. Though you'll likely win out, I won't let it be easy." Glenrir takes the numbered sash (#73, two prime numbers) as part of the race's requirements, even if he doubted the food at the end would be anything of use. Some fancier place-settings made nice den decorations while they lasted, but it was probably just slop. The bits were the prize, but even those were a nice-to-have. A griffon in a non-flying tournament though, that would be interesting just to watch. The way their feathers got little icicles if they fell in water was so interesting.

Seems like it was, in fact, popular. 74 beings was a huge gathering. And far from the fireball! Perfect! Interaction and the safety of the frigid taiga. "I suppose I will see you all at the starting lines. Let us enjoy the good weather. Care to walk together until then?" Well, good weather if you didn't particularly care about the cold. Or snow. Or light clouds (they should clear up by dusk with the weather team).
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 am

"Might as well, we're all headed the same direction...No reason to be unsociable for its own sake." Carn shrugged, making sure his sash was on properly and nodding...Even a timberwolf was participating...He paused a moment to wonder if they even -got- tired, but decided not to get worked up about it. He'd know soon enough...Though, he was a bit surprised that the griffon was in this race, too...He'd assumed they'd be watching to prevent rules violations...But then, maybe he was just trying to avoid having to actually pay the prize money? Didn't matter to the bear, it was another competitor he'd beat in the end anyhow! He chuckled softly, looking at the others for a moment. "Well, when you're all ready...?"
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 am

Camellia looked at the timberwolf and wondered what it was. "Um...... sure." she said, more concerned with trying to figure out what it was she was looking at. Bloody Stupid Mage, ok weird. A baby dragon, pretty unusual. Bears and pegasi, nothing to be surprised by. A wolf made out of wood. That's pretty strange. she thought.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 pm

With your numbers assigned the six of you make your way out of the 'Mountain Gate' of the city. Following a trail of other folk, most of them spectators excited for the race, though amongst them a few racers can be made out. After about half an hour of climbing up a large mountain trail, you arrive at the starting area of the race. A huddle of other racers have gather around, many of them joking and laughing.

Adam Smash, you're amongst this growing group of racers, and keeping your eye out, you've manage to spot about two other racers amongst the mix that look like they will be some real competition. One's a burly green earth pony with a hammer cutie mark, and the other is an orange unicorn who has been boasting for the past half hour about how sure he is in his victory. Yo your experienced eye, you think that there is some merit to his words, his cutie mark is two crossed flaming batons.

Those two were the only real competition, until, about half an hour from the race's beginning, a group of six other racers, a mishmash of creatures, make their way to the starting area. Under your appraising eye, you figure that the approaching polar bear seems to fit into the ranks of those who will be a contender for the 100 gold prize.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm

"And that is why it is called "The Mourning Wood"." Glenrir finishes his little story on a bit of timberwolf mythology as they reach the starting line.

Lots of colours. Once again he marveled at how this species, this non-poisonous, herbivorous, brightly coloured species, managed to live long enough to learn to use tools. But like it or not, that was the way of things. At least it would be easy to see where they were in relation to him during the run. Because friendly or not, a competition is a competition, and the timber wolves had a reputation to uphold to place well. "Seems we're here."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Blood Mage makes a face at the end of the story, and then looks around. "... I think I'm going to regret this. I'm not that strong of a runner."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

"I see...I hadn't heard that story...Thank you for sharing." Carn nodded, looking at his competition...Some of 'em looked like they might be a challenge, but at the red one's concern, he glanced over. "Didn't have to sign up for this...If nothing else, it'll make you stronger for pushing yourself to your limits." True enough. Seeing them balk at a challenge made his fur bristle, but he kept his knee-jerk reaction to himself. Personally, he was still worried about the little ones like the baby dragon getting crushed underpaw...Or hoof, as he supposed the ponies would say.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Camellia shrugged. "A free meal is a free meal. Just don't start the race walking and I think you'll be fine." She looked over at Glenrir and asked a bit skeptically, "Did that stuff all really happen though?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 am

"No need to be so tense Magey. Just try to have some fun with it," Nihil says with a cheerful expression. "Like my cousin Valthalak used to say, it's not about whether you win or lose, it's how many people you manage to trip up along the way."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am

"Such a sad tale... I wish you all good luck."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 am

"We like to believe it happened despite the sadness, but it does not matter; the lessons learned are the key. The tale could be false, and lose no meaning. Or so Desi used to say to me." In response to Camilla, and accompanying it the timber wolf adds a shrug. Their heroes and legends were not so vapid that non-existence would render them meaningless, old Desi Dewus would continue, but the wolf found out the hard way once that voicing that second part tended to make the speaker seem arrogant. Aesap's writings were a cornerstone in their origin story, but it didn't truly matter, any creating pony being long dead.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next